FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#1387165 - 02/13/13 02:26 PM Majority in US Favor Prez Action on Climate Change
Timbo Offline

Loc: CNY
A wide majority of Americans support President Barack Obama's call to take action on climate change, according to polling released by the League of Conservation Voters.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/13/obama-climate-change-poll_n_2677747.html

FingerLakes1.com
#1387171 - 02/13/13 02:49 PM Re: Majority in US Favor Prez Action on Climate Change [Re: Timbo]

Originally Posted By: Timbo
A wide majority of Americans support President Barack Obama's call to take action on climate change, according to polling released by the League of Conservation Voters.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/13/obama-climate-change-poll_n_2677747.html

Ahahahahahahaha... yes Timmy, we conservatives want more action taken on climate change. We conservatives want more oil/gas drilling, more coal fired power plants.

#1387180 - 02/13/13 04:18 PM Re: Majority in US Favor Prez Action on Climate Change *DELETED* [Re: ]
TurdyPointer Offline

Loc: Oswego
Post deleted by FL1 Mod 2

#1387205 - 02/13/13 06:24 PM Re: Majority in US Favor Prez Action on Climate Change [Re: ]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: Chicago Jesus

Ahahahahahahaha... yes Timmy, we conservatives want more action taken on climate change. We conservatives want more oil/gas drilling, more coal fired power plants.

Your own conservative pollsters' polls apparently indicate that conservatives DO indeed want it. By a pretty big margin, I might add.

#1387206 - 02/13/13 06:26 PM Re: Majority in US Favor Prez Action on Climate Change [Re: TurdyPointer]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: TurdyPointer
Drill baby drill! Frack Baby Frack! Hang timbo hang!

Are you irretrievably stupid, or would you care to re-phrase that last bit? I'm waiting.

#1387282 - 02/14/13 12:39 PM Re: Majority in US Favor Prez Action on Climate Change [Re: Timbo]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: TurdyPointer
Drill baby drill! Frack Baby Frack! Hang timbo hang!

Are you irretrievably stupid, or would you care to re-phrase that last bit? I'm waiting.

That's just what I thought. Next time choose your words more carefully, if you're too cowardly to say what you really mean.

#1387288 - 02/14/13 01:25 PM Re: Majority in US Favor Prez Action on Climate Change [Re: Timbo]
TurdyPointer Offline

No timbo. I meant you should go hang yourself. Bite the big one and join the rest of Darwin's 1000.

#1387289 - 02/14/13 01:26 PM Re: Majority in US Favor Prez Action on Climate Change [Re: TurdyPointer]
TurdyPointer Offline

Want more? You are a bane on the good name of humanity. Your brain fits in Stalin's coffin. You make horse meat edible.

#1387290 - 02/14/13 01:38 PM Re: Majority in US Favor Prez Action on Climate Change [Re: TurdyPointer]
SilverRose Offline

Loc: Heart of the Lakes
ummm... The poll is be a CONSERVATION group - Not necessarily a CONSERVATIVE group. There's a difference.

#1387292 - 02/14/13 02:17 PM Re: Majority in US Favor Prez Action on Climate Change [Re: Timbo]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Quote:
Your own conservative pollsters' polls apparently indicate that conservatives DO indeed want it. By a pretty big margin, I might add.

So what? After all, it's not the only stupid thing which the American public is in favor of.

#1387293 - 02/14/13 02:36 PM Re: Majority in US Favor Prez Action on Climate Change [Re: TurdyPointer]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Quote:
I meant you should go hang yourself.

I'll agree that thinking like Timbo's is the enemy of all people who value freedom, but isn't wishing him dead a bit extreme? After all, the climate is changing, as it always has, and unless we cede even more power, control, and human rights to world and national governments, which is really the goal of the Climate Change Alarmist, Propagandized Nutter Squad, we're all going to die anyway.

Horrible deaths, no less...we'll all be cooked, drowned, starved, or suffocated in methane, and all of our cute little puppies will die, too...and even Flipper, the dolphin!

Wait a minute...forget all of that...I spy an asteroid, headed THIS WAY!!!! Grab the young 'uns, Ma, and head for Washington!

Long live Timbo!

#1387294 - 02/14/13 02:41 PM Re: Majority in US Favor Prez Action on Climate Change [Re: SilverRose]
cwjga Online   content

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: SilverRose
ummm... The poll is be a CONSERVATION group - Not necessarily a CONSERVATIVE group. There's a difference.

\:D

#1387313 - 02/14/13 03:35 PM Re: Majority in US Favor Prez Action on Climate Change [Re: SilverRose]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: SilverRose

Gee Silver Rose... all this time we've been going with the assumption that all of that nonsense you post, has been the result of YOUR spell-check errors. Now we know better.

#1387314 - 02/14/13 03:43 PM Re: Majority in US Favor Prez Action on Climate Change [Re: VM Smith]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: VM Smith
Quote:

So what? After all, it's not the only stupid thing which the American public is in favor of.

Fortunately for Americans, by way of voting for our elected representatives, we are guaranteed that the MAJORITY usually have the last say. In the instances where they do not, it's so that fairness and the 'common good' win out.

#1387319 - 02/14/13 04:14 PM Re: Majority in US Favor Prez Action on Climate Change [Re: VM Smith]

Originally Posted By: VM Smith
Quote:

I'm in favor of making it mandatory that everyone be required to wear a bell from the left side of the Greater alar cartilage of the nose. The bell is to be made of silver. The bell silver bell will not be any longer than 3/4" of an inch and no wider than 1/2' inch. It will have a least one Obama Unicorn engraved on it. The bell clapper is to be made from recycled depleted uranium.

#1387324 - 02/14/13 04:35 PM Re: Majority in US Favor Prez Action on Climate Change [Re: VM Smith]
Timbo Offline

"After all, the climate is changing, as it always has,"

No. Not as it always has. Go read the mountains of scientific documentation which confirm beyond any reasonable doubt, that the rate, level, density, chemical composition and dispersal is far greater, than at any known time.

Of course you won't, because that would get in the way of your agendas. Right?

#1387328 - 02/14/13 05:07 PM Re: Majority in US Favor Prez Action on Climate Change [Re: Timbo]
MeRightYouWrong Offline

Loc: Mountain of Truth
"After all, the climate is changing, as it always has,"

No. Not as it always has. Go read the mountains of scientific documentation which confirm beyond any reasonable doubt, that the rate, level, density, chemical composition and dispersal is far greater, than at any known time.

Of course you won't, because that would get in the way of your agendas. Right?

There is a mountain of evidence that the other planets in our solar system were heating up at the same time the Earth was. The polar ice cap on Mars was receding through much of the 1990's and the only reason it stopped is because the Martian governments passed carbon tax legislation and subsidized solar farms.

#1387331 - 02/14/13 05:26 PM Re: Majority in US Favor Prez Action on Climate Change [Re: MeRightYouWrong]
Ghosts Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Originally Posted By: MeRightYouWrong

There is a mountain of evidence that the other planets in our solar system were heating up at the same time the Earth was. The polar ice cap on Mars was receding through much of the 1990's and the only reason it stopped is because the Martian governments passed carbon tax legislation and subsidized solar farms.

Ha! Thanks for the laugh!

#1387352 - 02/14/13 09:12 PM Re: Majority in US Favor Prez Action on Climate Change [Re: Timbo]
howbouthat Offline

Loc: Ontario
"that the rate, level, density, chemical composition and dispersal is far greater, than at any known time."

Of what?

Please if you wish to refer me to these "mountains" of research that you indicate, don't tell me they're from "Wiki" or the "Huffington Bluff"

Where are the questions from this survey?
What were the demographics used?
"I want to leave this world in the same condition that it was given to me", what the H*** does that mean?

Please, ask a question in a certain way, pose it to a certain population, and you can get most people answering "yes" to there being an Easter Bunny. Please post from reliable sources so that your "argument" can be taken with some type of seriousness.

#1387365 - 02/14/13 11:40 PM Re: Majority in US Favor Prez Action on Climate Change [Re: howbouthat]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: howbouthat
"that the rate, level, density, chemical composition and dispersal is far greater, than at any known time."

Of what?

Please if you wish to refer me to these "mountains" of research that you indicate, don't tell me they're from "Wiki" or the "Huffington Bluff"

Where are the questions from this survey?
What were the demographics used?
"I want to leave this world in the same condition that it was given to me", what the H*** does that mean?

Please, ask a question in a certain way, pose it to a certain population, and you can get most people answering "yes" to there being an Easter Bunny. Please post from reliable sources so that your "argument" can be taken with some type of seriousness.

If you want to learn about climate sciences, there are several options available. I might suggest reading the tens of thousands of pages of publicly available, peer-reviewed research findings published by the world's greatest scientists, representing a huge range of scientific disciplines, for the actual facts... or, if you prefer, you may read op-eds, so that you'll be sure to get the story just the way you want to hear it, even if it isn't factual.

Aprox. 90-95% of world climatologists agree on the causes, and the vast majority of Americans want action taken to address the problems of climate change. Those are the facts.

I've done my homework on the issue. Take some responsibility and do you own.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >