FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1422631 - 10/18/13 10:41 PM Hannity "Obamacare" Claims Fact-Checked... HARD!
Timbo Offline

Loc: CNY

Sean Hannity has been fact-checked, and the results aren't pretty.

"In an article posted on Salon on Friday, Eric Stern 're-reported' a recent episode of Fox News' 'Hannity' during which host Sean Hannity invited six guests to tell their Obamacare "horror stories."

According to Stern, there was a lot more to each of the guests' stories than Hannity led on. Stern decided to conduct his own investigation by separately interviewing each guest, and what he said he found was not that the guests were cheated by Obamacare, but rather that they had tried very little, if at all, to participate in the ACA."

Full Article:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/18/sean-hannity-fact-checked-obamacare_n_4124699.html

FingerLakes1.com
#1422653 - 10/19/13 09:41 AM Re: Hannity "Obamacare" Claims Fact-Checked... HARD! [Re: Timbo]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
I have a nephew with 2 children who makes just under 30K a year. His wife makes half of that. He is complaining that he now has to pay $90 a month for insurance; he had none before. I asked him what did he do when he had his appendix out a few years ago. He said he pays them a little bit any time he can. (Do you see the problem yet?). Oh, and he and his wife both have smart phones which I would guess cost a bit more than $90 a month. Oh, and they have cable with all of the extras too. Oh, and their cars are newer than mine. I could go on, but I won't. People need to step up and take responsibility for themselves and their families. Hopefully, this will be a start.
ITT/Gould's requires their employees to purchase health insurance. They also pay enough so people don't have to choose between health care and groceries. If only all large corporations operated like that. Employers need to step up and stop being so greedy so the workers of to country can at least have health, home, and nutrition out of their day's labor.

#1422660 - 10/19/13 10:01 AM Re: Hannity "Obamacare" Claims Fact-Checked... HARD! [Re: twocats]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Originally Posted By: twocats
People need to step up and take responsibility for . themselves and their families.
As a fellow Democrat, I thank you for your comment. Republicans think they are the only people that think this way.

#1422662 - 10/19/13 10:21 AM Re: Hannity "Obamacare" Claims Fact-Checked... HARD! [Re: kyle585]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: kyle585
People need to step up and take responsibility for . themselves and their families.
As a fellow Democrat, I thank you for your comment. Republicans think they are the only people that think this way.

I know that all kinds of people think that, just like I know that there are southern gun loving Liberals.

PS. Im not a Democrat, haven't been in many many years.

#1422664 - 10/19/13 10:48 AM Re: Hannity "Obamacare" Claims Fact-Checked... HARD! [Re: twocats]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Oops Sorry for the assumption. I doubt if you are u are a registered Republican?

#1422670 - 10/19/13 12:22 PM Re: Hannity "Obamacare" Claims Fact-Checked... HARD! [Re: kyle585]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Oops Sorry for the assumption. I doubt if you are u are a registered Republican?

Independent all the way.

#1422720 - 10/20/13 12:25 AM Re: Hannity "Obamacare" Claims Fact-Checked... HARD! [Re: twocats]
Timbo Offline

I know that all kinds of people think that, just like I know that there are southern gun loving Liberals.

And quite a few Northern ones as well.

#1422747 - 10/20/13 10:21 AM Re: Hannity "Obamacare" Claims Fact-Checked... HARD! [Re: Timbo]
Greymane Offline

Loc: Central PA
Just heard on CBS news that 17 million people have visited the Healthcare.gov website, but only 20,000 have enrolled (and some of that 20,000 is actually duplicates because people enrolled, then unenrolled, then re-enrolled, because of problems with the system).

Another fine example of government's ability to run an efficient program.

#1422765 - 10/20/13 02:40 PM Re: Hannity "Obamacare" Claims Fact-Checked... HARD! [Re: Greymane]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: Greymane
Just heard on CBS news that 17 million people have visited the Healthcare.gov website, but only 20,000 have enrolled (and some of that 20,000 is actually duplicates because people enrolled, then unenrolled, then re-enrolled, because of problems with the system).

Then you heard wrong. The number is around one half million as of a few days ago.

There's another fine example of conservatives willingness to say anything they want in order to take down a Black, Democratic President, regardless of the fact that what they're saying is total BS.

From CBS News' own website:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-5760...macare-wh-says/

#1422842 - 10/21/13 09:12 AM Re: Hannity "Obamacare" Claims Fact-Checked... HARD! [Re: Timbo]
SportsRef1 Offline

Loc: Seneca County
Originally Posted By: Timbo

Then you heard wrong. The number is around one half million as of a few days ago.

There's another fine example of conservatives willingness to say anything they want in order to take down a Black, Democratic President, regardless of the fact that what they're saying is total BS.

well I doubt your numbers are right either Timmy....last time I looked King Barry has not released any numbers yet.........

"There's another fine example of conservatives willingness to say anything they want in order to take down a Black, Democratic President, regardless of the fact that what they're saying is total BS."

LOL!............folks I think we have a celebrity on our forums.....those words are always uttered by one of Americas most racist persons......huh Rev. Al!

#1422926 - 10/21/13 05:23 PM Re: Hannity "Obamacare" Claims Fact-Checked... HARD! [Re: Timbo]
sands Offline

Loc: NY

"Administration officials say more than 476,000 health insurance applications have been filed through federal and state exchanges. The figures mark the most detailed measure yet of the problem-plagued rollout of the insurance market place.

However, the officials continue to refuse to say how many people have actually enrolled in the insurance markets.
"

There's another fine example of Liberals willingness to say anything they want in order to take down the truth, regardless of the fact that what they're saying is total BS.

Or maybe some people just can't read the article THEY posted \:D \:D \:D

#1422939 - 10/21/13 06:30 PM Re: Hannity "Obamacare" Claims Fact-Checked... HARD! [Re: Timbo]
Greymane Offline

Loc: Central PA

It is certainly possible that it was REPORTED wrong, but I assure you, I did not HEAR it wrong.

#1422941 - 10/21/13 06:47 PM Re: Hannity "Obamacare" Claims Fact-Checked... HARD! [Re: Greymane]
sands Offline

It is certainly possible that it was REPORTED wrong, but I assure you, I did not HEAR it wrong.

You are not wrong. Some people can't read. See my post above. You clearly spoke about the number of people ENROLLED. Some brain dead Liberal hack tried to use the number of APPLICATIONS.

Brain dead Liberal hack in 3,2,1

#1422952 - 10/21/13 07:26 PM Re: Hannity "Obamacare" Claims Fact-Checked... HARD! [Re: sands]
Timbo Offline

Riiight, because TONS of people apply when they have no intention of registering.

Why the h3ll do you think they APPLIED ???

#1422953 - 10/21/13 07:28 PM Re: Hannity "Obamacare" Claims Fact-Checked... HARD! [Re: Greymane]
Timbo Offline

You're full of s[p]it, otherwise you wouldn't have bothered with the caustic little editorial at the end of your post.

#1422954 - 10/21/13 07:28 PM Re: Hannity "Obamacare" Claims Fact-Checked... HARD! [Re: Greymane]
Timbo Offline

Your full of s[p]it, otherwise you wouldn't have bothered with the caustic little editorial at the end of your post. If you post it, you own it.

#1422960 - 10/21/13 07:45 PM Re: Hannity "Obamacare" Claims Fact-Checked... HARD! [Re: Timbo]
sands Offline

Your You're full of s[p]it,

#1422965 - 10/21/13 07:55 PM Re: Hannity "Obamacare" Claims Fact-Checked... HARD! [Re: Timbo]
sands Offline

Riiight, because TONS of people apply when they have no intention of registering.

Their intentions are not the issue.

Greymane clearly stated, "only 20,000 have enrolled".

You incorrectly stated, "The number is around one half million as of a few days ago."

As proof, you posted a article which clearly states, "Administration officials say more than 476,000 health insurance applications have been filed... officials continue to refuse to say how many people have actually enrolled in the insurance markets."

#1422992 - 10/22/13 12:55 AM Re: Hannity "Obamacare" Claims Fact-Checked... HARD! [Re: SportsRef1]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: SportsRef1
[quote=Timbo]well I doubt your numbers are right either Timmy....last time I looked King Barry has not released any numbers yet.........

No doubt a result of making the same mistake as Greymane by NOT seeking out readily available information. But then again, you do have a certain proclivity for speaking before familiarizing yourself with the facts. So, no surprise there.

#1422993 - 10/22/13 01:02 AM Re: Hannity "Obamacare" Claims Fact-Checked... HARD! [Re: sands]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: sands
Your You're full of s[p]it,

Thanks for the "sp". Enjoy your mindless victories where you can get 'em. Victories are so very rare for you... especially lately.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >