FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1451406 --- 06/21/14 05:43 PM Bass Pro
cinlou Offline

Loc: Montezuma, NY USA
Now that they are building a much larger Bass Pro in victor, NY, do you think they will close the Auburn store? I am curious how long their lease at the Finger Lakes mall is?

FingerLakes1.com
#1451423 --- 06/22/14 06:55 AM Re: Bass Pro [Re: cinlou]
teedoff27 Offline

Loc: S2Hphoto
I hope they close! The place is a JOKE! The 4 times I have gone I never had a positive experience there. Between their SEVERE lack of ammunition(empty shelves)/shooting accessories and the idiots running the gun department I will NEVER go back!

Come August I will be driving bye BOTH Bass Pro Shops and go to a REAL Sports Outfitter and go to Cabela's in Cheektowaga!

#1451428 --- 06/22/14 08:10 AM Re: Bass Pro [Re: teedoff27]
Frisco kid Offline

Loc: Constantia NY
Scotty how about the Gander Mountain store in Cicero?

#1451441 --- 06/22/14 10:58 AM Re: Bass Pro [Re: cinlou]
teedoff27 Offline

I've gotten most of my stuff at Gander Mtn. But had gone to Bass pro twice looking for specific ammo that ganderMtn didn't have. Then I got gift cards to bass pro for a gun I wanted for Christmas. I went 2 times looking for the gun and it was out of stock and they couldn't be bothered to look up another store or order 1 for me. They didnt have any any of the supplies i wanted either so i couldnt even use my gift cards to get rid of them. So I vowed to never go again and pawned them at pawn king for 50 cents on the dollar and put the $$ to the side for when Cabelas opens

#1452031 --- 06/26/14 11:40 PM Re: Bass Pro [Re: teedoff27]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Originally Posted By: teedoff27
I hope they close! The place is a JOKE! The 4 times I have gone I never had a positive experience there. Between their SEVERE lack of ammunition(empty shelves)/shooting accessories and the idiots running the gun department I will NEVER go back!

Come August I will be driving bye BOTH Bass Pro Shops and go to a REAL Sports Outfitter and go to Cabela's in Cheektowaga!

“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” - Ernest Hemingway

#1452159 --- 06/28/14 12:37 PM Re: Bass Pro [Re: cinlou]
teedoff27 Offline

Well I like the game of fishing, the game of camping, and the game of shooting trap then smile

#1452501 --- 07/02/14 11:21 AM Re: Bass Pro [Re: cinlou]
BrumWife Offline

Loc: Geneva
They are building a huge Field and Steam across from Marketplace mall in Rochester (actually across the parking lot from Dick's sporting goods). I'm familiar with their products but not the store so I don't know how it compares to Bass Pro or Gander. Maybe they would have a better selection of what your looking for.

#1452593 --- 07/03/14 11:12 AM Re: Bass Pro [Re: cinlou]
teedoff27 Offline

Thanks.... I heard about the Field and Stream store... I am gonna give them a look too when I am in that area. We live in SEWERcuse frown

The other bonus is my daughter goes to College at Buffalo State AND is currently working at the new Cabela's in Cheektowaga (opens August 7). "I can kill 2 birds with one stone" (pun intended) and visit my daughter and get ammo and fishing gear too! smile

#1454452 --- 07/18/14 08:32 AM Re: Bass Pro [Re: cinlou]
retired wrench Offline

Loc: New York State
It's not right to blame Bass Pro for the lack of ammo on the shelves. That is the work of Emperor Cuomo. His silly and useless (un)S.A.F.E. act caused people to buy and horde ammo. I haven't seen any better selection at Gander Mountain.

That being said, I have had a few bad experiences with Bass Pro. Most were caused by personnel that were incompetent or were trying to push the most expensive items.

The Tracker Boat division was even worse. I had to resort to a letter writing campaign to the BBB and any other agency I could think of to get a warranty taken care of. Owned a boat for a month and then went without it for a year. Luckily I traded it without too big a loss.

#1454504 --- 07/18/14 05:38 PM Re: Bass Pro [Re: cinlou]
teedoff27 Offline

I beg to differ. The Auburn Bass pro is notoriously ALWAYS low on ammo. My Father in Law went last Tuesday and swore it was his last time too because of supply.
You can blame Prince Andrew if you want. But it is hard to prove when Dicks, Gander Mtn, and even pathetic Wal*Mart has TRIPLE the ammo inventory!

The reason I was going was for the New Winchester AA Traacker shotgun shells for trap. Bass Pro advertised them and even had a giant display case with video that was completely empty. When I asked when they were getting more I was told "your guess is as good as mine". Same thing was said when I inqiluired numerous times about the shotgun I wanted. The couldn't even bother to look up another store or let me order one!

#1454550 --- 07/18/14 11:59 PM Re: Bass Pro [Re: teedoff27]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Originally Posted By: teedoff27
I beg to differ. The Auburn Bass pro is notoriously ALWAYS low on ammo. My Father in Law went last Tuesday and swore it was his last time too because of supply.

Agreed. Don't even get me started on their party selection of toreador supplies. wink

#1455760 --- 07/30/14 06:50 AM Re: Bass Pro [Re: cinlou]
teedoff27 Offline

Only a mere 8 days 3 hours and 10 minutes till the NEW Cabela's opens in Cheektowaga!

We're going Sunday 8/3 from 5pm-9pm for the "Friends and Family" store preview where ALL customers get the *employee discount* 20%-35% off depending on the item. smile

#1455891 --- 07/30/14 03:18 PM Re: Bass Pro [Re: cinlou]
deadphilosopher Offline

Loc: New York
I have been to the Utica Bass Pro recently. It is a smaller store but has 10 times the stock in it than the Auburn store. The Auburn store fits right in with the other stores in the area as far as stocking the shelves. Also, I have been to the one in Harrisburg and there is no comparison to Auburn.
As for the Field and Stream it is owned by Dick's Sporting Goods. I t is also only the 3rd or 4th store for them. I am skeptical of it being worthwhile because of it's parent company and also the website is very lacking in anything about the stores that are open so I can at least compare it to Bass and Cabela's.
As for Gander that is a joke they carry nothing in them anymore they are worse than Bass for stock.

#1456408 --- 08/05/14 07:11 AM Re: Bass Pro [Re: cinlou]
teedoff27 Offline

Went to the Friends and Family Sneak Preview at Cabela's of Cheektowaga Sunday! smile When we arrived at 4:30 the parking lot was already full and people were lined up around the building and down the block. This was a limited engagement and you had to have a pass to get in. I can't even imagine how busy they will come Thursday 11am for the Grand Opening!

The store is nice. Even though the store is smaller than Bass Pro Auburn they sell just as much outdoor gear as them because they don't have all the extra knicknacks, old fashion candy and other crap that takes up a huge part of the Bass Pro Shop.

Their gun and ammo section is LARGER and far superior to Bass pro and I venture to guess they have DOUBLE the guns and ammo that Bass Pro has. They also have a HUGE selection of used guns for sale too!

I bought a nice Cabela's multipurpose tool and ammo for trap league. There shotgun shells were $6.99-$8.99/ box the same shells at Bass Pro $9.80-$11.80/box. They even had the Winchester AA TrAAcker shells that Bass Pro hasn't had in over a year!

#1456453 --- 08/05/14 01:47 PM Re: Bass Pro [Re: cinlou]
teedoff27 Offline

here is the write up about the Grand Opening

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2...ml#incart_river

#1469790 --- 04/26/15 03:26 PM Re: Bass Pro [Re: cinlou]
The Mechanic Offline

Loc: NY
I bought .22 ammo and .45 ammo just the other day at Bass Pro in Auburn. No problems. I hope by doing so I was able to

**** off the liberals.

Edited by FL1 Mod 3 (04/27/15 10:21 PM)

#1469831 --- 04/27/15 02:33 PM Re: Bass Pro [Re: The Mechanic]
Teonan Offline

Loc: West End
Originally Posted By: The Mechanic
I bought .22 ammo and .45 ammo just the other day at Bass Pro in Auburn. No problems. I hope by doing so I was able to **** off the liberals.

Now why ever would you think that? Gotta permit for em?

Edited by FL1 Mod 3 (04/27/15 10:21 PM)

#1469896 --- 04/28/15 01:34 PM Re: Bass Pro [Re: cinlou]
Rich_Tallcot Offline

Loc: Greeneville, TN
Between the rent and the overhead I don’t know why any stores are left there. Bass Pro never had anything I needed. Their ammo selection always sucked. I bought a pair of RedHead boots there and they lasted less than a year. Next year I bought a pair at Walmart for a third of the cost and they lasted three years. I think they'll close because I don't think the mall owners will cut them a realistic lease.

#1469984 --- 04/29/15 09:45 PM Re: Bass Pro [Re: cinlou]
young guns Offline

Loc: USA
Bass Pro is the only thing that's saving the mall from complete closure.

#1470019 --- 04/30/15 11:01 AM Re: Bass Pro [Re: Teonan]
The Mechanic Offline

Loc: NY
<!-- -->
Originally Posted By: Teonan
Originally Posted By: The Mechanic
I bought .22 ammo and .45 ammo just the other day at Bass Pro in Auburn. No problems. I hope by doing so I was able to **** off the liberals.

Now why ever would you think that? Gotta permit for em?

No I don't have a permit to buy ammo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >