FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1391305 - 03/11/13 01:48 PM Sex offender manhunt causes lockdown
newsman38 Offline

Loc: Fourth Estate
Police looking for sex offender, Trumansburg school officials increase security measures

TRUMANSBURG — Trumansburg Police, Schuyler County Sheriff’s deputies and state parole officers are looking for a level two sex offender who may have discarded his electronic monitoring bracelet at a residence next to the Trumansburg High School campus this morning.

The manhunt for Shane Jacobs, 30, of Hector prompted Trumansburg School District officials to restrict access in and out of schools. In 2001, Jacobs was convicted of second-degree rape for having sex with a 13-year old girl, according to state records. Jacobs is a white male, five feet nine inches tall, 165 lbs. wtih brown hair and brown eyes.

On Monday morning, state parole officials based in Elmira contacted Trumansburg Police and told them Jacobs had cut his bracelet off, police officials said. Working with parole officials, officers located the bracelet in some bushes at the residence, they added.

Meanwhile, an officer contacted school district officials, who imposed a procedure called shelter-in-place, which restricts school access. They plan to keep students in schools until their parents pick them up, district officials said, and they also have buses standing by to take students home.

Written by
| By Raymond Drumsta and Kitty Hall-Thurnheer
@kittykathall

FingerLakes1.com
#1391755 - 03/13/13 08:23 PM Re: Sex offender manhunt causes lockdown [Re: newsman38]
ibepokenmore Offline

Loc: waterloo
still say they should have both hands and ... wellll ,,, unmentionables cut off. keep the bracelets on at all times.

#1391968 - 03/14/13 06:02 PM Re: Sex offender manhunt causes lockdown [Re: ibepokenmore]
I did it! Offline

Loc: West Coast 29 Palms
Has he been captured yet? Is there a bounty on him yet?

Damn ."still say they should have both hands and ... wellll ,,, unmentionables cut off. keep the bracelets on at all times.

Now that's hardcore

#1392338 - 03/16/13 12:57 PM Re: Sex offender manhunt causes lockdown [Re: I did it!]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Originally Posted By: I did it!
Has he been captured yet? Is there a bounty on him yet?

Damn ."still say they should have both hands and ... wellll ,,, unmentionables cut off. keep the bracelets on at all times.

Now that's hardcore

And rather Islamic, don't you think? I think they should be put behind bars, and with no privileges. I have no problems with them making little rocks out of big rocks. Now THAT's hardcore. ;\)

#1392361 - 03/16/13 05:34 PM Re: Sex offender manhunt causes lockdown [Re: Josephus]
1moreagain Offline

Loc: corrupt seneca county
They live better behind bars then most do out here

#1392650 - 03/18/13 03:28 PM Re: Sex offender manhunt causes lockdown [Re: 1moreagain]
I did it! Offline

Loc: West Coast 29 Palms
I think you should be talking to ibepokenmore they are the one that posted it first Re;still say they should have both hands and ... wellll ,,, unmentionables cut off. keep the bracelets on at all times

#1392654 - 03/18/13 04:29 PM Sex offender caught in South Dakota [Re: I did it!]
newsman38 Offline

Loc: Fourth Estate
Sex offender sought in T-burg captured in S.D.

The search for a convicted robber and level 2 sex offender has ended about 1,400 miles from where police believe he discarded his electronic monitoring bracelet.

South Dakota State Police captured Shane Jacobs, 30, of Hector, on Saturday, state parole officials announced today. They expect he'll be returned to New York in seven to 10 days, they added.

Written by
Ray Drumsta
Mar 18, 2013