FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1408597 --- 07/10/13 05:26 PM Re: Sarah Palin Says She Is Considering Run For Alaska [Re: past tense]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: past tense
I think it's so great that if Clinton could run again, he'd win in a landslide. Must drive the Teatards so nuts.

ARGLEBARGLE!

NO surprise that Democrats would re-elect a criminal. I bet Spitzer will win.

FingerLakes1.com
#1408598 --- 07/10/13 05:28 PM Re: Sarah Palin Says She Is Considering Run For Alaska [Re: Timbo]

Originally Posted By: Timbo
Originally Posted By: Josephus
Originally Posted By: Chicago Jesus
You didn't read my post... but yet you quote it?

I just read your post and like always you're full of yourself! And no I did not quote you!
You certainly referenced it, thereby proving Jo's point.

I personally HOPE she runs. It should guarantee a win for Democrats.

Well, it's not our election. If Alaskans want to elect a quitter, they're more than welcome to it. How does that phrase go? "People get the government they deserve"... or something like that.
I knew you'd be the first to respond. I didn't read what you posted. All it is more of the same garbage!~
Ahahahahahahahahah...run along Stumpy, grown-ups are talking.

You run along, Baby Blue. Honorably discharged vets are talking. \:\/

Speaking of honorable discharges, I have mine, anybody else?

I have mine.

#1408599 --- 07/10/13 05:30 PM Re: Sarah Palin Says She Is Considering Run For Alaska [Re: past tense]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Sanford didn't just have an affair. He lied about his whereabouts, misused taxpayer funds, and in the years subsequent displayed all kinds of nutter behavior toward his ex-wife.

I think it's SO great that he reminded us that Baby Jesus forgives EVERYONE! That means liberals who tweet photos of their ween and governors who love prostitutes (JUST LIKE JESUS TOLD US TO!).

<3

And Clinton perjured himself. So again, if you want to start the blame you should start with him.

Spitzer and Wiener just keep the traditions going.

Maybe the fact that Sheldon Silver is still in office after stealing taxpayer funds to bribe victims to be quiet is even worse.

#1408601 --- 07/10/13 05:40 PM Re: Sarah Palin Says She Is Considering Run For Alaska [Re: past tense]

Isn't it funny how, even though I posted a lot of substantive information about the topic at hand, cwjga couldn't manage to reply to it?

Weird!

ARGLEBARGLE!

Quote:
Isn't it funny how, even though I posted a lot of substantive information about the topic

No its not!

What's weird is your use of the word "argle bargle"!

Edited by Chicago Jesus (07/10/13 05:40 PM)

#1408602 --- 07/10/13 05:40 PM Re: Sarah Palin Says She Is Considering Run For Alaska [Re: cwjga]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
Substantive response to subject at hand in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

#1408603 --- 07/10/13 05:41 PM Re: Sarah Palin Says She Is Considering Run For Alaska [Re: ]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

It's a one-word shorthand for pretty much everything you & cwjga post. I heart brevity!

#1408609 --- 07/10/13 06:08 PM Re: Sarah Palin Says She Is Considering Run For Alaska [Re: past tense]

It's a one-word shorthand for pretty much everything you & cwjga post. I heart brevity!

It's a throat sound someone makes when they are gagging?

#1408610 --- 07/10/13 06:09 PM Re: Sarah Palin Says She Is Considering Run For Alaska [Re: past tense]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

The idea of Sarah Palin & Joe Miller trying to out-Teatard one another in a primary--to say nothing of Lt. Gov. Treadwell--makes me SO HAPPY. I'm talking days on end of entertainment. Polls show Palin with a lead over Miller & Treadwell in a primary situation.

I'm not sure how the general would turn out. Begich benefited greatly from the Ted Stevens scandal--Stevens would have held that seat forever, were it not for his conviction (ultimately set aside, but he died shortly after in a plane crash). He's not hugely popular, but if he has a good enough turnout in "urban" areas like Anchorage and ... well, Anchorage ... and can get enough Native support, he could retain the seat. Tough to say, though, because Alaska signed on to the VRA challenge that resulted in the recent Supreme Court decision, and it's looking like Alaska is trying to further disenfranchise Native populations. This could hurt voting overall, and particularly moderate/liberal candidates. Ted Stevens was relatively moderate by today's standards.

All I know is, no crying from this lib. Bring it on--I'm going to have a lot of fun if it happens!

I don't think it will, suspecting it's just another Sarah "look at me!" moment. It will also invite a closer look at her residency which most Alaskans know is sporadic these days, the Palins preferring Arizona to Wasilla.

Seriously. Thoughts? Ideas? Insights?

On the actual topic, not just stupid insults?

Above you will see some perspectives of a former resident of the state of Alaska. (Hint: Me.) The above post offers no personal insults toward any posters here, so I know it might be confusing to some, in terms of how to respond.

But does anyone have any actual thoughts on this story? Is it simply a headline grab? Does Sarah have actual intentions to run? Questions about her residency have been swirling since her failed VP bid, and only increased since then--this will be a major issues for Alaskans, particularly if she's collecting a PFD. How will she and Miller square off, particularly since she threw her weight behind him in his bid to unseat Murkowski?

I mean, we could actually discuss this topic guys. For serious.

#1408611 --- 07/10/13 06:18 PM Re: Sarah Palin Says She Is Considering Run For Alaska [Re: ]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY

I just read your post and like always you're full of yourself! And no I did not quote you!

Well, it's not our election. If Alaskans want to elect a quitter, they're more than welcome to it. How does that phrase go? "People get the government they deserve"... or something like that.
I knew you'd be the first to respond. I didn't read what you posted. All it is more of the same garbage!~

I have mine.

Riiiiight.

#1408615 --- 07/10/13 06:52 PM Re: Sarah Palin Says She Is Considering Run For Alaska [Re: past tense]

The idea of Sarah Palin & Joe Miller trying to out-Teatard one another in a primary--to say nothing of Lt. Gov. Treadwell--makes me SO HAPPY. I'm talking days on end of entertainment. Polls show Palin with a lead over Miller & Treadwell in a primary situation.

I'm not sure how the general would turn out. Begich benefited greatly from the Ted Stevens scandal--Stevens would have held that seat forever, were it not for his conviction (ultimately set aside, but he died shortly after in a plane crash). He's not hugely popular, but if he has a good enough turnout in "urban" areas like Anchorage and ... well, Anchorage ... and can get enough Native support, he could retain the seat. Tough to say, though, because Alaska signed on to the VRA challenge that resulted in the recent Supreme Court decision, and it's looking like Alaska is trying to further disenfranchise Native populations. This could hurt voting overall, and particularly moderate/liberal candidates. Ted Stevens was relatively moderate by today's standards.

All I know is, no crying from this lib. Bring it on--I'm going to have a lot of fun if it happens!

I don't think it will, suspecting it's just another Sarah "look at me!" moment. It will also invite a closer look at her residency which most Alaskans know is sporadic these days, the Palins preferring Arizona to Wasilla.

Above you will see some perspectives of a former resident of the state of Alaska. (Hint: Me.) The above post offers no personal insults toward any posters here, so I know it might be confusing to some, in terms of how to respond.

But does anyone have any actual thoughts on this story? Is it simply a headline grab? Does Sarah have actual intentions to run? Questions about her residency have been swirling since her failed VP bid, and only increased since then--this will be a major issues for Alaskans, particularly if she's collecting a PFD. How will she and Miller square off, particularly since she threw her weight behind him in his bid to unseat Murkowski?

Quote:
The idea of Sarah Palin & Joe Miller trying to out-Teatard one another in a primary--to say nothing of Lt. Gov. Treadwell--makes me SO HAPPY.

Quote:

#1408618 --- 07/10/13 07:28 PM Re: Sarah Palin Says She Is Considering Run For Alaska [Re: Timbo]

I have mine.

Riiiiight.

When are you goin' to produce your DD214, big mouth?

Edited by Chicago Jesus (07/10/13 07:41 PM)

#1408621 --- 07/10/13 07:40 PM Re: Sarah Palin Says She Is Considering Run For Alaska [Re: ]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Can you hear the sounds of comedians all over the country celebrating?

Edited by twocats (07/10/13 08:04 PM)

#1408623 --- 07/10/13 07:45 PM Re: Sarah Palin Says She Is Considering Run For Alaska [Re: twocats]

Originally Posted By: twocats
Can you hear the sounds of comedians all over the country celbrating?

I'll celebrate with fireworks when the comedians have the balls to bust on our nitwit president!

#1408628 --- 07/10/13 08:03 PM Re: Sarah Palin Says She Is Considering Run For Alaska [Re: ]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: twocats
Can you hear the sounds of comedians all over the country celbrating?

I'll celebrate with fireworks when the comedians have the balls to bust on our nitwit president!

They are

Best of Leno: NBC's Fired Funnyman Now King of Late Night

#1408634 --- 07/10/13 09:08 PM Re: Sarah Palin Says She Is Considering Run For Alaska [Re: ]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:
The idea of Sarah Palin & Joe Miller trying to out-Teatard one another in a primary--to say nothing of Lt. Gov. Treadwell--makes me SO HAPPY.

Quote:

Why so confused? 99.9% of that post was substantive. And I just called them what they are, anyway.

#1408635 --- 07/10/13 09:10 PM Re: Sarah Palin Says She Is Considering Run For Alaska [Re: past tense]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

#1408636 --- 07/10/13 09:34 PM Re: Sarah Palin Says She Is Considering Run For Alaska [Re: past tense]

Quote:

Quote:

Why so confused? 99.9% of that post was substantive. And I just called them what they are, anyway.

In one post you asked for! "Seriously. Thoughts? Ideas? Insights? On the actual topic, not just stupid insults?"
But in the previously post, you call them "Teatards". I'm confused to what you want....never mind I understand!

#1408638 --- 07/10/13 10:45 PM Re: Sarah Palin Says She Is Considering Run For Alaska [Re: ]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Not

JUST

insults.

Sounds pretty self-explanatory. And it wasn't "in" the post I asked for an actual response, it was in the second post, quoting the first.

And I was insulting THEM--though I don't think calling them what they are is an insult (I don't get insulted when I get called a "libtard"--I'm liberal. The tard part never bothers me, I think it's funny), not any of YOU. That's all you guys do--scream at each other. Someone posts a topic, then you all start arguing about the dumbest stuff and making personal insults.

Let's spend ten pages talking about nothing but having the same stupid arguments over discharge papers and WHO HAD SEXYTIMES IN OFFICE FIRST and ARGLEBARGLE.

Instead of actual ideas.

The forum used to be awesome. Sadz.

Edited by past tense (07/10/13 10:48 PM)

#1408639 --- 07/10/13 10:54 PM Re: Sarah Palin Says She Is Considering Run For Alaska [Re: ]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS

#1408640 --- 07/10/13 11:01 PM Re: Sarah Palin Says She Is Considering Run For Alaska [Re: past tense]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

SO, topic discussion. Let's try to reset this.

Not that I think it will work.

Contrary to Timbo's belief, Palin winning the R nomination for Begich's seat does not guarantee Begich (or another Dem) a win. Alaska is conservative/libertarian and they don't really love Begich. His voting record is uneven--in favor of drilling ANWR (as are most Alaskans), against gun control, in favor of immigration bill, against UN arms treaty, for VAW reauthorization (complicated in Alaska b/c of Native issues vis-a-vis sovereignty), moderate on pro-choice issues, pro-health care, voted to repeal DADT--so it's a mixed bag for voters who are disinclined to vote for a name with a "D" after it.

I'm very curious as to how Palin would do, particularly in the primary phase. I would like to see how she would differentiate herself from Joe Miller, specifically, since she supported him the first time around and versus the current Lt. Gov. who is far more mainstream than Miller. It would be a hell of a primary, but I think Treadwell would do best against Begich. No baggage of being a quitter/grifter (Palin) or a thief (Miller), and both Palin and Miller have had residency questions put Alaskans on their guard. It's especially dicey--residency--because if you collect a PFD you have to sign legal forms declaring you have lived in the state for an entire calendar year, save specific allowable absences. People are convicted of PFD fraud if they are caught lying, living elsewhere.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >