FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1398917 - 04/24/13 06:08 PM The Tavern, PY
dj205 Offline

Loc: in my mind
An end to an Era is coming soon. Danny is relinquishing the reins to his nephew and niece. Everybody that has ever stepped foot in the Tavern will miss you, Dan.

Oh, the memories........

Best of Luck to Steve, Donna, Lisa & Scott, we all love you and wish you the best!

Be nice, Steve and watch you language in front of the ladies! ;\)

Watch for fresh, new ideas coming from the next Tavern generation.

You go guys!!!

FingerLakes1.com
#1399090 - 04/25/13 07:33 PM Re: The Tavern, PY [Re: dj205]
dj205 Offline

Seriously!!!!! Nobody has a word to say???????? Congrats, or anything? Wow. Out of 40 yrs. of patrons and noone has a thing to say?
This must be a really dead venue. It'll go check other sites. See ya........
306 people viewed.. but, no comments. Humpht!

#1399148 - 04/26/13 09:07 AM Re: The Tavern, PY [Re: dj205]
Here in PY Offline

Loc: Yates County, NY
DJ205 you know only the negative gets put on these forums. Come on now, what were you thinking? \:\)

#1399156 - 04/26/13 10:29 AM Re: The Tavern, PY [Re: Here in PY]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester
It has been years since I have been in the Tavern, but I always did have fun there. Good luck to all!

#1399244 - 04/27/13 01:18 AM Re: The Tavern, PY [Re: dj205]
S.P. King 4th Offline

Loc: PARTYING!
Originally Posted By: dj205
An end to an Era is coming soon. Danny is relinquishing the reins to his nephew and niece. Everybody that has ever stepped foot in the Tavern will miss you, Dan.

Oh, the memories........

Best of Luck to Steve, Donna, Lisa & Scott, we all love you and wish you the best!

Be nice, Steve and watch you language in front of the ladies! ;\)

Watch for fresh, new ideas coming from the next Tavern generation.

You go guys!!!
Seriously!!!!! Nobody has a word to say???????? Congrats, or anything? Wow. Out of 40 yrs. of patrons and noone has a thing to say?
This must be a really dead venue. It'll go check other sites. See ya........
306 people viewed.. but, no comments. Humpht!

Congratulations on giving the community a place to drink 364 days a year! Enjoy your retirement!

Now, who exactly are his niece and nephew? Do they have any business experience or experience working in the bar?

I assume the family owns the building? It would be nice if they utilized the space next store that seems to be storage into either a dining room or dance floor.

#1399371 - 04/28/13 10:02 AM Re: The Tavern, PY [Re: S.P. King 4th]
dj205 Offline

You, the self professed town drunk, doesn't know the niece and nephew??
She's worked there for the better part of 20 yrs.
And, He's been there, too.

Yup, they have oodles of experience.

364? nope, 365......

#1399529 - 04/29/13 11:33 PM Re: The Tavern, PY [Re: dj205]
S.P. King 4th Offline

I've never professed myself to be the town drunk, I don't remember who did, but yes I do enjoy drinking. ;\)

Oh, that could be just about anyone I see in there? King hasn't exactly been of drinking age for 20 years... I don't frequent the tavern, actually the bar scene in Penn Yan has really gone down hill the past few years.

My experience from watching Bar Rescue tells me that just because someone has worked in a bar for decades or has grown up in the business doesn't mean they are the best owners/managers/business people.

I wish them luck though and hope they can revive the place into something great. Do you know if they have any plans to do anything different with the place?

364? nope, 365......

Really? I thought that it was legal to serve in Yates County 364 days a year?

#1399582 - 04/30/13 04:09 PM Re: The Tavern, PY [Re: S.P. King 4th]
melinda Offline

Loc: california
Lisa & Steve know how to run a business. They will do great. Thanks for all the memories Danny!! Enjoy retirement!!

#1399605 - 04/30/13 07:26 PM Re: The Tavern, PY [Re: S.P. King 4th]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
No, you can serve 365 in Yates County. You just have to quit serving at 8PM on xmas eve and can't open up any day before 8AM to serve alcoholic beverage. \:\)

#1399606 - 04/30/13 07:27 PM Re: The Tavern, PY [Re: Mean Gene]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
Dan did a good job surviving in that business all those years. He is probably happy he could pass it on to a relative.

#1399609 - 04/30/13 08:44 PM Re: The Tavern, PY [Re: S.P. King 4th]
dj205 Offline

Originally Posted By: S.P. King 4th

I've never professed myself to be the town drunk, I don't remember who did, but yes I do enjoy drinking. ;\)

Oh, that could be just about anyone I see in there? King hasn't exactly been of drinking age for 20 years... I don't frequent the tavern, actually the bar scene in Penn Yan has really gone down hill the past few years.

That just goes to show what an excellent boss he was, nobody wanted to leave!

My experience from watching Bar Rescue tells me that just because someone has worked in a bar for decades or has grown up in the business doesn't mean they are the best owners/managers/business people.

Watching Bar Rescue really makes you an expert on owners/managaers/business people, OMFG! That idiot is paid highly, it's a reality "Show".

I wish them luck though and hope they can revive the place into something great. Do you know if they have any plans to do anything different with the place?

Watch and learn!

364? nope, 365......

Einstien, did you mean "Illegal" Any bar can be open 365 days a yr. as long as they meet "The Boards" closing time on Christmas, in order to stay open two hours more on NY's Eve. Can't serve before 8 a.m. M Thru S. and not before noon on Sunday.

Thank you for wishing them well.
I now will delete this before someone says something to piss me off and make 40 yrs of dedication and hard work something smutty.

#1399805 - 05/01/13 10:00 PM Re: The Tavern, PY [Re: dj205]
S.P. King 4th Offline

Originally Posted By: S.P. King4th

Einstien, did you mean "Illegal"

No, I meant LEGAL as I said. Why would it be illegal to serve 364 days a year? Did you think about this or were you just so quick to bash your King?

Any bar can be open 365 days a yr. as long as they meet "The Boards" closing time on Christmas, in order to stay open two hours more on NY's Eve. Can't serve before 8 a.m. M Thru S. and not before noon on Sunday.

The way it's written on the State website it looks like you cannot serve on premises on Christmas Day as the opening and closing hours are left blank, That is why I thought it was closed on xmas. Is it actually written somewhere that you actually serve on xmas day or is this one of those yates county things, where it isn't actually the law but "that's how it's been done" for years?

"The Boards" closing time on Christmas, in order to stay open two hours more on NY's Eve.

That's cute, taking two hours from one day to put towards another day, like there's a maximum amount of hours or something.

BTW this is not "the boards" "closing time" this is county law, not set by "the board."

I think these closing hours should be pushed to 4am (of course a bar could close earlier if they choose). People will weed themselves, go home when the alcohol has won, bars would be responsible and not serve someone who's drunk. Among other benefits I'm sure Mean Gene would agree it wouldn't put extra pressure on the police when they send a group of rowdy drunks out on the streets of Penn Yan at 1am thur, fri, and sat nights!

Thank you for wishing them well.

You're welcome.

I now will delete this before someone says something to piss me off and make 40 yrs of dedication and hard work something smutty.

#1399809 - 05/01/13 10:29 PM Re: The Tavern, PY [Re: S.P. King 4th]
dj205 Offline

Well, for the life of me I can't figure out how to delete this thread.
Any help, would be appreciated.
I e-mailed the mods, but, no response.
Thanks, Mindy, nice response!
King?

#1399949 - 05/02/13 10:41 PM Re: The Tavern, PY [Re: dj205]
S.P. King 4th Offline

You can't delete a thread, a mod must do it.

#1402549 - 05/23/13 03:09 PM Re: The Tavern, PY [Re: S.P. King 4th]
PY tax Payer Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY USA
Good luck Dan on retirement.... you will like it......