FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 141 of 142 < 1 2 ... 139 140 141 142 >
Topic Options
#1458172 --- 08/30/14 10:36 AM Re: SMI - Meadow View Clay Mine [Re: Roadtrip2nowhere]
Top Dog Offline

Loc: Lap Dog
Originally Posted By: Roadtrip2nowhere
Originally Posted By: Top Dog
maybe you guys treated him and the other two like some of us that used to support you...

????

You read it correctly.

Hi Lee.

When I didn't do exactly what you said I stood up to you. Maybe you did the same thing with your hand picked puppets on the town board? Could it be it was your antics that made them rebel and not them lying?

We both know who the real bully is. Now you file Article 78. You aren't still fighting. You are having to resort to a new tactic for screwing up and mishandling the situation.

FingerLakes1.com
#1458173 --- 08/30/14 11:05 AM Re: SMI - Meadow View Clay Mine [Re: Ghosts]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
Lemmon stated. “I believe this mine would create a hazard to our health and peace of mind, in addition to financial damage to our property value.”

how is the clay mine going to do more " financial damage to our property value.” than the landfill already has ?

#1458178 --- 08/30/14 12:56 PM Re: SMI - Meadow View Clay Mine [Re: Ghosts]
Ghosts Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
http://www.senecameadows.com/faqs.php

Seneca Meadows, Inc. (SMI) accepts non-hazardous, solid waste from residences, businesses and industry. All industrial waste is screened and tested through an approval process prior to being accepted at the landfill.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/materials_minerals_pdf/mswlist.pdf

New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Division of Materials Management

Solid Waste Management Facilities

Date: 11/12/13

NYS DEC REGION 8

County: Seneca

Seneca Meadows LF

Landfill - municipal solid waste Private

Permit

NYUTM East: 349327

360 PERMIT NUMBER:
PERMIT ISSUED:
NYUTM North: 4754187

Seneca Meadows, Inc. 1786 Salcman Road Waterloo, NY 13165 (315)539-5624

Permitted waste: Ash MSW Energy Recovery Fly, Construction & Demolition Debris, Non-petroleum Contaminated Soil, Sewage Treatment Plant Sludge, Industrial, MSW (Residential/Institutional & Commercial), Waste Tires, Treated RMW, Grit & Screenings, Asbestos (Friable & Non-Friable)

From the 2012 Interactive Map of Waste Stream IN TONS Accepted by Seneca Meadows

Petroleum Contaminated Soil 17,729 TONS! (Specifically NOT permitted?)

Asbestos 1,725 TONS! (Hazardous waste!)

Contaminated Soil & Other Cover Material 15,234 TONS! (Is contaminated soil permitted?)

Emergency Storm Debris 73,183 TONS (Who knows what's in that?)

Industrial Waste 72,235 TONS (Radioactive & toxic fracking waste is included in this tonnage!)

http://rocdocs.democratandchronicle.com/story/whats-landfill

Edited by Ghosts (08/30/14 01:42 PM)

#1458179 --- 08/30/14 01:27 PM Re: SMI - Meadow View Clay Mine [Re: kyle585]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Originally Posted By: kyle585
FL1 needs a "like" button
smirk
Why not just simply say I "like" your post? wink

She did, and I thank her, and I liked her preceding post, which reminded me of "By what right do men exercise power over each other?"--Bastiat

No right that I recognize.

#1458202 --- 08/30/14 07:25 PM Re: SMI - Meadow View Clay Mine [Re: Top Dog]
Roadtrip2nowhere Offline

Loc: No where but here
maybe you guys treated him and the other two like some of us that used to support you...

????

You read it correctly.

Hi Lee.

When I didn't do exactly what you said I stood up to you. Maybe you did the same thing with your hand picked puppets on the town board? Could it be it was your antics that made them rebel and not them lying?

We both know who the real bully is. Now you file Article 78. You aren't still fighting. You are having to resort to a new tactic for screwing up and mishandling the situation.

What in Gods creation are you going on about?
Seriously!
Anita M. Celentano-Miracle, RDH

#1458204 --- 08/30/14 07:33 PM Re: SMI - Meadow View Clay Mine [Re: romulicious]
Top Dog Offline

Rather than speaking to an anonymous dog on a forum try the people you thought you had in your corner. Your "puppets" that didn't dance on a string like you thought. Consider asking why rather than attacking and listen. It may change your tactics and maybe prompt a change in your leadership.

How were they treated by your leadership? Maybe you agree with the treatment. if so, then don't complain about your lost votes and enjoy your Article 78.

#1458207 --- 08/30/14 08:02 PM Re: SMI - Meadow View Clay Mine [Re: Top Dog]
Roadtrip2nowhere Offline

I don't know who it is you think you are responding to, but let me try and set you straight. I personally have never treated anyone badly that sits on that board.
I do however take offense to people that say they will do one thing then do the exact opposite, in other words LIE.
Puppets? That's a good question for SMI, most certainly not anyone connected with CCSC, sorry but they don't have the influence, or $$$ nor have they ever claimed to have any over our elected officals, they don't operate that way. There were way more citizens in Waterloo that elected the current board members, than there are members of CCSC. So how you obtained the notion that we elected the current board members to be CCSC puppets, I'll never understand.
It's pretty simple, election promises were broken, an industrial clay mine is slated to operate mere feet from peoples homes, and a school, it never should be allowed....many don't like it and we are exercising our right to fight the good fight and stand up against a foreign owned billion dollar company that doesn't give a moments thought about what's best for the surrounding neighborhood. That clay mine will only serve to better SMI's bottom line. They are not, nor shall they ever be our valued partners and good neighbor.
I frequently sign my posts too bad you don't have the courage to do the same.
Anita M. Celentano-Miracle, RDH

#1458209 --- 08/30/14 08:09 PM Re: SMI - Meadow View Clay Mine [Re: romulicious]
Top Dog Offline

I am a real person in the real world and your people spread lies about me.

It took courage to stand up to your threats and I did not cave. Maybe three people on the Town of Waterloo board share the same feeling.

You don't get second chance.

Buh-Bye.

#1458211 --- 08/30/14 08:12 PM Re: SMI - Meadow View Clay Mine [Re: Top Dog]
Roadtrip2nowhere Offline

OMG, right....
When you want to come out from behind your computer screen let us know.

#1458212 --- 08/30/14 08:16 PM Re: SMI - Meadow View Clay Mine [Re: romulicious]
Top Dog Offline

That's right. Don't re-think anything. You have only lost two votes in two weeks. Blame others.

I guess if that works for you.

#1458213 --- 08/30/14 08:21 PM Re: SMI - Meadow View Clay Mine [Re: Top Dog]
Roadtrip2nowhere Offline

Obviously you have an issue that I have no power to change nor amend.

#1458701 --- 09/07/14 10:20 AM Re: SMI - Meadow View Clay Mine [Re: Roadtrip2nowhere]
Ghosts Offline

The SF Town Board just approved a 1 year moratorium on mining to review the mining & EXCAVATION codes. What the heck is this? NO DEALS!

Seneca Town Board to talk soil borrow

SENECA — The Town Board will meet in special session Monday to take action related to the Ontario County Landfill’s proposed expansion.

The board will consider formal adoption of resolutions related to the 40-acre soil borrow area planned for south of the landfill.

Casella Waste Systems, which operates the Routes 5&20 landfill, would buy the land from Donald Jensen, then deed the land to the town. In exchange, Casella would be paid $1 and gain an exemption from the town zoning code.

The move would mean Casella could use soil from that land for liner and cover at its new, 43.5-acre trash deposit area within the existing footprint of the landfill.

Soil from about 25 of the 40 acres would be excavated for use at the landfill.

As part of the deal, the town is requiring that the 40 acres not be used for solid-waste disposal at any time.

The motions before the board are required by the state Department of Environmental Conservation so it can complete its review of Casella’s permit application for the 43.5-acre expansion.

http://www.fltimes.com/news/article_27e2eb66-362d-11e4-adce-0019bb2963f4.htm

#1458742 --- 09/07/14 06:06 PM Re: SMI - Meadow View Clay Mine [Re: romulicious]
Top Dog Offline

You are aware that the article you posted has absolutely nothing to do with the Town of Seneca Falls?

#1458744 --- 09/07/14 06:50 PM Re: SMI - Meadow View Clay Mine [Re: Ghosts]
Hot Burrito Offline

Loc: Tiajuna Flats
Originally Posted By: Ghosts
[size:11pt]The SF Town Board just approved a 1 year moratorium on mining to review the mining & EXCAVATION codes. What the heck is this? NO DEALS!

Do your really not know the difference between the two towns (Town of Seneca and Town of Seneca Falls) or are you just stirring the pot for political purposes?

#1458745 --- 09/07/14 07:51 PM Re: SMI - Meadow View Clay Mine [Re: Hot Burrito]
Ghosts Offline

Originally Posted By: Hot Burrito
Originally Posted By: Ghosts
[size:11pt]The SF Town Board just approved a 1 year moratorium on mining to review the mining & EXCAVATION codes. What the heck is this? NO DEALS!

Do your really not know the difference between the two towns (Town of Seneca and Town of Seneca Falls) or are you just stirring the pot for political purposes?

Mea culpa, please forgive me. Apparently, I'm still learning my way around the area - slow learner. For once, I am so happy to be mistaken.

Edited by Ghosts (09/07/14 08:23 PM)

#1458771 --- 09/08/14 10:45 AM Re: SMI - Meadow View Clay Mine [Re: Ghosts]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
WHDA YA MEAN " FOR ONCE " ?

#1460477 --- 10/03/14 10:51 AM Re: SMI - Meadow View Clay Mine [Re: Hello_Governer]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
To the Editor:

The voters of the town of Waterloo did their job by electing three board members who were against the enhancement of Seneca Meadows in regards to giving permission to operate a clay mine located in their local neighborhood. Now that two members have betrayed the voters it will only be the voters’ fault if they are returned to their respective offices.

The local politicians are afraid of litigation by Seneca Meadows now. What will it be as the years go by and Seneca Meadows has an even more powerful grip on the local area?

It is great to see letters from local residents describing the horrors of this massive project. I especially enjoyed the letter from the lady who grew up under Nazi rule inGermany. No one bothered to say anything until it was too late.

It is not too difficult to imagine that maybe we are only seeing the “tip of the iceberg” when it comes to Trashmore Mountain. With approval of clay mines and possibly of railroad spurs to increase their capacity, who knows how large this whole project could become? Also, how convenient the railroad is getting a taxpayer-funded grant from New York state to prepare for the extra traffic of trash coming to Seneca County.

DEC will give them permission to do whatever they want. New York state collects millions every year from Thruway tolls. Seneca Meadows is located on what was precious productive farmland, our most valuable resource. The mines almost always take farmland out of production forever. Any project that ruins our farmland should be strictly against the law.

While capturing methane gas and various community projects are worthwhile, they do not make up for the permanent damage done to the community. They also forgot to mention how much methane is released into the air for residents to breathe. There is not one person in this world that can guarantee Seneca Meadows’ Trashmore Mt. will not become a major environmental health hazard to Seneca Falls, Waterloo and surrounding area.

What will Seneca Falls and Waterloo be most noted for 100 years from now? Will it be one of the iconic small towns in America with the birthplace of Women’s Rights and Memorial Day for our country? Or will it be the trash capital of the world with possible impending or historic catastrophic disaster? Think about it!

ART CRANDON
Lyons

Edited by kyle585 (10/03/14 10:57 AM)

#1461907 --- 10/21/14 08:47 AM Re: SMI - Meadow View Clay Mine [Re: Hello_Governer]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA
news reports say they are having a hard time getting rid of the ebola protective clothing the hospital workers were using

does it go the SMI?

#1461971 --- 10/21/14 04:11 PM Re: SMI - Meadow View Clay Mine [Re: bluezone]
voice Offline

There's a rail car load on the way!

#1462183 --- 10/25/14 07:59 AM Re: SMI - Meadow View Clay Mine [Re: voice]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA
a never ending line of rail cars and trucks to bring in trash from all around

the mountain continues to grow...

Page 141 of 142 < 1 2 ... 139 140 141 142 >