Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1385265 - 01/29/13 07:39 PM FOX News Tanks
Timbo Offline

Loc: CNY

FingerLakes1.com
#1385267 - 01/29/13 07:51 PM Re: FOX News Tanks [Re: Timbo]
Ohithere Offline

Timbo, I can just hear it from the Conservative posters, based on our discussion this morning, Chicago will ask you to cite other references to what we know to be factual. ;\)

#1385318 - 01/30/13 01:40 AM Re: FOX News Tanks [Re: Ohithere]
Timbo Offline

I suspect they're too busy digging bunker tunnels at Harley's 'compound'.

#1385333 - 01/30/13 09:05 AM Re: FOX News Tanks [Re: Ohithere]
SportsRef1 Offline

Loc: Seneca County
Originally Posted By: Ohithere

Timbo, I can just hear it from the Conservative posters, based on our discussion this morning, Chicago will ask you to cite other references to what we know to be factual. ;\)

nice shock and awe title to your post, but you fail to point out that FOX still is tops in the first 9 out of 10 spots with Madcow coming in 10th.....beating out the re-broadcast of the O'Reilly factor.....MSNBC should be proud that they can manage to beat a re-broadcasted FOX show!......once the love affair with Obama subsides the numbers will return to normal and FOX will continue with their dominance as they have for the past 11 years.....nice attempt by HuffPo though to assist "O" and his attack on FOX.

of course this would help to explain why the anointed one is so fixated with FOX as he cant manage to get himself out of bed with main stream media and their largely ineffective cable news spinoffs.....god forbid someone should question the liberals!

#1385353 - 01/30/13 12:33 PM Re: FOX News Tanks [Re: SportsRef1]
Ohithere Offline

Originally Posted By: SportsRef1

nice shock and awe title to your post, but you fail to point out that FOX still is tops in the first 9 out of 10 spots with Madcow coming in 10th.....beating out the re-broadcast of the O'Reilly factor.....MSNBC should be proud that they can manage to beat a re-broadcasted FOX show!......once the love affair with Obama subsides the numbers will return to normal and FOX will continue with their dominance as they have for the past 11 years.....nice attempt by HuffPo though to assist "O" and his attack on FOX.

of course this would help to explain why the anointed one is so fixated with FOX as he cant manage to get himself out of bed with main stream media and their largely ineffective cable news spinoffs.....god forbid someone should question the liberals!

Your post had some credence until you took that skid, irrespective of network affiliation,who by the way greatly influence voter's opinion on any candidate,your closing remark make no sense at all being that you've failed to acknowledge the fact that after network broadcasters do their jobs, the voters went out to do their's,which was the re-election of Obama, now how ineffective was FOX News on that endeavor to "inform" the ignorant? ;\)

#1385356 - 01/30/13 12:52 PM Re: FOX News Tanks [Re: Ohithere]

Your post had some credence until you took that skid, irrespective of network affiliation,who by the way greatly influence voter's opinion on any candidate,your closing remark make no sense at all being that you've failed to acknowledge the fact that after network broadcasters do their jobs, the voters went out to do their's,which was the re-election of Obama, now how ineffective was FOX News on that endeavor to "inform" the ignorant? ;\)
Ahahahahahahahaha... you haven't taken your cholinesterase inhibitor medication yet have you? Your comments makes zero sense, Screwball.

#1385361 - 01/30/13 01:07 PM Re: FOX News Tanks [Re: Ohithere]
SportsRef1 Offline

since the anointed one has publicly come out to pile on the #1 cable news channel lends it's own credence and validates the comments....after all millions look to him as their savior and we wouldn't want to question the anointed one now would we?....it does make you wonder though why FOX continues to cream the rest of the cable news networks.

#1385362 - 01/30/13 01:14 PM Re: FOX News Tanks [Re: SportsRef1]
Ohithere Offline

since the anointed one has publicly come out to pile on the #1 cable news channel lends it's own credence and validates the comments....after all millions look to him as their savior and we wouldn't want to question the anointed one now would we?....it does make you wonder though why FOX continues to cream the rest of the cable news networks.

I must admit that I have no actual numbers on the top network affiliation but who can be deemed the most effective in terms of getting their opinions out to the mainstream? This past Presidential election is indicative of the Liberal channels having more of a positive impact.

Edited by Ohithere (01/30/13 01:26 PM)

#1385364 - 01/30/13 01:42 PM Re: FOX News Tanks [Re: Ohithere]
Ghosts Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
I do watch various news programs, including Fox, CNN and MSNBC.

I have had criticism and mistrust of both Fox and CNN many times; however, I have come to understand that NOTHING that comes out of MSNBC can be trusted. They seem to be operating as the propoganda machine for this administration and pushing the agenda of the extreme left base. Even knowing this, I still force myself to watch.

This is only the current example:

MSNBC ‘reviewing’ Newtown ‘heckled’ video
Posted by Erik Wemple on January 30, 2013 at 7:40 am

MSNBC is reviewing its portrayal of the testimony of Neil Heslin, the father of a Sandy Hook victim, at a legislative hearing in Hartford on Monday. The 33-second video clip in question, embedded above, features a graphics box saying “Mocked and Loaded. Sandy Hook Victim’s Father Heckled by Gun Rights Advocates.”

“We’re reviewing the video in question,” says an MSNBC source.

Smart move, considering that Heslin wasn’t, in fact, heckled. Audience members merely answered a challenge that Heslin posed from the microphone. Here’s a transcript of how things unfolded:

Heslin: I don’t know how many people have young children or children. But just try putting yourself in the place that I’m in or these other parents that are here. Having a child that you lost. It’s not a good feeling; not a good feeling to look at your child laying in a casket or looking at your child with a bullet wound to the forehead. I ask if there’s anybody in this room that can give me one reason or challenge this question: Why anybody in this room needs to have an, one of these assault-style weapons or military weapons or high-capacity clips…..Not one person can answer that question.”

Crowd/Alleged Hecklers: “Second Amendment shall not be infringed”

Public official: “Please no comments while Mr. Heslin is speaking. Or we’ll clear the room. Mr. Heslin, please continue.”

That transcript comes from a look at the session’s full, 17-minute video, which is below. MSNBC excerpted a short bite that starts with Heslin saying, “Why anybody in this room…” and ends with the appeal from officialdom to “clear the room.” Accordingly, it skips over Heslin’s initial challenge to the public seated behind him: “I ask if there’s anybody in this room that can give me one reason or challenge this question…”

Those 18 words of context are crucial to the alleged heckling. They show that Heslin made a pointed attempt to rope in members of the Hartford crowd. His was apparently not an idle or rhetorical question.

MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell votes in favor of the “heckling” interpretation. He said on last night’s show, “Heckling’s when you say something stupid from the audience. And when a speaker rhetorically or directly asks an audience why you need 30-round magazines and assault weapons, and you yell a response which is basically ‘I think the Second Amendment says I can have them,’ you have not answered the question about why you need them.”

Clever thing that O’Donnell has done here — redefine the term “heckling” to apply narrowly to what happened in that hearing room. In doing so, he bypasses a more common definition, one that doesn’t help his case quite as much.

Another consideration that doesn’t help his case too much: Heslin’s reflections on the moment. In a chat last night on CNN with Piers Morgan, Heslin reports that he wasn’t “fazed” by the episode. “It wasn’t the answer to my question. It was a response,” he said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2013/01/30/msnbc-reviewing-newtown-heckled-video/

#1385387 - 01/30/13 03:46 PM Re: FOX News Tanks [Re: SportsRef1]
Timbo Offline

1) 'Tanking' is the PRECISE term that is used by the industry to describe such a dramatic plunge in TV ratings.

2) Wrong as usual Ref. FOXNews Ratings ARE lower than since before 911. The FOX 'Network's' show standings ARE in the article I linked to.

3) All indications are strongly suggesting, that the opposite is in fact, happening.

#1385398 - 01/30/13 04:28 PM Re: FOX News Tanks [Re: Ohithere]
cwjga Offline

Loc: NY

#1385400 - 01/30/13 04:34 PM Re: FOX News Tanks [Re: cwjga]
cwjga Offline

FOX News Channel is Again Top-Rated Cable News Network for the Month of January
Categories: Cable News Ratings,Network TV Press Releases

Written By Amanda Kondolojy

January 29th, 2013

FNC again beat MSNBC and CNN in total day and primetime viewership and among adults 25-54 for the month of January. This most recent win marks 11 consecutive years of FNC's dominance as the #1-rated cable news network. Please see below for more on FNC's January numbers.

JANUARY 2013 NIELSEN RATINGS (7 day week):

TOTAL DAY

FNC: 1,029,000 total viewers; (209,000 in 25-54)

MSNBC: 491,000 total viewers; (160,000 in 25-54)

CNN: 448,000 total viewers; (135,000 in 25-54)

PRIMETIME

FNC: 1,617,000 total viewers; (267,000 in 25-54)

MSNBC: 790,000 total viewers; (235,000 in 25-54)

CNN: 664,000 total viewers; (200,000 in 25-54)

Source: Nielsen Media Research

#1385402 - 01/30/13 04:49 PM Re: FOX News Tanks [Re: cwjga]
ProAct Offline

Loc: New York State, Seneca County
The #s should be interesting in a few years. Sometimes lies take a while to be caught up with.

#1385405 - 01/30/13 05:02 PM Re: FOX News Tanks [Re: cwjga]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: cwjga
FOX News Channel is Again Top-Rated Cable News Network for the Month of January
Categories: Cable News Ratings,Network TV Press Releases

Written By Amanda Kondolojy

January 29th, 2013

FNC again beat MSNBC and CNN in total day and primetime viewership and among adults 25-54 for the month of January. This most recent win marks 11 consecutive years of FNC's dominance as the #1-rated cable news network. Please see below for more on FNC's January numbers.

JANUARY 2013 NIELSEN RATINGS (7 day week):

TOTAL DAY

FNC: 1,029,000 total viewers; (209,000 in 25-54)

MSNBC: 491,000 total viewers; (160,000 in 25-54)

CNN: 448,000 total viewers; (135,000 in 25-54)

PRIMETIME

FNC: 1,617,000 total viewers; (267,000 in 25-54)

MSNBC: 790,000 total viewers; (235,000 in 25-54)

CNN: 664,000 total viewers; (200,000 in 25-54)

Source: Nielsen Media Research

Which changes absolutely nothing, regarding the the forum thread topic.

You wanna know what's REALLY interesting?

Study Finds Fox News Viewers Least Informed Of All Viewers:

Another study has concluded that people who only watch Fox News are less informed than all other news consumers.

Researchers at Fairleigh Dickinson University updated a study they had conducted in late 2011. That study only sampled respondents from New Jersey, where the university is located. This time, the researchers conducted a nationwide poll.

The poll asked questions about international news (Iran, Egypt, Syria and Greece were included) and domestic affairs (Republican primaries, Congress, unemployment and the Keystone XL pipeline.)

The pollsters found that people were usually able to answer 1.8 out of 4 questions on foreign news, and 1.6 of 5 questions on domestic news, and that people who don’t watch any news were able to get 1.22 of the questions on domestic policy right.

As the study explained, though, people who watched only Fox News fared worse:
The largest effect is that of Fox News: all else being equal, someone who watched only Fox News would be expected to answer just 1.04 domestic questions correctly — a figure which is significantly worse than if they had reported watching no media at all. On the other hand, if they listened only to NPR, they would be expected to answer 1.51 questions correctly; viewers of Sunday morning talk shows fare similarly well. And people watching only The Daily Show with Jon Stewart could answer about 1.42 questions correctly.

Other networks also did badly in some sections; MSNBC viewers and Fox News viewers both fared worse in answering international questions than people who watched no news.

People who only listened to NPR or watched Sunday morning talk shows or “The Daily Show” did the best in the study.

#1385426 - 01/30/13 06:39 PM Re: FOX News Tanks [Re: Timbo]
cwjga Offline

\:D You fell for the fake study \:D

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. \:D

#1385427 - 01/30/13 06:43 PM Re: FOX News Tanks [Re: cwjga]
Timbo Offline

Explain.

#1385436 - 01/30/13 07:21 PM Re: FOX News Tanks [Re: cwjga]
Ohithere Offline

You get the "dumb" prize for the day Cwjga
Now tell all of us uninformed posters where you obtained all your factual data.

#1385529 - 01/31/13 05:33 PM Re: FOX News Tanks [Re: Timbo]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: Timbo

Explain.

I'm STILL waiting.

Should we take your lack of response, to be a confirmation of your lack of credibility?

#1386364 - 02/06/13 11:34 PM Re: FOX News Tanks [Re: Timbo]
Timbo Offline

Fox News’ Credibility Declines (even further):

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_National_206.pdf

#1386394 - 02/07/13 09:32 AM Re: FOX News Tanks [Re: Timbo]
SportsRef1 Offline

Good read Timmy......what I noticed was that overall Fox was still the most trusted(could be skewed by age and race of respondents though, like they all could be) and the other thing I noticed was that most news outlets are not trusted....that was interesting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >