FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1385697 - 02/01/13 08:55 PM Extermination of Truth
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
In Amerika Law No Longer Exists: the extermination of truth — Paul Craig Roberts

In the 21st century Americans have experienced an extraordinary collapse in the rule of law and in their constitutional protections. Today American citizens, once a free people protected by law, can be assassinated and detained in prison indefinitely without any evidence being presented to a court of their guilt, and they can be sentenced to prison on the basis of secret testimony by anonymous witnesses not subject to cross examination. The US “justice system” has been transformed by the Bush/Obama regime into the ”justice system” of Gestapo Germany and Stalinist Russia. There is no difference.

In an article available here: http://www.wrmea.org/wrmea-archives/541-...ation-case.html Stephen Downs, formerly Chief Attorney with the New York State Commission on Judicial Conduct and Kathy Manley, a criminal defense attorney and member of the New York Civil Liberties Union, report on how the US government destroyed a charity, the Holy Land Foundation, which provided money for feeding the poor and for building schools and hospitals in Palestine.

The charity, aware of the perils of being based in the US and doing anything for Palestinians, relied on the US State Department and the US Department of Justice (sic) for guidance on where to send humanitarian aid. The charity sent its aid to the same aid committees in Palestine that the US Agency for International Development and the UN used to distribute aid to the Palestinians.

In the first trial of the Holy Land Foundation, the US government admitted that none of the charity’s donations had gone to terrorist organizations, and the federal prosecutors failed to achieve a conviction. So the prosecutors tried the charity again.

In the second trial, the judge permitted the prosecutors to call an “anonymous expert” to tell the jury that some of the committees used by USAID and the UN and approved by the US Department of State were controlled by Hamas, the elected government of Palestine that Israel requires the US government to brand as “terrorist.”

As Downs and Manley point out, an “anonymous expert” cannot “be challenged because he is unknown.” There cannot be a cross examination. The “expert” could be anyone--someone paid to lie to the jury, a Jew who believes all help to Palestinians comprises “aid to terrorists,” or a member of Mossad, the Israeli intelligence service that has throughly infiltrated the US according to US intelligence experts.

Injustices are everywhere, the authors admit, so why is this important to you? The answer is that the due process clause of the US Constitution requires that criminal laws give fair notice as to what conduct is prohibited. According to Downs and Manley, the Holy Land Foundation followed the US State Department’s list of designated terrorist organizations and avoided all contact with organizations on the list, but were indicted and convicted regardless. This tells us that federal prosecutors are viciously corrupt and that jurors are so inept and propagandized that they are useless to defendants.

The US Supreme Court refused to review this most blatant case of wrongful conviction. By so doing, the US Supreme Court established that the court, like the US House of Representatives, the US Senate, and the executive branch, is not only a servant of the police state but also a servant of Israel and supports the destruction of the Palestinians by designating aid to Palestine as an act of terrorism.

What this means for you is that your involvement in legal transactions or associations can be declared ex post facto by secret witnesses to be criminal involvements. The criminality of your past behavior can now be established, according to Downs and Manley, by “anonymous experts,” mouthpieces for the government prosecutors who cannot “be confronted or cross-examined within the meaning of the 6th Amendment.”

Downs and Manley write: “The implications are enormous. The government can now criminalize political, religious and social ideology and speech. Donating to peace groups, participating in protests, attending church, mosque or synagogue, entertaining friends, and posting material on the Internet, for example, could later be found to be illegal because of ‘associations,’ manufactured by anonymous experts, which in some way allegedly support designated terrorist organizations one has never heard of.”

The authors could have added that if the government wants to get you, all it has to do is to declare that someone or some organization somewhere in your past was connected in a vague undefined way with terrorism. The government’s assertion suffices. No proof is needed. The brainwashed jury will not protect you.

Be prepared in the next year or two for all criticism of “our freedom and democracy” government to be shut down. In Amerika, truth is about to be exterminated.

FingerLakes1.com
#1385713 - 02/01/13 10:55 PM Re: Extermination of Truth [Re: VM Smith]
Lucinda Knotts Offline

Loc: USA
Shutting the door on the bunker now since we're all DOOMED.

#1385795 - 02/02/13 01:09 PM Re: Extermination of Truth [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
More reasonable approaches would be to recognize that the rule of law is being ignored, almost to the point of abandonment, and to try to either change that situation, or to move to another country, if that change is not possible. Have fun in your bunker, though; I'm sure you'll have plenty of company.

#1385804 - 02/02/13 03:41 PM Re: Extermination of Truth [Re: VM Smith]
I did it! Offline

Loc: West Coast 29 Palms
Smitty just to think 10 minutes in a bunker with me would make her glad to move to Russia in a heartbeat. 10 mins that's if I take my meds first LMBO

#1385842 - 02/02/13 11:06 PM Re: Extermination of Truth [Re: I did it!]
Lucinda Knotts Offline

Loc: USA
Oh dear, another macho man... I don't think you'd last ten minutes, with or without your "meds."

#1385844 - 02/02/13 11:45 PM Re: Extermination of Truth [Re: I did it!]
Timbo Offline

Loc: CNY
Originally Posted By: I did it!
Smitty just to think 10 minutes in a bunker with me would make her glad to move to Russia in a heartbeat. 10 mins that's if I take my meds first LMBO

Go ahead idiot ididit, make just ONE more threat.

#1385950 - 02/03/13 06:03 PM Re: Extermination of Truth [Re: VM Smith]
WilllOWisp Offline

Loc: Seneca County
Great post VM. This nailed it.I am very uneasy about a lawless society or one that the laws don't keep the "ruling class" accountable but only us little people are the ones in jail for some weird law passed since 1990. We really need term limits and stop voting Schumer in until he dies.

#1385959 - 02/03/13 08:05 PM Re: Extermination of Truth [Re: Timbo]

Originally Posted By: Timbo

That wasn't a threat little Timmy. You're seeing ghosts again Timmy. Besides he wasn't even talking to you.

#1385984 - 02/04/13 02:58 AM Re: Extermination of Truth [Re: ]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: Chicago Jesus

That wasn't a threat little Timmy. You're seeing ghosts again Timmy. Besides he wasn't even talking to you.

Bite Me. I'll talk to whomever I wish, you lying coward moron.

#1385990 - 02/04/13 05:10 AM Re: Extermination of Truth [Re: Timbo]
Ranger Online   content
Diamond Member

Loc: GOD's 1/2 acre
such hateful vitriol \:o

#1386037 - 02/04/13 12:46 PM Re: Extermination of Truth [Re: Ranger]
Timbo Offline

It wasn't hateful, just an accurate statement of fact.

#1386043 - 02/04/13 01:02 PM Re: Extermination of Truth [Re: Timbo]

Oh little Timmy that's not nice! What about that liberal tolerance I keep hearing about?

#1386093 - 02/04/13 03:37 PM Re: Extermination of Truth [Re: ]
Timbo Offline

Oh little Timmy that's not nice! What about that liberal tolerance I keep hearing about?

As I've said before, I have no tolerance for willful ignorance, conservative or liberal. Though I'm beginning to suspect that your problem is nature-based vs nurtured.

#1386104 - 02/04/13 04:03 PM Re: Extermination of Truth [Re: Timbo]

As I've said before, I have no tolerance for willful ignorance, conservative of liberal. Though I'm beginning to suspect that your problem is nature-based vs nurtured.

Did you have a hard day at school today?

PS:No one cares if you've been if you're nurtured, that's more information than most want to know about you!

#1386111 - 02/04/13 04:16 PM Re: Extermination of Truth [Re: ]
Timbo Offline

As I've said before, I have no tolerance for willful ignorance, conservative of liberal. Though I'm beginning to suspect that your problem is nature-based vs nurtured.

Did you have a hard day at school today?

PS:No one cares if you've been if you're nurtured, that's more information than most want to know about you!

? ? ? ? ?

#1386155 - 02/05/13 06:23 AM Re: Extermination of Truth [Re: VM Smith]
mikey Offline

Loc: Rochester NY
VM, it amazes me that Americans cannot understand the hardcore truth in what was written in tat editorial. Not sure of this guy's political leanings..I know the blind lemmings will all say hard right winger...but how can they ignore the hardcore progressives that speak the same language: Chris Hedges, Matt Tiabbi to name just two.

To politicize this, as some are, is deep ignorance of the facts. There's lots to go around these days. Especially those bent on left/right thinking only vs the facts that can be demonstrated.

#1386157 - 02/05/13 07:17 AM Re: Extermination of Truth [Re: Timbo]
SportsRef1 Offline

and the true liberal side of Timmy rises to the top.

#1386158 - 02/05/13 07:17 AM Re: Extermination of Truth [Re: Timbo]
SportsRef1 Offline

It wasn't hateful, just an accurate statement of fact.

LOL!

#1386258 - 02/05/13 11:28 PM Re: Extermination of Truth [Re: mikey]
WilllOWisp Offline

Originally Posted By: mikey
VM, it amazes me that Americans cannot understand the hardcore truth in what was written in tat editorial. Not sure of this guy's political leanings..I know the blind lemmings will all say hard right winger...but how can they ignore the hardcore progressives that speak the same language: Chris Hedges, Matt Tiabbi to name just two.

To politicize this, as some are, is deep ignorance of the facts. There's lots to go around these days. Especially those bent on left/right thinking only vs the facts that can be demonstrated.

What ever happened the people in the middle? I used to think that's where I was. I have some liberal ideals, but I lean conservative because I think we need a civil society. Liberals want to oppress us and lie a lot about right leaning people. Uninformed voters believe what they are fed on the news shows. They don't realize they are just talking heads telling yiou how to think, how to feel about news. The heck wioth that! I haven't watched TV news in over a year.

Liberals want to put us all in neat little categories. AA, hispanic, martian.....I am not a square peg that even wants to fit in your little world of category squareness. When asked of my ethnicity on forms, I plainly just write "American".

I like being free. I have no shape except to pursue happiness in my environment. Free to say what I want to say. I should be able to do that, unless I am inciting violence. I hear stuff like that comong from the lefties or better yet, the commies.

30 years of the libtards' political correctness is just too much to ask. You can't say anything without it "making someone feel bad". Sending little boys home from scholl for making a gun shape with thier fingers????

Then like little high schoolers, they jump all over you if you say you believe in the US Constitution. "Oh, you can't say that, you're a racist!" inflect whining voice when reading that last line.
Well, you're PC is making me feel bad, so there...sticking tongue out. Grow up and meet us half way before we have a new war between the states because we are so divided. Then our enemies across the pond will be knocking on our door steps because we will be weakened fighting each other. Wake up, grow up and meet us half way. Thanks for reading my rant.

#1386265 - 02/06/13 06:10 AM Re: Extermination of Truth [Re: WilllOWisp]
mikey Offline

Loc: Rochester NY
Willowisp, I fear the people in the middle ( I really think I am too...some may not think so because I don't like every liberal idea on the block). Most in the middle seem to be asleep at the wheel, or at best, too busy trying to exist. Bad choice, it's led us to where we are. DeTocqueville warned that we would end up this way via our indifference.

The left and the right have stolen American rights. Many good things have come from both, but they have morphed into poisonous positions with disastrous outcomes. There are reasonable voices: Chris Hedges just pops in my head every day as a champion of common good and one with a total assault on our government's thievery and what corporations have done to take the country away from the people.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >