FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1385846 - 02/03/13 01:47 AM Former SEAL Sniper Killed on Shooting Range
Timbo Offline

Loc: CNY

Chris Kyle, the former U.S. Navy SEAL sniper who was responsible for 160 kills during his career as U.S. Navy SEAL sniper, was shot and killed with another man at a gun range:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/03/us-usa-crime-sniper-idUSBRE91202K20130203

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/02/02/4596024/militarys-deadliest-sniper-killed.html

FingerLakes1.com
#1385862 - 02/03/13 08:45 AM Re: Former SEAL Sniper Killed on Shooting Range [Re: Timbo]

10 of the Best Quotes from Slain SEAL Chris Kyle’s Book ‘American Sniper’
Feb. 2, 2013 11:12pm Jonathon M. Seidl

Top 10 Quotes from Chris Kyle Book American Sniper

Chris Kyle (Source: SOFREP.com)

The shocking news that former SEAL sniper Chris Kyle was shot to death at a Texas gun range will likely reverberate for some time. And in honor of his life, we have included 10 of the best quotes from his incredible memoir, “American Sniper,” courtesy of Commonquote.com:

10. “To top things off, the Iraqis had sent some Scuds over just before the war started. Most had been taken care of by Patriot missiles, but one got through. Wouldn’t you know it took out the Starbucks where we’d hung out during our prewar training? That’s low, hitting a coffee place. It could have been worse, I guess. It could have been a Dunkin’ Donuts.”

9. “Isn’t religion supposed to teach tolerance?”

8. “At another location, we found barrels of chemical material that was intended for use as biochemical weapons. Everyone talks about there being no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, but they seem to be referring to completed nuclear bombs, not the many deadly chemical weapons or precursors that Saddam had stockpiled.”

7. “I began teaching my son how to shoot when he was two, starting with the basics of a BB rifle. My theory is that kids get into trouble because of curiosity—if you don’t satisfy it, you’re asking for big problems. If you inform them and carefully instruct them on safety when they’re young, you avoid a lot of the trouble. My son has learned to respect weapons. I’ve always told him, if you want to use a gun, come get me. There’s nothing I like better than shooting.”
Click here to find out more!

6. “The rules are drawn up by lawyers who are trying to protect the admirals and generals from the politicians; they’re not written by people who are worried about the guys on the ground getting shot.”

5. “I never really believed the Iraqis would turn the country into a truly functioning democracy, but I thought at one point that there was a chance. I don’t know that I believe that now. It’s a pretty corrupt place. But I didn’t risk my life to bring democracy to Iraq. I risked my life for my buddies, to protect my friends and fellow countrymen. I went to war for my country, not Iraq. My country sent me out there so that bS wouldn’t make its way back to our shores. I never once fought for the Iraqis. I could give a flying [****] about them.”

4. “People tell me I saved hundreds and hundreds of people. But I have to tell you: it’s not the people you saved that you remember. It’s the ones you couldn’t save. Those are the ones you talk about. Those are the faces and situations that stay with you forever.”

3. “Another question people ask a lot: Did it bother you killing so many people in Iraq? I tell them, “No.” And I mean it. The first time you shoot someone, you get a little nervous. You think, can I really shoot this guy? Is it really okay? But after you kill your enemy, you see it’s okay. You say, Great. You do it again. And again. You do it so the enemy won’t kill you or your countrymen. You do it until there’s no one left for you to kill. That’s what war is.”

2. “Just because war is hell doesn’t mean you can’t have a little fun.”

1. “I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”

#1385872 - 02/03/13 09:27 AM Re: Former SEAL Sniper Killed on Shooting Range [Re: Timbo]
sands Offline

Loc: NY
It's really time this country makes murder illegal so something like this never happens again!

#1385889 - 02/03/13 11:09 AM Re: Former SEAL Sniper Killed on Shooting Range [Re: sands]

Originally Posted By: sands
It's really time this country makes murder illegal so something like this never happens again!

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha...Breath...ahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

#1385917 - 02/03/13 03:30 PM Re: Former SEAL Sniper Killed on Shooting Range [Re: ]
I did it! Offline

Loc: West Coast 29 Palms
RIP Brother.
I hope the killer gets the death penalty.
Chris was the highest decorated Seal Sniper in history.

#1385929 - 02/03/13 04:54 PM Re: Former SEAL Sniper Killed on Shooting Range [Re: I did it!]
Lucinda Knotts Offline

Loc: USA
How ironic... a man paid by our Federal government to kill people is himself killed by a gunman who, in turn, probably will be killed by a state government. If a firing squad was still an option, it would be even more ironic.

#1385985 - 02/04/13 03:02 AM Re: Former SEAL Sniper Killed on Shooting Range [Re: I did it!]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: I did it!
RIP Brother.

The guy who killed him, was a decorated Afghanistan Marine vet, who was suffering from severe PTSD.

#1385997 - 02/04/13 07:52 AM Re: Former SEAL Sniper Killed on Shooting Range [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
cwjga Online   content

Originally Posted By: Lucinda Knotts
How ironic... a man paid by our Federal government to kill people is himself killed by a gunman who, in turn, probably will be killed by a state government. If a firing squad was still an option, it would be even more ironic.

That would not be ironic, it would be poetic.

#1385998 - 02/04/13 07:59 AM Re: Former SEAL Sniper Killed on Shooting Range [Re: ]
cwjga Online   content

Originally Posted By: Chicago Jesus

8. “At another location, we found barrels of chemical material that was intended for use as biochemical weapons. Everyone talks about there being no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, but they seem to be referring to completed nuclear bombs, not the many deadly chemical weapons or precursors that Saddam had stockpiled.”

My nephew asked me once if we had heard about the WMDs they had found. I told him the stories all said that there were no WMDs that it was all a lie to go to war.

My nephew said that was when he realized that the fix was in, that the press hated Bush more than they cared about them being in danger.

#1386000 - 02/04/13 08:33 AM Re: Former SEAL Sniper Killed on Shooting Range [Re: cwjga]

Originally Posted By: cwjga

My nephew asked me once if we had heard about the WMDs they had found. I told him the stories all said that there were no WMDs that it was all a lie to go to war.

My nephew said that was when he realized that the fix was in, that the press hated Bush more than they cared about them being in danger.

The sad fact is, who do you think they got the weapons from in the first place.

#1386030 - 02/04/13 12:21 PM Re: Former SEAL Sniper Killed on Shooting Range [Re: Timbo]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: Timbo
Originally Posted By: I did it!
RIP Brother.

The guy who killed him, was a decorated Afghanistan Iraq Marine vet, who was suffering from severe PTSD.

CORRECTION, Hw served in Iraq.

#1386031 - 02/04/13 12:28 PM Re: Former SEAL Sniper Killed on Shooting Range [Re: cwjga]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: Lucinda Knotts

That would not be ironic, it would be poetic.

Actually it's neither, although you would probably be slightly more accurate.

Irony does not necessarily have to do with retribution as people have been stating. Irony is when the opposite of what you expect occurs, or when someone says something to mean the opposite of its literal meaning.

For example, if Joe says he got in a car accident and you reply "What a happy day," you would be being ironic, because of course you're pointing out that the day was anything BUT happy.

Poetic justice is when a reward or punishment occurs in a fitting matter, which often happens in works of fiction. It is often ironic. For example, if a poor man who was poor because he donated every cent to charity won the lottery, that would be poetic justice. If a thief who never got caught finally went to jail for a crime he never committed, that would be poetic justice and also ironic

- http://www.dictionary.com

#1386035 - 02/04/13 12:40 PM Re: Former SEAL Sniper Killed on Shooting Range [Re: cwjga]
Timbo Offline

First, it's WMD not WMD's. The barrels that were found were ALL abandoned from the first Persian Gulf War. They had degraded to the point, that while still toxic, were virtually useless as weapons and were too dangerous to even handle, even if Saddam had chosen to use then. Most accounts of this discovery, indicate that they had simply been 'forgotten' or abandoned after Operation Desert Storm. To my knowledge, not one single cache of usable WMD were ever discovered.

#1386047 - 02/04/13 01:08 PM Re: Former SEAL Sniper Killed on Shooting Range [Re: Timbo]

First, it's WMD not WMD's. The barrels that were found were ALL abandoned from the first Persian Gulf War. They had degraded to the point, that while still toxic, were virtually useless as weapons and were too dangerous to even handle, even if Saddam had chosen to use then. Most accounts of this discovery, indicate that they had simply been 'forgotten' or abandoned after Operation Desert Storm. To my knowledge, not one single cache of usable WMD were ever discovered.

Syria found them!

#1386106 - 02/04/13 04:05 PM Re: Former SEAL Sniper Killed on Shooting Range [Re: Timbo]
cwjga Online   content

I will be sure to tell my nephew, and his fellow marines, that what they found was not what they found, because Tim said so.

Edited by cwjga (02/04/13 04:07 PM)

#1386108 - 02/04/13 04:09 PM Re: Former SEAL Sniper Killed on Shooting Range [Re: cwjga]
Timbo Offline

I will be sure to tell my nephew, and his fellow marines, that what they found was not what they found, because Tim said so.

Re-read my post, Brainiac.

#1386130 - 02/04/13 07:03 PM Re: Former SEAL Sniper Killed on Shooting Range [Re: cwjga]
sands Offline

How fortunate we are to have someone who wasn't there to tell the people who were there what they saw \:D

#1386133 - 02/04/13 08:07 PM Re: Former SEAL Sniper Killed on Shooting Range [Re: sands]
I did it! Offline

Loc: West Coast 29 Palms

How fortunate we are to have someone who wasn't there to tell the people who were there what they saw \:D

Flashback stories! like Vietnam I have heard them all,some no-one would even believe. Wanna-bees walk amoung us daily.
I just call them cowards,plain and simple

#1386134 - 02/04/13 08:08 PM Re: Former SEAL Sniper Killed on Shooting Range [Re: sands]
Timbo Offline

You credulity is obvious.. If any Iraq war veteran claims to have discovered active WMD during 'Operation Enduring Freedom', then they are either mistaken, lying or the first on record to have found ANY.

#1386137 - 02/04/13 09:10 PM Re: Former SEAL Sniper Killed on Shooting Range [Re: Timbo]
Harley Bob Tale Offline

Loc: Mars
Maybe a couple of armed Kindergarten teachers could have prevented this tragedy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >