FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1393782 - 03/25/13 01:04 PM Dirty Syringes Used On Patients: lawsuit
newsman38 Offline

Loc: Fourth Estate
Lawsuit Filed Against Guthrie Health Care & Corning Hospital Over Possible Reused Syringes

CORNING, N.Y. (WETM-TV) - Guthrie and Corning Hospital are both facing a lawsuit after an incident where a registered nurse may have reused syringes and exposed patients to infections diseases, such as H.I.V. and Hepatitis B and C.
Ziff Law Firm is representing 14 patients in the lawsuit.

The lawsuit claims that Corning Hospital, Guthrie Healthcare System and/or Group, and Guthrie Medical Group P.C. was negligent in the training and supervision of the nurse, who's name has not been released at this time.

The nurse herself is also listed in the lawsuit.

Officials say the incident occurred between October 15th, 2012 and January 29th, 2013.

A spokesman for the hospital has said in the past that the risk that someone contracted a virus or infection was low.

The Ziff Law Firm says, they are still waiting to see if the patients were in fact sickened by the syringes.

Reported by: Chris Hush Email: chush@wetmtv.com

WETM Published: 11:46 am

FingerLakes1.com
#1393788 - 03/25/13 02:15 PM Re: Dirty Syringes Used On Patients: lawsuit [Re: newsman38]
I did it! Offline

Loc: West Coast 29 Palms
Now if she was a real RN she shouldn't need any further training

#1393938 - 03/26/13 01:14 PM Re: Dirty Syringes Used On Patients: lawsuit [Re: I did it!]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
And a real reporter wouldn't write this clunker. Are they bringing in new reporters on H-1B visas, now, or do the government schools really suck?:

"who's name"

Edited by VM Smith (03/26/13 01:16 PM)