FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1420631 --- 10/06/13 04:10 PM Problems with Correia's.
alaskanyack Offline

Loc: New York
Has anyone had any problems with Correia's general Contracting out of SF? Just curious before I do business with them.

FingerLakes1.com
#1420634 --- 10/06/13 04:55 PM Re: Problems with Correia's. [Re: alaskanyack]
mikey Offline

Loc: Rochester NY
My kid called me on this contractor...his sense of something being afoul had been aroused. I can't say I know anything, but I found this and sent it to my son. Seems like your spiedy senses are on alert as well.

I'd confront them with this, as a Google search turns this up. Could be someone crying sour grapes. I would think a call to the Pulaski Co. might shed some light. They could be entirely legit...

Let the buyer beware...I sure can't say this it true, but it's worth investigating before dropping cash.

http://fingerlakes.craigslist.org/sls/4101485900.html

Correia's General Contracting
Beware when dealing with this company. This company is NYMM and Hijacked the name, logo and 27 years experience from Correia in Pulaski NY to look legitimate. Owners are from out of state. They send there inexperienced canvassers door to door wanting to inspect roofs for hail damage. Some canvassers have quit because management wants them to make hail marks on the roofing shingles with a quarter to make an insurance claim. If you get a visit from this shady company or already did & had your roof marked with a quarter call the police and the attorney generals office.

#1420655 --- 10/06/13 07:18 PM Re: Problems with Correia's. [Re: mikey]
Lee Alias Offline

Loc: NY,Seneca, Seneca Falls
They advertise they are Local.....I do understand they are from out of the area & are renting space Locally. Many of their trucks looked "beat".....I would be cautious how much hail have we had to say we are prone to Hail damage!!!

#1420696 --- 10/07/13 06:21 AM Re: Problems with Correia's. [Re: Lee Alias]
Carerinoa Offline

Loc: New York
Be VERY careful ... my elderly father was just taken over the summer for about 6 grand. Not by these guys but someone local and the laws protect the criminals.

http://www.ag.ny.gov/consumer-frauds/home-improvement-fact-sheet

#1420697 --- 10/07/13 06:45 AM Re: Problems with Correia's. [Re: Carerinoa]
Oldgzr Offline

Loc: NY
I have had two people from that company show up within a couple days of each other and want to inspect my house for storm damage. Like anyone else that shows unsolicited, they both got sent off of my property.

Edited by Oldgzr (10/07/13 06:45 AM)

#1420716 --- 10/07/13 08:33 AM Re: Problems with Correia's. [Re: Oldgzr]
zelgar21x Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
BEWARE. These guys want you to screw your insurance co. In 5 or 10 years when you realize something ain't right they will be long gone. Always hire a reputable contractor. I had the high pressure salesman at my house, I refused to let him on my roof for fear of him doing some damage. All they have for references were all the local bartenders.

#1420721 --- 10/07/13 09:45 AM Re: Problems with Correia's. [Re: zelgar21x]
hardfacts Offline

Loc: seneca falls
Are you for some reason better than local bartenders? Happen to know some very good people who bartend in town. It appears your feelings are tainted!

#1420723 --- 10/07/13 10:09 AM Re: Problems with Correia's. [Re: hardfacts]
zelgar21x Offline

Nothing against bartenders, you missed my point.

#1420728 --- 10/07/13 10:43 AM Re: Problems with Correia's. [Re: zelgar21x]
hardfacts Offline

Got your point. You make up things.....that article you refer to, read again.
You must be a local unsuccessful roofer crying the blues! But you also seem to know insurance fraud too....
You seem to have a personal grudge against someone?

#1420744 --- 10/07/13 12:46 PM Re: Problems with Correia's. [Re: hardfacts]
hardfacts Offline

Nice job editing your post.. At least you were decent enough to know you were wrong and changed it. I think the local roofers are upset that someone else is eating their lunch.

#1420796 --- 10/07/13 05:02 PM Re: Problems with Correia's. [Re: hardfacts]
mikey Offline

Can you name a local roofer that isn't overbooked? I am looking for a new roof and everyone is quite busy.

#1420835 --- 10/07/13 08:27 PM Re: Problems with Correia's. [Re: mikey]
hardfacts Offline

I'm sure if you have the money for a roof and live in town you can find someone to put your roof on. Also based on your first post your " kid" can probably find someone too. Amazing your both in need of a roof and are on here whining. ...
Put your own roof on ....I think you have time!

#1421035 --- 10/09/13 10:52 AM Re: Problems with Correia's. [Re: hardfacts]
mikey Offline

You are the freaking whiner...complaining and making up a story. I've found everyone I called is booked up.

I just steered my kid away from what seemed to be a troublesome operation. You work there must be?

#1421040 --- 10/09/13 11:02 AM Re: Problems with Correia's. [Re: hardfacts]
mikey Offline

You are the freaking whiner...complaining and making up a story. I've found everyone I called is booked up.

I just steered my kid away from what seemed to be a troublesome operation. You work there must be?

#1421172 --- 10/10/13 01:02 AM Re: Problems with Correia's. [Re: mikey]
hardfacts Offline

Take your medication and find a better name for you child than kid!
Again....if you and your "kid" need a roof and can pay for it there are plenty of roofers. If they aren't giving you the time of day than they don't think you can pay for the work! Pretty simple. You are funny to toy with though!

#1424212 --- 10/29/13 08:27 PM Re: Problems with Correia's. [Re: hardfacts]
The REAL SF HERO Offline

Would it be smart for a person who is having their roof done "free" to have an equal amount of money set aside for what their insurance company paid once things

#1424215 --- 10/29/13 08:36 PM Re: Problems with Correia's. [Re: The REAL SF HERO]
The REAL SF HERO Offline

So many signs around town.

So many gullible people.

So many soon to be _______________ people

Some people never learn

These are the same people who voted against dissolution of the Village
But accept a "free" roof - figure it out!

#1426301 --- 11/19/13 02:02 PM Re: Problems with Correia's. [Re: The REAL SF HERO]
Lee Alias Offline

Loc: NY,Seneca, Seneca Falls
These guys are all over town (Seneca Falls) and Waterloo...I keep hearing the same story about hail damage. I to believe it's too Good to be true. I can't believe the insurance companies are buying or agreeing to hail damage, especially on older roofs (15-20 yrs old). I have heard they have done over 200 roofs here!!! I would like to see something on this forum from a insurance agent. We had roof & siding damage last Oct from a tree falling and we to "fight" with the insurance adjuster on what they would repair & for how much!! the damage was obvious....

#1426337 --- 11/19/13 06:01 PM Re: Problems with Correia's. [Re: Lee Alias]
young guns Offline

Loc: USA
will let you all know when ours is done. I do know quite a few that had this Co do their roofs and no problems money wise or other. guess we'll see. for their trucks and other equipment it all looked damn nice shape to me. Maybe I got the A-Team crew instead of the B-team crew. LMAO

#1426345 --- 11/19/13 09:53 PM Re: Problems with Correia's. [Re: mikey]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
It reminds me of the time someone drove up my drive, to the side of the house, leaned on his horn, and asked me if I wanted my gutters cleaned. Since the house didn't have any gutters, I figured that it wouldn't be a good idea to hire him to do anything. Ever. Blind people on ladders can be dangerous, particularly in an unfamiliar work environment. I hope he got home okay.

#1434534 --- 01/30/14 01:17 AM Re: Problems with Correia's. [Re: alaskanyack]
hardfacts Offline

Are they still in business? The office on 414 is empty?

#1434821 --- 02/01/14 02:13 AM Re: Problems with Correia's. [Re: mikey]
hardfacts Offline

Originally Posted By: mikey
My kid called me on this contractor...his sense of something being afoul had been aroused. I can't say I know anything, but I found this and sent it to my son. Seems like your spiedy senses are on alert as well.

I'd confront them with this, as a Google search turns this up. Could be someone crying sour grapes. I would think a call to the Pulaski Co. might shed some light. They could be entirely legit...

Let the buyer beware...I sure can't say this it true, but it's worth investigating before dropping cash.

http://fingerlakes.craigslist.org/sls/4101485900.html

Correia's General Contracting
Beware when dealing with this company. This company is NYMM and Hijacked the name, logo and 27 years experience from Correia in Pulaski NY to look legitimate. Owners are from out of state. They send there inexperienced canvassers door to door wanting to inspect roofs for hail damage. Some canvassers have quit because management wants them to make hail marks on the roofing shingles with a quarter to make an insurance claim. If you get a visit from this shady company or already did & had your roof marked with a quarter call the police and the attorney generals office.

#1449280 --- 06/01/14 10:54 PM Re: Problems with Correia's. [Re: alaskanyack]
hardfacts Offline

They are back in town under another name? Same crew.

#1449352 --- 06/02/14 09:14 PM Re: Problems with Correia's. [Re: hardfacts]
WindandSun Offline

I'm sorry and I have to ask you this, but you would know this because you worked for this company, correct? Back when all the "microburst hail damage" claims were being processed around Seneca Falls and Waterloo? Am I correct in saying that? I believe I am correct. Not saying anything derogatory about you, but it seems like you already know the answers to these questions you have asked. And I have seen a newer roofing company lately in the areas with vehicles with PA plates-I think from NJ too, but didn't see any name of who they represent on the sides. Could be them? Could be not. Maybe you could find out. And I don't know anyone who has utilized their services to say yay or nay or buyer beware. Hopefully they prosper in this economy and are a legitimate business. Have a good night.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >