FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1447760 --- 05/15/14 12:31 PM Mulch fron Sensingings on 5&20
rhysmay Offline

Loc: New york USA
I was told today by people working at my house to beware of buying mulch at Sensenings on Rte 5&20. The guy bought two loads of mulch from them for his yard and found when he began to use it, that it was completely infested with thousands of mosquitoes and carpenter ants, plus a terrible odor. Since he is in the pest control business, he was able to handle the situation, but was warning his customers. I never had ants before, but my lawn care person used mulch from Sensenings and now I have some ant infestation and had to pay to have pest control service. Just a warning.

FingerLakes1.com
#1447778 --- 05/15/14 03:23 PM Re: Mulch fron Sensingings on 5&20 [Re: rhysmay]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Originally Posted By: rhysmay
I was told today by people working at my house to beware of buying mulch at Sensenings on Rte 5&20. The guy bought two loads of mulch from them for his yard and found when he began to use it, that it was completely infested with thousands of mosquitoes and carpenter ants, plus a terrible odor. Since he is in the pest control business, he was able to handle the situation, but was warning his customers. I never had ants before, but my lawn care person used mulch from Sensenings and now I have some ant infestation and had to pay to have pest control service. Just a warning.
I am quite sure that this is where Seneca Meadows gets their mulch that they give away for free to Seneca County residents this Saturday,

http://www.senecameadows.com/