FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1407374 - 06/30/13 07:11 AM Glen Theater-Are They Closed?
BigDogs Offline

Loc: LittleDog, NY
We are big fans of The Glen Theater, but now the web page is blank and phone lines not answered. Nothing in The Odessa File about it that we could find. Does anyone know anything please?

FingerLakes1.com
#1407375 - 06/30/13 07:35 AM Re: Glen Theater-Are They Closed? [Re: BigDogs]
Geedog Offline

Loc: NY
From reading the posts on their FB page, new management and will be closed about a month.

https://www.facebook.com/theglentheater

#1407396 - 06/30/13 09:52 AM Re: Glen Theater-Are They Closed? [Re: Geedog]
Forest Girl Offline

Loc: The Heights
I was wondering why their website was blank, but I hadn't gotten around to calling yet. Thanks for the info. I hope that the new management doesn't make too many changes. We love going there!

#1407439 - 06/30/13 01:03 PM Re: Glen Theater-Are They Closed? [Re: BigDogs]
Gluskap Offline

Loc: Finger Lakes
From The Odessa File: (This story is located near the bottom of their home page now)

Glen Theater closes, but will be reopening

The Glen Theater was closed Thursday as a management change took place. Tim Bonomo, a Corning Community College business professor who owns the Palace Theater in Corning, will manage the Watkins facility in conjunction with property owner Robert Wylie of Painted Post. Bonomo said he expects to have the Glen Theater up and running again in about a month -- pending the acquisition of new digital projection equipment. "That's a reasonable guesstimate," he said. The Glen Theater's sister operation -- the Heights Theater -- was also closed and will be open in perhaps two weeks, Bonomo said. Any patrons with issues regarding the past theater operation -- such as in the area of gift certificates they purchased -- should contact former Glen Theater business owner Erich Herzig, Bonomo said. Herzig was not available for comment.

#1409416 - 07/17/13 03:21 PM Re: Glen Theater-Are They Closed? [Re: Gluskap]
Gluskap Offline

Loc: Finger Lakes
http://www.stargazette.com/article/20130...?nclick_check=1

Watkins Glen theater to reopen Wednesday

Written by
Staff report
@stargazette

WATKINS GLEN — The Watkins Glen Theater, at 112 N. Franklin St. in the village, has scheduled its reopening for Wednesday .

The schedule for the first week can be found at http://www.watkinsglentheater.com and the theater will be featuring “Turbo,” an animated family film, and the comedy “Grown Ups 2.”

Theater owner Tim Bonomo said: “Watkins Glen is a very unique market and I am glad that we were able to reopen the theater. The thought of a grand old theater like this one ‘going dark’ is very sad and so we are relying on our friends and patrons to keep us going.”

Watkins Glen Theater will continue to be a first-run venue and has added new digital projection components