FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1405816 - 06/19/13 05:01 PM No fireworks
j3668py Offline

Loc: new york
The Yates county sheriff's department will be arresting anyone who possesses or uses illegal fireworks this 4 of July, the arrest of a keuka park man who discharged some fireworks has already taken place. A spokesperson for the county's sheriff department claim that the department will no longer look the other way, when ask if the law will be applied to Yates county legislators who use fireworks, the answer was anyone in possession of or using fireworks will be arrested.

FingerLakes1.com
#1405851 - 06/19/13 11:04 PM Re: No fireworks [Re: j3668py]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
Thanks for that public service announcement. I am guessing they will arrest someone if they receive a complaint. They better put a lot of extra help on the 4th. I usually see about 40 violations within a mile of my place every year.

#1406307 - 06/24/13 12:28 AM Re: No fireworks [Re: Mean Gene]
PY tax Payer Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY USA
I have watched fire works from that empty field between the lumber yard and the rest. for years. I have seen both law cars pull in and drive back out. You are right Gene, when they get a compliant....

#1406353 - 06/24/13 10:11 AM Re: No fireworks [Re: PY tax Payer]
Mean Gene Offline

Originally Posted By: PY tax Payer
I have watched fire works from that empty field between the lumber yard and the rest. for years. I have seen both law cars pull in and drive back out. You are right Gene, when they get a compliant....

I wish my wife would say that more often!! \:\)

#1406377 - 06/24/13 12:35 PM Re: No fireworks [Re: j3668py]
Samuel Offline

Loc: Potter, NY
Originally Posted By: j3668py
The Yates county sheriff's department will be arresting anyone who possesses or uses illegal fireworks this 4 of July, the arrest of a keuka park man who discharged some fireworks has already taken place. A spokesperson for the county's sheriff department claim that the department will no longer look the other way, when ask if the law will be applied to Yates county legislators who use fireworks, the answer was anyone in possession of or using fireworks will be arrested.

I'd rather have them offer over time to get the drunks off the road rather than worry about fireworks.

#1406545 - 06/25/13 05:00 PM Re: No fireworks [Re: j3668py]
Enigma3 Offline

Loc: Yates county
If what you hear is right and the YCSD will arrest those who shoot off fireworks, then there goes a very long standing tradition on Keuka Lake. Fireworks on the lake on the 4th goes back over 50 years. I have never, and I repeat, never heard of anyone being seriously injured because of this. No property damage either. If you have never seen this most wonderful event, I highly recommend it. There are fireworks as far as the eye can see on the PY branch that last for a good 90 minutes. Let us hope they ignore the fireworks shot out over the lake. If not the policy is total BS. To paraphrase Gene, that would mean 40 or more arrests on the east branch alone. Yea, right.

#1408024 - 07/05/13 09:09 AM Re: No fireworks [Re: Enigma3]
Mean Gene Offline

The Northeast branch of Keuka Lake lit it up again last night! The fireworks displays were great. Waiting to read the papers to see if any of the 40 different places I could see fireworks being touched off resulted in any arrests. \:\)
Someone on the East side decided to do their thing the night before. I think they must have hired a professional as it was one heck of a show that went on for over 20 minutes with a grand finale at the end.
NY needs to legalize fireworks and reap the sales tax revenue they are missing out on!!

So lets see, I could legally shoot my firearm to celebrate the 4th but not fireworks?

#1408025 - 07/05/13 09:23 AM Re: No fireworks [Re: Mean Gene]
JMIKE123 Offline

Loc: Penn Yan
New to this forum. Back in area after 30 years. We watched the fireworks in Branchport (which were impressive), and then cruised by dozens of private displays which were also fun. Good to be back and hoping the fireworks stay.

#1408028 - 07/05/13 10:12 AM Re: No fireworks [Re: JMIKE123]
PY tax Payer Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY USA
yes they were very good... I like all the ones at the north end of the lake near PY too