FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1405342 - 06/16/13 03:59 PM Shots Fired in Phelps
newsman38 Offline

Loc: Fourth Estate
Shots Fired in Phelps

Around 3 p.m. Sunday, Seneca County Sheriff's office reported shots fired on Route 96 & Route 88 in the Town of Phelps.

According to the scanner, two black males in a black Avenger fired shots and were reloading. Police called for a back-up at the scene.

One suspect took off on foot and one in the black Avenger.

One suspect has been apprehended. Police are still searching for other suspect. Reports say, he is on foot. He is wearing a red sweatshirt and denim jeans.

Route 96 west bound has been shut down in the search.

Weapons were recovered at the scene.

Ontario and Seneca County Sheriff's are being assisted by State Police.

6/16/2013 3:31:13 PM
By Tiffany Collinsworth

FingerLakes1.com
#1405344 - 06/16/13 04:45 PM Re: Shots Fired in Phelps [Re: newsman38]
Dizzyt Offline

Loc: NY
Supposedly this started on Border City Road, my kids were with their father and went to Lowes. They were driving back towards Phelps and heard gunshots being fired at that point. They went up Forge Ave and saw the Police chasing the vehicle which led them out to Route 96 and the overpass bridge on Route 14. Police and OCS are all over the Phelps area with guns in hands looking for a suspect that is still on the loose.

Isaac Asimov

#1405346 - 06/16/13 05:14 PM Re: Shots Fired in Phelps [Re: Dizzyt]
Let's be frank Offline

We were just near the projects on North St. in Geneva when we distinctly heard 4 shots. We weren't sure where the shots were coming from or who was shooting at whom but the red car (compact sedan) in front of us turned off to the right at a very fast speed (the tires squeeled). Somehow I think the red car in front (that turned off towards the projects)either was doing the shooting or was the one being shot but everything happened so quickly it was hard to tell what was going on - our grandkids thought it was "fireworks", and none of us really SAW any positive proof that it was a shooting. We saw 4 police cars rush down Route 14, so let them pass - and figured they had it under control. Oddly enough, I looked at the clock in our car and it read 3:01 so I'm not sure how they got to PHELPS that quickly (or maybe our car clock is really "off" time-wise).

#1405350 - 06/16/13 05:58 PM Re: Shots Fired in Phelps [Re: Let's be frank]
Dizzyt Offline

Yes, you were right near where my kids and their father were. They turned onto Forge Ave and in their case the shots being fired were coming from a truck, therefore there are two vehicles involved. My kids said as they got to Route 14 at the end of Forge Avenue they saw the truck again flying up route 14 North towards the Thruway, Police chasing them at a high rate of speed. At this point, the kids and their father saw on the bridge overpass over route 14 on Route 96 the Red Avenger was pulled over with cops and the pick up truck was still being chased. Therefore, it sounds as though these two vehicles were all up to something together. Pretty scary if you ask me. Thank goodness my children and their father are safe and did not get hurt. They didn't know what the noise was, they thought gunshots but then said it sounded like fireworks too, then when they saw the truck passing people recklessly and speeding off they figured it out that it was indeed gunshots. Geneva's going to hell in a hand basket quickly, broad daylight and shooting out of vehicles. Little Rochester sounds like a very appropriate name for this City lately~!

Isaac Asimov

#1405351 - 06/16/13 06:10 PM Re: Shots Fired in Phelps [Re: Dizzyt]
Let's be frank Offline

Wow! One might come to expect these things on a Saturday night (drug deal gone sour?) but on a "peaceful Sunday afternoon"?? Glad your kids (and our grandkids) were all OK. We didn't see a truck, though, just the red car I mentioned. Who knows?? Maybe a LOT of people were involved (the black Avenger car, the truck, the red car)?? We had our windows rolled down to "appreciate" the beautiful breezy day - scary!

#1405352 - 06/16/13 06:17 PM Re: Shots Fired in Phelps [Re: Let's be frank]
Let's be frank Offline

I might add that we know a very nice pastor whose daughter sent the grandkids to live with him in Geneva because in New Jersey where the Mom lived....there were just too many "drive-by shootings" and innocent bystanders getting hurt.

#1405364 - 06/16/13 09:21 PM Re: Shots Fired in Phelps [Re: Let's be frank]
sammich90 Offline

Loc: waterloo
any updates on whats happening?? The lockdown is right where my family is and I'm slightly freaking out.

#1405370 - 06/16/13 09:53 PM Re: Shots Fired in Phelps [Re: sammich90]
threesons Offline

Loc: Hysteria Lane
I only know they haven't been caught and that the police are searching near the route 88 area. I'm texting a friend who lives near there.

When you look at your investments and wet your pants.

#1405373 - 06/16/13 10:08 PM Re: Shots Fired in Phelps [Re: threesons]

Society is collapsing.

#1405375 - 06/16/13 10:13 PM Re: Shots Fired in Phelps [Re: ]
Frisco kid Offline

Loc: Constantia NY
People get either shot or stabbed within 5 miles of my house just about everyday. You just get used to it, nothing you can do.

#1405376 - 06/16/13 10:18 PM Re: Shots Fired in Phelps [Re: Frisco kid]
sammich90 Offline

I just wonder which parts of the woods they decided to try to hide out in.

#1405377 - 06/16/13 10:38 PM Re: Shots Fired in Phelps [Re: Frisco kid]
Lucinda Knotts Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Frisco kid
People get either shot or stabbed within 5 miles of my house just about everyday. You just get used to it, nothing you can do.
Yup. A lot can happen in an area of 78 square miles.

#1405381 - 06/16/13 10:59 PM Re: Shots Fired in Phelps [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
threesons Offline

Loc: Hysteria Lane
A lot of people are being impacted by this right now. There are reports the suspects are in the Phelps/Marbletown area...where I and many of my friends and co-workers live. Quit being jerks.

When you look at your investments and wet your pants.

#1405383 - 06/16/13 11:11 PM Re: Shots Fired in Phelps [Re: sammich90]

Originally Posted By: sammich90
I just wonder which parts of the woods they decided to try to hide out in.

lol ghetto thug scumbags trying to hide out and survive in the woods. Just thinking about it makes me smile.

#1405388 - 06/16/13 11:23 PM Re: Shots Fired in Phelps [Re: threesons]
Frisco kid Offline

Loc: Constantia NY
Originally Posted By: threesons
A lot of people are being impacted by this right now. There are reports the suspects are in the Phelps/Marbletown area...where I and many of my friends and co-workers live. Quit being jerks.

Jerkfaces.
I hate ya.

Sorry.
I stated a fact, not discounting your situation. I can't see them making it to your house without help.

#1405409 - 06/17/13 03:30 AM Re: Shots Fired in Phelps [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
Mellow One Offline

Loc: Waterloo,NY
Originally Posted By: Lucinda Knotts
Originally Posted By: Frisco kid
Yup. A lot can happen in an area of 78 square miles.

You never know these days what's out in the dark and now in broad day light. To think Cuomo wants your you guns, while we pay for his security that have large capacity magazines. Now that's just not fair. We can have a mag that holds 10 rounds but be trusted to load only 7. Ok I'm a trustworthy person so I am keeping all my 30/40/& 100 rounders' and only loading 7 rounds.
That's fair isn't it ? Just so when the SHTF I'll be ready.
Something the BSA taught me, "Always be prepared is our motto
so why change it now? Why carry 200 magazine when you only need to carry 35 to equal the same amount of ammo. That's my 1st amendment rights to enjoy my freedom which is taken away as I type. Only in Amerika. Cuomo & Obama are dictators and that's not what our country of America is about, is it?

#1405424 - 06/17/13 05:57 AM Re: Shots Fired in Phelps [Re: Mellow One]
young guns Offline

Loc: USA
78 square mile covers quite an area. I don't think these criminals are from Phelps myself. I liked to own a ranch that size.

#1405430 - 06/17/13 07:11 AM Re: Shots Fired in Phelps [Re: Dizzyt]
Dizzyt Offline

The correct story does not involve an Avenger, but rather a truck, just as my kids had witnessed on East North Street

One suspect shot, two at-large in Ontario Co.

FingerLakes1.com
6/17/13 @ 12:24 am

On Sunday afternoon at 2:57 pm, officers of the Geneva Police Department responded to a several calls of shots fired call on E. North Street, involving a black truck and other unknown parties. Upon arrival responding Geneva Police Officers located the truck involved and attempted a traffic stop.

The truck and its driver failed to stop and a pursuit on Route 14 North to 96 North was initiated at which time the truck lost control in the area of 302 Route 96 North, Ontario County. The driver of said vehicle exited the vehicle, displayed and pointed a handgun at the Officers and was subsequently shot by Geneva Police Officers. The suspect was taken via ambulance to Strong Memorial Hospital and was released to Ontario County Sheriffs after evaluation where he remains in custody. Two or three other suspects exited the vehicle and fled on foot and are sought.

An intense ground and air search continues at the time of this press release. The Ontario County Sheriff’s Department is coordinating the effort in the search for up to three others suspects and the Officer involved shooting Investigation as it occurred outside of the City of Geneva. No Officers were injured.

Ontario County Sheriff’s Department, NYSP Troopers, NYSP Aviation Unit, Seneca County Sheriff’s Department, & Ontario County District Attorney’s Office, NYS Parole & Departments from Wayne County all assisted in this investigation.
Anyone

Originally Posted By: Dizzyt
Yes, you were right near where my kids and their father were. They turned onto Forge Ave and in their case the shots being fired were coming from a truck, therefore there are two vehicles involved. My kids said as they got to Route 14 at the end of Forge Avenue they saw the truck again flying up route 14 North towards the Thruway, Police chasing them at a high rate of speed. At this point, the kids and their father saw on the bridge overpass over route 14 on Route 96 the Red Avenger was pulled over with cops and the pick up truck was still being chased. Therefore, it sounds as though these two vehicles were all up to something together. Pretty scary if you ask me. Thank goodness my children and their father are safe and did not get hurt. They didn't know what the noise was, they thought gunshots but then said it sounded like fireworks too, then when they saw the truck passing people recklessly and speeding off they figured it out that it was indeed gunshots. Geneva's going to hell in a hand basket quickly, broad daylight and shooting out of vehicles. Little Rochester sounds like a very appropriate name for this City lately~!

Isaac Asimov

#1405443 - 06/17/13 09:01 AM Re: Shots Fired in Phelps [Re: Dizzyt]
dottiehuckle Offline

Loc: P-CS, NY
http://fingerlakes.ynn.com/content/top_s...-men-in-phelps/

Second Suspect in Custody as Search Continues for Armed Men in Phelps
------
Police have two men in custody and are searching for two others they believe to be armed and dangerous in the town of Phelps in Ontario County. Geneva Police tell us investigators are questioning a second suspect.

Ontario County Sheriff's deputies say it all started when they responded to a call for shots fired on East North Street in Geneva. They say up to four men in a car led police on a chase, which ended in a crash.

"At least two suspects, at least possibly four that exited the vehicle. One of the suspects had a firearm on him, displayed it, pointed it at one of my officers. At that time he reacted, and that suspect was shot in the arm. At that time the suspects fled into the woods," said the Chief of the Geneva Police Department Jeffrey Trickler.

"We're asking them to stay in their homes and if they see anyone that seems suspicious, if they're not familiar with them in the area, please call 911," said Undersheriff David Tillman of Ontario County.

The one suspect who was shot was taken to Strong Hospital.

Police urge anyone who sees someone suspicious to call 911.

YNN has a reporter on scene and will bring you the latest as it becomes available.

#1405447 - 06/17/13 09:18 AM Re: Shots Fired in Phelps [Re: dottiehuckle]
sammich90 Offline

So they found one guy but still need to find 2 more and they took down the blocks and stuff. That kind of scares me that there's 2 more who knows where!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >