FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1443283 - 04/04/14 08:02 PM Facebook
SFNative Offline

Just dumped my Facebook account due to all the family Drama and arguments. Usless posts, 20 minute status updates....Got sick of the whole arrangement...Is Facebook done?

Edited by SFNative (04/04/14 08:03 PM)

FingerLakes1.com
#1443301 - 04/05/14 12:40 AM Re: Facebook [Re: SFNative]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
IDK if freakbook is done, but I was done with it a couple of years ago.

#1443313 - 04/05/14 06:45 AM Re: Facebook [Re: SFNative]
*Sparkey* Offline

Loc: Baby Jail
Originally Posted By: SFNative
Just dumped my Facebook account due to all the family Drama and arguments. Usless posts, 20 minute status updates....Got sick of the whole arrangement...Is Facebook done?

Facebook is not done grin You seem to be done with Facebook...The drama and family arguments you mentioned are not Facebook's fault...it's your friends and family that you allowed on your page...Just save it all for Christmas grin

#1443324 - 04/05/14 08:16 AM Re: Facebook [Re: SFNative]
teedoff27 Offline

Loc: S2Hphoto
I am the other way around. I am basically *done* with FL1 and spend a majority of my time on facebook for games and staying up to date with my out-of-state friends and family.

Our family doesn't air our *dirty laundry* on social media, and arguments over words typed on a screen are pointless.

If I don't like the contents of peoples post I either unfollow them or unfriend them. It's as simple as that.

I chat MORE with my FL1 friends on Facebook than I ever did here.

#1443454 - 04/06/14 04:25 AM Re: Facebook [Re: teedoff27]
*Sparkey* Offline

Loc: Baby Jail
Originally Posted By: teedoff27
I am the other way around. I am basically *done* with FL1 and spend a majority of my time on facebook for games and staying up to date with my out-of-state friends and family.

Our family doesn't air our *dirty laundry* on social media, and arguments over words typed on a screen are pointless.

If I don't like the contents of peoples post I either unfollow them or unfriend them. It's as simple as that.

I chat MORE with my FL1 friends on Facebook than I ever did here.

Ditto!!!!

#1450529 - 06/12/14 01:52 PM Re: Facebook [Re: *Sparkey*]
Aces_Up Offline

Loc: Seneca Fall's, NY
Facebook makes for good entertainment at times. grin whistle

#1450741 - 06/14/14 01:57 PM Re: Facebook [Re: SFNative]
BrumWife Offline

Loc: Geneva
The younger demographic has been dropping Facebook for a while now. Twitter is still popular but Instagram, and SnapChat especially, are the new hottest social media sites. There are still a lot of people using Facebook , including me, but if I want to keep in touch with my nieces, they are all about SnapChat and never check their facebook pages anymore.

They did a survey of the incoming freshman at the college I work at about what social media they prefer and would they "friend" the university's various Facebook pages. Most of them don't have or rarely check Facebook.

Edited by BrumWife (06/14/14 01:57 PM)