FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#1427676 --- 12/02/13 02:23 PM Re: Native Americans sharing with all Americans [Re: Rich_Tallcot]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Quote:
does not count because Timmy says so.

LOL...that's Timmy's definition of "proof". He even uses "shouting" caps, regularly, just to indicate that whatever he says is incontrovertible. Pretty pathetic and lame.

FingerLakes1.com
#1427677 --- 12/02/13 02:25 PM Re: Native Americans sharing with all Americans [Re: SunRunner]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Originally Posted By: SunRunner
VM Can you put aside your feeling? Probably not but we will see.

You will see whatever you wish to see. Everything else will go over your head. It's interesting that you use the Authoritarian/Collectivist "we", but hardly surprising.

#1427682 --- 12/02/13 03:12 PM Re: Native Americans sharing with all Americans [Re: VM Smith]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Originally Posted By: VM Smith
Quote:
does not count because Timmy says so.

LOL...that's Timmy's definition of "proof". He even uses "shouting" caps, regularly, just to indicate that whatever he says is incontrovertible. Pretty pathetic and lame.

Get a grip, Smitty. I use caps to emphasize that which standard print is unable to otherwise convey.

Unlike you, I don't need to indoctrinate, coerce, preach or otherwise intimidate others into seeing things my way. The FACTS are on my side and they speak loudly all by themselves.

#1427697 --- 12/02/13 04:25 PM Re: Native Americans sharing with all Americans [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Originally Posted By: Timbo
The FACTS are on my side and they speak loudly all by themselves.
ROFLMAO. Shaking my head in amazement.

#1427701 --- 12/02/13 04:50 PM Re: Native Americans sharing with all Americans [Re: Timbo]
SunRunner Offline

Loc: Turn around
Get a grip, Smitty. I use caps to emphasize that which standard print is unable to otherwise convey.

Unlike you, I don't need to indoctrinate, coerce, preach or otherwise intimidate others into seeing things my way. The FACTS are on my side and they speak loudly all by themselves.

Great post!!!!! Do not go against the all knowing ones. They are to self absorbed to even know the difference.

Edited by SunRunner (12/02/13 04:51 PM)

#1427704 --- 12/02/13 05:08 PM Re: Native Americans sharing with all Americans [Re: kyle585]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Care to elaborate, or its it now your position to take shots and run without so much as a reference?

I expect that from others on these forum but I've always given you more credit than that. You seem to be picking up some rather "unenlightened" habits lately.

#1427708 --- 12/02/13 06:20 PM Re: Native Americans sharing with all Americans [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Care to elaborate, or its it now your position to take shots and run without so much as a reference?
I have been explaining with facts on many many posts how the Indians not paying their fair share of taxes negatively affects all other taxpayers. I think you are a Johnny come lately on this issue.

#1427711 --- 12/02/13 07:42 PM Re: Native Americans sharing with all Americans [Re: kyle585]
Teonan Offline

Loc: The Annex
Originally Posted By: kyle585
I have been explaining with facts on many many posts how the Indians not paying their fair share of taxes negatively affects all other taxpayers. I think you are a Johnny come lately on this issue.

"Yes, members of the Seneca Nation pay federal income taxes; however individual Senecas who live and work on the Seneca territories do not pay state income tax. Senecas who live and/or work off the territory do pay state income tax, as well as federal tax, and other taxes including property tax, school tax, etc. Native lands are not subject to property tax, just as federal forest service lands are not taxed, since states cannot tax federal lands."
https://www.sni.org/faq/

Technically, states are authorized to tax cigarettes sold on reservations to non-Indians, but they don't have the authority to enter sovereign national territories for tax collection.

New York City Mayor Bloomberg went so far as to urge then-Governor David Paterson to "...get yourself a cowboy hat and a shotgun" to collect cigarette taxes from the Haudenosaunee (Six Nations) and their customers.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bloo...rticle-1.206360

Solidarity with Haudenosaunee people who are asserting the sovereignty of the Six Nations Confederacy!

#1427713 --- 12/02/13 07:46 PM Re: Native Americans sharing with all Americans [Re: Teonan]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Teonan
Technically, states are authorized to tax cigarettes sold on reservations to non-Indians, but they don't have the authority to enter sovereign national territories for tax collection.
Then the authority is worthless.

#1427714 --- 12/02/13 07:48 PM Re: Native Americans sharing with all Americans [Re: Teonan]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

New York City Mayor Bloomberg went so far as to urge then-Governor David Paterson to "...get yourself a cowboy hat and a shotgun" to collect cigarette taxes from the Haudenosaunee (Six Nations) and their customers.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bloo...rticle-1.206360
That shows the extreme level of frustration that exists on this ridiculous issue.

#1427715 --- 12/02/13 07:49 PM Re: Native Americans sharing with all Americans [Re: Teonan]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Are any cigs sold in Seneca or Cayuga county on a reservation? of course not.

#1427717 --- 12/02/13 08:36 PM Re: Native Americans sharing with all Americans [Re: kyle585]
SunRunner Offline

Kyle, why can't you put all your thoughts into one post.? Why post one after the other time and time again? Is it to increase your post count or you can only get one thought out at a time?

When are you gonna update your signature?

Edited by SunRunner (12/02/13 08:37 PM)

#1427730 --- 12/03/13 05:06 AM Re: Native Americans sharing with all Americans [Re: SunRunner]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Kyle, why can't you put all your thoughts into one post.? Why post one after the other time and time again? Is it to increase your post count or you can only get one thought out at a time?
After I post something I later think of another good comment. I don't see the harm in doing it this way. On the other hand, I don't see where you have ever had a useful comment so I guess you are just jealous.
When are you gonna update your signature?
When I see a later figure in the news that these tax cheats continue in not paying their taxes.

#1427731 --- 12/03/13 05:34 AM Re: Native Americans sharing with all Americans [Re: kyle585]
SunRunner Offline

Definitely not jealous. Of what? You? Lmao. That's a good one!!!!!! This is just the beginning.

Why didn't you post a copy of the new article here also?

#1427738 --- 12/03/13 05:50 AM Re: Native Americans sharing with all Americans [Re: SunRunner]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Because it was an action by the Seneca County BOS and this is Cayuga County. Got that?

#1427743 --- 12/03/13 06:03 AM Re: Native Americans sharing with all Americans [Re: kyle585]
SunRunner Offline

All I got from this is that you cannot control yourself. Stop, take a breath and think before you post. Think to yourself, is this helping anyone else or is this just to feed my own desires?

You will probably come to the same conclusion of mine.

#1427749 --- 12/03/13 06:27 AM Re: Native Americans sharing with all Americans [Re: SunRunner]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

All I got from this is that you cannot control yourself. Stop, take a breath and think before you post. Think to yourself, is this helping anyone else or is this just to feed my own desires?
Oh it is helping others for sure. Note the actions now taken by the Seneca County BOS. They listen to their voters by reading actions such as this.

#1427753 --- 12/03/13 06:32 AM Re: Native Americans sharing with all Americans [Re: kyle585]
SunRunner Offline

One post? Maybe its working. Lol. Probably if I gave it more time you would post again. Well I have to go to work now and pay my taxes so you can sit on your a-- all day and surf the web .

Have a good day!!!!!! See you later?

#1427756 --- 12/03/13 07:11 AM Re: Native Americans sharing with all Americans [Re: HeadlessHorseman]
Teonan Offline

Loc: The Annex

Indigenous Canadian anti-fracking protesters refuse to back down

Al Jazeera
by Andrea Schmidt
December 2, 2013

Protesters, led by Mi’kmaq indigenous people, begin a traditional round dance near a New Brunswick highway, Monday, Dec. 2, 2013.Candi Simon/APTN

OTTAWA, Canada – Anti-fracking protesters set tires ablaze on a New Brunswick highway Monday, in a fiery response to a judge’s decision to extend an injunction against them by a Texas-based shale gas exploration company.

In a courtroom in Fredericton, the capital of New Brunswick province, Judge Paulette Garnett ruled to prolong by two weeks the injunction obtained by SWN Resources Canada against the coalition of protesters led by Mi’kmaq indigenous people from the Elsipogtog First Nation. It will remain in effect until Dec. 17.

The injunction, which SWN obtained on Nov. 22, is designed to keep protesters from interfering with SWN’s seismic testing work. It requires that protesters remain 250 yards in front of or behind contractors and their vehicles, and 20 yards to the side.

The Mi’kmaq have argued that SWN is conducting exploration work on land that they never ceded to the Crown when they signed treaties with the British in the 18th Century.

New Brunswick’s government granted SWN licenses to explore for shale gas in 2010, in exchange for investment in the province worth about S47 million.

The protesters fear that exploration will inevitably lead to gas extraction by means of hydraulic fracturing, or fracking – a process by which water and chemicals are injected into shale rock to release gas deposits trapped inside. Opponents say fracking can contaminate the environment, especially water.

SWN has been trying since mid-November to complete the final 10 days of work it says are left in its exploration season. The company has claimed in court documents supporting the injunction application that each day of lost work costs about $54,000, and that vandalism by protesters has resulted in damage to more than 1,000 geophones – pieces of equipment used for seismic testing in conjunction with specialized trucks.

Daily confrontations

But the injunction has not deterred the anti-fracking alliance of indigenous people and members of New Brunswick’s Acadian and anglophone communities – a grouping that has consolidated since Elsipogtog residents began trying to stop SWN’s exploration work last May. Over the past week there have been daily confrontations with police, as protesters – who prefer to be known as protectors of the land and water – have persisted in their efforts to slow the seismic testing operation.

“This isn’t just a native issue,” Edgar Clair of Elsipogtog First Nation told Al Jazeera from the site of the blockade on Route 11. “But the natives want the world to know that this is Mi’kmaq territory, and they won’t back down and they won’t abide by this injunction.”

Earlier Monday afternoon protesters had blocked Route 11 – the latest frontline in this conflict over shale gas exploration – after the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, who decide how and when to enforce the injunction, arrested several people on or near the highway. First-hand testimonies from the blockade site indicated that there were more than a hundred RCMP officers in the area, that some were armed with rubber pellet guns often used for crowd control and that at least one K-9 unit was on hand.

As night descended there were reports that police in riot gear were near the blockade. The RCMP could not immediately be reached for comment.

“Our people are tired, and this is a response to the justice system,” said an Elsipogtog community member who was at the blockade site and asked to go by the name Jane Doe 372, for fear of being targeted by police. The moniker is also a reference to the injunction that names five individuals, and a John and Jane Doe. “We’re tired of not being taken seriously, and that the treaties we agreed to are not being taken seriously.”

Dancing around burning tires

As the sun set and round dances were held around the burning tires at the blockade, drumming and singing could be heard in live video streams broadcast from the site.

SWN’s original application for injunction was supported by the government of the province of New Brunswick. In an affidavit accompanying the filing, Bill Breckenridge of the Department of Energy and Mines maintained that the company “is engaged in lawful exploration activity along New Brunswick Route 11, a designated highway under the administration and control of the province.”

This is not the first injunction to be defied by members of the Mi’kmaq-led coalition of anti-fracking protesters.

At the beginning of October, SWN Resources Canada obtained an injunction against occupants of an encampment of protesters blocking a lot on which the company had parked seismic testing trucks. The camp had effectively trapped the equipment.

On Oct. 17 – a day before it was due to expire – the RCMP enforced the injunction. Dozens of officers entered the camp with automatic rifles, dogs and beanbag pellet guns. As the day progressed, RCMP pepper-sprayed elders and women from Elsipogtog. Six RCMP vehicles were torched, and some 40 people were arrested.

Non-native support growing

Across Canada on Monday, solidarity actions unfolded in support of Elsipogtog. Protesters set up a temporary blockade at Vancouver’s port, and rallied in the western city of Victoria. There were banner drops in Toronto, where a group of protesters also photo-bombed an interview appearance by Canada’s Prime Minister Stephen Harper at a local news station. A small rally was held on Parliament Hill in Ottawa, the nation’s capital. And in Montreal, a solidarity blockade stopped traffic at an intersection until an angry motorist turned violent and ran his car into a protester.

“The call has been heard across Canada,” said Dave Goodswimmer, who traveled to New Brunswick with a small caravan of supporters from British Columbia more than a month ago. “We’re not going anywhere,” he told Al Jazeera by phone, adding that more people were expected to join the blockade as the night progressed.

“Non-native support is growing and growing,” Clair of Elsipogtog said. “It’s becoming a bigger issue than a single corporation coming to bully us around. It’s becoming a small revolution – Canada’s going to change after this.”

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/20...nwithblock.html

#1427765 --- 12/03/13 09:39 AM Re: Native Americans sharing with all Americans [Re: kyle585]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: kyle585
Because it was an action by the Seneca County BOS and this is Cayuga County. Got that?

I thought forum rules specified a limit of one thread per topic.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >