FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1425125 --- 11/07/13 03:26 PM I pledge
Spanky Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls NY Seneca
At school in Fl. a teacher asked all of her students to place their hands over their hearts and recite the Pledge Of Allegiance.One student refused as he was a Jehovah's Witness.She then placed the boys hand over his heart and told him to recite along with the rest of the class. Teacher said" if you can't put your hand over your heart, you don't belong in this country" Teacher was supended for her actions.I say, "next time they come knocking on your door, ask them to recite the Pledge Of Allegiance".

FingerLakes1.com
#1425146 --- 11/07/13 07:13 PM Re: I pledge [Re: Spanky]
Silent No Longer Offline

Loc: NY
Who cares? If a student wants to recite the pledge, let them. If they don't, they shouldn't have to. No one has any right to place their hands on a child and force them to recite the pledge. What have you done for this country lately?

Edited by Silent No Longer (11/07/13 07:14 PM)

#1425148 --- 11/07/13 07:20 PM Re: I pledge [Re: Silent No Longer]
RigaMortis Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
The student has every right to not recite the pledge of allegiance, the teacher is wrong in every way and deserves to be suspended. Most of the time intolerance means ignorance.

#1425171 --- 11/07/13 11:02 PM Re: I pledge [Re: RigaMortis]
Silent No Longer Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: RigaMortis
The student has every right to not recite the pledge of allegiance, the teacher is wrong in every way and deserves to be suspended. Most of the time intolerance means ignorance.

Truth.

#1425177 --- 11/08/13 04:48 AM Re: I pledge [Re: Silent No Longer]
mikey Offline

Loc: Rochester NY
Soon freedom of speech will be the next to fall to the ideologues on the left and right.

People we are in a lot of trouble. While I would recite the Pledge out of respect for those who served our country for me to be free, I would be silent at the part about under God.

#1425446 --- 11/09/13 11:43 PM Re: I pledge [Re: RigaMortis]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Originally Posted By: RigaMortis

Correct. If someone wants to pledge to something, fine, but no one should be forced, by people acting as agents of the a government, and partly funded by the national government, to pledge a loyalty oath to die nation...that goes against everything America is supposed to be about.

#1425550 --- 11/10/13 06:42 PM Re: I pledge [Re: VM Smith]
young guns Offline

Loc: USA
When in Rome do as the Roman's do.