FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1453477 --- 07/11/14 06:27 PM What happened??
retired wrench Offline

Loc: New York State
The case of Dr. Anna Marie Kontor, the thief, was covered by the media up to the point where she got her change of venue. There was supposed to be a bench trial in Marion NY on May 23. There was nothing on the news. I have done web searches to find the outcome. Did it all get swept under the rug? Is it some kind of secret? Did she get what she deserved or weasel out of it?

FingerLakes1.com
#1454584 --- 07/19/14 10:35 AM Re: What happened?? [Re: retired wrench]
retired wrench Offline

270 views and no one knows what the outcome was? That's just weird (suspicious). I wonder if Emperor Cuomo or some one in his staff used (abused) executive powers to make the case go away. The D.A. had offered her a plea deal and she refused. He said he wouldn't back down. So, then what? Shouldn't this be a matter of public record?

#1454600 --- 07/19/14 07:06 PM Re: What happened?? [Re: retired wrench]
Blue_man Offline

Loc: Required, FD
A lot of times, trials get scheduled and then adjourned. Maybe it just hasn't happened yet.

Assuming the trial was held, here's a good rule of thumb: If a DA didn't issue a press release about it, they probably lost.

#1454661 --- 07/20/14 05:24 PM Re: What happened?? [Re: Blue_man]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
I'm not sure, but I guess that the status is public info, and that by calling the DA's office Wrench would get the answer to his question.

#1454662 --- 07/20/14 05:26 PM Re: What happened?? [Re: retired wrench]
retired wrench Offline

Barring political intervention, I think you would have to search long and hard to find an A.D.A. so incompetent as to lose that case.

I sent inquiries to the newspapers that had covered the story. None responded after 10 days.

#1461835 --- 10/20/14 05:45 PM Re: What happened?? [Re: retired wrench]
retired wrench Offline

Found this on the S.C.O.P.E. web site. Looks like she and her lawyer will drag this out as long as possible. If I had known, I would have gone to the last hearing. I may show up for the next carrying a sign. She did the crime, she should do the time.

http://www.scopeny.org/641-2/