FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1409662 - 07/18/13 10:05 PM CCC in Trouble Again
cinlou Offline

Loc: Montezuma, NY USA
Something needs to be done! The whole situation is a mess. Perhaps Cayuga County needs to give up the college to another school. Many counties don't have their own community college. Instead they donate money towards one that is close to them...ie Finger Lakes or Onondaga County. St. Lawrence County pays towards North Country Community College. I am sure if someone else were to take them over it would remain in Fulton and Auburn. They would consider them extensions. After all Cayuga County wants to get out of so many businesses! Just a thought!

FingerLakes1.com
#1415432 - 09/02/13 10:52 AM Re: CCC in Trouble Again [Re: cinlou]
cinlou Offline

I continue to be worried about CCC. The board NEEDS to look at their financial situation and make appropriate decisions. I just don't think the film festival building is appropriate right now. They have a very nice theater/stage on campus, the Auburn Public Theater and our local schools have some as well. Start by using those for the Film Festival and as it earns money and grows think about building a large theater! CCC is an educational institution not a sponsor for the film festival.

I also really believe in adding new majors. Human Services as a stand alone major is really needed in this area. You can take it under Liberal Arts but there aren't enough courses in Human Services to transfer to a 4 year school. Other folks have mentioned other majors on here in the past and on another forum. What do you think?

#1417446 - 09/16/13 09:52 AM Re: CCC in Trouble Again [Re: cinlou]
cinlou Offline

The dorm needs to be built so the school can be more competitive. Has anyone done any studies with other community colleges to see what the impact of a dorm has had on the communities? I do realize that the neighbors don't want the dorm because they feel their property values will go down and they fear partying, etc. But has anyone really looked at the impact or are we just grasping at straws?