Topic Options
#1442275 --- 03/30/14 12:09 PM Re: They've Paid Enough Already! [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
http://www.fingerlakes1.com/addedstories/20140330122205.php

FingerLakes1.com
3/30/14 @ 12:17 pm

New York State Senator Mike Nozzolio announced on Sunday that the New York State budget includes funding to offset the financial burden on local taxpayers created by the refusal of the Cayuga Indians to pay their local school and property taxes. Senator Nozzolio led the effort along with Assembly Minority Leader Brian Kolb and Assemblymen Oaks, Finch, and Palmesano, to secure $2.5 million to compensate Cayuga and Seneca Counties for unpaid property taxes on land that is owned by the Cayuga Indians.

“After months of hard work, I am pleased to announce that we have been successful in securing $2.5 million in state funding to offset the financial burden placed on local taxpayers as a result of the Cayuga Indians' refusal to pay their fair share of property taxes! It is critically important to the future economic viability of our region that we take the steps necessary to protect our taxpayers from this unfair situation and I was proud to lead the effort to include this funding in the final 2014-15 State Budget," said New York State Senator Mike Nozzolio.

“It was a pleasure to work with Senator Nozzolio and my Assembly colleagues to secure this critically important funding. The inclusion of this funding in the State budget is excellent news for the taxpayers of Cayuga and Seneca Counties and will certainly help to offset the devastating financial burden created by the Cayugas’ refusal to pay their property taxes,” said Assembly Minority Leader Brian Kolb.

“On behalf of the residents of Seneca County, I applaud Senator Nozzolio for his tireless efforts to secure this important funding. Today’s announcement is a tremendous step forward for Seneca County and we will continue to work with Senator Nozzolio as we fight to protect our local taxpayers,” said Bob Hayssen, Chairman of the Seneca County Board of Supervisors.

"This important funding will help to protect our taxpayers and ensure that they are not penalized for the taxes not paid by the Cayuga Indians,” said Michael Chapman, Chairman of the Cayuga County Legislature. "We thank Senator Nozzolio, Assemblyman Finch and Assemblyman Oaks for their aggressive efforts to safeguard our local taxpayers and include this funding in the 2014-2015 New York State Budget.”

“The taxpayers of Seneca County are grateful to Senator Nozzolio, Assemblyman Kolb and Assemblyman Palmesano for their efforts to secure this much needed funding. We look forward to working with them as we continue our efforts to eliminate this unfair burden,” said Bob Shipley, Majority Leader of the Seneca County Board of Supervisors.

“As a member of the Central New York Legislative Delegation, I am very pleased that this year’s State Budget provides reimbursement for the loss of tax revenue due to the failure of our Native American neighbors to pay their fair share of taxes. This measure will provide much needed relief to our local taxpayers. It was a privilege to work with Senator Nozzolio and my colleagues to secure this important funding,” said Assemblyman Gary Finch.

“I am delighted that we have been successful in our efforts to protect our local taxpayers from assuming the financial burden of the shortfall created by the Cayugas’ continued refusal to pay their property taxes. It was truly an honor to have the opportunity to work with Senator Nozzolio, Assembly Minority Leader Kolb and my Assembly colleagues to include this important funding in the 2014-2015 New York State Budget,” said Assemblyman Bob Oaks.

“We must take the necessary steps to protect our taxpayers from this unfair situation and I was pleased to work closely with Senator Nozzolio and my colleagues to secure this important funding,” said Assemblyman Phil Palmesano.

"As State Senator, I was proud to lead the effort to help the residents of Cayuga and Seneca Counties,” said Senator Mike Nozzolio.

FingerLakes1.com
#1442277 --- 03/30/14 12:12 PM Re: They've Paid Enough Already! [Re: kyle585]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
So, I guess you have to change your signature now. They would now owe the money to the State.

#1442279 --- 03/30/14 12:17 PM Re: Tribes are freeloaders. [Re: twocats]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: twocats
So, I guess you have to change your signature now. They would now owe the money to the State.
I changed it just for you.

#1442280 --- 03/30/14 12:18 PM Re: Tribes are freeloaders. [Re: kyle585]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

smile

That was quick.

#1442282 --- 03/30/14 12:18 PM Re: They've Paid Enough Already! [Re: bluezone]
Geedog Offline

Loc: NY
So we are being compensated for the unpaid taxes by our own taxes. Well played elected crooks.

#1442292 --- 03/30/14 01:12 PM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: Geedog]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Geedog
So we are being compensated for the unpaid taxes by our own taxes. Well played elected crooks.
The difference is that every taxpayer in New York state will now be able to say I am helping to pay taxes in Seneca and Cayuga counties and some town taxes and school taxes in some districts in those counties because the Indians refuse to pay their fair share.

#1442328 --- 03/30/14 05:54 PM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: kyle585]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

#1442334 --- 03/30/14 06:27 PM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: twocats]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: twocats
This is for specific areas for specific periods of time to encourage new business in New York State. The Indians want to pay no taxes FOREVER on whatever land they decide to buy ANYWHERE. A huge difference.
Quote:
The Start-Up NY program, which was signed into law by Cuomo in 2013, establishes tax-free zones for new businesses on SUNY and private college campuses. New businesses that open within a tax-free zone won't have to pay business, property or sales taxes for the next 10 years, and employees won't be required to pay state income taxes for five years.

#1442348 --- 03/30/14 07:18 PM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: kyle585]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Indians should pay back-taxes, once white man pays back-rent.

#1442350 --- 03/30/14 07:21 PM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Timbo
Are you paying back-rent to them? You really think we should give all of America back to them, don't you? That is one of the most asinine ideas I have ever heard of. Over half of them in the USA have already inter-bred with other races. What do we do about them? Should these partial Indians pay taxes?

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/aihmcensus1.html

The nation's population of American Indians and Alaska Natives, including those of more than one race. They made up about 2 percent of the total population in 2012. Of this total, about 49 percent were American Indian and Alaska Native only, and about 51 percent were American Indian and Alaska Native in combination with one or more other races.

Read more: American Indians: Census Facts | Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/spot/aihmcensus1.html#ixzz2xUnsU8Kz

Edited by kyle585 (03/30/14 07:49 PM)

#1442360 --- 03/30/14 07:51 PM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: kyle585]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: kyle585
Are you paying back-rent to them? You really think we should give all of America back to them, don't you? That is one of the most asinine ideas I have ever heard of.
Over half of them in the USA have already inter-bred with other races. What do we do about them?[/size]

You're putting words in my mouth... again.

I think that it's high time to stop screwing over the indigenous peoples of this land (regardless of how blended racial "lines" are).

#1442363 --- 03/30/14 08:03 PM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Are you paying back-rent to them? You really think we should give all of America back to them, don't you? That is one of the most asinine ideas I have ever heard of.
Over half of them in the USA have already inter-bred with other races. What do we do about them?

I think that it's high time to stop screwing over the indigenous peoples of this land (regardless of how blended racial "lines" are).

No matter how blended the racial lines become? If there are no 100% indigenous people left someday, then who gets what? So tell me what you think we should do to settle the score with them once and for all. I have heard no proposal from you. None. Zero. Nada.

#1442373 --- 03/30/14 10:48 PM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: kyle585]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

No matter how blended the racial lines become? If there are no 100% indigenous people left someday, then who gets what? So tell me what you think we should do to settle the score with them once and for all. I have heard no proposal from you. None. Zero. Nada.

Then I suspect that you're either blind, stupid, or a liar.

It's not a "zero sum game", Kyle.

There's no such thing as 100% indigenous. It's a meaningless term and a scientific impossibility.

Go read a book.

#1442396 --- 03/31/14 05:21 AM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

There's no such thing as 100% indigenous. It's a meaningless term and a scientific impossibility.
Of course there is. If you are indigenous and not of mixed race, there you are 100% indigenous. Wow.

http://www.culturalsurvival.org/node/10275

Called Tribal Peoples, First Peoples, Native Peoples, Indigenous Peoples constitute about 5% of the world’s population,

#1442397 --- 03/31/14 05:24 AM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Then I suspect that you're either blind, stupid, or a liar.
It is impossible to debate this topic with you because you refuse to state your position on what you want the outcome to be. Whenever I suggest something that may be your position based on your comments on here you say I am putting words in your mouth. Well somebody has to because no meaningful words come out of your mouth by itself!

I believe I have made my position quite clear.

Edited by kyle585 (03/31/14 05:37 AM)

#1442399 --- 03/31/14 05:35 AM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Over half of them in the USA have already inter-bred with other races. What do we do about them?
I have to try and debate this topic with you because no meaningful words come out of your mouth by itself! You refuse to state your position. You just go around in circles.

#1442402 --- 03/31/14 05:46 AM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: kyle585]
SportsRef1 Offline

Loc: Seneca County
The difference is that every taxpayer in New York state will now be able to say I am helping to pay taxes in Seneca and Cayuga counties and some town taxes and school taxes in some districts in those counties because the Indians refuse to pay their fair share.

it's nothing more than a form of redistribution Kyle.....

#1442403 --- 03/31/14 05:57 AM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: SportsRef1]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: SportsRef1
it's nothing more than a form of redistribution Kyle.....
Of course it is. But maybe when other counties realize they are paying money to Seneca and Cayuga counties to make up for what the Indians won't pay there will be more of an statewide outrage against this tribe of tax delinquents.

#1442408 --- 03/31/14 06:41 AM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: Timbo]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA

blame it on JB and the British

Originally Posted By: bluezone
The MOHAWK chief THAYENDANEGEA (known to Anglo-Americans as JOSEPH BRANT) was the most important Iroquois leader in the Revolutionary Era. He convinced four of the six Iroquois nations to join him in an alliance with the British and was instrumental in leading combined Indian, British, and Loyalist forces on punishing raids in western New York and Pennsylvania in 1778 and 1779.

you say you lost land

MOHAWK chief THAYENDANEGEA (known to Anglo-Americans as JOSEPH BRANT)
...British

seek if from them

---------------------

you say you want monetary compensation

...British

seek if from them

--------------------

you say you lost your culture

...British

seek if from them

------------------

anything else you feel you deserve

...British

seek if from them

#1442409 --- 03/31/14 06:43 AM Re: Tribe not paying their fair share. [Re: Timbo]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA

you are not 'indian' and you are not 'white' so when will you pay your back rent?

Page 83 of 110 < 1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 109 110 >