FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1436303 --- 02/12/14 05:04 PM One more yankee geezer farewell tour
wedggie Offline

Jeter calls 2014 his last! Who's Next? A-fraud, 2015?

FingerLakes1.com
#1436355 --- 02/13/14 05:53 AM Re: One more yankee geezer farewell tour [Re: wedggie]
SportsRef1 Offline

Loc: Seneca County
Originally Posted By: wedggie

so what would your problems with Jeter be Wedg.......the fact that he was always hard working and above board,loyal to his fans and team or that he never once thought of straying to the Red Sux?

#1436421 --- 02/13/14 01:53 PM Re: One more yankee geezer farewell tour [Re: SportsRef1]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Originally Posted By: SportsRef1

so what would your problems with Jeter be Wedg.......the fact that he was always hard working and above board,loyal to his fans and team or that he never once thought of straying to the Red Sux?

Gotta say that Jeter only played for one major league team, to my knowledge. That's a rarity in this free agent era. Kudos to Jeter! I think he's about 40 now? It's nice to go out on top before your skills really decline with age. He won't totally disapper. You'll probably see hhim either in a coaching position or in the booth.

He was never good enough for the Sox though.... wink

#1436477 --- 02/13/14 04:30 PM Re: One more yankee geezer farewell tour [Re: wedggie]
wedggie Offline

No problem with Jeter. Had stellar career. Congrats to him. Im just kinda tired…and Im sure I'm not alone…of this endless parade of some players who have peaked professionally, announcing BEFORE the season that this will be their last rodeo. If your going to retire, just do it! I can't help but think that the Yankee marketing machine helped bring this to life, with the Captain's blessing! What else does his legacy need? His accomplishments on the field, and in his off-the-field life, have already been written. "But the game/fans want(s) a last chance to say goodbye". Hey Derek, saying goodbye once should be enough for anyone. Same for the fans. Helping create a standard for ticket price increases unilaterally' throughout the league ballparks, seems somewhat disingenuous for this or any "farewell" tour. Not a slam against him personally but to any player involved similarly. In closing, I just feel more class is associated w/ leaving the stage appreciatively and quietly.

#1439162 --- 03/06/14 11:53 PM Re: One more yankee geezer farewell tour [Re: wedggie]
Big Floppy Offline

Loc: Boston
A typical opinion from a true Blowsox fan! What's the matter Wedgie, no one to give you a party when you retire? Sounds like typical Red Sox whining to me. Greedy owners choose to raise ticket prices. Leave it to you to blame that on one of the most respected players in the game today. I would love to see Fenway empty that last series in September but I have a feeling that the place will be full of Red Sox faithful paying their respect to one of the great Yankees of all time. One of the rare players who played the game the way it was meant to be played.

#1439173 --- 03/07/14 05:32 AM Re: One more yankee geezer farewell tour [Re: Josephus]
SportsRef1 Offline

Loc: Seneca County
Originally Posted By: Josephus
Originally Posted By: SportsRef1

Gotta say that Jeter only played for one major league team, to my knowledge. That's a rarity in this free agent era. Kudos to Jeter! I think he's about 40 now? It's nice to go out on top before your skills really decline with age. He won't totally disapper. You'll probably see hhim either in a coaching position or in the booth.

He was never good enough for the Sox though.... wink

because the RedSux have had such a long line of great shortstops!