FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 93 of 110 < 1 2 ... 91 92 93 94 95 ... 109 110 >
Topic Options
#1443572 --- 04/07/14 05:15 AM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: Timbo]
Rich_Tallcot Offline

Loc: Greeneville, TN
Blood quantum is what is used by the tribes and the government to determine tribal membership. Tell them they are wrong.

I have never told a gay to go to NY or said I did. Just pointed out that TN law and constitution bans gay marriage and NY is legal as per the wiki link I posted. I erred in not using the politically correct term.

FingerLakes1.com
#1443574 --- 04/07/14 05:44 AM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: Rich_Tallcot]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Originally Posted By: Rich_Tallcot
I have never told a gay to go to NY or said I did. Just pointed out that TN law and constitution bans gay marriage and NY is legal as per the wiki link I posted.

Is that what you call it now when someone (in this case, you) uses hate speech... an "error"???
Allow me to refresh your memory:

"Yup, no ***s allowed to get married here. They better stay in NY. Maybe that is another reason the NY population does not decline as fast as people bail out."

You sure are stacking it high, today.

#1443576 --- 04/07/14 06:25 AM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: Rich_Tallcot]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Blood quantum is what is used by the tribes and the government to determine tribal membership. Tell them they are wrong.

1) Who is "them"?

2) It is only used by indians because the US Government has forced it upon the Indians for it's own convenience, NOT for the convenience of the Indians.

3) To the best of my knowledge, the Indians have never claimed that it's a scientifically valid methodology, as you vehemently argue that it is (it's NOT). It's simply a loose method of establishing an extremely simplistic (and inaccurate) classification of heritage. It categorically does NOT establish "genetic" quanta. It only indicates a probability, and even then, only superficially. If ANYONE claims otherwise, they ARE wrong.

4) The practice of the blood quantum criterion, is not sustainable due to the inherent limitations of the testing process as well as the need for genetic diversity within the tribes.

5) The whole blood quantum institution, is ultimately meaningless except for the purposes of legalities.

For those who choose to live in a world of historical and scientific reality:

http://www.littlewolf.us/Bloodquantum.html
http://www.native-languages.org/blood.htm
http://books.google.com/books?id=E0CsvVo...ess&f=false
http://notesfromthemadabstractdark.wordpress.com/2013/09/29/on-blood-quantum-and-tribal-membership/

#1443577 --- 04/07/14 06:30 AM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: kyle585]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: kyle585
Originally Posted By: Timbo
There's no such thing as 100% indigenous. It's a meaningless term and a scientific impossibility.
Of course there is. If you are indigenous and not of mixed race, there you are 100% indigenous. Wow.
http://www.culturalsurvival.org/node/10275 Called Tribal Peoples, First Peoples, Native Peoples, Indigenous Peoples constitute about 5% of the world’s population,
It's not possible. Every living creature on Earth is an amalgamation of a wide range of genetic backgrounds.
Indigenous people are not possible you said recently. You change your story daily.
And every other comment out of your mouth is a lie. I never said such an idiotic thing.
What? OMG I am quoting you saying it right here! You have to be really wacky!

Show us all where I said "Indigenous people are not possible". crazy

#1443578 --- 04/07/14 06:37 AM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: Rich_Tallcot]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Your post:
1440612 - 03/21/14 12:01 AM
Anyway you look at it, TN combined/average taxes are still the highest in the country.

You can read, can't you?

http://taxfoundation.org/article/state-and-local-sales-tax-rates-2014

#1443579 --- 04/07/14 06:38 AM Re: $895 Million Owed NY by Tribes [Re: bluezone]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

I have never told a gay to go to NY or said I did. Just pointed out that TN law and constitution bans gay marriage and NY is legal as per the wiki link I posted.

Is that what you call it now when someone (in this case, you) uses hate speech... an "error"???
Allow me to refresh your memory:

"Yup, no ***s allowed to get married here. They better stay in NY. Maybe that is another reason the NY population does not decline as fast as people bail out."

You sure are stacking it high, today.

#1443580 --- 04/07/14 06:39 AM Re: $895 Million Owed NY by Tribes [Re: bluezone]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

1) Who is "them"?

2) It is only used by Indians because the US Government has forced it upon the them for it's own convenience, NOT for the convenience of the Indians.

3) To the best of my knowledge, the Indians have never claimed that it's a scientifically valid methodology, as you vehemently argue that it is (it's NOT). It's simply a loose method of establishing an extremely simplistic (and inaccurate) classification of heritage. It categorically does NOT establish "genetic" quanta. It only indicates a probability, and even then, only superficially. If ANYONE claims otherwise, they ARE wrong.

4) The practice of the blood quantum criterion, is not sustainable due to the inherent limitations of the testing process as well as the need for genetic diversity within the tribes.

5) The whole blood quantum institution, is ultimately meaningless except for the purposes of legalities.

For those who choose to live in a world of historical and scientific reality:

http://www.littlewolf.us/Bloodquantum.html
http://www.native-languages.org/blood.htm
http://books.google.com/books?id=E0CsvVo...ess&f=false
http://notesfromthemadabstractdark.wordpress.com/2013/09/29/on-blood-quantum-and-tribal-membership/

#1443581 --- 04/07/14 06:40 AM Re: $895 Million Owed NY by Tribes [Re: bluezone]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

There's no such thing as 100% indigenous. It's a meaningless term and a scientific impossibility.
Of course there is. If you are indigenous and not of mixed race, there you are 100% indigenous. Wow.
http://www.culturalsurvival.org/node/10275 Called Tribal Peoples, First Peoples, Native Peoples, Indigenous Peoples constitute about 5% of the world’s population,
It's not possible. Every living creature on Earth is an amalgamation of a wide range of genetic backgrounds.
Indigenous people are not possible you said recently. You change your story daily.
And every other comment out of your mouth is a lie. I never said such an idiotic thing.
What? OMG I am quoting you saying it right here! You have to be really wacky!

#1443582 --- 04/07/14 06:54 AM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: Rich_Tallcot]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools

#1443586 --- 04/07/14 10:20 AM Re: $895 Million Owed NY by Tribes [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Show us all where I said "Indigenous people are not possible".
Right here.

#1443602 --- 04/07/14 03:47 PM Re: $895 Million Owed NY by Tribes [Re: kyle585]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Show us all where I said "Indigenous people are not possible".
Right here.

Yeah, I pretty much figured you'd say something juvenile, like that.

#1443621 --- 04/07/14 06:53 PM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: Timbo]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA

1) Who is "them"?

must be YOU

#1443631 --- 04/07/14 07:30 PM Re: $895 Million Owed NY by Tribes [Re: Timbo]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Yeah,

and how many 'native' offspring do you have?

#1443632 --- 04/07/14 07:31 PM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: Timbo]
Rich_Tallcot Offline

1) Who is "them"?

2) It is only used by indians because the US Government has forced it upon the Indians for it's own convenience, NOT for the convenience of the Indians.

For answer to number one, see number two. I never said all tribes liked it, but that is the criteria that is used. Obviously the tribes and U.S. Government know what blood quantum is, how to define it and how to apply it. Is that what keeps you from being a tribal member?

#1443642 --- 04/07/14 08:13 PM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: Rich_Tallcot]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

1) Who is "them"?

For answer to number one, see number two. I never said all tribes liked it, but that is the criteria that is used. Obviously the tribes and U.S. Government know what blood quantum is, how to define it and how to apply it. Is that what keeps you from being a tribal member?

Your broad generalities suggest nothing else.

Again, who is "them"... and be specific.

#1443643 --- 04/07/14 08:19 PM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: Timbo]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Again, who is "them"... and be specific.

what is an 'indian'
and be specific

#1443646 --- 04/07/14 08:26 PM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: VM Smith]
Rich_Tallcot Offline

AK 7.0 SD 7.6 TN 7.7 WY 7.8 LA 7.8 TX 7.9

The average American paid 9.9% of their income on state and local taxes during 2010, according to data from The Tax Foundation. The state of New York ranked highest, with residents paying 12.8% of their income on state and local taxes. The lowest: Alaska at 7.0%.

I knew that and eliminated AK and SD due to the climate.

I see the circle runner still running in circles copying my post of his post where he claimed
TN combined/average taxes are still the highest in the country,

and then states "You can read, can't you?" and posts the link to the sales taxes again.

Obviously Timbo cannot comprehend the difference or accept that restating his arguments, which have already been disproven, coming back to where he started amounts to running in circles going nowhere.

Oh, and I love his number 5 argument on blood quantum claiming it is only used for the purposes of legalities. In other words, I'm right but he's never wrong. LOL grin

#1443648 --- 04/07/14 08:36 PM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: bluezone]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Originally Posted By: bluezone

1) Who is "them"?

must be YOU

LOL. Rich specifically names two entities which are doing one thing, and then refers to "them" as entities to complain to regarding the doing of that one thing, and Timbo can't even figure out what entities are meant by "them". You really couldn't imagine this kind of stupidity regarding something that can't be explained more clearly and simply, without resorting to arrows being drawn between words, but there it is.

#1443650 --- 04/07/14 08:45 PM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: VM Smith]
tubby Offline

Loc: N.Y.
Timblo can't handle getting crushed in every debate he has with Rich.

#1443654 --- 04/07/14 08:54 PM Re: $895 Million Owed NY by Tribes [Re: Timbo]
Rich_Tallcot Offline

Ah, of course not because you put in one of your qualifiers saying 100% indigenous is not possible.

# 1442513 - 03/31/14 02:33 PM

Then why do you oppose equality under the law based on ethnicity? Actually the disparity is political based on tribalism but I like your argument better because based on race would be unconstitutional. Keep up the bad work.

Page 93 of 110 < 1 2 ... 91 92 93 94 95 ... 109 110 >