FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1428099 --- 12/07/13 09:43 PM Kunstler's garden, Pt. II
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
I previously posted his article on starting the garden, in 2012. This is about the updates, progress, and results in 2013. He's been a busy and productive guy, particularly considering his health problems. He's got great friends to help, though.

Sigh...I feel pretty good about my garden...until I look at his. Mind you, I still feel...okay, but it sure dampens any urge I might have to brag. \:\)

http://kunstler.com/my-garden/the-garden-second-year-2013/

FingerLakes1.com
#1428129 --- 12/08/13 12:16 PM Re: Kunstler's garden, Pt. II [Re: VM Smith]
young guns Offline

Loc: USA
After viewing the attachment all I can say is wow!!!!
Trying to get Cindy to do a garden. I use lots of mulch,fish,
keeping it all natural as can be. Gardening is a very healthy way to stay occupied.

#1428145 --- 12/08/13 03:53 PM Re: Kunstler's garden, Pt. II [Re: young guns]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
I don't post it to be cruel, and make anyone feel like a slacker gardener. I do it because it's beautiful and inspiring, especially at the time of year when I look out of the window, and everything's dead or dormant. And, cheerful view wise, the difference doesn't matter; dormant can look pretty dead. Although, if I had a choice, I might personally prefer to go dormant.

JK uses a lot of good ideas that could be used as they are, or adapted.

There's probably a link in that to the earlier article, on beginning the garden, in 2012. I found that quite interesting, too.

#1428147 --- 12/08/13 04:02 PM Re: Kunstler's garden, Pt. II [Re: VM Smith]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
If you're ever in Geneva, drive up William Street. About halfway up the first block (heading west) you'll see a house on the south side set far back. They have turned their entire front yard into a garden. It is simply amazing.