FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1425830 --- 11/13/13 11:27 AM Utility cost
grinch Offline

Loc: New York State
I decided to delete my post. What works for some apparently will not work for others. In my situation what I outlined will save on utility cost for us, that is not necessarily true for others.

Edited by grinch (11/13/13 02:46 PM)

FingerLakes1.com
#1425835 --- 11/13/13 01:26 PM Re: Utility cost [Re: grinch]
Frisco kid Offline

Loc: Constantia NY
No matter which "provider" you choose New York State has the second highest cost for electricity in the Nation, right off the top. There is no secret in this God forsaken State to save any money you can't. I know people who have switched to "alternate" plans such as you mention. Lots of them around now. I truthfully don't know anyone who, after at least 3 months is happy with changing things around.

#1425890 --- 11/14/13 03:20 AM Re: Utility cost [Re: Frisco kid]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
We saved money on electricity and gas by switching to an ESCO.

#1426208 --- 11/17/13 09:06 PM Re: Utility cost [Re: Frisco kid]
young guns Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Frisco kid
No matter which "provider" you choose New York State has the second highest cost for electricity in the Nation, right off the top. There is no secret in this God forsaken State to save any money you can't. I know people who have switched to "alternate" plans such as you mention. Lots of them around now. I truthfully don't know anyone who, after at least 3 months is happy with changing things around.

You may save in one way but in the end it also might cost more when all things at up. It did for our neighbor they saved one way then lost in the other utility big time.