FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 82 of 82 < 1 2 ... 80 81 82
Topic Options
#1458217 --- 08/30/14 09:26 PM Re: My thoughts on gun control [Re: Formermac]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Quote:
The Constitution was drafted in 1787(no opinion there) it contained amendments allowing citizens certain "INALIENABLE Rights,

1. Those amendments weren't in the constitution in 1787.

2. The 1st ten amendment grant nothing.

FingerLakes1.com
#1458222 --- 08/31/14 06:26 AM Re: My thoughts on gun control [Re: VM Smith]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Above ground
Originally Posted By: VM Smith
Quote:
The Constitution was drafted in 1787(no opinion there) it contained amendments allowing citizens certain "INALIENABLE Rights,

1. Those amendments weren't in the constitution in 1787.

2. The 1st ten amendment grant nothing.

The Constitution was drafted and debated between 1787-88 but came into force in 1789 which is the central focus here VM.
Your preoccupation with insignificant debate is always apparent.

http://constitution.laws.com/amendments/first-ten-amendments

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/first-draft-of-constitution-debated

#1458224 --- 08/31/14 07:40 AM Re: My thoughts on gun control [Re: Formermac]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
VM Smith is correct though, that the first 10 Amendments (The Bill of Rights) weren't ratified until late 1791.

#1458225 --- 08/31/14 07:53 AM Re: My thoughts on gun control [Re: Josephus]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Josephus
VM Smith is correct though, that the first 10 Amendments (The Bill of Rights) weren't ratified until late 1791.

If you look at my links, that will confirm that you as well as VM are correct but my premise is focused on the Constitution as finally adopted in it entirety with the exception of follow up amendments going into the 20th Century. Explain if you will, the gun control laws of each state and if they violate the Constitution's original intent, which is primary issue here relating to gun control.

#1458229 --- 08/31/14 09:48 AM Re: My thoughts on gun control [Re: ]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

No contest coming from you Harley, I've forgotten more then you ever learned in your entire life. That being the case, you possess not the capability to began to explain the question or process thus relegated to name calling as to what you deem an sufficient response. laugh
Derailing a topic seems to be the primary reason for all your new screen names but staying on topic may reduce those frequent occurrences.

#1458235 --- 08/31/14 11:37 AM Re: My thoughts on gun control [Re: Formermac]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Quote:
The right to bear arms is the right to possess firearms granted by the United States Constitution

That's ignorant, even for you. It shows a complete misunderstanding of what the Constitution says and does.

#1458244 --- 08/31/14 01:48 PM Re: My thoughts on gun control [Re: VM Smith]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Quote:
The right to bear arms is the right to possess firearms granted by the United States Constitution

That's ignorant, even for you. It shows a complete misunderstanding of what the Constitution says and does.

ROTFLMBO...temper-temper
If neither of understands that fact by any state setting local or state laws restricting the rights originally given by the Constitution is in violation, it's you lacking in comprehension. Funny you same individuals speak at length about other laws going against the Constitutional amendments.....I can name a few criticisms here in this forum in that regard. crazy crazy crazy crazy

#1458249 --- 08/31/14 02:25 PM Re: My thoughts on gun control [Re: ]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: MWSG-17
Originally Posted By: Formermac
No contest coming from you Harley, I've forgotten more then you ever learned in your entire life. That being the case, you possess not the capability to began to explain the question or process thus relegated to name calling as to what you deem an sufficient response. laugh
Derailing a topic seems to be the primary reason for all your new screen names but staying on topic may reduce those frequent occurrences.

Quote:
]No contest coming from you Harley, I've forgotten more then you ever learned in your entire life.

Ahahahahahahahah...that's funny Papa4. Coming from you a bag of lying human waste!
All my life I was told there was no such thing as stupid questions, but you proved that wrong moron!

To Papa4, do you even know what your talking about?
State laws do not supersedes Federal Laws because of "Supremacy Clause".

What you don't Grasp in that pea brain of yours Harley is the fact that I've stated just that, no local or state law should supersede the Constitution's original intent but through out history we had to reinforce or undo local laws through the 15th & 19th Amendment due to interpretation or not acknowledging Blacks and Women.For either you or VM to deny that scenario never existed display a total lack of intellect of history. Thus my contention that the Constitution gave every citizen the right to own fire arms...tell us where it's not mentioned as thus.

#1458250 --- 08/31/14 02:30 PM Re: My thoughts on gun control [Re: ]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: MWSG-17
Originally Posted By: Formermac
Quote:

ROTFLMBO...temper-temper
If neither of understands that fact by any state setting local or state laws restricting the rights originally given by the Constitution is in violation, it's you lacking in comprehension. Funny you same individuals speak at length about other laws going against the Constitutional amendments.....I can name a few criticisms here in this forum in that regard. crazy crazy crazy crazy

Quote:
ROTFLMBO...temper-temper

Ahahahahahahaha..."ignorant" must be something you use when you're upset or Mad?

LMBO, not mad, only astound & disappointed that a 59 year old Father, Husband and Grandfather is so immature and totally lack discretion and tact yet looking back, I now understand the reason why certain incidents transpired and the dysfunctions associated with it.

Page 82 of 82 < 1 2 ... 80 81 82