Topic Options
#1394713 --- 03/30/13 03:45 AM Veterans disability payments
I did it! Offline

Loc: West Coast 29 Palms

FingerLakes1.com
#1394758 --- 03/30/13 02:07 PM Re: Veterans disability payments [Re: I did it!]
Sasquatch Offline

Loc: Waterloo
We have the best military in the world but the worst care for them when they get out. Nice work, Barry. I thought his campaign buzzwords were 'hope and change' not 'status quo'.

#1394759 --- 03/30/13 02:21 PM Re: Veterans disability payments [Re: Sasquatch]
Lucinda Knotts Offline

Loc: USA
Are you talking about the change in the way COLAs will be calculated? Keep in mind that will be applied to all kinds of benefits -- social security, pensions, etc. Veterans aren't being singled out. If you're talking about the ineptitude of the VA in processing claims, also note that has been a problem for well over 40 years.

#1394761 --- 03/30/13 02:33 PM Re: Veterans disability payments [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
Sasquatch Offline

Originally Posted By: Lucinda Knotts
If you're talking about the ineptitude of the VA in processing claims, also note that has been a problem for well over 40 years.

That's it. One would think, since it's such a problem and has been for so long, that would be the first thing changed.

#1394772 --- 03/30/13 04:52 PM Re: Veterans disability payments [Re: Sasquatch]
Lucinda Knotts Offline

Loc: USA
Well, it sure didn't change under Presidents Reagan, Bush, Clinton, or Bush2. But for some reason you seem to hold President Obama to a different standard. You would think that Bush2, the war planner who got us into a decade of war, would have had the foresight to ramp up the VA to handle the millions of veterans his wars would produce.

#1394778 --- 03/30/13 06:12 PM Re: Veterans disability payments [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
I did it! Offline

Are you talking about the change in the way COLAs will be calculated? Keep in mind that will be applied to all kinds of benefits -- social security, pensions, etc. Veterans aren't being singled out. If you're talking about the ineptitude of the VA in processing claims, also note that has been a problem for well over 40 years.

Honey Bunns what ever it said is all I posted. Just forwarding the mail. Read into as you would like.Don't kill the messenger.
It is What it IS

#1394779 --- 03/30/13 06:27 PM Re: Veterans disability payments [Re: I did it!]
I did it! Offline

Don't mind me. Just having a bad day. Just sliced my finger with a broken water glass. Just got it to stop bleeding. Is it deep enough when you can see the knuckle?

#1394782 --- 03/30/13 07:33 PM Re: Veterans disability payments [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
Sasquatch Offline

Well, it sure didn't change under Presidents Reagan, Bush, Clinton, or Bush2. But for some reason you seem to hold President Obama to a different standard. You would think that Bush2, the war planner who got us into a decade of war, would have had the foresight to ramp up the VA to handle the millions of veterans his wars would produce.

I don't hold him to a different standard. I agree it should have been done way before now. The thing is, he's in office now and nothing's changed. He could have taken some initiative and corrected the problem there seems to be about how long it takes for vets to get what they deserve. I believed the same when GWB was in office but I didn't expect much from him. I think he only just learned to tie his shoes the day before he left. Barry's still finding crayons and legos all over the White House. \:\)

#1394783 --- 03/30/13 07:42 PM Re: Veterans disability payments [Re: Sasquatch]
I did it! Offline

My my ROTFLMBO again

#1394801 --- 03/31/13 02:42 AM Re: Veterans disability payments [Re: Sasquatch]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Originally Posted By: Sasquatch

I don't hold him to a different standard. I agree it should have been done way before now. The thing is, he's in office now and nothing's changed. He could have taken some initiative and corrected the problem there seems to be about how long it takes for vets to get what they deserve. I believed the same when GWB was in office but I didn't expect much from him. I think he only just learned to tie his shoes the day before he left. Barry's still finding crayons and legos all over the White House. \:\)

You're right about one thing, Veterans assistance has a Looong way to go and needs a LOT of improvement, however you are 101% wrong about aid to vets under Obama. He signed in to law, dozens of new programs and benefits to help returning veterans. The number of benefits, amount available, time to assistance and especially medical, housing and mortgage, family assistance and counseling are FAR improved, than what existed under Bush.

Since Obama took office, Republicans have on several occasions, proposed cutting pay by more than 20%, cutting Psych benefits by almost 50% (including length of benefits, cutting funding for prosthetics and cosmetic surgery and cutting 100% of family counseling.

House republicans have stopped several bill that would have allocated tens of millions of dollars for career training and medical assistance for wounded veterans.

It would appear that you do indeed, hold him to a different standard, because things most certainly HAVE changed for the better. But there needs to be much more improvement and Republicans are FAR more to blame for current deficits in care and aid to veterans than Obama will ever be.

#1394804 --- 03/31/13 07:44 AM Re: Veterans disability payments [Re: Timbo]

Originally Posted By: Timbo

You're right about one thing, Veterans assistance has a Looong way to go and needs a LOT of improvement, however you are 101% wrong about aid to vets under Obama. He signed in to law, dozens of new programs and benefits to help returning veterans. The number of benefits, amount available, time to assistance and especially medical, housing and mortgage, family assistance and counseling are FAR improved, than what existed under Bush.

Since Obama took office, Republicans have on several occasions, proposed cutting pay by more than 20%, cutting Psych benefits by almost 50% (including length of benefits, cutting funding for prosthetics and cosmetic surgery and cutting 100% of family counseling.

House republicans have stopped several bill that would have allocated tens of millions of dollars for career training and medical assistance for wounded veterans.

It would appear that you do indeed, hold him to a different standard, because things most certainly HAVE changed for the better. But there needs to be much more improvement and Republicans are FAR more to blame for current deficits in care and aid to veterans than Obama will ever be.

All that took place under the Democratic controlled house.

#1394808 --- 03/31/13 08:45 AM Re: Veterans disability payments [Re: ]
Ohithere Offline

I guess that you can thank the Democrats for attempting to look out your military benefits Chicago. Seeing that you find "entitlements" a waste to our Federal budget, maybe you can call your local Veteran Administration in protest of those proposed increases that ultimately cost the taxpayers as well ;\)

#1394811 --- 03/31/13 09:21 AM Re: Veterans disability payments [Re: ]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Chicago Jesus

Wrong again, Slick. Just look at how many cuts and cut-proposals have been floated by Republicans during Obama's tenure.

#1394818 --- 03/31/13 10:06 AM Re: Veterans disability payments [Re: Timbo]

Ahahahah...you government workers know it all.

#1394822 --- 03/31/13 10:20 AM Re: Veterans disability payments [Re: ]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

'Haven't been a government employee since the 80s. Keep guessin' Son.

#1394828 --- 03/31/13 10:31 AM Re: Veterans disability payments [Re: Timbo]

Now you are telling story's.

#1394830 --- 03/31/13 10:42 AM Re: Veterans disability payments [Re: Timbo]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS

Unlike a certain Faux Marine who likely never was.

#1394831 --- 03/31/13 10:48 AM Re: Veterans disability payments [Re: ]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Originally Posted By: Chicago Jesus

Only for the first two years Obama was in office. I think everything Timbo is talking about has happened since John Boehner was elected Weeper of the House in 2010.

#1394836 --- 03/31/13 11:40 AM Re: Veterans disability payments [Re: Josephus]

Originally Posted By: Josephus

Unlike a certain Faux Marine who likely never was.
And comrade Joe to Tammy's rescue.

#1394842 --- 03/31/13 12:51 PM Re: Veterans disability payments [Re: Timbo]
I did it! Offline

wow did you work at the SEAD?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >