Topic Options
#1419904 --- 10/02/13 09:59 AM Re: Abigail's - yummy! [Re: sassyone]
Sketch Offline

Loc: NYS
Originally Posted By: sassyone
Originally Posted By: Sketch
Originally Posted By: sassyone
Talk to Woody @ Abigails. He'll take care of you. I don't blame you for being upset.

But why talk to him. Jelloshot said her meal was good.

Wha? Put down the smokes.

What? See I even put in the "T" so you would know what I mean.
I don't know why you are confused. You responded to Jelloshot to talk to Woody, when Jelloshot said HIS meal was fine.
Jelloshot, sorry, I have no clue on computer whether I am talking to a male or female. No way for me to tell by your post.
-

I was responding to the OP, Sassypantz. If I was concerned about Jelloshot's comment, I would've quoted him. Try to follow forum code, Grandma!

FingerLakes1.com
#1419967 --- 10/02/13 05:02 PM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: antnee]
Monte Cristo Offline

Loc: Seneca County
That may be your opinion but they are the busiest restaurant in the area. The dishwasher job there didn't work out for ya, huh?

#1419984 --- 10/02/13 07:06 PM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: antnee]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Originally Posted By: antnee
Abigail's is terrible. Why doesn't anybody want to say that?

Why say it? What do you gain?

#1419988 --- 10/02/13 07:14 PM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: antnee]
Carerinoa Offline

Loc: New York

That's only your opinion. Many others don't see it that way when their parking lot is full 7 days a week. It's not my first choice but I'm not and many others aren't on here bashing them for no reason ... just sayin

#1419993 --- 10/02/13 07:38 PM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: Carerinoa]
Frisco kid Offline

Loc: Constantia NY
Originally Posted By: Carerinoa

Many others don't see it that way when their parking lot is full 7 days a week.

I would say the parking lot is filled more because of the lack of other choices rather than the offerings of the restaurant.

#1419996 --- 10/02/13 07:41 PM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: Frisco kid]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Frisco kid

I would say the parking lot is filled more because of the lack of other choices rather than the offerings of the restaurant.

And yet, you think people would still go there to spend their hard-earned money if all they served was crap? I can think of at least three or four other restaurants within a 15 minute drive that could serve a comparable meal.

#1419998 --- 10/02/13 07:45 PM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: Josephus]
Frisco kid Offline

Loc: Constantia NY
Originally Posted By: Josephus

And yet, you think people would still go there to spend their hard-earned money if all they served was crap? I can think of at least three or four other restaurants within a 15 minute drive that could serve a comparable meal.

Now wait a minute I didn't call their meals crap you did. In fact up until now I haven't commented on their food. I have always said the food is mediocore and overpriced.

#1420000 --- 10/02/13 07:56 PM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: Frisco kid]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Josephus

Now wait a minute I didn't call their meals crap you did. In fact up until now I haven't commented on their food. I have always said the food is mediocore and overpriced.

OK... you're right. Someone else called it crap, but you did say that the food is mediocre and overpriced. But the fact remains that there are several other options... not the lack of options as you claim.

#1420129 --- 10/03/13 04:28 PM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: rhysmay]
The Mask Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Hidden Harbor
Originally Posted By: rhysmay
Re: Little wing.

FYI, not all of our party were "nursing home". That was very discourteous to elderly people. Aging and it challenges are hard enough without mean-spirited people like yourself making these comments.

And - we did complain to the person whom we were told was the "manager" right then and there - before I posted here.

Did you tell someone that all these people with special needs were coming?

Edited by The Mask (10/03/13 04:36 PM)

#1420223 --- 10/04/13 10:06 AM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: The Mask]
Sketch Offline

Originally Posted By: The Mask

FYI, not all of our party were "nursing home". That was very discourteous to elderly people. Aging and it challenges are hard enough without mean-spirited people like yourself making these comments.

And - we did complain to the person whom we were told was the "manager" right then and there - before I posted here.

In what way was that crew 'special needs'?

#1420258 --- 10/04/13 01:52 PM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: Sketch]
Carerinoa Offline

Loc: New York
I was wondering that myself ...

#1420275 --- 10/04/13 04:08 PM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: VM Smith]
antnee Offline

Loc: new york, usa
It's just my opinion VM. I know for sure that other people feel the same way. I have had bad experiences there. Stupid stuff. Like our table of 8 for my father's birthday shacking all over the place while everyone tries to cut their steak that's too tuff to cut. Enough that we don't go there at all anymore. It's just that it seems like some businesses or people are just off limits as far as comments are concerned. I gain by telling it as it is. You do it too. It's fun!

#1420277 --- 10/04/13 04:58 PM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: antnee]
mikey Offline

Loc: Rochester NY
Wow, when we lived in the area we went to Abigail's every Friday night and had a great meal...like most places, not gourmet but a solid meal.,, I've ordered things I didn't like, but it was my taste not the prep.

I've had better than average steaks there and they do a wonderful job with the salmon specials...

To each his own.

#1420295 --- 10/04/13 07:57 PM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: Sketch]
HeavenlyPlaces Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Someplace Else
Originally Posted By: The Mask

In what way was that crew 'special needs'?

I may be wrong but I believe what was meant was that the people that were coming had needs or requirements outside the ordinary or usual for the restaurant, not that the statement was meant in a pejorative sense but in a practical way. I used to call ahead to restaurants if I brought my grandmother, who was in a wheel chair, to make sure that her needs could be accommodated...special requirements for her seating, etc. Most places do like a heads up if possible.

#1429481 --- 12/16/13 02:36 AM Re: Abigail [Re: sassyone]
Anonymous
Unregistered

ugg bailey buttons if you are looking for faster water and more rapids,
ugg?? ?? ????
Part 3: Grover gets Kermit, The Count, Sully, and an Anything Muppet to hold up a big sign with the number 2 written on it. He generously lets two people go in front of him,
ugg outlet 2012, but then explains that you can't always let everyone go before you, or else you'll never get to the register yourself. When he finally gets to the register and is first in line, the cashier says the register is closed. Grover considers following a customer to a pickle party.
The
ugg sheep skin boot is a practical boot. The sheep skin helps keep feet warm during the cold winter months, and cool during the warm summer months. The comfortable and soft sheep skin fits like a glove and acts like a second skin, helping to maintain the body's temperature. In fact, these boots can keep feet warm even in temperatures as low as 30F. Plus, the wool has natural wicking properties which help draw moisture away from the skin,
ugg ??? ??, and this is what helps to keep the skin dry. Finally, a person's feet should not smell after wearing these
Ugg boots . The wool fleece helps the air inside the boot to circulate which allows the foot to breathe. Of course, there is no guarantee on this claim!
I later discovered that the British
ugg boots are a birthday gift to her sister, but luckily,
???????, she bought boots in her sistera??s birthday that working day, her sister, too. Very humorous genuinely cozy to ask Sienna Miller, and Jennifer Aniston Sarah Jessica Parker. I essentially dwell in them each and every weekend from November to February,
???????ugg emu, but the
ugg low cost outlet have always been specific provide, so I ran my aged twinaged.
Ya, we should all be nicer to visitors asking questions, that is how most of us got here. Most of the first posters are probably not the obsessive compulsive many of us are. It also seems that a lot of the sharper (not in a good way) responses to first posters come from newer members who might have asked something similar not too long ago.
The Celtic Tiger, especially, with its tendency towards lavish central heating and everyone buying a car instead of taking public transport, led to a fall in demand for a good quality, warm coat. Consumers wanted a look, rather than heat, so designers and stores followed where the consumer led and went for style over substance.
And with due respect to Broadway's falling chandeliers, flying cars, descending helicopters and other hightech marvels, the simple flywire that allows Peter Pan to float, glide and hover over the stage is still one of the theater's great effects. The first appearance of Peter Pan, swooping in through the bedroom window, remains in all probability the greatest stage entrance of all time.

#1438696 --- 03/02/14 11:03 PM Re: Abigail [Re: rhysmay]
young guns Offline

Loc: USA
Oh boy the stupid boot spam again
Now back to topic

Mask Did you tell someone that all these people with special needs were coming?

Special needs or not all should be treated equal if one want's to run a professional establishment. This is how a business stays in business.

#1438697 --- 03/02/14 11:44 PM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: antnee]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
It's just my opinion VM. I know for sure that other people feel the same way. I have had bad experiences there. Stupid stuff. Like our table of 8 for my father's birthday shacking all over the place while everyone tries to cut their steak that's too tuff to cut. Enough that we don't go there at all anymore. It's just that it seems like some businesses or people are just off limits as far as comments are concerned. I gain by telling it as it is. You do it too. It's fun!

My question was "What do you gain?". The people who like it, like it, and vice versa, and neither group will change their minds, so what do you gain by criticizing? If you want fun, can't you just pull the wings off flies or something? Or just one wing and a leg?

I don't go, either...but that's because I'm too busy with the flies. There's just one me, and lots of flies...I could use your help...

Political criticism is way different. I figure that if I live long enough...another 100-150 years, say, I can convince a critical mass of people to pull their heads out of their butts, and see the real problem.

Meanwhile, would you grab a leg and yank? Yes we can!

#1442371 --- 03/30/14 10:10 PM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: rhysmay]
dainty Offline

We love the place. When we have family events like this we go earlier and try to go on a week day or Sunday. I have worked in food service in the past and sometimes things just go awry due to circumstances beyond control.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3