FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1441773 --- 03/26/14 07:20 PM Re: Missing money? [Re: retmac]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
Conspiracy theory? I think not, go back and re-read the posts. Someone asks how that much money can be missing without someone knowing. Its simple, no one bothered to check, they trusted the individual controlling the funds. I gave a few examples of situations I handled that show its easy to steal money if there are no checks and balances in place.

I asked how much money was needed to run a youth lacrosse program. No conspiracy could be implied from that. smile

FingerLakes1.com
#1441916 --- 03/27/14 03:42 PM Re: Missing money? [Re: leeoh]
retmac Offline

Loc: Penn Yan
I wasn't referring to anything you posted, Gene. I was referring to the early hints of police incompetence and local media "trying to keep the story quiet."

#1441941 --- 03/27/14 06:42 PM Re: Missing money? [Re: leeoh]
Mean Gene Offline

smile well you never know about the first and we know the newspaper only does news releases when they are issued.

#1441942 --- 03/27/14 06:47 PM Re: Missing money? [Re: Mean Gene]
de1 Offline

Loc: ny
[quote=Mean Gene]smile well you never know about the first and we know the newspaper only does news releases when they are issued. [/quote

I'm pretty sure the second doesn't happen all the time either!

#1441948 --- 03/27/14 07:35 PM Re: Missing money? [Re: leeoh]
G. Chamberlain Offline

de1 - Once again, I'm offering... Please call me so we can discuss how coverage decisions are made. 315-536-4422. And that's an open offer to anyone who would like to know more about how these things work. Oh, but correct, accurate and fair information would take all the fun out of it wouldn't it?
We don't report rumors. There's nothing to report until someone has been charged, and as long as I've been in the business, we have never withheld information. Go find another rant - this one is getting old and worn out.

#1441950 --- 03/27/14 07:48 PM Re: Missing money? [Re: G. Chamberlain]
de1 Offline

I seem to remember when the Amish accident was being published you left a few details out for one instance! Could it be because of your connections to the sheriff's office? I don't remember seeing anything about the EMS call on City Hill & Henderson RD. either! Those are just a few! If you want I'm sure I could come up with more! If you want to read some real local papers read the Observer or FLT! They aren't afraid to report the news and actually take stands on issues on their editorial pages!

Edited by de1 (03/27/14 07:59 PM)

#1441970 --- 03/27/14 10:25 PM Re: Missing money? [Re: de1]
Yuri358 Offline

Loc: here
What about the boat patrol deputy/ dispatcher/ volunteer fireman that was arrested for dwi. Where was that write up? Maybe the family name was not on the reporting list. I guess its who you are or not that gets reported. Small town mentality. Selective reporting.

Edited by Yuri358 (03/27/14 10:26 PM)

#1442011 --- 03/28/14 08:45 AM Re: Missing money? [Re: de1]
C.I.Brown Offline

Loc: PY,NY
I beg to differ with your opinion of the Chronicle. The Chronicle was the only newspaper that reported on the abuses of the spending habits of the Penn Yan fire department. the FL Times said diddly squat about the situation even after there was news on TV and evidence with many foiled receipts. The Chronicle was the only newspaper that did a good job reporting that situation and ran the risk of losing circulation. I think that took guts.

#1442014 --- 03/28/14 09:42 AM Re: Missing money? [Re: C.I.Brown]
de1 Offline

Originally Posted By: C.I.Brown
I beg to differ with your opinion of the Chronicle. The Chronicle was the only newspaper that reported on the abuses of the spending habits of the Penn Yan fire department. the FL Times said diddly squat about the situation even after there was news on TV and evidence with many foiled receipts. The Chronicle was the only newspaper that did a good job reporting that situation and ran the risk of losing circulation. I think that took guts.

OMG Please! Comparing the Chronicle to the Observer or FLT is like comparing a fish wrapper to a real newspaper! Selective reporting and editing when paper employees friends or family are involved is not real news reporting!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2