FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1432734 --- 01/15/14 07:49 PM Any good fishing reports?
young guns Offline

Loc: USA
seeing we spent almost all day Sunday looking for bait which was a waste of time. No bait no fish and wasted gas.
Love Pike, Browns, Lakers. hell anything that will bite.
Fresh fish is the best> 2nd would be Connie's on a Friday night.

FingerLakes1.com
#1432737 --- 01/15/14 08:12 PM Re: Any good fishing reports? [Re: young guns]
Frisco kid Offline

Loc: Constantia NY
All you have to do is PM me. I have a friend who lives on Sodus Bay, one who lives by Braddocks Bay, one on Conesus lake, one on Honeoye lake, one on Seneca Lake, one down right by Hemlock and Canadice, one on Black Lake, one up in Clayton in the 1000 islands. And of course me here on Oneida Lake.We share info almost daily.

Walleye action has been hot here the last few days but getting out on the ice has become difficult. Plenty of ice out on the lake but with the recent warmer days the shoreline ice has pretty much all melted leaving an area of open water between the shore and the ice mass.

Seeing as how you live in Seneca Falls I would suggest waiting it out to get cold again for safer ice. Or hit Seneca on the East side down around Lodi. Jigs tipped with small minnow heads are working well for perch. Tip your jig with a minnow then tear off the body this works much better than leaving the whole minnow on. The minnows eyes are the attractant. Some Northerns being taken around Sampson with big shiners outside the weedlines.

Bait is sometimes hard now you can't take it from one lake to another (legally). I really don't know a shop close to you anymore unless bass pro in the mall sells it.

#1432815 --- 01/16/14 01:43 PM Re: Any good fishing reports? [Re: young guns]
young guns Offline

Sorry no boats in water or never on ice for me it's to frigging cold. I like the Marinas at Seneca Lake right off the walls.
Suburban running with heater on full blast, warm feet,hot coffee.

#1432954 --- 01/17/14 10:57 AM Re: Any good fishing reports? [Re: young guns]
Geedog Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: young guns
Sorry no boats in water or never on ice for me it's to frigging cold. I like the Marinas at Seneca Lake right off the walls.
Suburban running with heater on full blast, warm feet,hot coffee.

Just what I do with the sliding door cracked open.

#1433028 --- 01/17/14 02:42 PM Re: Any good fishing reports? [Re: young guns]
young guns Offline

Ok! warmth, beer, coffee,food and a potty what else does a fisherman need? Forgot widescreen TV to watch the games. Makes for an awesome fishing adventure.

#1433069 --- 01/18/14 12:35 AM Re: Any good fishing reports? [Re: Frisco kid]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Quote:
Tip your jig with a minnow then tear off the body this works much better than leaving the whole minnow on. The minnows eyes are the attractant.

Do you ever just tear out a bunch of eyes, and string them on the hook?

#1433090 --- 01/18/14 10:36 AM Re: Any good fishing reports? [Re: VM Smith]
Frisco kid Offline

Loc: Constantia NY
Yes. I have done that with Perch eyes when I ran out of minnows. Only one eye at a time on the hook because the jigs you use, or should be using are pretty small.