Loc: N.Y.

FingerLakes1.com
#1436499 --- 02/13/14 07:56 PM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Originally Posted By: Timbo
Fell through the cracks, did you? wink
Majored in American history - the greatest nation in the history of the world created on a virtually empty continent. whistle

#1436513 --- 02/14/14 01:50 AM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: SportsRef1]
teedoff27 Offline

Loc: S2Hphoto
Originally Posted By: SportsRef1
Originally Posted By: teedoff27
Their last land claim was denied and to my knowledge the Onondagas have no current open claims.

Also I highly doubt they would ever be able to take over entire City of Syracuse.

Interesting thought, though. wink

I'm sure they couldn't run it any worse than the Dems do........

AMEN! *The pantsuit brigade* Stephanie Miner and Joannie Mahoney are a JOKE. I have $50 that says they come out as lesbian lovers as soon as Grandpa Warbucks (Steph's 70+ year old husband) kicks the bucket.

#1436547 --- 02/14/14 07:59 AM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: bluezone]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA
How about the fact that virtual every plains indian tribe/nation was removed from the interior. White man killed by the tens of thousands, native americans by rifle

Try several hundred hours.

so how many more hours of 'volunteering' do you need to do before you have 'compensated' for all your killing?

tens of thousands or more?

#1436554 --- 02/14/14 08:27 AM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: Timbo]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: Rich_Tallcot
Originally Posted By: kyle585
My answers:
About whether people in this country who are not Native Americans should leave.

No.
Here is the one word answer that Timbo said never happened.

Quit lying.

He followed up with paragraphs of additional explanations and alleged justifications, a fact that I've already made perfectly clear on the thread that it actually belongs on.

I think you're starting to channel SportsRef and sands, now.

What an @ss.
Yes Timbo the ONE WORD answer DID happen. My second post explanation touched on what could be the result of such happening. Such hypothesis is not required for a one word answer. So your M.O. of false accusations followed by name calling continue to hold true.

What got Connie concerned was when it was proposed at the court house in Syracuse that agreements could be made to change everyone's deed at the court house and the tribe could then charge us rent instead of paying property taxes. But the State had already passed a law requiring all non tribal residents on reservations to pay property taxes. So a transitional migration resulting in ethnic cleansing would likely transpire. But even though the tribe sued for eviction in their land claim, their need for non tribals to support them, be it through taxes or business support, is evident. They would not want everyone to leave. Hopefully they do not expect Timbo to support them. His location is CNY, which could be anywhere. Typical of his noncommittal answers.

Such an obscuration is evident in the Turning Stone which primarily employs non tribals and whose customers are primarily non tribals and yet they claim tribal sovereign immunity from lawsuit although the only thing tribal about it is the ownership in name.

Post # 1435066 02/03/14 11:30
My answers:
About whether people in this country who are not Native Americans should leave.

No.

Post 1435126 - 02/04/14 01:36 PM
Here is another Timbo cherry "2) People should also keep in mind that providing single word answers to exceptionally byzantine problems is always easy when you abandon any thoughtful considerations."

Obviously a yes or no answer to all non-NA leaving the country must be an exceptionally byzantine problem. It does have it's qualifiers because that would leave all the NA who are not tribal members at the mercy of the tribes and even a majority of the tribes would have to leave because they do not maintain 50% blood quantum and are more non-NA than A. Although Timbo maintains the Jim Crow law standard of one drop makes them an NA. His argument of the Jim Crow laws not applying because they applied to African Americans is another qualifier to justify his using the same standard.

And there are also issues of those remaining no longer getting government handouts as there would be no taxpayers and not being able to defend the territory they claimed. If China were to invade I doubt there would be any NA tribes left to complain. But at least Timbo's racist comments about the Europeans would be diminished. That is why I said NO without elaborating why. I guess that is too much for Timbo to handle.

the soldiers who fought and gave their lives would need to be 'compensated' along with their families

timbos got a lot of 'volunteering' to do...

#1436555 --- 02/14/14 08:34 AM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: Teonan]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: Teonan

In that respect I agree with Timbo that it is not just in the past.

I could not agree more with Timbo's comment and your assessment; "...it is not just in the past."

Indigenous resistance the to gatekeepers of what is termed a ' prison-house of nations' -- an internationally recognized human right.

teonan - how is that free healthcare workin for ya?

and what 'treaty' was that a part of?

#1436633 --- 02/15/14 01:01 PM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: kyle585]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Fell through the cracks, did you? wink
Majored in American history - the greatest nation in the history of the world created on a virtually empty continent. whistle

That comment illustrates the severe drawbacks of limiting your historical knowledge to only one nation.

1 down, 194 more to go.

#1436712 --- 02/16/14 02:07 PM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

I have posted a lot on here in the last couple of weeks on here about the Indian situation. I have come to the following conclusion: We can debate it on here as long as FL1 is in existence and we will have not changed one persons mind on this debacle.

Suppose we could take a poll of all Americans and ask the following question; Should American Indians the pay the same taxes as all other Americans citizens?

I think the results would be as follows:

Of course they should - 80%
You mean they don’t pay the same now? - 10%
No, they were here first - 9%
I have at least one drop of Indian blood in me and I am laughing all the way to the bank - 1%

Despite the poll results the Indian leaders have enough ill-gotten gains to hire the best lawyers and tie this up in court forever. A child born in 2014 will likely still be fighting this battle in the year 2100. So sad indeed.

#1436757 --- 02/17/14 02:40 AM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: bluezone]
teedoff27 Offline

Quote:
the Indian leaders have enough ill-gotten gains to hire the best lawyers and tie this up in court forever.

Ever thought it might not be tied up in court forever if Seneca County didn't use their Senator's law firm to do the fighting for them. WHY settle the argument when he is getting PAID from both sides of the fight! Before long he will be retired out of state with NYS health benefits and NYS retirement $$ and STILL making a killing from the law firm too!!!

#1436758 --- 02/17/14 02:41 AM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: bluezone]
teedoff27 Offline

Quote:
the Indian leaders have enough ill-gotten gains to hire the best lawyers and tie this up in court forever.

Ever thought it might not be tied up in court forever if Seneca County didn't use their Senator's law firm to do the fighting for them. WHY settle the argument when he is getting PAID from both sides of the fight! Before long he will be retired out of state with NYS health benefits and NYS retirement $$ and STILL making a killing from the law firm too and laughing all the way to the bank!!!

Better yet.... have Seneca County learn to COMPROMISE!!! Their *all or nothing* attitude has gotten them NOWHERE but wasting millions of county taxpayer dollars!

Prince Andrew KNEW he couldn't beat them, so instead of wasting YEARS and MILLIONS, he compromised and ended up with a win/win situation for everyone involved!

#1436759 --- 02/17/14 05:16 AM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: teedoff27]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Quote:
Ever thought it might not be tied up in court forever if Seneca County didn't use their Senator's law firm to do the fighting for them.
This is a nationwide problem, not just in the Finger Lakes.

#1436760 --- 02/17/14 05:19 AM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: teedoff27]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Prince Andrew KNEW he couldn't beat them, so instead of wasting YEARS and MILLIONS, he compromised and ended up with a win/win situation for everyone involved!
I think the odds of this being a win/win for all are nonexistent.

#1436763 --- 02/17/14 06:45 AM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: kyle585]
SportsRef1 Offline

Loc: Seneca County

based on what facts Kyle?.........

#1436765 --- 02/17/14 07:21 AM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: teedoff27]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Better yet.... have Seneca County learn to COMPROMISE!!!

have you asked for your money back for your home purchase?

what did the sellers tell you?

#1436995 --- 02/18/14 03:54 PM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: teedoff27]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Sometimes it is what you don't know that can hurt you. Central New York Fair Business is hosting Sunday February 23rd, at the VFW Post, Franklin Avenue, Clinton from 2 to 4 P.M. a presentation to answer your questions about the most recent settlement agreement between the Oneida Nation, Gov. Cuomo, the State and County legislatures and how it will affect you and your community. Every community in Oneida County will be affected by this proposed settlement! Are you aware of the pending lawsuits still in effect, the new ones filed and how those already won that would be reversed will affect your property, your civil rights, and your taxes? Do you understand what trust land (federal territory) will mean to you? Do you understand the tax structure and the money issues of the settlement? If you need answers to these or any other questions take the time to join in on Sunday. All area residents in all communities are encouraged to attend. We are asking each of you to attend and find out what your legislators voted for and what you can do to help fight this.

#1437046 --- 02/19/14 02:47 AM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: kyle585]
teedoff27 Offline

Quote:
Ever thought it might not be tied up in court forever if Seneca County didn't use their Senator's law firm to do the fighting for them.
This is a nationwide problem, not just in the Finger Lakes.

Nationwide problem???? States whose taxes aren't astronomical have no problems with Natives stealing their business. In North Carolina I haven't seen any Native Smoke Shops.....Why travel and waste gas to buy a carton of smokes from the Indians for $30 when you can purchase it at ANY store within feet of your dwelling for $34.50 INCLUDING grocery stores??!!??!!

#1437047 --- 02/19/14 02:58 AM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: kyle585]
teedoff27 Offline

With the Liquor License Prince Andrew gave them they now pay tax on ALL food and beverage purchases, and prior to the newer deal with the Onieda's, NYS did not receive a cent of the Oneida's revenue from gambling, cigs, or gas. Now with the deal they are going to give NYS $50 million/year in revenue as well as raise the price of their cigarettes and gasoline to *level the playing field* and not steal business from tax paying businesses . So HOW is that not a win/ win??

So do you want to go back to the old way where NYS doesn't see a CENT and they allow people to bring their own alcohol and drink for free, NYS lose all the revenue from food and beverage purchases, and they continue to sell cheap smokes and gas to steal business away....and as you say "put tax paying businesses out of business"??

Like I have said before ....your "ALL OR NOTHING" attitude DOES NOT WORK!!!! You are still waiting for 1.2 million in property tax from the Cayugas.....How's that working for ya??? How many more MILLIONS of taxpayer dollars are you going to give to Mikey BOZZOllio and his law firm before you realize it will NEVER happen!!! Spend MILLIONS and MILLIONS to try to recoup 1.2 million.....BRILLIANT!

#1437077 --- 02/19/14 09:02 AM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: teedoff27]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

In North Carolina I haven't seen any Native Smoke Shops

is that why you have not moved to nc?

#1437078 --- 02/19/14 09:06 AM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: Timbo]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

The History Channel says earth is about 13 to 15 billion years old. That's good enough for me.

Where does the History Channel "say" THAT?

As usual, you are WRONG. The Big Bang occurred approximately 13.798 ± 0.037 billion years ago. The age of the Earth is roughly 4.54 billion years.

It's nice to see that you're just as confused about scientific facts as always. crazy

is that why they found bones in north america prior to the 'tribes' migrating here?

#1437093 --- 02/19/14 09:41 AM Re: $150 BILLION Owed NY by Tribes [Re: bluezone]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Originally Posted By: bluezone
The History Channel says earth is about 13 to 15 billion years old. That's good enough for me.
Where does the History Channel "say" THAT?

As usual, you are WRONG. The Big Bang occurred approximately 13.798 ± 0.037 billion years ago. The age of the Earth is roughly 4.54 billion years.

It's nice to see that you're just as confused about scientific facts as always. crazy
is that why they found bones in north america prior to the 'tribes' migrating here?

That comment is idiotic on sooooo many levels.

Page 58 of 110 < 1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 109 110 >