FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1408873 --- 07/13/13 12:42 PM Driveway Sealing
groucho Offline

Has anyone used a Driveway sealing service locally, more than once? I say more than once, meaning that they were happy enough to use the same service again. Please don't refer me to businesses that are owned by your friends, or is your own business.

FingerLakes1.com
#1408889 --- 07/13/13 08:51 PM Re: Driveway Sealing [Re: groucho]
zipdrive Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls NY
We have used Shuttleworth out of Geneva for a number of years. They do a great job and the cost is reasonable. If you sign up early for next year, you can get a discount. One year we used a well-known competitor and the coating was so thinly and unevenly applied that I called them back to fix it. They re-did it and it was still not good. No such problems with Shuttleworth's.

#1408924 --- 07/14/13 11:16 AM Re: Driveway Sealing [Re: zipdrive]
groucho Offline

If I understand you correctly, you are having your driveway sealed each year? I always thought that every other year was recommended? We live in the country, and we don't even do it any wheres near that often. About 2-3 years ago, I saw a driveway in town being done by Williams Pave & Sealing, which still looks very good. He had a website which no longer exists, so I'm guessing he's not doing it anymore.

#1408941 --- 07/14/13 09:06 PM Re: Driveway Sealing [Re: groucho]
zipdrive Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls NY
Every other year is indeed recommended, but in recent years we have had a lot of heavy equipment on the driveway for various projects, and it has taken a lot of abuse. I have been having it done as much to restore the looks of it as anything else. Soon I will go to every other year, most likely.