FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1399612 - 04/30/13 08:09 PM Emmylou Harris, Rodney Crowell headline Grassroots
newsman38 Offline

Loc: Fourth Estate
2013 LINEUP:

Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell
Donna the Buffalo
Festival au Désert - Caravan for Peace (Feat. Mamadou Kelly, Tartit, Imharhan)
Rusted Root
Fatoumata Diawara
Rubblebucket
Aurelio Martinez
John Brown's Body
Spam Allstars
Keith Frank & the Soileau Zydeco Band
Chatham County Line
Campbell Brothers
Sophistafunk
Giant Panda Guerrilla Dub Squad
The Sim Redmond Band
Thousands of One
Driftwood
The Town Pants
Pine Leaf Boys
Suénalo
The Duhks
Blackfire
Elastic Bond
The Flying Clouds
Galumpha
Jim Lauderdale
Preston Frank & his Zydeco Family Band
Samite
The Horse Flies
Keith Secola & the Wild Band of Indians
The Gunpoets
The Believers
Walter Mouton & the Scott Playboys
Kevin Kinsella
Jennie Lowe Stearns
Jones Benally Family Dance Troupe
The Mad Tea
Mac Benford and Up South
Moontee Sinquah
Plastic Nebraska
Mary Brett Lorson and the Soubrettes
The Blind Spots
Bronwen Exter
Atsiaktonkie
The Speckers
Johnny Dowd
The Notorious String Busters
Rockwood Ferry
Nery Arevalo
First North American Lunar
Diwas Gurung
Bobby Henrie & the Goners
Randy Dean Whitt
Answer the Muse
The Sutras
Paso Fino
The Grady Girls
Kites in Space
The Double E
Uniit
The Sound Awake
Park Doing
Tzar
Calico Moon
Kenny T & Wildfire
The Tin Teardrops
Milkweed
Max Garcia Conover
Hectorworks Sound System
DJ Cappel
Equanimous Minds
DJ Bill Kelly
DJ Richard McVay
Bubba George Stringband
The GrassRoots Festival Chamber Orchestra
… and more!

FingerLakes1.com
#1399625 - 05/01/13 04:17 AM Re: Emmylou Harris, Rodney Crowell headline Grassroots [Re: newsman38]
Pretzel_Logic Offline

Loc: Overt
oh boy!...Galumpha!

#1401140 - 05/11/13 10:10 AM Re: Emmylou Harris, Rodney Crowell headline Grassroots [Re: Pretzel_Logic]
Blue_man Offline

Loc: Required, FD
I like Emmylou Harris. The rest of them are the same acts that play every year and often show up in the bars around Ithaca. And since I don't smoke pot and my wife shaves her legs, I think I'll pass.

#1407650 - 07/02/13 02:18 PM Re: Emmylou Harris, Rodney Crowell headline Grassroots [Re: Blue_man]
Kitty Offline

Loc: Chucking wood
I'm going to try to go, just to see her.

#1407948 - 07/04/13 09:07 AM Re: Emmylou Harris, Rodney Crowell headline Grassroots [Re: Blue_man]
Forest Girl Offline

Loc: The Heights
Originally Posted By: Blue_man
I like Emmylou Harris. The rest of them are the same acts that play every year and often show up in the bars around Ithaca. And since I don't smoke pot and my wife shaves her legs, I think I'll pass.

With that level of ignorance it's just as well that you do. We saw the Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad at the Big Splash concert two summers ago and they were great!

#1407950 - 07/04/13 09:23 AM Re: Emmylou Harris, Rodney Crowell headline Grassroots [Re: Forest Girl]
BigRed Offline

Loc: ny
Originally Posted By: Forest Girl

With that level of ignorance it's just as well that you do. We saw the Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad at the Big Splash concert two summers ago and they were great!

GPGDS plays in the area all the time. They are only slightly less ubiquitous than Sim Redmond and Donna the Buffalo.

#1407951 - 07/04/13 09:38 AM Re: Emmylou Harris, Rodney Crowell headline Grassroots [Re: BigRed]
Forest Girl Offline

Originally Posted By: BigRed
GPGDS plays in the area all the time. They are only slightly less ubiquitous than Sim Redmond and Donna the Buffalo.

That's probably true, but it was my first time seeing them. I don't get out to hear bands much anymore. I can't stay up that late!

#1407970 - 07/04/13 11:44 AM Re: Emmylou Harris, Rodney Crowell headline Grassroots [Re: Forest Girl]
BigRed Offline

Loc: ny
Originally Posted By: Forest Girl

That's probably true, but it was my first time seeing them. I don't get out to hear bands much anymore. I can't stay up that late!

Then you should probably skip their show at Grassroots. They are playing at 1:00 am on Thursday/early Friday.

#1407980 - 07/04/13 12:59 PM Re: Emmylou Harris, Rodney Crowell headline Grassroots [Re: BigRed]
Forest Girl Offline

Then you should probably skip their show at Grassroots. They are playing at 1:00 am on Thursday/early Friday.

I can't even remember the last time that I stayed up that late! The only time that I see that hour these days is when I have to get up in the middle of the night. Perhaps they'll make another appearance at this year's Big Splash. That concert runs during my kind of hours!

#1407982 - 07/04/13 01:06 PM Re: Emmylou Harris, Rodney Crowell headline Grassroots [Re: Forest Girl]
Kitty Offline

Loc: Chucking wood
Quote:
The only time that I see that hour these days is when I have to get up in the middle of the night.

Me, too, either to head to the bathroom, or see what the noise was, and what the cats did THIS time.

#1408248 - 07/07/13 02:32 PM Re: Emmylou Harris, Rodney Crowell headline Grassroots [Re: Blue_man]
alummule Offline

Loc: yes

Good Deal glad you are passing.

#1408252 - 07/07/13 02:44 PM Re: Emmylou Harris, Rodney Crowell headline Grassroots [Re: alummule]
Teonan Offline

Loc: Cayuga bioregion
Originally Posted By: alummule

Good Deal glad you are passing.

Blue man ran that same goofy line last year.

GrassRoots Festival of Music and Dance. It's a beautiful thing.

#1409831 - 07/20/13 01:04 PM Arrests at Grassroots [Re: Teonan]
newsman38 Offline

2 arrested at GrassRoots Festival

TRUMANSBURG — Police made two arrests at the GrassRoots Festival on Thursday.

Amy L. Schenk, 21, of Naples, was found unable to care for herself and was arrested under the New York State Mental Health Law — emergency services for a persons intoxicated, impaired or incapacitated by alcohol and/or substances. Schenk was taken by ambulance to Cayuga Medical Center and admitted for evaluation and treatment.

Carman D. Dechellis, 52, of Ithaca, was arrested and charged with trespass after entering the festival without paying admission. Dechellis was issued an appearance ticket returnable to the Town of Ulysses court on July 29.

Copyright © 2013 http://www.ithacajournal.com. All rights reserved.

#1409832 - 07/20/13 01:14 PM Re: Arrests at Grassroots [Re: newsman38]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Oh, the horrors! An intoxicated 21 year old and a person who snuck in without paying. Sounds like a dangerous event. Keep us informed newsman38, so we are aware of the dangers in that god-forsaken county!

#1409837 - 07/20/13 02:39 PM Re: Arrests at Grassroots [Re: twocats]
newsman38 Offline

Originally Posted By: newsman38

Copyright © 2013 http://www.ithacajournal.com

#1409856 - 07/20/13 07:04 PM Re: Arrests at Grassroots [Re: newsman38]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS

Copyright © 2013 http://www.ithacajournal.com

Thank you so much for scouring the local publications to bring us news of these awful happenings down there at Grassroots. If it weren't for your tenacious reporting of the criminal elements in Tompkins County, we all might just venture out and try something new, something different. Thanks to you, we all know it's obviously far too dangerous in that god-forsaken county for the average fear-mongerer. Maybe you can do the world a huge favor and publish a "Tompkins Times," similar to this one from Wayne County:

http://www.waynetimes.com/category/news

Thanks for keeping us informed on the important issues!

#1409859 - 07/20/13 07:22 PM Re: Arrests at Grassroots [Re: twocats]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Originally Posted By: twocats
Oh, the horrors! An intoxicated 21 year old and a person who snuck in without paying. Sounds like a dangerous event. Keep us informed newsman38, so we are aware of the dangers in that god-forsaken county!

I hear that there are drugs there, too. OTOH, that's better than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIZ2DrVbQ-A

#1409861 - 07/20/13 07:27 PM Re: Arrests at Grassroots [Re: twocats]
Gluskap Offline

Loc: Finger Lakes
Originally Posted By: twocats

#1410111 - 07/23/13 04:49 AM Re: Arrests at Grassroots [Re: VM Smith]
alummule Offline

Loc: yes
Also I saw some “Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdxAnFlYNdY