FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1419238 --- 09/27/13 09:27 PM Abigail's - awful
rhysmay Offline

Loc: New york USA
We had reservations for a table of 10 to celebrate an 85th birthday. We were shown the table and waited 25 minutes for a waitress, who then announced that they were out of several specials including prime rib (this was 7 pm). Yes, I admit the place was busy. They had run out of some foods on the salad bar including baked chicken, meatballs and other things. they brought out a bunch of chicken wings and dumped some BBQ sauce on them and some meatballs that were so salty we could not eat them. When our order was finally taken - we waited a little more than an hour to get the food. We were never asked if we wanted refills on drinks such as iced tea. One of the party was a 96 yr old woman whose medicine was timed to an earlier mealtime. One was a diabetic who could not take her insulin because the meal was so slow in coming. most of the party by that time just asked for their entree to be boxed and left with it because they did not want dinner at 9 pm for a 6:30 reservation.

Yes, I know the answer - don't go back - and that is just what will happen - not again.

FingerLakes1.com
#1419240 --- 09/27/13 09:48 PM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: rhysmay]
Little Wing Offline

Loc: Trash country, U.S.A.
Every time I have gone to Abigail's I have gotten a delicious meal, and timely, friendly service. It's a Friday night and they were busy, what do you honestly expect? Maybe next time don't bring the entire nursing home with you.

#1419246 --- 09/27/13 10:19 PM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: Little Wing]
Carerinoa Offline

Loc: New York
Originally Posted By: Little Wing
Every time I have gone to Abigail's I have gotten a delicious meal, and timely, friendly service. It's a Friday night and they were busy, what do you honestly expect? Maybe next time don't bring the entire nursing home with you.

That was VERY RUDE and uncalled for.
If I have 630 reservations, I would expect to have dinner served by 730. If that can't be done, there is an issue with the establishment!

#1419247 --- 09/27/13 10:21 PM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: rhysmay]
Carerinoa Offline

Loc: New York
You should also call and voice your displeasure. Posting it on these forums will get you nowhere.

#1419250 --- 09/27/13 10:34 PM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: Carerinoa]
Dr. Sarcassm Esq Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
I have stopped going there. The portions are small. One waitress in particular is really rude. The buffet lacks in choice and quality and they are not really a bargain to go to for dinner or lunch.

#1419252 --- 09/27/13 11:00 PM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: Little Wing]
de1 Offline

Loc: ny
Originally Posted By: Little Wing

You're a idiot!

#1419259 --- 09/27/13 11:57 PM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: de1]
Little Wing Offline

hurrr am I en idiut dump employee 1??!?!

Learn elementary grammar. It's "You're AN idiot".

#1419260 --- 09/27/13 11:58 PM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: Dr. Sarcassm Esq]
Little Wing Offline

Originally Posted By: Dr. Sarcassm Esq
I have stopped going there. The portions are small. One waitress in particular is really rude. The buffet lacks in choice and quality and they are not really a bargain to go to for dinner or lunch.

I think you'd appreciate Micky D's more anyway.

#1419265 --- 09/28/13 12:13 AM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: Little Wing]
Dr. Sarcassm Esq Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Only because I enjoy seeing you ask me if I would like fries with my order. How much food does MCD's let you take home to your mother and father. Do they eat upstairs while you eat in the basement apartment?

#1419275 --- 09/28/13 04:19 AM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: de1]
Pedroia 15 Offline

Loc: Ny
Nice view of the landfill though

#1419278 --- 09/28/13 05:40 AM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: rhysmay]
why us Offline

Loc: NY
Went to Nonna's in geneva last night, the food and staff were EXCELLENT. If you like seafood, try the seafood pasta. Looking forward to going on my 50th b-day next week.

#1419281 --- 09/28/13 06:22 AM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: rhysmay]
teedoff27 Offline

Loc: S2Hphoto
Personally I would of ask to speak to the manager right then and there and give them an opportunity to correct the problem. If my need weren't met....then and only then would I come on the forum to bellyache about it.

We had a similar problem with the Ramada in Geneva for their Father's Day steak and clam bake 2012. We spoke to the manager and they apologized profusely. Not only did our service improve, but they also credited all 8 of our meals.

#1419288 --- 09/28/13 07:45 AM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: teedoff27]
tag2 Offline

I agree teedoff27. Speak to the manager/owner immediately. We had a problem with the new Japanese restaurant in Geneva. We went on a Friday night (mistake on our part). The service was fast enough, the wait staff was good but my chicken was overcooked and dry. My daughter went to the manager/owner and he was very apologetic and gave us a large discount on the meal. I took the leftovers home and made chicken salad with it the next day. We'll give them another try for either lunch or another evening meal (not Friday).

#1419327 --- 09/28/13 11:39 AM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: tag2]
Frisco kid Offline

Loc: Constantia NY
Why was the thread about Penny's Place moved to the kitchen counter forum? and not this one too?

#1419371 --- 09/28/13 04:46 PM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: rhysmay]
Oldgzr Offline

rhysmay, was that your first visit to Abigail's? In my experience with them I would not rate them "awful". My rating judging from numerous visits over the many years that they've been in business would be generally good but inconsistent. I have had some excellent meals there, a few that were mediocre and a couple that were just dreadful. My favorites are either Emile's in Border City or Curley's, Lasca's or The Hollywood in Auburn. I've never had a bad meal in any of those places.

#1419376 --- 09/28/13 05:39 PM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: Oldgzr]
sassyone Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Seneca Falls,NY,
Ive had a bad meal at Emile's, but have to agree with Curleys or Lasca's. Haven't been to the Hollywood in about 30 yrs.

#1419393 --- 09/28/13 07:01 PM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: sassyone]
Convince Me 2 Offline

If the place is so bad, why was it so busy? Granted, they got slammed last night, obviously unexpected. I have never had a bad meal and usually had to take home leftovers. You must eat like a horse if you think portions are small. Best prime rib around. Great seafood dishes. Very friendly wait staff. Only negative thing is they need to update their menu and weekend specials.

#1419398 --- 09/28/13 07:09 PM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: sassyone]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Originally Posted By: sassyone
Ive had a bad meal at Emile's, but have to agree with Curleys or Lasca's. Haven't been to the Hollywood in about 30 yrs.

Curly's is OK, haven't been to Lasca's, but The Hollywood is excellent!

#1419449 --- 09/29/13 01:33 AM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: Convince Me 2]
sassyone Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Convince Me 2
If the place is so bad, why was it so busy? Granted, they got slammed last night, obviously unexpected. I have never had a bad meal and usually had to take home leftovers. You must eat like a horse if you think portions are small. Best prime rib around. Great seafood dishes. Very friendly wait staff. Only negative thing is they need to update their menu and weekend specials.

I never said anything about small portions.

#1419450 --- 09/29/13 01:34 AM Re: Abigail's - awful [Re: Josephus]
sassyone Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Josephus
Originally Posted By: sassyone

Curly's is OK, haven't been to Lasca's, but The Hollywood is excellent!

You need to go to Lasca's sometime Josephus.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >