FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 59 of 110 < 1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 109 110 >
Topic Options
#1437122 --- 02/19/14 01:24 PM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: bluezone]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Originally Posted By: bluezone
Originally Posted By: Timbo
Originally Posted By: Rich_Tallcot
The History Channel says earth is about 13 to 15 billion years old. That's good enough for me.

Where does the History Channel "say" THAT?

As usual, you are WRONG. The Big Bang occurred approximately 13.798 0.037 billion years ago. The age of the Earth is roughly 4.54 billion years.

It's nice to see that you're just as confused about scientific facts as always. crazy
is that why they found bones in north america prior to the 'tribes' migrating here?
Good question bluezone. I am sure you will get no answer on here.

FingerLakes1.com
#1437123 --- 02/19/14 02:14 PM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: kyle585]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY

Great, let's hear your theory.

#1437125 --- 02/19/14 03:34 PM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

They were bones from earlier peoples overrun by later tribes who were overrun by the later tribes as has happened throughout history. Now a small handful of the latest tribe survivors thinks the USA owes them a tax free living.

#1437137 --- 02/19/14 05:39 PM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: kyle585]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Originally Posted By: kyle585

They were bones from earlier peoples overrun by later tribes who were overrun by the later tribes as has happened throughout history. Now a small handful of the latest tribe survivors thinks the USA owes them a tax free living.

Actually, I heard about this from an archaeologist at work several years ago. As you said, they were older civilizations that were over taken by other societies (tribes), the latest being the Haudenosaune (aka. The Iroquois)... at least until Europeans came along. From what the archaeologist said, we know very little about those earlier societies.

#1437162 --- 02/19/14 08:39 PM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: Josephus]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Josephus

Actually, I heard about this from an archaeologist at work several years ago. As you said, they were older civilizations that were over taken by other societies (tribes), the latest being the Haudenosaune (aka. The Iroquois)... at least until Europeans came along. From what the archaeologist said, we know very little about those earlier societies.
Bingo. I learned most of this from Rich T. on here. I appreciate him educating me on this information about the history of North America.

#1437211 --- 02/20/14 09:48 AM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: kyle585]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Or conversely you could have quickly browsed one of thousands of laymen's science resources (public news outlets for example) and you would have obtained the same knowledge and more, several years ago. grin

In what possible way does any of that have any relevance to current events?

#1437224 --- 02/20/14 10:52 AM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Or conversely you could have quickly browsed one of thousands of laymen's science resources (public news outlets for example) and you would have obtained the same knowledge and more, several years ago. grin

Huh? It has total relevance. It shows that any current Indians got their land be stealing it from earlier tribes. Therefore if want they to live with the current owners, they should be glad we want to accept them as equal citizens and obey all our laws.

#1437226 --- 02/20/14 11:15 AM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: kyle585]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Huh? It has total relevance. It shows that any current Indians got their land be stealing it from earlier tribes. Therefore if want they to live with the current owners, they should be glad we want to accept them as equal citizens and obey all our laws.

It "shows" nothing of the kind. Show me ANY such proof. All you have to go on is vast "speculation". A definition that you seem completely incapable of processing.

You're jumping straight from A directly to Z, with absolutely no idea of what lay between them.

You're engaging in a Rorschach Test of your own design.

Even if your "theory" were 100% accurate, that in no way justifies the genocidal land grab by European settlers and the US Government. By your logic, if China were to successfully invade the continental US and kill or displace 99% of current US inhabitants, then that's just the way the cookie crumbles, and whoever survives should be grateful to eat sh*t. Is that about right? Because that's PRECISELY what you're describing.

#1437257 --- 02/20/14 03:04 PM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Or conversely you could have quickly browsed one of thousands of laymen's science resources (public news outlets for example) and you would have obtained the same knowledge and more, several years ago.

It "shows" nothing of the kind. Show me ANY such proof. All you have to go on is vast "speculation". A definition that you seem completely incapable of processing.
What? You just said it did! Wow.

#1437258 --- 02/20/14 03:09 PM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

By your logic, if China were to successfully invade the continental US and kill or displace 99% of current US inhabitants, then that's just the way the cookie crumbles, and whoever survives should be grateful to eat sh*t. Is that about right? Because that's PRECISELY what you're describing.
No you are wrong. If China killed 99% of the Americans they obviously would now rule America. If China accepted the 1% left as equal citizens of the new nation, the 1% would be wise to accept. To think the 1% left would then demand that they don't have to pay the same taxes that all other citizens pay because they were here first is laughable. That is where the Native Americans are now at. Unbelievable in their demands..

Edited by kyle585 (02/20/14 03:33 PM)

#1437261 --- 02/20/14 03:36 PM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Even if your "theory" were 100% accurate, that in no way justifies the genocidal land grab by European settlers and the US Government.
Ok so what do we do 200+ years later to correct the situation? I have heard no suggestion from you. I ask if we should all leave and you refuse to answer that question. I hear no suggested solution coming from you at all.

#1437262 --- 02/20/14 04:13 PM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: kyle585]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

By your logic, if China were to successfully invade the continental US and kill or displace 99% of current US inhabitants, then that's just the way the cookie crumbles, and whoever survives should be grateful to eat sh*t. Is that about right? Because that's PRECISELY what you're describing.
No you are wrong. If China killed 99% of the Americans they obviously would now rule America. If China accepted the 1% left as equal citizens of the new nation, the 1% would be wise to accept. To think the 1% left would then demand that they don't have to pay the same taxes that all other citizens pay because they were here first is laughable. That is where the Native Americans are now at. Unbelievable in their demands..

The only "unbelievable" notion that I see would be to (more or less) slaughter an entire race of people and expect them to feel ANY obligation at all to their conquerers.

#1437263 --- 02/20/14 04:22 PM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Even if your "theory" were 100% accurate, that in no way justifies the genocidal land grab by European settlers and the US Government.
Ok so what do we do 200+ years later to correct the situation? I have heard no suggestion from you. I ask if we should all leave and you refuse to answer that question. I hear no suggested solution coming from you at all.
What I find "unbelievable" is that you have no suggested solution 200+ years later.

#1437264 --- 02/20/14 04:23 PM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: kyle585]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

You ask "what do we do?" about something that YOU have determined is a problem.

I see no problem at all. To the best of my knowledge, no one is demanding the continent be returned or for all "non-native Americans" to leave, though who in their right mind could blame them? YOU'RE the one making those ludicrous suppositions. No one else is.

Leave them alone, if you don't like their policies, politics, taxes, liberties and so on, then get off their land just as you would if you didn't like the laws, rules and rights of Texas or California. There's no correction needed.

What's so difficult to understand about that?

#1437265 --- 02/20/14 04:26 PM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Leave them alone, if you don't like their policies, politics, taxes, liberties and so on, then get off their land just as you would if you didn't like the laws and rights of Texas or California. There's no correction needed.

What's so difficult to understand about that?
Define their land. They can buy up a formerly tax paying gas station and now sell gas and cigs there without collecting taxes? Is that their land? They can buy 50+ parcels of land in Seneca County and not pay taxes on it where property taxes were paid before. Is that their land?

They declare themselves a sovereign nation. What are the boundaries of this sovereign nation?

Edited by kyle585 (02/20/14 04:33 PM)

#1437266 --- 02/20/14 04:32 PM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: kyle585]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

As far as I'm concerned, yes. It is absolutely is.

If the "Federal" government wants to levy taxes against non-Indian corporations, it should be done at the corporate level and not from the Indians. It's simple. The Indians have every right to become as entrepreneurial as they choose, free from any additional annoyances or interference from anyone.

The US government declared them a sovereign nation. So, I ask you... what are those boundaries?

#1437267 --- 02/20/14 04:35 PM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

If the "Federal" government wants to levy taxes against non-Indian corporations, it should be done at the corporate level and not from the Indians. It's simple. The Indians have every right to become as entrepreneurial as they choose, free from any additional annoyances from anyone.

The US government declared them a sovereign nation. So, I ask you... what are those boundaries?
What is? Whatever land they buy is now part of their sovereign nation? I see a lot of loopholes in whatever you are trying to say.

#1437269 --- 02/20/14 04:37 PM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

If the "Federal" government wants to levy taxes against non-Indian corporations, it should be done at the corporate level and not from the Indians. It's simple. The Indians have every right to become as entrepreneurial as they choose, free from any additional annoyances from anyone.

They never declared them a sovereign nation in any part of New York state and certainly not in Seneca County!

#1437271 --- 02/20/14 04:39 PM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

If the "Federal" government wants to levy taxes against non-Indian corporations, it should be done at the corporate level and not from the Indians. It's simple.
So it is an unlevel playing field with the non-Indians paying taxes and competing with the Indians not paying taxes? You think that will work in a free-enterprise system?

#1437272 --- 02/20/14 04:39 PM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: kyle585]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

What is? Whatever land they buy is now part of their sovereign nation? I see a lot of loopholes in whatever you are trying to say.

As I've said repeatedly. It's a complicated issue. But you weren't willing to accept that statement.

And as long as you resist putting words in my mouth and making gratuitous character attacks, I'll continue to respectfully answer any of your question (as is convenient for ME). Got it?

Page 59 of 110 < 1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 109 110 >