FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1408576 - 07/10/13 12:19 PM Gun Nut/Activist Arrested on Drug, Weapons Charges
Timbo Offline

Loc: CNY

Adam Kokesh has said he made the video in an act of civil disobedience.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio...hotgun/2504911/

Gun rights activist Adam Kokesh, who was shown in a video illegally loading a shotgun in downtown Washington on July 4th in a self-described act of civil disobedience, has been arrested at his Virginia home on state drug and weapons charges.

U.S. Park Police spokeswoman Lt. Pamela Smith said the former Marine was served with a warrant and arrested at his home in Herndon, Va., on Tuesday night.

Kokesh, who has mounted high-profile protests in the past, initially announced his arrest on his website.

"We were expecting this. We were expecting the government to raid our house," Darrell Young, Kokesh's roommate, tells WRC-TV.

The Washington Post, citing charging documents, reports that officers took Kokesh into custody for alleged possession of hallucinogenic mushrooms while also having a gun, which carries a minimum sentence of two years in prison.

WRC also said Kokesh had refused to leave his cell Wednesday morning for his arraignment.

U.S. Park Police Lt. Pamela Smith tells USA TODAY that the agency executed a search warrant at Kokesh's home and arrested him on state weapons and drug charges.

Marine Corps veteran Adam Kokesh, was arrested Tuesday in Virginia on federal charges related to a video he made in downtown Washington showing him loading a shotgun in violation of local law.

Smith declined to discuss the specifics of the federal warrant. Officials at the U.S. Park Police, which oversees Freedom Plaza in Washington where the video was made last week, said earlier that they were investigating the video incident.

Lt. Jim Moore of the Herndon, Va., police confirmed Kokesh's arrest to USA TODAY but said it was a federal operation and that his officers were only there to "hold the perimeter" and keep the street blocked.

He confirmed that Kokesh was arrested on federal charges related to narcotics possession and weapons violations linked to the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-sAGGoPidEY

In its account of the arrest, Kokesh's website statement claims that officers did not announce they had a warrant, used a battering ram to knock down his door and employed a flash bang grenade in the foyer of his house.

The website also claims that numerous police vehicle, including a light-armored vehicle and two helicopters, were used to block the streets while 20 armored SWAT team members surrounded his house.

"At one point, Adam politely requested to use the restroom and was kicked by the officer forcing him to sit handcuffed on the floor," the statement said.

Moore said he had no details on the circumstances of Kokesh's arrest because his officers were not directly involved in taking him into custody. Kokesh was being held at the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center.

In the video, entitled "Open Carry March on DC A Success," which was posted on YouTube, Kokesh speaks directly into the camera while loading the weapon.

"We will not obey, we will not allow our government to destroy our humanity," he says."We are the final American revolution. See you next Independence Day.""

Kokesh told NBC4 News on Monday that he had indeed loaded the weapon with live ammo in the morning of July 4th in downtown Washington.

He said it did not make sense that he could have a gun on one side of the Potomac river, in Virginia, and not the other.

"I was ready to stand by my word, and I was ready to commit the civil disobedience that I had committed to," he said.

Kokesh had planned to lead a group of activists armed with weapons across the bridge from Virginia into Washington on July 4 but canceled the event, urging supporters instead to demonstrate at the state capitols.

FingerLakes1.com
#1408672 - 07/11/13 10:03 AM Re: Gun Nut/Activist Arrested on Drug, Weapons Charges [Re: Timbo]
Greymane Offline

Loc: Central PA
My two key questions would be...

If you "expected" this, why would you have illegal drugs in your house?

Twenty SWAT officers, an APC and two helicopters? Was the 2nd Marine Division not available?

#1408700 - 07/11/13 04:00 PM Re: Gun Nut/Activist Arrested on Drug, Weapons Charges [Re: Greymane]
Timbo Offline

Hence the term Gun NUT.

How do you propose they should have arrested someone who claims to own a couple hundred firearms and has publicly called for an armed conflict against the US government, an RSVP?

Is anyone actually surprised at this revelation?

#1408755 - 07/12/13 08:34 AM Re: Gun Nut/Activist Arrested on Drug, Weapons Charges [Re: Timbo]
MeRightYouWrong Offline

Loc: Mountain of Truth
Kokesh is doing exactly what he is supposed to be doing, which is to make gun owners look like drug-crazed, idiotic, dangerous nuts to the anti-gun crowd. The vast majority of gun owners do not side with him and consider him just as much a nut as anybody else would.

#1408771 - 07/12/13 10:25 AM Re: Gun Nut/Activist Arrested on Drug, Weapons Charges [Re: MeRightYouWrong]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: MeRightYouWrong
Kokesh is doing exactly what he is supposed to be doing, which is to make gun owners look like drug-crazed, idiotic, dangerous nuts to the anti-gun crowd. The vast majority of gun owners do not side with him and consider him just as much a nut as anybody else would.

Maybe, maybe not. What's certain, is that more than a couple FL1 forum members DO side with him, and have said as much.

If that statistic translates into the general population, I am more in support of strong gun control measures, than ever.

#1408774 - 07/12/13 11:52 AM Re: Gun Nut/Activist Arrested on Drug, Weapons Charges [Re: Timbo]
Rich_Tallcot Offline

Loc: Greeneville, TN
IF is a big word. I doubt you could be more in support of gun control than you are.

Kokesh said it did not make sense that he could have a gun on one side of the Potomac river, in Virginia, and not the other.

I disagree with him. Each state has their own laws as per the Constitution and even if it were legal, he proved himself to be a nut by displaying arrogance and ignorance in publically displaying a loaded gun within the city limits, videotaping it and publically posting the video in addition to having hallucinogenic mushrooms.

As for the federal arrest procedures, that has been SOP for years. But if he were an illegal alien with a gun obtained through Fast and Furious then Obama would have probably blocked his website and granted him amnesty.

I agree with MeRightYouWrong.

Which more than a couple FL1 forum members DO side with him, and have said as much. Or is that just your interpretation because they disagree with you on gun rights?

#1408786 - 07/12/13 01:45 PM Re: Gun Nut/Activist Arrested on Drug, Weapons Charges [Re: Rich_Tallcot]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: Rich_Tallcot
I doubt you could be more in support of gun control than you are.

Care to share exactly what you 'perceive' my position is on the issue?

Of course you don't, since you haven't a clue.

#1408790 - 07/12/13 02:25 PM Re: Gun Nut/Activist Arrested on Drug, Weapons Charges [Re: Timbo]
Rich_Tallcot Offline

The clue is YOU stated the word "more" and refused to say WHICH forum members side with him.

Typically your reply is more generalizations with no specific facts.

#1408791 - 07/12/13 02:27 PM Re: Gun Nut/Activist Arrested on Drug, Weapons Charges [Re: Rich_Tallcot]
Timbo Offline

The clue is YOU stated the word "more" and refused to say WHICH forum members side with him.

They know who they are and likely so do you. Deal with it.

#1408792 - 07/12/13 02:34 PM Re: Gun Nut/Activist Arrested on Drug, Weapons Charges [Re: Timbo]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: Timbo
I doubt you could be more in support of gun control than you are.

Care to share exactly what you 'perceive' my position is on the issue?

Of course you don't, since you haven't a clue.

What, no comment?

#1408793 - 07/12/13 02:38 PM Re: Gun Nut/Activist Arrested on Drug, Weapons Charges [Re: Rich_Tallcot]
Timbo Offline

Typically your reply is more generalizations with no specific facts.

Fastest edit in the west.

#1408798 - 07/12/13 03:31 PM Re: Gun Nut/Activist Arrested on Drug, Weapons Charges [Re: Timbo]
Rich_Tallcot Offline

It was YOU who stated "more . . . than ever". And made a claim about forum users with no substantiation and a non reply with no facts.

As YOU posted earlier
http://forums.fingerlakes1.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1408772&page=0&fpart=26

If you make claims (especially controversial ones) the onus is upon YOU to back up the claim. Otherwise it's unsubstantiated BS.

The Calvin and Hobbes cartoon fits you to a T. You don't follow your own rules. \:\)

#1408800 - 07/12/13 03:42 PM Re: Gun Nut/Activist Arrested on Drug, Weapons Charges [Re: Rich_Tallcot]
Wyatt Earp Offline

Loc: Right behind you, Stilwell
"More than a couple"

Chicago Jesus
Skysoldier
DR117
Ididit
VM Smith

#1408806 - 07/12/13 05:55 PM Re: Gun Nut/Activist Arrested on Drug, Weapons Charges [Re: Rich_Tallcot]
Timbo Offline

It was YOU who stated "more . . . than ever". And made a claim about forum users with no substantiation and a non reply with no facts.

As YOU posted earlier
http://forums.fingerlakes1.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1408772&page=0&fpart=26

If you make claims (especially controversial ones) the onus is upon YOU to back up the claim. Otherwise it's unsubstantiated BS.

The Calvin and Hobbes cartoon fits you to a T. You don't follow your own rules. \:\)

There's nothing controversial about it. Anybody who frequents the General Interest portion of these forums knows it to be true. If you missed the daily briefings, you can ask around, otherwise, your'e free to peruse the aforementioned forums and find out for yourself.

But let's not turn this into a discussion about me. It's clearly about a drug addled gun kook who wants to overthrow the government... so tell us a little about YOU.

FYI, that link is dead.

#1408816 - 07/12/13 07:40 PM Re: Gun Nut/Activist Arrested on Drug, Weapons Charges [Re: Timbo]
Rich_Tallcot Offline

Last I knew he had not been proven guilty of the charges and you have already added planning to overthrow the government. Where did you get that "fact"? From the article you posted?

You even think like Obama. It is a wonder you did not promote assassination without trial. It would not be the first time for King O.

I gave my opinion and believe he is a nut case based on the posts and allegations. Opinions and allegations are not the same as proof of guilt.

#1408821 - 07/12/13 07:59 PM Re: Gun Nut/Activist Arrested on Drug, Weapons Charges [Re: Rich_Tallcot]
Wyatt Earp Offline

Loc: Right behind you, Stilwell

#1408824 - 07/12/13 08:11 PM Re: Gun Nut/Activist Arrested on Drug, Weapons Charges [Re: Wyatt Earp]
Rich_Tallcot Offline

ThinkProgress is hardly a non biased web site and supporting illegal aliens and promoting Harry Reid to fix the senate is a joke.

But I was not aware the nut case had a following and that is why I asked. Thanks for the link.

#1408835 - 07/13/13 01:17 AM Re: Gun Nut/Activist Arrested on Drug, Weapons Charges [Re: Rich_Tallcot]
Timbo Offline

Last I knew he had not been proven guilty of the charges and you have already added planning to overthrow the government. Where did you get that "fact"? From the article you posted?

You even think like Obama. It is a wonder you did not promote assassination without trial. It would not be the first time for King O.

I gave my opinion and believe he is a nut case based on the posts and allegations. Opinions and allegations are not the same as proof of guilt.

There's this newfangled moving picture gadget what has words and everything... it's called a video camera, but if someone records you with it, it can steal your soul.

#1408858 - 07/13/13 10:14 AM Re: Gun Nut/Activist Arrested on Drug, Weapons Charges [Re: Rich_Tallcot]
Timbo Offline

ThinkProgress is hardly a non biased web site and supporting illegal aliens and promoting Harry Reid to fix the senate is a joke.

But I was not aware the nut case had a following and that is why I asked.

Oops, never mind.

#1408859 - 07/13/13 10:18 AM Re: Gun Nut/Activist Arrested on Drug, Weapons Charges [Re: Rich_Tallcot]
Timbo Offline

Now would you please explain what Obama, Fast and Furious, Harry Reid and Immigration, etc., have to do with this discussion?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >