FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#1386153 --- 02/05/13 04:55 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: I did it!]
Top Dog Offline

Loc: Lap Dog
Drivers would talk about it years ago. You probably know some of the Klionsky drivers. It went in there in barrels.

The city and Jersey trash from Sandy doesn't hold a candle to what I am talking about.

Doesn't a spring for Gem Creek run through there?

FingerLakes1.com
#1386188 --- 02/05/13 11:06 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
antnee Offline

Loc: new york, usa
[b]Every other company is exporting jobs to where ever. We create jobs he in NY by importing garbage. Someone brought up Evans. Why hasn't Evans exported their delicious smelling hair products to Asia? I wonder what other hazardous products we can bring in? We may be shortening our lives but there's money in it to pay those we elect and trust to keep us safe! God save the Queen! Oops, I think I've been breathing too much of that stuff even if my hair is straighter. Too bad it doesn't make something else straighter!!/b]

#1386194 --- 02/05/13 12:21 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: I did it!]
I did it! Offline

Loc: West Coast 29 Palms
It's the chemicals from the SEAD,study it instead of the dump.
It will never be cleaned,that's why there's still employees still there. OBTW study DS2,follow the drains from SEAD that lead directly to the Seneca Lake. How many ponds are/were rubber lined and for what?

#1386200 --- 02/05/13 01:13 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: I did it!]
sox fan Offline

Loc: ny, usa
I remember back in '87 or '88 I worked at SEAD that summer on the Roads & Grounds crew. We installed liners in those ponds, to "reduce the weeds", had no idea of the real truth. I used to eat the bullheads out of those ponds. Yikes!!

#1386201 --- 02/05/13 01:30 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: sox fan]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Quote:
We installed liners in those ponds, to "reduce the weeds", had no idea of the real truth.

You weren't given the truth, but that's no surprise at all; you were dealing with government.

If weeds had really been the problem, then a powerful, short-lived, very biodegradable herbicide would have been the ticket, in a small pond. They could have plugged the drain, if they'd chosen dry weather to treat in, until the poison degraded, so it had time to act, and so it wouldn't affect the lake.

#1386238 --- 02/05/13 06:18 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: I did it!]
Top Dog Offline

Loc: Lap Dog
Originally Posted By: I did it!
It's the chemicals from the SEAD,study it instead of the dump.
It will never be cleaned,that's why there's still employees still there. OBTW study DS2,follow the drains from SEAD that lead directly to the Seneca Lake. How many ponds are/were rubber lined and for what?

truth

#1386261 --- 02/05/13 10:35 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Top Dog]
reds4256rose Offline

Loc: Watertown
Originally Posted By: Top Dog
Drivers would talk about it years ago. You probably know some of the Klionsky drivers. It went in there in barrels.

The city and Jersey trash from Sandy doesn't hold a candle to what I am talking about.

Doesn't a spring for Gem Creek run through there?

If your talking about the site located on Brewer/Hecker Rd, yeah Gem Creek does run through that area, if not right through the original site, it's gotta be not very far south of it, disgusting \:\(

#1497010 --- 03/25/17 08:49 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Here's Johnny]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
Originally Posted By: Here's Johnny
Back in the day it was owned by Mr. Tantillo. "Chick" Sinicropi, Seneca Falls Town Supervisor was looking for a way to pay the bills at Seneca Falls Hospital. It is my understanding that he was able to secure the property from Mr. Tantillo and begin the colossus we now see before us...

#1497195 --- 03/31/17 09:09 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
And history is about to repeat itself
Originally Posted By: pocketmouse
This is Why the Judge ruled in Favor of the SM Permit:

"Summary of Rulings
The Administrative Law Judge ("ALJ") concludes that the consolidated Interveners either have misunderstood the permit application or have expressed general concerns that do not rise to the level of substantive and significant issues requiring adjudication. The Interveners failed to challenge any specific design feature of the proposed landfill expansion, nor have they identified any technical or scientific expert witness in support of any proposed issue. The ALJ finds no adjudicable issues in this matter. The permit application is remanded to the Department Staff to complete the SEQR process and issue permits with conditions as set forth in the draft permits."

This is a pretty straightforward statement from the judge. The interveners did not know How to file, What the file, Nor had Experts to help. The Judge states this. No where does it say the landfill, should be expanded and that the new expansion would be safe. The Judges hands were tied. No matter how he personally felt, he cannot rule against SM's as the case was presented to him. This statement is right at the beginning of the document. How did you miss it?

PM

PM

Edited by Hello_Governer (03/31/17 09:41 AM)

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7