FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#1384735 --- 01/26/13 05:48 PM Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ?
pocketmouse Offline

Loc: geneva, ny
The first person to post the correct response will get a free doughnut and coffee at DD on me.

PM

FingerLakes1.com
#1384739 --- 01/26/13 06:08 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
sox fan Offline

Loc: ny, usa
So it makes it easier to smell and look at?

#1384740 --- 01/26/13 06:10 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: sox fan]
pocketmouse Offline

True, but not the original reason. I like your response however.:)

PM

#1384742 --- 01/26/13 06:19 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
The REAL SF HERO Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
It was the site of the original Town of Seneca Falls Dump

#1384743 --- 01/26/13 06:22 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Altruism Offline

Loc: Mother Earth
Originally Posted By: pocketmouse
The first person to post the correct response will get a free doughnut and coffee at DD on me.

PM

It's over the top of a very large clay deposit.

#1384744 --- 01/26/13 06:26 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: The REAL SF HERO]
pocketmouse Offline

When the decision was made for the site, it was not originally the town dump. It was owned by a private owner. We are getting warmer. Another good response. I just may have to buy three doughnuts and coffee. \:\)

PM

#1384745 --- 01/26/13 06:33 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Altruism]
pocketmouse Offline

That is the rumor used to cover-up the truth that was started (not by you) years ago. Hint: it was never an evironmental decision, it was political in nature. Keep digging. We are getting closer.

PM

#1384746 --- 01/26/13 06:36 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Here's Johnny Offline

Loc: New York
Back in the day it was owned by Mr. Tantillo. "Chick" Sinicropi, Seneca Falls Town Supervisor was looking for a way to pay the bills at Seneca Falls Hospital. It is my understanding that he was able to secure the property from Mr. Tantillo and begin the colossus we now see before us...

Edited by Here's Johnny (01/26/13 06:42 PM)

#1384749 --- 01/26/13 07:23 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Here's Johnny]
pocketmouse Offline

You are very close. Chick may have been involved in the title changes during this time (he was never part of the problem just duped by some persuasive people), however, the actually mover and shaker was the head of the Republican Party. He owned the scrape metal business in town and the future landfill site that was filled with private toxic waste materials of various types. To sell the land for business use he would have had to clean it up. He did not have the resources to do so, however he did have an inside track on the need for a landfill in upstate NY for NYC's trash. Now, no one in the DEC or Environmental fields would ever select a landfill site at the head of a freshwater lake no matter how much clay there was. Within 50 years or less the ground water from beneath the landfill would reach the lake and our drinking water gone. However, this man had all the political power to make it happen and he did. From the beginning there has been regular changing of ownership. It helps to confuse the public. Now, I am old and no longer have to worry about protecting other people or myself. I think a little review of the real problems over the years will help more persons know why the Village had no choice but to end the underlying corruption that has been caused by a "very few greedy people".

BTW, I am an (R) and have no bones to pick with former or current members of the party.

PM

Edited by pocketmouse (01/26/13 07:26 PM)

#1384756 --- 01/26/13 08:14 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Just curious... when was Seneca Meadows started?

#1384757 --- 01/26/13 08:29 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Josephus]
pocketmouse Offline

The official date was during the mid 1980's. The title changes earlier. If you ever get a chance to look at the original abstract, good luck... your eyes might cross...LOL. It is a mess to say the least. How long have your been in SC?

I think it would be great fun to have a copy of the abstract available in the library for all to see and learn the history of "Mount Trashmore". Sorry, that is what many have called it back in the day. If you are trying to figure when I lived in SF, just ask. It was 1981-2000, 19 years. \:\)

PM
PM

Edited by pocketmouse (01/26/13 08:33 PM)

#1384761 --- 01/26/13 09:25 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Quote:
Now, no one in the DEC or Environmental fields would ever select a landfill site at the head of a freshwater lake no matter how much clay there was.

They've had one in Ithaca, at the head of Cayuga Lake, for years.

#1384764 --- 01/26/13 09:54 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: VM Smith]
pocketmouse Offline

I think the selection of that site was not made by either agency. Why do you think it was? What year are you talking about?

PM

#1384765 --- 01/26/13 09:57 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

I could care less where you live. ;\) I ask because I'm not from here originally, and moved here in 1999. Mount Trashmore was well established then. And yes... many of us DO call it Mount Trashmore. \:\)

#1384767 --- 01/26/13 10:07 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Josephus]
pocketmouse Offline

Nice try. Your have been in SC since 1999 and you have not asked that question before now. Hum, I don't buy it. You were fishing, and I know a wiggle worm when I see one. So stop acting so dramatic, it is boring. You knew the answer before you asked. You have been posting on these threads since 2000, 13 years. And no discussions about the landfill before, right.

PM

#1384774 --- 01/27/13 04:52 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Sallie Offline

Loc: NY
It isn't some big secret or conspiracy.
Tantillo owned it. He offered half to my father in law but
he wasn't interested. It was later sold to a bigger company, which I don't feel anyone expected it to become what it is now.

#1384782 --- 01/27/13 07:11 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Top Dog Offline

Loc: Lap Dog
You are very close. Chick may have been involved in the title changes during this time (he was never part of the problem just duped by some persuasive people), however, the actually mover and shaker was the head of the Republican Party. He owned the scrape metal business in town and the future landfill site that was filled with private toxic waste materials of various types. To sell the land for business use he would have had to clean it up. He did not have the resources to do so, however he did have an inside track on the need for a landfill in upstate NY for NYC's trash. Now, no one in the DEC or Environmental fields would ever select a landfill site at the head of a freshwater lake no matter how much clay there was. Within 50 years or less the ground water from beneath the landfill would reach the lake and our drinking water gone. However, this man had all the political power to make it happen and he did. From the beginning there has been regular changing of ownership. It helps to confuse the public. Now, I am old and no longer have to worry about protecting other people or myself. I think a little review of the real problems over the years will help more persons know why the Village had no choice but to end the underlying corruption that has been caused by a "very few greedy people".

BTW, I am an (R) and have no bones to pick with former or current members of the party.

PM

Are you referring to the toxic waste that came from the Depot via Hymie's trucks? Waived through at the gate for years.

Technically waste from Seneca County for all of those that blindly say we should have it as only ours.

#1384785 --- 01/27/13 07:36 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Top Dog]
DR. D Offline

Loc: Waterloo/Seneca Falls/Junius/T...
Oddly enough I want to ask a bigger question then anyone is asking here and make some folks privy to something bigger.

I was and I will say was a quite healthy 30 something. I lived up the road from the big pile for many years (moved away a few years back) and I realy want to know how I got a tumor on my thyroid along with Trigeminal Neuralgia(look in FL1's heath section on the forums I will post about it there). Oh... and that goes for my daughter whom also has one, the other teenaged girl down the street with a thyroid tumor, and the 11 other people that I personally know that live or have lived surrounding that place that have thyroid or other forms of cancer as well?

I believe that something enviromental is causing this and it's only the beginning....I firmly believe the company that has it now has no idea on what they are sitting on or the responsibility they now have.

#1384790 --- 01/27/13 08:49 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: DR. D]
sox fan Offline

Sorry to learn about your health issues. Maybe that jerk that wants "FACTS" about how unsafe the landfill is will read your posts. Dump poison on top of us and think nothing will happen, just because it creates paychecks

#1384806 --- 01/27/13 09:38 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: DR. D]
pocketmouse Offline

Dr D, thank you for posting and sharing the real tragedy that this landfill has caused. I now feel it is time to share information with you and the people of Seneca County. I have an appointment, but will return in 3 hours to post information to help you and many others. More very soon.

PM

#1384810 --- 01/27/13 10:34 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Nice try. Your have been in SC since 1999 and you have not asked that question before now. Hum, I don't buy it. You were fishing, and I know a wiggle worm when I see one. So stop acting so dramatic, it is boring. You knew the answer before you asked. You have been posting on these threads since 2000, 13 years. And no discussions about the landfill before, right.

PM

OMG... I couldn't care less where you live. Why would I care? I just thought I'd ask the question, as I've never heard of when it began. It was just a idle question. BTW, I don't live in SC, but work there. I live in CC.

Forget I even asked, freak!

#1384815 --- 01/27/13 11:31 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Top Dog Offline

The official date was during the mid 1980's. The title changes earlier. If you ever get a chance to look at the original abstract, good luck... your eyes might cross...LOL. It is a mess to say the least. How long have your been in SC?

I think it would be great fun to have a copy of the abstract available in the library for all to see and learn the history of "Mount Trashmore". Sorry, that is what many have called it back in the day. If you are trying to figure when I lived in SF, just ask. It was 1981-2000, 19 years. \:\)

PM
PM

Why are title companies working at the County Clerk's office while you state abstract reflecting ownership can be found at the library?

Since when are deeds reported to the library?

#1384816 --- 01/27/13 11:47 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

I think the selection of that site was not made by either agency. Why do you think it was? What year are you talking about?

PM

I'm talking about right now...2013. A municipal landfill cannot operate, right now, in NYS, without a NYSDEC permit. The Ithaca facility is operating, right now. It has a NYSDEC permit. It would not have NYSDEC permit if NYSDEC thought its location is a hazard.

Ithaca is at the head of the lake; SF is at the foot, to clear up your obvious confusion about that.

The Ithaca facility is located in Ithaca because the people living in Ithaca thought that would be a convenient place to locate the Ithaca facility. Does that explain, to you, why it was selected, sufficiently, or do you need more explanation?

#1384821 --- 01/27/13 12:29 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: VM Smith]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: VM Smith

Ithaca is at the head of the lake; SF is at the foot, to clear up your obvious confusion about that.

What decides that? Inlets and outlets? I guess it has nothing to do with North & South, as I had thought.

#1384827 --- 01/27/13 01:01 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Josephus]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Yes...inlets and outlets, just as the head of a river is at the beginning of the flow. Cayuga Inlet is in Ithaca, and Mud Lock drops 6.5 ft at the drainage end.

Trivia; if you look at the map, you can see that Salmon Creek flows SW into Cayuga L., which is a relic of a time when Cayuga flowed south. Also, the lake used be 100s of ft higher in the past. If you look from East Hill, in Ithaca, to West Hill, you can see old beach levels on that hillside which are up to 500 ft higher than present lake level...or about 900 ft ASL, IOW.

The height of the present watersheds is in various places around Ithaca. Cayuta Lake drains to the Chesapeake, as does part of Dryden Town. Parts of DT drain to the Cayuga and Owasco watersheds, and thence to the L. Ontario/St. Lawrence outlet to the sea.

Another major height is around Rome, which is why Ft. Stanwix was located on that portage (Oneida Carrying Place) between the L. Ontario and the Mohawk R. watersheds...important trade route.

#1384829 --- 01/27/13 01:33 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: VM Smith]
Dr. Sarcassm Esq Offline

#1. It would not have NYSDEC permit if NYSDEC thought its location is a hazard.

#2 Ithaca is at the head of the lake; SF is at the foot, to clear up your obvious confusion about that.

#1 So I guess all the Seneca Meadows bashing that you have done in the past was in conflict with your statement here.

#2 Head/Foot - poor description. The real way to illustrate it is that the water flow is from South to North on Cayuga Lake. A NYDEC dump at the "mouth" of the water flow has been approved.

#1384831 --- 01/27/13 01:37 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: DR. D]
Dr. Sarcassm Esq Offline

Originally Posted By: DR. D
Oddly enough I want to ask a bigger question then anyone is asking here and make some folks privy to something bigger.

I was and I will say was a quite healthy 30 something. I lived up the road from the big pile for many years (moved away a few years back) and I realy want to know how I got a tumor on my thyroid along with Trigeminal Neuralgia(look in FL1's heath section on the forums I will post about it there). Oh... and that goes for my daughter whom also has one, the other teenaged girl down the street with a thyroid tumor, and the 11 other people that I personally know that live or have lived surrounding that place that have thyroid or other forms of cancer as well?

I believe that something enviromental is causing this and it's only the beginning....I firmly believe the company that has it now has no idea on what they are sitting on or the responsibility they now have.

I have no sympathy for people who buy next to toxic sites and then complain about tumors.

If you moved next to the lake are you going to next complain about mercury poisioning when you eat the fish?

#1384854 --- 01/27/13 03:10 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Sallie]
pocketmouse Offline

Sallie, thank you for posting. You have bought up an interesting point I should have noted earlier. I am not talking about a conspiracy. A conspiracy is when people of like thinking get together and kill JFK. That is different from corruption by certain individuals to gain money through miss use of power and authority. In SF you have corruption. Stick around you can offer a great deal of information to ID the problems and maybe suggestions to solve some.

PM

Edited by pocketmouse (01/27/13 05:17 PM)

#1384856 --- 01/27/13 03:51 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
I did it! Offline

Loc: West Coast 29 Palms
Bottom line $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Three of my daughtes have had thier thyroids removed. One had a kidney removed as well as her thyroid. My wife had cancer as well as several friens of ours thet live in Seneca Falla.
Maybe that's why Chick moved out of state.

#1384858 --- 01/27/13 04:01 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Dr. Sarcassm Esq]
sox fan Offline

I really don't think Dr D. is asking for sympathy. Just be thankful you don't have any tumors. Our health is the most important thing we have, and if Dr. D thinks his problems are associated with the landfill, he's probably correct. If anything, I have sympathy for you. To make an analogy to living next to the landfill and fish with mercury tells me you are one ignorant, stupid fool.!

Edited by sox fan (01/27/13 04:39 PM)

#1384862 --- 01/27/13 04:48 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: sox fan]
hearallseeall Offline

Loc: nolongerunder10pilesoftrash
We should all look at the problems Lake Ontario is facing today. Lake Ontario is one of the most stressed lakes due to dumping toxins into rivers that lead to this lake and the shorelines.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/12/18/environment-great-lakes-study/1777689/

Will Cayuga Lake be the most stressed Lake in the Finger Lakes in 20-50-100 years due to the lack of ignorant decisions made by the leaders losers of SF today??

#1384863 --- 01/27/13 04:49 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Top Dog]
pocketmouse Offline

Top Dog, I never said deeds were recoreded at the Libraray. ???

#1384865 --- 01/27/13 05:00 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Dr. Sarcassm Esq]
pocketmouse Offline

Dr Sarcassm, Most people were homeowners way before all the toxic materials arrived. Keep following the posts. You will learn a great deal. I am so glad I started the Trivia question. I had no idea the people of sf and sc were ready to explore this issue and so willing to share there experiences. I think this just might be the right time to expose the corrupt and start to cleanse our community. That is my hope at this point.

PM

#1384869 --- 01/27/13 05:05 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: VM Smith]
pocketmouse Offline

VM, I think you have to post on Tomkins county thread. No comment was made that thiaca landfil is "in this discussion".
BTW, ground water from SM does flow towards the lake.

PM

Edited by pocketmouse (01/27/13 05:44 PM)

#1384870 --- 01/27/13 05:15 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Josephus]
pocketmouse Offline

Josephus, underground water flows go in many directions. SM groundwater has several flows and directions including flow towards the lake. VM likes me so much he follows my posts and challenges my info...LOL. I have more info regarding the DEC, but first I need to address another poster's question. Good question, thanks.

PM

#1384872 --- 01/27/13 05:29 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Top Dog Offline

Very odd for you to want the abstract at the library. We shouldn't start operating our library for political causes.

#1384874 --- 01/27/13 05:43 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: hearallseeall]
pocketmouse Offline

hearalseeall, You are so right. We the people are the true stewards of our lakes, rivers, and streams. I think a review of the tragedy at Love Canal (goggle it for info) would help many get on board with stopping corruption of a few that destroy the health and homes of the many. I had no idea this post would result in so many caring people to post. At this point I think Seneca county people can set an example for other communities to follow in the steps necessary to take back any community from the corrupt and make positive moves to clean our lake. We need to move step by step to solve the contamination of this lake in order to help all the others as well as ourselves. I have sent one poster to a different thread because divided we will not achieve any goal. It is not to say, what is done here cannot be followed immediately by other communities however. As far as I am concerned our info and support should help any community in need. Thank you for posting and revealing the enormous problem toxic materials in water sources has and is still causing.

PM
I have lost my Internet link at home. I am currently posting from a WiFi location. Sorry for any errors or typos.

Edited by pocketmouse (01/27/13 05:57 PM)

#1384877 --- 01/27/13 05:48 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Top Dog]
pocketmouse Offline

Top Dog, I guess you do not use reference materials often. Libraries have always been used to house documents of public interest. Ask any college student.

PM

#1384883 --- 01/27/13 06:10 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Dr. Sarcassm Esq Offline

Dr Sarcassm, Most people were homeowners way before all the toxic materials arrived. Keep following the posts. You will learn a great deal. I am so glad I started the Trivia question. I had no idea the people of sf and sc were ready to explore this issue and so willing to share there experiences. I think this just might be the right time to expose the corrupt and start to cleanse our community. That is my hope at this point.

PM

You are absolutely WRONG on this one and I doubt you have any real documentation. Where is the "I will be back in 3 hours info"? Look up Tantillo and the barrells of toxicity that was buried and still is buried there.

#1384885 --- 01/27/13 06:25 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Top Dog]
Here's Johnny Offline

It is sad to think how ignorance or careless disregard contributed to the troubles now found among those who lived near Klionsky's.

#1384886 --- 01/27/13 06:27 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Dr. Sarcassm Esq]
DR. D Offline

Originally Posted By: Dr. Sarcassm Esq

I have no sympathy for people who buy next to toxic sites and then complain about tumors.

If you moved next to the lake are you going to next complain about mercury poisioning when you eat the fish?

I am not looking for sympathy not in the slightest and certinly not from some random stranger like yourself. Unlike yourself I do not hide who I am, therefore I do not say anything on here that I would not say in public.

Truth is that me and the former misses were given the land to build on by her family and prior to that my grandparents lived just down the road from my old property from the late 60's to the late 80's, so I pretty much was exposed from an early age untill a few years back daily.

I also believe that IES has tried to contain the mess that they purchased as best that they can.

#1384890 --- 01/27/13 06:38 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: DR. D]
pocketmouse Offline

Dr D, First no owners of SM will be held responsible for clean up to my knowledge. The monies the county receives from SM should be set aside for that, which is a joke in terms of real costs for clean-up. With the several changes in ownership, the various companies would tie up the county for a 100 years in court. Who, what, when did which company cause the contamination. See the problem. It is my understanding the county property taxes are reduced and or completely eliminated by SM payments while the landfill is in operation by any company. I will address your illness questions in the next post, going to dinner.:)

pm

Edited by pocketmouse (01/27/13 06:44 PM)

#1384891 --- 01/27/13 06:39 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

VM, I think you have to post on Tomkins county thread. No comment was made that thiaca landfil is "in this discussion".

PM

What on earth would lead you to think I have to post in Tompkins?

Quote:
No comment was made that thiaca landfil is "in this discussion".

That was in reply to your implication that the NYSDEC thinks that landfills near lakes are hazardous. Just off the top of my head I could think of another NYSDEC permitted landfill near the same lake.

If you'd take a deep breath, and give it a second's thought, you'd realize that it's impossible NOT to locate a landfill near water in NYS. And whether it be lake, river, creek, ditch, or ground water, it all moves.

Quote:

That is true. What's your point?

#1384892 --- 01/27/13 06:39 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Dr. Sarcassm Esq Offline

Well you were healthy until 30, continued to live on the 'free land" and then brought your daughter up in the same environment, what is your point. You think living next to the largest landfill in NYS is a healthy environment.

And what does who someone is has to do with the posts?

#1384894 --- 01/27/13 06:47 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Dr. Sarcassm Esq]
pocketmouse Offline

Dr Sarcassm, you need to put the weed down for while. You have pocketmouse linked with someone elses post.

Sorry.

PM

#1384895 --- 01/27/13 06:47 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Dr. Sarcassm Esq]
DR. D Offline

Well you were healthy until 30, continued to live on the 'free land" and then brought your daughter up in the same environment, what is your point. You think living next to the largest landfill in NYS is a healthy environment.

And what does who someone is has to do with the posts?

Do you think the landfill was even visable when I first moved out there?

Just gonna ask, did you come here just to argue?

#1384896 --- 01/27/13 06:50 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Dr. Sarcassm Esq]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:
#1 So I guess all the Seneca Meadows bashing that you have done in the past was in conflict with your statement here.

Not at all; my idea of what is safe has nothing to do with what the DEC thinks is safe, and the latter is what engendered my response to PM, on that subject.

Quote:
Head/Foot - poor description. The real way to illustrate it is that the water flow is from South to North on Cayuga Lake. A NYDEC dump at the "mouth" of the water flow has been approved.

Head/foot is and apt, accurate, and time-honored way to describe the inlet and outlet of a lake, especially when those points are at extremes, as in this case. The dump is not, OTOH, at the "mouth" of any water flow. It's about 5+ miles from the Seneca River at Mud Lock.

lakehead noun

Definition of LAKEHEAD

: the part of a lake most distant from its outlet

#1384897 --- 01/27/13 06:51 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Dr. Sarcassm Esq]
pocketmouse Offline

I guess you missed my post about losing my Internet link and I am now posting from a WiFi site. You are very angry person, take it somewhere else please.

PM

#1384899 --- 01/27/13 06:58 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Sallie Offline

I grew up on Lower Lake Road, second house south of the park.
The lake was clear then. Now its murky and that weed is growing in it.

#1384900 --- 01/27/13 07:00 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: VM Smith]
pocketmouse Offline

VM, you have interrupted this tread just to grandstand as you like to do. Once your off subject remarks are addressed you come up with others. I am moving on to other posters and you can post your brains out. In my training you are labeled as a "Crusader". Basically, a Crusader is a person that gets into a public discussion, and to get attention tries to take control of the information between participates with unrelated information. Have fun without me.

PM

Edited by pocketmouse (01/27/13 07:02 PM)

#1384901 --- 01/27/13 07:01 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Josephus, underground water flows go in many directions. SM groundwater has several flows and directions including flow towards the lake. VM likes me so much he follows my posts and challenges my info...LOL. I have more info regarding the DEC, but first I need to address another poster's question. Good question, thanks.

PM

Some people believe that rivers generally or always flow north to south. Not sure where they get that notion, but perhaps they think gravity works on maps? ;\) About 20 years ago I worked in Concord, MA. I used to run into people who said that the Concord River is the only river in the world that flows south to north. My response was "I have three words for you. The Nile River!" \:\) Another local river that flowed to the northeast was the Charles River. They should have thought of that one. ;\)

#1384902 --- 01/27/13 07:01 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Dr. Sarcassm Esq Offline

ALL,

Here is my beef. Stop bashing the Landfill. It is what it is. The are very generous with organizations and run a very responible operation under control of the DEC.

I take issue (not to argue) with people making outrageous charges (ie Thyroid disease) without evidence.

#1384903 --- 01/27/13 07:06 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Josephus]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

And the Yukon, the Ob, the Lena, the Yenisey, the Red River in the United States and Canada, the Mackenzie, the San Joaquin, the Darwin, and the Orinoco.

#1384905 --- 01/27/13 07:06 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Dr. Sarcassm Esq]
DR. D Offline

Its not outrageous to comprehend that several folks located around it have medical issues. Its a fact.

I also am not bashing the current owners of the landfill.

#1384906 --- 01/27/13 07:09 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: VM Smith]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

And the Yukon, the Darwin, and the Orinoco.

I actually thought of the Orinoco. \:\)

#1384907 --- 01/27/13 07:11 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Josephus]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

LOL...check edit...I went looking.

#1384908 --- 01/27/13 07:12 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Dr. Sarcassm Esq]
pocketmouse Offline

Dr Sarcassm, Point taken. I guess you will be removing yourself from this thread since you have stated your position clearly.

A position does not constitute a fact, you do realize that, right. No poster here owes you hardcopy proof of any of their medical conditions either, now do they?

Have a nice life.

MM

Edited by pocketmouse (01/27/13 10:01 PM)

#1384909 --- 01/27/13 07:16 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

[quotA position does not constitute a fact,e][/quote]

Correct, in that they don't equal each other, but that doesn't mean a position can't be based on facts.

#1384910 --- 01/27/13 07:22 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: VM Smith]
DR. D Offline

Here is a legit question, does anyone think that the current location of the dump is a good idea?

#1384913 --- 01/27/13 07:31 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: DR. D]
Dr. Sarcassm Esq Offline

Best location for Seneca Falls benefactors

#1384914 --- 01/27/13 07:31 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Dr. Sarcassm Esq Offline

VM, you have interrupted this tread just to grandstand as you like to do. Once your off subject remarks are addressed you come up with others. I am moving on to other posters and you can post your brains out. In my training you are labeled as a "Crusader". Basically, a Crusader is a person that gets into a public discussion, and to get attention tries to take control of the information between participates with unrelated information. Have fun without me.

PM

#1384915 --- 01/27/13 07:34 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: DR. D]
pocketmouse Offline

I have to head home now. Great question. My response, NYS should have had the DEC and EPA pick the best location(s) for all landfills. Testing underground water flows etc, soil runoff, and soil types to mention a few important issues. More soon. I will see if my Internet link is working when I get home...

As always your Not so Lovable...Pocketmouse

#1384916 --- 01/27/13 07:34 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: DR. D]
Dr. Sarcassm Esq Offline

Originally Posted By: DR. D
Its not outrageous to comprehend that several folks located around it have medical issues. Its a fact.

I also am not bashing the current owners of the landfill.

Hardly scientific, how about the people who live around Goulds or Sylvania or the Mill? Your point is being made in a vacuum

#1384917 --- 01/27/13 07:38 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Dr. Sarcassm Esq]
DR. D Offline

Your point is being made in a vacuum

Hey woah now, I believe it was you that said the Dyson ball cleaner to be a seriously misleading name.....

#1384918 --- 01/27/13 07:44 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Dr. Sarcassm Esq]
Sallie Offline

My mother, my sister and an aunt by marriage all have/had thyroid issues that are extreme. All have lived long term in Waterloo.
The cause is unknown at this time. My mother had cancer in 1984. We had lived on Lower Lake Road on Cayuga Lake for years before moving to Waterloo. At that time if you had cancer you went to Rochester for treatment. When my mother went to Rochester for treatment she came home stating that a bunch of people who lived on Lower Lake Road were in the waiting room for treatment. My father had cancer, my oldest sister, many of you knew her, died a little over a year ago of a stroke, we donated her organs. When they opened her up to "harvest" her organs she was full of cancer in every organ and she didn't know it. Cause, unknown. I cannot say if the landfill, the lake or what caused my families suffering. I have heard our area has a very high cancer incidences.
My own health issues came from contamination by pesticides/herbicides which ruined my immune system and caused tumors. I unknowingly sat in my front yard weeding out a hedge and ivy bed one day and did not know the county had sprayed 10 feet from me and it had run off into my yard. Everyone in my neighborhood including their pets, became ill and thought they had the flu until tests showed what it really was.
I believe yes, the water, the landfill and any other possible cause of pollutants should be tested. What can be done about it is very little. I personally had an article written on my situation by an ecological newspaper in Albany as that got the message out to many more people than I could on my own. I was then asked to testify in Albany on what happened to me. 119 persons were poisoned that summer in NYS. On Brewer Road is a site that was on the Super Fund site but somehow became to insignificant to actually have it cleaned up. Barrels of stuff is still out in the woods that Evans dumped years ago. I feel if people really want something done, you have to hound Albany, and that will take years before they listen. The landfill may or may not be affecting peoples health. Only money seems to talk to get anything done and that is if its not to late already as what has been in the ground has been there for a long time and may be irreversible at this point.
The best thing to be done is stop electing people into office who have contributed to these issues and get the State to listen.

#1384920 --- 01/27/13 07:54 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Sallie]
Dr. Sarcassm Esq Offline

Dr. D - not me I don't know Dyson

Sallie - could it have been Evans Chemetics?

#1384922 --- 01/27/13 08:04 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Dr. Sarcassm Esq]
Sallie Offline

Dr. S no proof where these health issues came from for my family, only guesses for them. My father worked at Sylvania for 38 years.

Edited by Sallie (01/27/13 08:09 PM)

#1384923 --- 01/27/13 08:12 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Sallie]
Sallie Offline

Anyone who has lived in Waterloo has been barraged with Evens smell and orange water, the landfills smell also. Most likely toxic to our health. Can I prove it, no.

#1384928 --- 01/27/13 08:28 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Here's Johnny]
Code Red Offline

Loc: Out of my mind....
Look up Tantillo and the barrells of toxicity that was buried and still is buried there.

I'll take Barrells upon barrells of Sylvania waste for a 1000, alex.

What is sometimes the barrells were opened and dumped into a pit so the barrells could be reused?
correct.

Todays daily double.

#1384935 --- 01/27/13 08:44 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Sallie]
reds4256rose Offline

Loc: Watertown
" On Brewer Road is a site that was on the Super Fund site but somehow became to insignificant to actually have it cleaned up. Barrels of stuff is still out in the woods that Evans dumped years ago."

This past summer turning off Brewer onto Hecker I noticed for the first time the large amount of dead trees out past the fields on the side of the road headed twoards thick woods, and a large amount of them and I wondered why, now I know, thanks for sharing that info.

#1384939 --- 01/27/13 08:54 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: reds4256rose]
reds4256rose Offline

No idea if this location was in this area of this old dump site. But I'm going to guess yes, Ive never seen such a cluster of dead trees in the area or in my life

#1384945 --- 01/27/13 09:06 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: reds4256rose]
Sallie Offline

This is a list of sites plus spills:
Super Fund Sites

#1384946 --- 01/27/13 09:13 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Sallie]
reds4256rose Offline

Thank you much for sharing, indeed thats the location. Again thinking about it I have also never saw any deer on that side of the road or even in the area, only a mile or two up.

#1384951 --- 01/27/13 10:17 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Sallie]
pocketmouse Offline

Sallie, I totally agree..."The best thing to be done is stop electing people into office who have contributed to these issues and get the State to listen."

That is the first step. Get the bums out. In their own self interest they will stop any action that would expose their corrupt activities. On the face of things they act caring, not. Look at the mess we are in. Come the fall, spread the word, out with the bums. Remove their center of power and let's move forward.

I am home but going to bed more Monday. It was been a great discussion and more to come. Sallie, your info is priceless, thanks.

PM

#1384953 --- 01/27/13 11:08 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

PM

I was not digressing; I was responding to your erroneous comments, and responding to Dr Sarcassm's erroneous comments.

In my experience, you are labeled a fruitcake who makes up nonsense as he goes along. Have you ever sought professional help?

You're moving on? That's the nicest thing you've said yet.

#1384961 --- 01/28/13 12:08 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: VM Smith]
Sallie Offline

Recently added to the landfill is the hurricane material.
That material molded and had molds thrown on it by the flood water.
This mold I read has been contaminated by radiation fall out from Japan and it was brought here on trucks. We have had a record flu year here. Think about it. An example of what molds stirred up by tornadoes is Joplin: http://clintonherald.com/cnhins/x2088986390/Fungal-infection-contributes-to-Joplin-tornado-deaths

#1384988 --- 01/28/13 11:26 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Sallie]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:
This mold I read has been contaminated by radiation fall out from Japan and it was brought here on trucks. We have had a record flu year here. Think about it.

You're saying that radioactive mold is causing the record flu season?

#1384989 --- 01/28/13 11:33 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: VM Smith]
Triumph the Dog Offline

Does dat mean Godzilla vill rise out der canal any day now?

#1384990 --- 01/28/13 11:39 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Triumph the Dog]
Sallie Offline

Triumph that would be to cool. Tourist attraction.

#1384992 --- 01/28/13 11:48 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: VM Smith]
Sallie Offline

VM, I will explain this better. What I was reading which I would have to dig to find it now was that Japans radiation headed to the USA. It has hit the higher levels of air and passed over the Rockie Mountains and kept going up instead of down. It finally started coming down on the north east. Along comes the hurricane which stirred up the dirt with molds. The molds mixed in the air and at micron levels with the radiation. The radiation is an energy source for the mold spores. This mix all comes floating down on NYC and NYS. Some, not all scientists feel this has contributed to the extreme flu outbreak we have been experiencing this winter. The radiation levels "supposedly" should not make us glow but it is still in the air and on the debri that was caused by the hurricane which is being sent to the landfill here. Just makes me wonder why the powers that be do not think or research things before they get dumped here.

#1384995 --- 01/28/13 11:57 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Sallie]
GoodFellow Offline

Loc: Vino Shores
That explains why I haven't had to take a Viagra the past few weeks. Everthing is back to mold/micron levels since the el-ninno clearing it out a few years back.

#1384998 --- 01/28/13 12:09 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: GoodFellow]
Sallie Offline

Going off the original topic but is important, some reading material. Many Americans do not want to face Japan was a World Wide
disaster.
Study
ABT

#1384999 --- 01/28/13 12:10 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Sallie]
pocketmouse Offline

Sallie, and the other posters, here this is one of the disclosures that I can now reveal. Please don't shoot the messenger, thanks.

In 1989 I spoke with a DEC inspector. The conversation was to remain private. The inspector feared for his job and other unpleasant things. He agreed to disclose the information he knew about at SM with the understanding I could not share this information with the public at that time.

This is what I asked him and his responses.

ME: Has the DEC tested SM for toxic substances and is it toxic?
DEC: Yes and Yes. The DEC knows about the toxic material and the test results.
ME: Why do they allow this violation to go unreported to the public for God's sake?
DEC: This is the unofficial response I have received when I asked a similar question, SM was toxic before we were to have it routinely tested by our department for toxicity. Heavy dumping of toxic material before the sale was to blame. A proper and complete clean-up was not available at that time. The state wanted to contain all toxic waste at one location. Because the SM site already was highly toxic, it was slated to be the containment site and to keep toxic waste out of all other NYS landfill sites in the future.

The DEC person then said "You may share this with one or two of your trusted friends working to correct the problems, but never tell others until I am long gone and dead. And never reveal a DEC employee shared this information with even your close friends now. There are only 4 of us that routinely test the SM site. My identity would be known quickly.
I greed.

Is this what Mr. "K" knew and cashed in on.? Was he the person to blame for the presale toxic waste dumping? Did he dump toxic waste so the state would select SM as the containment site? I wish I know the answers to these questions for sure! I think some people would like to share what they know and I hope they will. Greed, greed, greed, I am so sad even more now that I have learned of the illness suffered by your family and so many others.

Needless to say, this is the worst news to learn and the heaviest burden to carry in my heart all these years.

To my knowledge the DEC inspector would now be dead. He was near retirement in 1989.

PM (sorry for typo errors)

Edited by pocketmouse (01/28/13 02:01 PM)

#1385005 --- 01/28/13 12:32 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Sketch Offline

To answer VMSMITH's post re: the definition of LAKEHEAD...
this is the term used by youngsters getting their groove on while boating. Did I say that?

And to think that we often had road parties in the 80's at the entrance to Tantillo's Landfill. We were young and wild and free!

#1385011 --- 01/28/13 12:41 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
In 1989 I spoke with a DEC inspector. The conversation was to remain private. The inspector feared for is job and other unpleasant things. He agreed to disclose the information he knew about at SM with the understanding I could not share this information with the public at that time.
Great post. Thank you so much.

#1385030 --- 01/28/13 02:03 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
The REAL SF HERO Offline

This is no revelation.

Hardly any real importance.

It won't be hard to go back to 1989 and find out who the snitch was and reveal him.

Your statement: "SM was toxic before we were to have it routinely tested by our department for toxicity. " shows that it was well known of the ground waste some 25 years ago.

#1385033 --- 01/28/13 02:07 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Sallie]
ibepokenmore Offline

Loc: waterloo
my family owned a cabin on demont rd in seneca falls. when we first started going there in summers a lot around 1980's we would have a ball swimming in the river. the water was crystal clear and the fun we had. i won't swim in in the river now and have not since about '95. that water is so polluted and disgusting.

#1385036 --- 01/28/13 02:19 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: The REAL SF HERO]
pocketmouse Offline

What is a fine idea, you are now assigned that task. Get his name and tell us all. As for the ground water, who knew? Did you? Hum. You are playing down this info for what purpose? I was taught the guilty speak first in a negative way. And here you are the first negative response. It looks like you maybe part of the problem and not the solution. Are you one of the Seneca County Supervisors by chance? Speak-up so Seneca voters may re-elect you, not

Edited by pocketmouse (01/28/13 06:49 PM)

#1385037 --- 01/28/13 02:21 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
antnee Offline

Loc: new york, usa
Seneca Maeadows is located where it is because downtown Seneca Falls was just not big enough.

#1385038 --- 01/28/13 02:26 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: antnee]
pocketmouse Offline

LOL, so true. Great comment. \:\)

PM

#1385048 --- 01/28/13 03:11 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
grinch Offline

Loc: New York State
Most of what has been posted on this subject is old news and hardly a revelation.

Here is a lengthy excerpt from a petition to expand the landfill filed with the DEC State of New York by Seneca Meadows in 1999. Most of the concerns expressed in this thread are addressed within this ruling. Note specifically the information concerning the Tantalo land fill classified as a class 2 hazardous waste site.

The permits to expand were granted after this hearing.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/hearings/11809.html

This post is for informative purposes only and not to be considered in support of nor objecting to the landfill.

Edited by grinch (01/28/13 03:42 PM)

#1385073 --- 01/28/13 04:12 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: grinch]
sox fan Offline

CLOSE THAT LANDFILL NOW!!!! ENOUGH DAMAGE HAS BEEN DONE! SCREW THE JOBS!

#1385088 --- 01/28/13 04:43 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: sox fan]
The REAL SF HERO Offline

Originally Posted By: sox fan

EXPAND
EXPAND
EXPAND
NOW!!

#1385097 --- 01/28/13 05:09 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: The REAL SF HERO]
Here's Johnny Offline

Originally Posted By: The REAL SF HERO
Originally Posted By: sox fan

EXPAND
EXPAND
EXPAND
NOW!!

You can say it and mean it but nothing substantive will change the current situation. The dump has all the permits it needs to keep expanding. Maybe it was a bad plan back in the day, but guess what, it doesn't matter now. The die was cast and the system is up an running, and thriving btw. I take my trash to the dump and it's great, sometimes you can sneak through without paying a buck a bag, uh oh. One time I was there and there must have been 100 plus trash trucks waiting to dump. Do the math: how much per truck? Maybe it has helped keep Seneca County from being any more worse off than it would otherwise be, now, in these trying times. Maybe it illustrates how choices made and compromises agreed to can be short sighted when viewed over the long run.

#1385100 --- 01/28/13 05:36 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: grinch]
pocketmouse Offline

I hope the people of Seneca County DO READ your link, it supports my post totally. If you read it and understand it, it "does not say" those that opposed the expansion where wrong and that the site was totally safe. Nor will it not have toxic materiakls dumped there in the furture. It says the opponents did not have scientific or technical documents "the judge could review" to challenge SM's permit request. I will be quoting from this document on a regular bases. The only thing this document shows is the opponents were not financially able to hire the experts they needed, period.

Keep posting my friend and supporting my points perfectly.

Greed is the name of the game and just follow the money to get to the bottom of things.

PM

Edited by pocketmouse (01/28/13 05:39 PM)

#1385102 --- 01/28/13 05:40 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Here's Johnny Offline

Just like where fracking is going to take us.

#1385106 --- 01/28/13 05:58 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Here's Johnny]
pocketmouse Offline

You truly scare me. You just supported what my next disclosure will be, unsupervised dumping of anything, by anyone, at anytime. You stated, "btw. I take my trash to the dump and it's great, sometimes you can sneak through without paying a buck a bag", I am sorry, but I have to say this...Spoken like a true idiot". You think its great to dump for free and not have to have show or declare what you are dumping.

Great. Did you dump lead paint cans with paint in them? Pay attention, there is an old saying. "Penny wise but pound foolish". Think about that expression for awhile. We of the Finger lakes thank you for the lack of caring for "our health". Gee do you think other unsupervised dumping goes on there? That's a no brainier.

PM

Edited by pocketmouse (01/28/13 06:54 PM)

#1385113 --- 01/28/13 06:16 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
grinch Offline

Loc: New York State
I hope the people of Seneca County DO READ your link, it supports my post totally. If you read it and understand it, it "does not say" those that opposed the expansion where wrong and that the site was totally safe. Nor will it not have toxic materiakls dumped there in the furture. It says the opponents did not have scientific or technical documents "the judge could review" to challenge SM's permit request. I will be quoting from this document on a regular bases. The only thing this document shows is the opponents were not financially able to hire the experts they needed, period.

Keep posting my friend and supporting my points perfectly.

Greed is the name of the game and just follow the money to get to the bottom of things.

PM

I did not post that information to support your opinions or anyone else. I do agree it is a good read and presents the facts, not conjecture or rumors.

It was posted to show the progression of events that preceded the current landfill dating back to the 1950's and to clarify why it was located where it is.

You have drawn your own conclusions as to why the permits were granted. In my opinion your conclusions are not supported by the actual transcript of the hearing.

Yes do read it thoroughly and try to really understand it.

#1385115 --- 01/28/13 06:29 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Here's Johnny Offline

You truly scare me. You just supported what my next disclosure will be, unsupervised dumping of anything, by anyone, at anytime. You stated, "btw. I take my trash to the dump and it's great, sometimes you can sneak through without paying a buck a bag", I am sorry, but I have to say this...Spoken like a true idiot". You think its great to dump for free and not have to have show or declare what you are dumping.

Great. Did you dump lead paint cans with paint in them? Pay attention, there is an old saying. "Penny wise but pound foolish". Thank about that expression for awhile. We of the Finger lakes thank you for the lack of caring for "our health". Gee do you think other unsupervised dumping goes on there? That's a no brainier.

PM

I hadn't even considered that I could take paint cans there too! Thanks for the hot tip.

#1385116 --- 01/28/13 06:32 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Here's Johnny]
The REAL SF HERO Offline

Put some ni-cad batteries in the cans, they will never find them

#1385118 --- 01/28/13 06:41 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: The REAL SF HERO]
Here's Johnny Offline

Maybe pour a little benzene over everything.

#1385120 --- 01/28/13 06:46 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: grinch]
pocketmouse Offline

This is Why the Judge ruled in Favor of the SM Permit:

"Summary of Rulings
The Administrative Law Judge ("ALJ") concludes that the consolidated Interveners either have misunderstood the permit application or have expressed general concerns that do not rise to the level of substantive and significant issues requiring adjudication. The Interveners failed to challenge any specific design feature of the proposed landfill expansion, nor have they identified any technical or scientific expert witness in support of any proposed issue. The ALJ finds no adjudicable issues in this matter. The permit application is remanded to the Department Staff to complete the SEQR process and issue permits with conditions as set forth in the draft permits."

This is a pretty straightforward statement from the judge. The interveners did not know How to file, What the file, Nor had Experts to help. The Judge states this. No where does it say the landfill, should be expanded and that the new expansion would be safe. The Judges hands were tied. No matter how he personally felt, he cannot rule against SM's as the case was presented to him. This statement is right at the beginning of the document. How did you miss it?

PM

PM

#1385121 --- 01/28/13 06:47 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: The REAL SF HERO]
Top Dog Offline

Originally Posted By: The REAL SF HERO
This is no revelation.

Hardly any real importance.

It won't be hard to go back to 1989 and find out who the snitch was and reveal him.

Your statement: "SM was toxic before we were to have it routinely tested by our department for toxicity. " shows that it was well known of the ground waste some 25 years ago.

Joe? He is still alive. Way to keep a secret.

#1385122 --- 01/28/13 06:49 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: kyle585]
Top Dog Offline

Originally Posted By: kyle585
In 1989 I spoke with a DEC inspector. The conversation was to remain private. The inspector feared for is job and other unpleasant things. He agreed to disclose the information he knew about at SM with the understanding I could not share this information with the public at that time.
Great post. Thank you so much.

You don't even have a small glimmer of reasoning in you that this is a bizarre story? Are you that pathetic?

You don't need to go that far over the edge to find out that the thing is filled with a pile of SENECA COUNTY toxic waste.

#1385123 --- 01/28/13 06:53 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Top Dog]
The REAL SF HERO Offline

Most of the Really Really bad stuff is from OUR COUNTY

#1385124 --- 01/28/13 06:55 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: The REAL SF HERO]
Top Dog Offline

Army Depot. I didn't know about Sylvania.

You would take a left turn to dump the Depot crap. Hymie made a fortune.

NYC garbage causing illness? Good grief. Landfill has Depot nuke waste in it.

#1385138 --- 01/28/13 09:39 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Top Dog]
pocketmouse Offline

You stated:

"You don't even have a small glimmer of reasoning in you that this is a bizarre story? Are you that pathetic?

You don't need to go that far over the edge to find out that the thing is filled with a pile of SENECA COUNTY toxic waste."

You should know Chuck, you helped the stuff get there. I suppose to you, a normal response to public health issues my seem bizarre. God know's, you love to give ugly labels to anyone you feel will expose your ignorance or end your power over our environment and freedom. Hey "Cheese Man", we will lock horns again. BTW, remember, to me "pathetic" is a grown man that does not know the correct uses of a Public Library and likes guns a little too much. So sad.

PM

Edited by pocketmouse (01/28/13 09:44 PM)

#1385152 --- 01/28/13 11:42 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:
and likes guns a little too much.

How much is "just right", by your dictate? How much is "too little"?

#1385154 --- 01/28/13 11:54 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Here's Johnny]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: Here's Johnny

Great. Did you dump lead paint cans with paint in them? Pay attention, there is an old saying. "Penny wise but pound foolish". Thank about that expression for awhile. We of the Finger lakes thank you for the lack of caring for "our health". Gee do you think other unsupervised dumping goes on there? That's a no brainier.

PM

I hadn't even considered that I could take paint cans there too! Thanks for the hot tip.

That's all I ever dumped there...well, that and CFLs. Everything else, I just threw into gullies, or the lake.

#1385155 --- 01/29/13 12:02 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:
here this is one of the disclosures that I can now reveal.

Wow...these are all on stone tablets, too. Nice touch, Dude.

Quote:
In 1989 I spoke with a DEC inspector. The conversation was to remain private. The inspector feared for his job and other unpleasant things. He agreed to disclose the information he knew about at SM with the understanding I could not share this information with the public at that time.

Did he Double-Secret Deputize you, too? Did you get a badge and a decoder ring?

So...just how does Mary Brainard fit into this plot?

#1385163 --- 01/29/13 12:34 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? *DELETED* [Re: VM Smith]
pocketmouse Offline

Post deleted by FL1 Mod 2

Edited by pocketmouse (01/29/13 12:54 AM)

#1385165 --- 01/29/13 12:52 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:
Okay you asked about an acceptable level of gun handling and usage, well it is like this. Too much, in my humble opinion is when you take a bullet out of your official service pistol and tape it in the middle of the night on a political officials steering wheel with a friendly note suggesting how he should vote on say, a landfill application.

I was busy. Some "well-armed theocratic militia" showed up outside, earlier...I had to feed them cookies and milk. I didn't want to, but they threatened to call down The Wrath of The Lord upon me if I didn't. They like Fig Newtons, BTW, if they show up over there.

I didn't ask that. I asked, in reply to you saying that someone liked guns a little too much, how much liking is allowable by you. Your above comment is not about gun handling and usage. It's about bullet handling, and the use of threat of lethal action.

But I will say that my idea of an acceptable level of handgun use is eye level, two-handed grip.

So...how did the guy vote? Did the bullet have the intended effect?

#1385166 --- 01/29/13 01:17 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: VM Smith]
pocketmouse Offline

I am almost asleep here, but I do understand your delay in posting. Are they gone? Maybe they will show up at my house. I may not have a gun, but Joe-Joe the Basset has earned his stripes here. Last week he took off after an intruder and tracked him several blocks away to the park and pinned the guy down, Actually I had no idea he had it in him. But he loves me and all 75 pounds is something to be dealt with if you don't know him and he doesn't like you. He is black and a perfect stalker of bad people at night.

Will I take your word as to "how the handle a firearm". Makes sense to me.

Anyway, the gentlemen after checking out the bullet, was no longer interested in opposing a landfill, I wonder why.

More soon my friend I have to put my stone tablets away for the night.

PM, ignore typos, thanks

#1385175 --- 01/29/13 06:14 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Top Dog Offline

That is funny. You think I am Chuck.

A library isn't for your political opinion. Period.

Cheese Man? What the heck is that? Some pet name you and Chuck have?

Edited by FL1 Mod 2 (01/29/13 07:40 AM)

#1385184 --- 01/29/13 08:18 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Top Dog]
Sallie Offline

So let's see if I have this correct:
Some person who was opposed to the landfill, finds a bullet and note taped to their steering wheel.
Did this person call the police or did they just "Say" they found this?
Was this "Note" signed or was it just "Assumed" who wrote it?
Was the bullet and note checked for fingerprints etc?
I do not remember this at all.
I know if I found a bullet and note on my steering wheel, I would get real public about the issue. And I would not change my stance on the landfill issue.

This is just a brief highlight:
Many years back I opposed a company who wanted to take over Ontario County Landfill. The company played their games and even had me followed which I reported to the law, who investigated and took care of the issues. What I did was get public and provided 160 pages of evidence to the Board of Supervisors so they could make an informed decision. I also called the owner/president of this company and confronted him that we could do this on the phone or I could show up in person in 8 hours(8 hour drive to them) and have a chat. That call stopped all games as I was not going to play.

I moved back to Seneca County and am wondering why so much game playing is going on here. We elect our Boards and other officials, we pay the taxes. It is well past time Seneca County stops looking foolish with its old style games and gets into 2013.

This landfill is here to stay like it or not at this point. The only thing that can be done is get the laws enforced to protect our health if it is not to late already. Not every contamination can be "Cleaned" up.

#1385187 --- 01/29/13 08:24 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Top Dog]
pocketmouse Offline

Charlie Brown owns Snoopy. The nick name for Charlie is "Chuck". Check out your Avatar with Snoopy".

pocketmouse as in "Lennie's" pet in "Of Mice and Men" a book and a moive....:) Call me "Lennnie" if you like.

I have a very dry sense of humor. It doesn't become clear in text sometimes.

BTW, Libraries often hold many documents of public interest at their "Reference Desk". With computers many public documents can be viewed and printed and put on public display to provide hardcopy reading material. It has nothing to do with politics.

Edited by pocketmouse (01/29/13 08:47 AM)

#1385190 --- 01/29/13 08:41 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Sallie]
pocketmouse Offline

Good Morning Sallie! First to answer your question. Three of us knew what had happened. The victim, myself and the victims very close friend. To my knowledge the victim never called the village police. He never disclosed the message on the note either. He made it clear he would never discuss anything about the landfill application or any landfill issues again. I don't known if he is alive now or not. Our mutual friend is dead. With his death I lost great friend and the Village lost wonderful courageous man who made life for the seniors and less fortunate very comfortable.

Thank you for your courage to post what has happened to you. Did you report your problems to the local police or someone other agency? What happened to you happened to others with various outcomes. Because of the very high level of harassment I now live in Geneva safe and sound. If you would like more info checkout my private email address posted in my profile. I need to care for my pets, re-read your post and fully respond to it. Thanks again for sharing.

pm sorry about the typos

Edited by pocketmouse (01/29/13 09:14 AM)

#1385219 --- 01/29/13 10:46 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Sallie Offline

Yes, I went to the Sheriffs and dealt with it.
I also confronted the owner of the company and told them
I was not backing down and just because they had money
didn't mean squat to me, just because they had intimidated others, it wasn't working with me. The owner stopped the games and had more respect that I was willing to stand my ground. I also stood behind my words I would take his customers and prove to be the better business person. I made a truthful and strategic plan and implemented it and shocked the owner how well I did. As I stated I took evidence to the Board they could not ignore.

Greed and corruption seem like they win but truth does win in the end. I have heard of a lot of different things that have happened and the people need to go forward in Seneca County because the past is past, cannot change it. the question is what can the people do now for their future.

#1385488 --- 01/31/13 07:50 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Hot Burrito Offline

Loc: Tiajuna Flats
Quote:
Good Morning Sallie! First to answer your question. Three of us knew what had happened. The victim, myself and the victims very close friend. To my knowledge the victim never called the village police. He never disclosed the message on the note either. He made it clear he would never discuss anything about the landfill application or any landfill issues again. I don't known if he is alive now or not. Our mutual friend is dead. With his death I lost great friend and the Village lost wonderful courageous man who made life for the seniors and less fortunate very comfortable.

Does your tinfoil hat chafe much, or is it felt lined?

#1386141 --- 02/04/13 09:34 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Hot Burrito]
I did it! Offline

Top Dog. now you thinking. How much waste was from the Seneca Army Depot? How much flowed into Seneca Lake which in turn goes down hill to Cayauga lake,etc. Reederds creek was a good flow line from the ammo dump.

#1386153 --- 02/05/13 04:55 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: I did it!]
Top Dog Offline

Drivers would talk about it years ago. You probably know some of the Klionsky drivers. It went in there in barrels.

The city and Jersey trash from Sandy doesn't hold a candle to what I am talking about.

Doesn't a spring for Gem Creek run through there?

#1386188 --- 02/05/13 11:06 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
antnee Offline

Loc: new york, usa
[b]Every other company is exporting jobs to where ever. We create jobs he in NY by importing garbage. Someone brought up Evans. Why hasn't Evans exported their delicious smelling hair products to Asia? I wonder what other hazardous products we can bring in? We may be shortening our lives but there's money in it to pay those we elect and trust to keep us safe! God save the Queen! Oops, I think I've been breathing too much of that stuff even if my hair is straighter. Too bad it doesn't make something else straighter!!/b]

#1386194 --- 02/05/13 12:21 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: I did it!]
I did it! Offline

It's the chemicals from the SEAD,study it instead of the dump.
It will never be cleaned,that's why there's still employees still there. OBTW study DS2,follow the drains from SEAD that lead directly to the Seneca Lake. How many ponds are/were rubber lined and for what?

#1386200 --- 02/05/13 01:13 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: I did it!]
sox fan Offline

I remember back in '87 or '88 I worked at SEAD that summer on the Roads & Grounds crew. We installed liners in those ponds, to "reduce the weeds", had no idea of the real truth. I used to eat the bullheads out of those ponds. Yikes!!

#1386201 --- 02/05/13 01:30 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: sox fan]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:
We installed liners in those ponds, to "reduce the weeds", had no idea of the real truth.

You weren't given the truth, but that's no surprise at all; you were dealing with government.

If weeds had really been the problem, then a powerful, short-lived, very biodegradable herbicide would have been the ticket, in a small pond. They could have plugged the drain, if they'd chosen dry weather to treat in, until the poison degraded, so it had time to act, and so it wouldn't affect the lake.

#1386238 --- 02/05/13 06:18 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: I did it!]
Top Dog Offline

Originally Posted By: I did it!
It's the chemicals from the SEAD,study it instead of the dump.
It will never be cleaned,that's why there's still employees still there. OBTW study DS2,follow the drains from SEAD that lead directly to the Seneca Lake. How many ponds are/were rubber lined and for what?

truth

#1386261 --- 02/05/13 10:35 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Top Dog]
reds4256rose Offline

Originally Posted By: Top Dog
Drivers would talk about it years ago. You probably know some of the Klionsky drivers. It went in there in barrels.

The city and Jersey trash from Sandy doesn't hold a candle to what I am talking about.

Doesn't a spring for Gem Creek run through there?

If your talking about the site located on Brewer/Hecker Rd, yeah Gem Creek does run through that area, if not right through the original site, it's gotta be not very far south of it, disgusting \:\(

#1497010 --- 03/25/17 08:49 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Here's Johnny]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
Originally Posted By: Here's Johnny
Back in the day it was owned by Mr. Tantillo. "Chick" Sinicropi, Seneca Falls Town Supervisor was looking for a way to pay the bills at Seneca Falls Hospital. It is my understanding that he was able to secure the property from Mr. Tantillo and begin the colossus we now see before us...

#1497195 --- 03/31/17 09:09 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
And history is about to repeat itself
This is Why the Judge ruled in Favor of the SM Permit:

"Summary of Rulings
The Administrative Law Judge ("ALJ") concludes that the consolidated Interveners either have misunderstood the permit application or have expressed general concerns that do not rise to the level of substantive and significant issues requiring adjudication. The Interveners failed to challenge any specific design feature of the proposed landfill expansion, nor have they identified any technical or scientific expert witness in support of any proposed issue. The ALJ finds no adjudicable issues in this matter. The permit application is remanded to the Department Staff to complete the SEQR process and issue permits with conditions as set forth in the draft permits."

This is a pretty straightforward statement from the judge. The interveners did not know How to file, What the file, Nor had Experts to help. The Judge states this. No where does it say the landfill, should be expanded and that the new expansion would be safe. The Judges hands were tied. No matter how he personally felt, he cannot rule against SM's as the case was presented to him. This statement is right at the beginning of the document. How did you miss it?

PM

PM

Edited by Hello_Governer (03/31/17 09:41 AM)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >