FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1387420 - 02/15/13 12:19 PM Mooch To Take Separate Taxpayer-Funded Vacation I

While Barack Vacations In Palm Beach, Mooch To Take Separate Taxpayer-Funded Vacation In Aspen…

Which at the very least doubles the cost to the taxpayers.

Michelle Vacationing Separately From President Obama

by Keith Koffler on February 15, 2013, 8:11 am

First Lady Michelle Obama plans to vacation in Aspen, Colorado this Presidents’ Day weekend, separately from her husband, who will land this evening in West Palm Beach for his own down time with the boys.

According to Aspen newspapers, both Michelle and Vice President Biden are expected on the slopes. The White House has not yet announced the trip, and it’s not clear when she will be leaving, though she will presumably go today.

Michelle’s separate excursion from the president means that, even as the government prepares to slash spending as the March 1 sequester approaches, taxpayers will be footing the bill for two separate Obama vacations, paying for items like travel and the expensive security and staff entourages that accompany them everywhere.

What’s more, the Obamas just completed an exorbitant vacation to Hawaii, from which they returned January 6. The president billed taxpayers for two roundtrip tickets on Air Force One – which costs approximately $180,000 an hour to use – after he returned to Washington mid-vacation to deal with the Fiscal Cliff.

Michelle spent the entire 17 days in Hawaii, meaning she’s back on vacation at taxpayer expense just weeks after a resting for more than two wee

FingerLakes1.com
#1387424 - 02/15/13 12:33 PM Re: Mooch To Take Separate Taxpayer-Funded Vacation I [Re: ]
Harley Bob Tale Offline

Loc: Mars
She's meeting with a group of mercenaries who are going to confiscate your firearms.

#1387425 - 02/15/13 12:33 PM Re: Mooch To Take Separate Taxpayer-Funded Vacation I [Re: Harley Bob Tale]
Harley Bob Tale Offline

Loc: Mars
That makes it a business trip.

#1387427 - 02/15/13 01:01 PM Re: Mooch To Take Separate Taxpayer-Funded Vacation I [Re: Harley Bob Tale]

Originally Posted By: Harley Bob Tale
She's meeting with a group of mercenaries who are going to confiscate your firearms.

I don't own any weapons!

#1387456 - 02/15/13 05:05 PM Re: Mooch To Take Separate Taxpayer-Funded Vacation I [Re: ]
cwjga Online   content

Loc: NY
What Spending Problem? Middle-Class President's Valentine's Day Plans Cost A Pretty Penny

Bert Atkinson Jr.
On February 15, 2013
https://twitter.com/ijreviewbubba

What did you do for Valentine’s Day? What’s that – you didn’t have a bazillion course meal at the most exclusive restaurant in your city? Well that’s exactly what someone that lives in a big white house in DC did.

The president – that (according to polls) was not trusted as much as Mitt Romney to run the economy, yet supposedly better understood the problems facing average Americans – absolutely splurged in true 1%-er fashion on Valentine’s Day in taking his wife to the ultra-exclusive DC restaurant, Minibar, showing you that he truly is in touch with average Americans (see: sarcasm). According to the White House Dossier…

“Each bite is an experience to be savored, pondered, and sometimes puzzled over,” asserts the website for the restaurant.

Which is nice, since each bite probably costs about $10.

That is, the price for tasting approximately 20 small dishes is $225, not including tax and tip, while wine pairings will set you back $75, $120, or $200. If we assume a mid-range $120 for wine, the total comes to $345 per person, or $690 for two. Add in Washington’s 10 percent restaurant dining tax and a 20 percent tip and we’re at $910.80 for dinner.

We may not know how much the dinner actually cost exactly, but it’s safe to say it didn’t come off the value menu or out of, ya know, that kitchen in the White House we all pay for.

But wait! It’s not over! In honor of the deficit and the spending problem our government has The President and his wife also have President’s Day weekend vacation plans:

The President will be in West Palm Beach, Fla. But the Aspen Daily News reports that the First Lady, along with Vice President Biden, will be visiting Colorado. Both are expected to do some skiing in the Aspen area.

The White House has yet to announce the First Lady’s travel plans. As the Web site White House dossier noted, the separate vacationing means that while massive automatic spending cuts are set to go into effect March 1, taxpayers will be shelling out for two first family vacations, and all the security and logistical costs those entail.

What says fiscal discipline and ‘won’t add a dime to the deficit’ more than swanky thousand dollar multi-multi-multi-multi-multi-multi-multi-multi-multi-multi-multi-multi-course meals and sending your wife on a vacation (complete with Secret Service) in a separate direction across the country?

And there are those that think is is all about saving the 99%. He wants to save us, so he can suck off us.

#1387470 - 02/15/13 11:13 PM Re: Mooch To Take Separate Taxpayer-Funded Vacation I [Re: cwjga]
Lucinda Knotts Offline

Loc: USA
Obama was reelected.... wahhhhhhhhhhh! \:D

#1387523 - 02/16/13 12:55 PM Re: Mooch To Take Separate Taxpayer-Funded Vacation I [Re: ]
Timbo Offline

Loc: CNY
Originally Posted By: Chicago Jesus

I don't own any weapons!

In that case, you're not allowed to defend yourself with your 'non-weapon's.

#1387524 - 02/16/13 01:02 PM Re: Mooch To Take Separate Taxpayer-Funded Vacation I [Re: cwjga]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: cwjga
Each bite is an experience to be savored, pondered, and sometimes puzzled over,” asserts the website for the restaurant.

Which is nice, since each bite probably costs about $10.

That is, the price for tasting approximately 20 small dishes is $225, not including tax and tip, while wine pairings will set you back $75, $120, or $200. If we assume a mid-range $120 for wine, the total comes to $345 per person, or $690 for two. Add in Washington’s 10 percent restaurant dining tax and a 20 percent tip and we’re at $910.80 for dinner.

We may not know how much the dinner actually cost exactly, but it’s safe to say it didn’t come off the value menu or out of, ya know, that kitchen in the White House we all pay for.

But that won't stop you from fabricating an inflammatory and wholly inaccurate representation of the facts, will it?

#1387536 - 02/16/13 01:57 PM Re: Mooch To Take Separate Taxpayer-Funded Vacation I [Re: cwjga]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
What did you do for Valentine’s Day? What’s that – you didn’t have a bazillion course meal at the most exclusive restaurant in your city? Well that’s exactly what someone that lives in a big white house in DC did.
Ronald Reagon was our first divorced president. Newt Gingrich was married 2-3 times. McCain was married a couple of times. Herman Cain was caught in an affair. It is nice to see a married couple in the White House who seem very much in love with their first spouse. ;\)

#1387539 - 02/16/13 02:21 PM Re: Mooch To Take Separate Taxpayer-Funded Vacation I [Re: cwjga]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

The man holds the most stressful job in the world and you begrudge him a fancy valentine dinner with his spouse? That is sour grapes if I ever heard them. Why do you think this restaurant exists? Who do you think should go there?

#1387543 - 02/16/13 02:36 PM Re: Mooch To Take Separate Taxpayer-Funded Vacation I [Re: Timbo]

Originally Posted By: Timbo
Originally Posted By: Chicago Jesus

I don't own any weapons!

In that case, you're not allowed to defend yourself with your 'non-weapon's.
All I have for a weapon is a portable catapult.

#1387604 - 02/17/13 09:52 AM Re: Mooch To Take Separate Taxpayer-Funded Vacation I [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
cwjga Online   content

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: Lucinda Knotts

You don't need to cry. There are a lot of people that were fooled twice by his lies.

#1387606 - 02/17/13 10:16 AM Re: Mooch To Take Separate Taxpayer-Funded Vacation I [Re: kyle585]
mikey Offline

Loc: Rochester NY
Kyle, had a conservative done this on he country's $ you'd be calling for his head. That's what I don't like...blind rationalization of something commonsense would dictate we shouldn't have to tolerate as our leaders ask us for our understanding and frugality.

Come on, man, Rep or Dem, this is a costly, in your face show if arrogance and indifference to our debt and national interests.

This is what causes your posts to lose credibility. They are rarely painted with truth, but always painted with partisanship.

#1387610 - 02/17/13 11:46 AM Re: Mooch To Take Separate Taxpayer-Funded Vacation I [Re: mikey]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: mikey
Kyle, had a conservative done this on he country's $ you'd be calling for his head. That's what I don't like...blind rationalization of something commonsense would dictate we shouldn't have to tolerate as our leaders ask us for our understanding and frugality.

Come on, man, Rep or Dem, this is a costly, in your face show if arrogance and indifference to our debt and national interests.

This is what causes your posts to lose credibility. They are rarely painted with truth, but always painted with partisanship.

Why do I get the feeling that you weren't as vocal about the issue of government spending during the Bush administration?

#1387623 - 02/17/13 01:37 PM Re: Mooch To Take Separate Taxpayer-Funded Vacation I [Re: Timbo]
mikey Offline

Loc: Rochester NY
Because you're an idiot.

Bush was not good for this country either. We have no statesmen of honor...as I have said at least 50 times: Both parties are against you and me.

#1387624 - 02/17/13 02:09 PM Re: Mooch To Take Separate Taxpayer-Funded Vacation I [Re: mikey]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

Kyle, had a conservative done this on he country's $ you'd be calling for his head.
Not true. If anyone deserves a vacation getaway, it is the president.

http://golfweek.com/news/2009/nov/02/dwight-d-eisenhower-golf-white-house/

As our golfer in chief, President Dwight D. Eisenhower brought golf to the White House lawn and played nearly 800 rounds while in office. Not since Mary Queen of Scots has a head of state done so much to popularize the game. Fred Corcoran, the legendary golf promoter, once said Eisenhower’s devotion to golf was “the greatest thing that ever happened to the game.”

#1387625 - 02/17/13 02:11 PM Re: Mooch To Take Separate Taxpayer-Funded Vacation I [Re: mikey]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

I doubt if all the vacations taken by our presidents among to a nickel per taxpayer per year.

#1387626 - 02/17/13 02:16 PM Re: Mooch To Take Separate Taxpayer-Funded Vacation I [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS

26 ways Obama has ruined the country.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/ways-obama-has-completely-ruined-the-country

#1387633 - 02/17/13 02:53 PM Re: Mooch To Take Separate Taxpayer-Funded Vacation I [Re: twocats]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Originally Posted By: twocats

26 ways Obama has ruined the country.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/ways-obama-has-completely-ruined-the-country

HA! The best comment on the post was that Obama could cure cancer, and the republicans would criticize him for putting doctor's out of work.

#1387639 - 02/17/13 03:36 PM Re: Mooch To Take Separate Taxpayer-Funded Vacation I [Re: mikey]
Timbo Offline

Because you're an idiot.

Bush was not good for this country either. We have no statesmen of honor...as I have said at least 50 times: Both parties are against you and me.

Care to compare IQ test results, available on a website run by a neuroscience department of a leading University of Medicine? PLEASE say yes. It takes aprox. 1 1/2 hours and wont cost you dime. Demonstrate to us all, your superior intellect.
There's even a Sternberg's triarchic theory test if you don't buy int IQ ratings

I stand by my strong hunches regarding your sincerity.

Who should be and how should we be running things then?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >