FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1420714 - 10/07/13 09:23 AM Now you did it!!
Samuel Offline

Loc: Potter, NY
C'mon folks! You got my DA thread locked up. Play fair. Post truthful information!!

FingerLakes1.com
#1420719 - 10/07/13 10:29 AM Re: Now you did it!! [Re: Samuel]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
Yep Samuel, "Liverlips" continues his mission to smear someone's reputation. Here is a District Attorney related fact.

What do the following people have in common?

Daniel Taylor (RIP)
Patrick Falvey
Diane Lovejoy
Donald Schneider
Dave Mashewske (acting)
Susan Lindenmuth

If I have not forgotten anyone they were all part time District Attorney's for Yates County dating back to the early 70's. Susan was our first full time D.A. after serving part time in that position. As part of their duties they all handled Penn Yan Village Court as prosecutors. Village court historically has the busiest docket in the county.

Jason Cook, current full time D.A. stands out from the prosecutors who served for forty plus years before him. He DOES NOT handle Village court. He has assigned one of his assistants to handle it.

I understand that he does appear in Jerusalem town court one night a month. He has advised that court there will not be representation from his office there the other three nights a month that they hold court.

Really!! someone please correct me if I am wrong.

#1420812 - 10/07/13 07:37 PM Re: Now you did it!! [Re: Mean Gene]
py.eternal.cynic Offline

Loc: inside looking out
While I love reading the banter back and forth, one thing is clearly left out. There are exactly two people who know exactly what happened, was said, and was done that day. One is a lawyer, successful prosecutor in Yates and Seneca counties, and by all accounts a nice guy. The other? Let's hear the whole story? Why not ask the guy that arranged this whole thing.

#1420883 - 10/08/13 07:38 AM Re: Now you did it!! [Re: py.eternal.cynic]
Samuel Offline

Loc: Potter, NY
Originally Posted By: py.eternal.cynic
While I love reading the banter back and forth, one thing is clearly left out. There are exactly two people who know exactly what happened, was said, and was done that day. One is a lawyer, successful prosecutor in Yates and Seneca counties, and by all accounts a nice guy. The other? Let's hear the whole story? Why not ask the guy that arranged this whole thing.

Let's not! Let's get back to the topic of Valerie Gardner vs. Jason Cook in the Yates County DA's race. Leave the pin action dirt out of it. Sign your name to what you post about people or keep your mouth shut.

#1420885 - 10/08/13 08:39 AM Re: Now you did it!! [Re: Samuel]
Joe Friday Offline

Loc: joefriday100.blogspot.com
I wonder if anyone has yet to stop and analyze why Gardner is even running against Cook for DA? Why would a successful prosecuting attorney with a private practice, with plenty of work, want to stick her neck out into the politically driven position of DA? Is it for the money? I don't think so simply because her platform is to reduce costs, not add to them. Is it for political power or gain? Again, it doesn't appear so because she has her own success and hasn't made any claims or desires to become the next county judge. Is it for recognition or notoriety? I have yet to hear her brag about all her accomplishments, especially at the expense of the victims she represents. None of these things appear to be her motivation to run in this race. My impression has been that she, from her long experiences as a prosecutor and her dealings surrounding family issues, that she recognizes the need for a common sense, fair and just approach needed in this DA's office. It needs to be dealt with from within the trenches, not from a position of command. She, unlike Cook, brings the experience of family, children and relationships that is a critical part of understanding the complexities of why people do what they do. Relationships are not about rules and conditions, but about giving and taking of both the good and the bad and finding middle ground to resolve an issue, not reject it. There is much to be gained from this type of experience when it comes to the delicate matters of law. Like it is in parenting, it should be as well in justice; firm but fair.

Every campaign has an agenda and a hopeful outcome. Cook's is about power, profits and to become the next county judge. Gardner's is to save the taxpayers money and to protect the community without compromising ethics and responsibility. The citizens of Yates need to be confident that their rights and their safety are being protected by someone that has walked in their shoes of experience. In my opinion or view, Gardner is more qualified hands down and if given the choice of whom I'd entrust with the lawful protection of my family; Gardner is the only choice I have confidence in.

#1420895 - 10/08/13 10:30 AM Re: Now you did it!! [Re: Joe Friday]
Mean Gene Offline

Well Joe, that would make a great letter to the editor. I suspect that you are part of the system and cannot reveal your name. So I guess the letter is out of the question!! \:\)

#1420914 - 10/08/13 11:47 AM Re: Now you did it!! [Re: Joe Friday]
Villa Offline

Loc: NY, USA
Great thoughts & comments Joe. Would you mind if your words were used in a letter to the editor ..if you cannot send it in yourself ?

#1420931 - 10/08/13 01:31 PM Re: Now you did it!! [Re: Villa]
Yuri358 Offline

Loc: here
great words joe. he (cook) is a persecutor not a prosecutor. he is in it for his self gain and does care who he hurts or walks over. people need to understand this before he does it to your family member, and he will. he needs to go.

#1420967 - 10/08/13 04:42 PM Re: Now you did it!! [Re: Villa]
Joe Friday Offline

Villa I have no problem with my comment being used especially if it gets people to stop and think. I appreciate the positive feedback from Gene as well.

#1420978 - 10/08/13 06:19 PM Re: Now you did it!! [Re: Mean Gene]
liverlips Offline

Loc: branchport
Originally Posted By: Mean Gene
Well Joe, that would make a great letter to the editor. I suspect that you are part of the system and cannot reveal your name. So I guess the letter is out of the question!! \:\)
He's not part of the system he has a personal reason why he doesn't like Cook just like you do, he knows nothing about Gardner or what her true reasons are for running.

Edited by liverlips (10/08/13 06:19 PM)

#1420988 - 10/08/13 09:37 PM Re: Now you did it!! [Re: liverlips]
searchpy Offline

Loc: new york
There were some very good points made by Joe Friday related to Ms.Gardner vs. Mr. Cook for D.A. It doesn't matter if he is or isn't part of the system they are points that should be noted. I believe the position of D.A. has become more political than that of being a prosecutor. A prosecutor is measured apparently by their success of convictions, plea convictions are easy for a prosecutor and make the office profitable.
The D.A. is a member of many service clubs in Yates County, smart from a politician standpoint. This is not smart as a District Attorney, too much room for conflict of interest.

Edited by searchpy (10/08/13 09:56 PM)

#1421020 - 10/09/13 08:36 AM Re: Now you did it!! [Re: liverlips]
Joe Friday Offline

Ahhh, but I am part of the system, and yes, not unlike anyone who is concerned about the business of politics, budgets and our protections under the law, my concerns are personal, just as they should be for everyone. It appears they are for you as well, are they not? If I missed the mark on Gardner's motivation to become DA, which I don't believe I did, perhaps you can provide some credible facts or proof of a different agenda.

It's very easy to come here with no original thoughts of your own. Never adding positive dialog or perspective on the only topic on these forums that interest you. There is a very big difference between offering a valid opinion or perspective that sparks a healthy debate, and twisting or cherry picking facts that leave out the entire set of facts for the purpose of "mud slinging" which serves nobody and proves only to be a premature act. There was a poster here back during the Cook/Brockman campaign, Yates41 who posted in similar style and disappeared after the election was won. Perhaps he is here again.

I don't know who you are or nor do I care. It has no bearing on the topic at hand. Perhaps you believe you know me, unlikely, but it doesn't matter because who I am doesn't influence anyone's opinion of what I post. However, if Cook's campaign is about ethics, credibility and integrity, I'd hardly think he'd approve of your manner of support and the mud slinging approach. But again, I guess that's why I support Gardner.

#1421051 - 10/09/13 12:45 PM Re: Now you did it!! [Re: liverlips]
Villa Offline

Liverlips....if you put 1/2 as much time in reviewing the facts about the candidates as you do looking for dirt it would be very clear to even a closed mind person such as yourself why Ms. Gardner is gaining more support everyday. As the residents of Yates County are informed about the current DA's job performance and the $30,000,000 in liability claims against Yates County for DA Misconduct, along with the 7+ Notices of Claim along with 5+ Federal Lawsuits and the 52% increase in the DA's budget the right choice becomes very clear. Your negative attitude & mudslinging that you are circulating may end up costing you plenty from your own pocket in future lawsuits.

#1421060 - 10/09/13 01:21 PM Re: Now you did it!! [Re: Joe Friday]
liverlips Offline

Originally Posted By: Joe Friday
Ahhh, but I am part of the system, and yes, not unlike anyone who is concerned about the business of politics, budgets and our protections under the law, my concerns are personal, just as they should be for everyone. It appears they are for you as well, are they not? If I missed the mark on Gardner's motivation to become DA, which I don't believe I did, perhaps you can provide some credible facts or proof of a different agenda.

It's very easy to come here with no original thoughts of your own. Never adding positive dialog or perspective on the only topic on these forums that interest you. There is a very big difference between offering a valid opinion or perspective that sparks a healthy debate, and twisting or cherry picking facts that leave out the entire set of facts for the purpose of "mud slinging" which serves nobody and proves only to be a premature act. There was a poster here back during the Cook/Brockman campaign, Yates41 who posted in similar style and disappeared after the election was won. Perhaps he is here again.

I don't know who you are or nor do I care. It has no bearing on the topic at hand. Perhaps you believe you know me, unlikely, but it doesn't matter because who I am doesn't influence anyone's opinion of what I post. However, if Cook's campaign is about ethics, credibility and integrity, I'd hardly think he'd approve of your manner of support and the mud slinging approach. But again, I guess that's why I support Gardner.
Check out the 3 statements, i know you and if everyone did they would say oh he has a grudge against cook don't believe a word he says.

#1421062 - 10/09/13 01:27 PM Re: Now you did it!! [Re: Villa]
liverlips Offline

Originally Posted By: Villa
Liverlips....if you put 1/2 as much time in reviewing the facts about the candidates as you do looking for dirt it would be very clear to even a closed mind person such as yourself why Ms. Gardner is gaining more support everyday. As the residents of Yates County are informed about the current DA's job performance and the $30,000,000 in liability claims against Yates County for DA Misconduct, along with the 7+ Notices of Claim along with 5+ Federal Lawsuits and the 52% increase in the DA's budget the right choice becomes very clear. Your negative attitude & mudslinging that you are circulating may end up costing you plenty from your own pocket in future lawsuits.
Any jerk can file a lawsuit and plenty have and they will all be dismissed, just read the 3 statements as others before you have and changed their minds and gone over to Cooks side, Gardner is history but maybe cook will hire for to help around the office.

Edited by liverlips (10/09/13 01:28 PM)

#1421072 - 10/09/13 01:46 PM Re: Now you did it!! [Re: liverlips]
Mean Gene Offline

Seeing how you have filed multiple actions yourself I am guessing you are including yourself in the "jerk" category Liverlips! \:\)

#1421119 - 10/09/13 04:35 PM Re: Now you did it!! [Re: liverlips]
Villa Offline

I read the 3 statements you are referring to and passing around and agree with prior comments made about them "if there was anything unlawful about the contents of the statements the current DA (cook)would have filed charges". As he said himself...it doesn't matter if the criminal is a cop, lawyer or judge..he will prosecute any unlawful act. You, Mr. Liverlips are on a destructive mission and facts will not change your course of path. You may persuade a few uninformed voters with your mud, but level headed county residents will see beyond your intentions and vote responsibly. If your concern was for the "GOOD" of the county, you'd be singing a very different tune.

Edited by Villa (10/09/13 04:50 PM)

#1421165 - 10/09/13 10:41 PM Re: Now you did it!! [Re: liverlips]
Barkleynose Offline

Loc: Yates
"Any Jerk can file a lawsuit" may have some merit because its true. The problem with that statement is that it takes away from the people that have actually been wronged and have taken the necessary steps to right that wrong. A lawsuit that has merit is a difficult road that comes with great cost financialy and emotionally and most people dont think about that. Frivilous lawsuits dont last long...its paperwork and filings and dismissals. I ask that anyone concerned about our County really look at the claims that have been filed. There is a pattern and it is not a good one. Same people, same actions and only the defendant is different. More importantly....how many times do you have to be told....something is wrong...before you actually listen? I am not here to sway or bash or endorse. I will say this: you can go through your life and think all is okay and you are immune...and then one day...your world is rocked. There are people that are not being honest...and its time to say "it's not OK". Thank you for your time.

#1421166 - 10/09/13 10:48 PM Re: Now you did it!! [Re: Barkleynose]
Yuri358 Offline

Loc: here
barkleynose. obviously you or a family member has been done unjustly and are suffering inside. I feel your pain and have walked in your shoes. a family member of mine has been hurt deeply and too has a lawsuit against yates county for the malicious prosecution of mr cooks office. hang in there barkley, the truth always comes out. god bless be strong.

#1421443 - 10/11/13 06:37 PM Re: Now you did it!! [Re: Mean Gene]
Honestly Offline

Loc: Penn Yan
Dan Taylor was a class act, gentleman, fair and reasonable at all times!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >