FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#1385118 --- 01/28/13 06:41 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: The REAL SF HERO]
Here's Johnny Offline

Loc: New York
Maybe pour a little benzene over everything.

FingerLakes1.com
#1385120 --- 01/28/13 06:46 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: grinch]
pocketmouse Offline

Loc: geneva, ny
This is Why the Judge ruled in Favor of the SM Permit:

"Summary of Rulings
The Administrative Law Judge ("ALJ") concludes that the consolidated Interveners either have misunderstood the permit application or have expressed general concerns that do not rise to the level of substantive and significant issues requiring adjudication. The Interveners failed to challenge any specific design feature of the proposed landfill expansion, nor have they identified any technical or scientific expert witness in support of any proposed issue. The ALJ finds no adjudicable issues in this matter. The permit application is remanded to the Department Staff to complete the SEQR process and issue permits with conditions as set forth in the draft permits."

This is a pretty straightforward statement from the judge. The interveners did not know How to file, What the file, Nor had Experts to help. The Judge states this. No where does it say the landfill, should be expanded and that the new expansion would be safe. The Judges hands were tied. No matter how he personally felt, he cannot rule against SM's as the case was presented to him. This statement is right at the beginning of the document. How did you miss it?

PM

PM

#1385121 --- 01/28/13 06:47 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: The REAL SF HERO]
Top Dog Offline

Loc: Lap Dog
Originally Posted By: The REAL SF HERO
This is no revelation.

Hardly any real importance.

It won't be hard to go back to 1989 and find out who the snitch was and reveal him.

Your statement: "SM was toxic before we were to have it routinely tested by our department for toxicity. " shows that it was well known of the ground waste some 25 years ago.

Joe? He is still alive. Way to keep a secret.

#1385122 --- 01/28/13 06:49 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: kyle585]
Top Dog Offline

Originally Posted By: kyle585
Originally Posted By: pocketmouse
In 1989 I spoke with a DEC inspector. The conversation was to remain private. The inspector feared for is job and other unpleasant things. He agreed to disclose the information he knew about at SM with the understanding I could not share this information with the public at that time.
Great post. Thank you so much.

You don't even have a small glimmer of reasoning in you that this is a bizarre story? Are you that pathetic?

You don't need to go that far over the edge to find out that the thing is filled with a pile of SENECA COUNTY toxic waste.

#1385123 --- 01/28/13 06:53 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Top Dog]
The REAL SF HERO Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Most of the Really Really bad stuff is from OUR COUNTY

#1385124 --- 01/28/13 06:55 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: The REAL SF HERO]
Top Dog Offline

Army Depot. I didn't know about Sylvania.

You would take a left turn to dump the Depot crap. Hymie made a fortune.

NYC garbage causing illness? Good grief. Landfill has Depot nuke waste in it.

#1385138 --- 01/28/13 09:39 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Top Dog]
pocketmouse Offline

You stated:

"You don't even have a small glimmer of reasoning in you that this is a bizarre story? Are you that pathetic?

You don't need to go that far over the edge to find out that the thing is filled with a pile of SENECA COUNTY toxic waste."

You should know Chuck, you helped the stuff get there. I suppose to you, a normal response to public health issues my seem bizarre. God know's, you love to give ugly labels to anyone you feel will expose your ignorance or end your power over our environment and freedom. Hey "Cheese Man", we will lock horns again. BTW, remember, to me "pathetic" is a grown man that does not know the correct uses of a Public Library and likes guns a little too much. So sad.

PM

Edited by pocketmouse (01/28/13 09:44 PM)

#1385152 --- 01/28/13 11:42 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Quote:
and likes guns a little too much.

How much is "just right", by your dictate? How much is "too little"?

#1385154 --- 01/28/13 11:54 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Here's Johnny]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: Here's Johnny
Originally Posted By: pocketmouse
You truly scare me. You just supported what my next disclosure will be, unsupervised dumping of anything, by anyone, at anytime. You stated, "btw. I take my trash to the dump and it's great, sometimes you can sneak through without paying a buck a bag", I am sorry, but I have to say this...Spoken like a true idiot". You think its great to dump for free and not have to have show or declare what you are dumping.

Great. Did you dump lead paint cans with paint in them? Pay attention, there is an old saying. "Penny wise but pound foolish". Thank about that expression for awhile. We of the Finger lakes thank you for the lack of caring for "our health". Gee do you think other unsupervised dumping goes on there? That's a no brainier.

PM

I hadn't even considered that I could take paint cans there too! Thanks for the hot tip.

That's all I ever dumped there...well, that and CFLs. Everything else, I just threw into gullies, or the lake.

#1385155 --- 01/29/13 12:02 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:
here this is one of the disclosures that I can now reveal.

Wow...these are all on stone tablets, too. Nice touch, Dude.

Quote:
In 1989 I spoke with a DEC inspector. The conversation was to remain private. The inspector feared for his job and other unpleasant things. He agreed to disclose the information he knew about at SM with the understanding I could not share this information with the public at that time.

Did he Double-Secret Deputize you, too? Did you get a badge and a decoder ring?

So...just how does Mary Brainard fit into this plot?

#1385163 --- 01/29/13 12:34 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? *DELETED* [Re: VM Smith]
pocketmouse Offline

Post deleted by FL1 Mod 2

Edited by pocketmouse (01/29/13 12:54 AM)

#1385165 --- 01/29/13 12:52 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:
Okay you asked about an acceptable level of gun handling and usage, well it is like this. Too much, in my humble opinion is when you take a bullet out of your official service pistol and tape it in the middle of the night on a political officials steering wheel with a friendly note suggesting how he should vote on say, a landfill application.

I was busy. Some "well-armed theocratic militia" showed up outside, earlier...I had to feed them cookies and milk. I didn't want to, but they threatened to call down The Wrath of The Lord upon me if I didn't. They like Fig Newtons, BTW, if they show up over there.

I didn't ask that. I asked, in reply to you saying that someone liked guns a little too much, how much liking is allowable by you. Your above comment is not about gun handling and usage. It's about bullet handling, and the use of threat of lethal action.

But I will say that my idea of an acceptable level of handgun use is eye level, two-handed grip.

So...how did the guy vote? Did the bullet have the intended effect?

#1385166 --- 01/29/13 01:17 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: VM Smith]
pocketmouse Offline

I am almost asleep here, but I do understand your delay in posting. Are they gone? Maybe they will show up at my house. I may not have a gun, but Joe-Joe the Basset has earned his stripes here. Last week he took off after an intruder and tracked him several blocks away to the park and pinned the guy down, Actually I had no idea he had it in him. But he loves me and all 75 pounds is something to be dealt with if you don't know him and he doesn't like you. He is black and a perfect stalker of bad people at night.

Will I take your word as to "how the handle a firearm". Makes sense to me.

Anyway, the gentlemen after checking out the bullet, was no longer interested in opposing a landfill, I wonder why.

More soon my friend I have to put my stone tablets away for the night.

PM, ignore typos, thanks

#1385175 --- 01/29/13 06:14 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Top Dog Offline

That is funny. You think I am Chuck.

A library isn't for your political opinion. Period.

Cheese Man? What the heck is that? Some pet name you and Chuck have?

Edited by FL1 Mod 2 (01/29/13 07:40 AM)

#1385184 --- 01/29/13 08:18 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Top Dog]
Sallie Offline

Loc: NY
So let's see if I have this correct:
Some person who was opposed to the landfill, finds a bullet and note taped to their steering wheel.
Did this person call the police or did they just "Say" they found this?
Was this "Note" signed or was it just "Assumed" who wrote it?
Was the bullet and note checked for fingerprints etc?
I do not remember this at all.
I know if I found a bullet and note on my steering wheel, I would get real public about the issue. And I would not change my stance on the landfill issue.

This is just a brief highlight:
Many years back I opposed a company who wanted to take over Ontario County Landfill. The company played their games and even had me followed which I reported to the law, who investigated and took care of the issues. What I did was get public and provided 160 pages of evidence to the Board of Supervisors so they could make an informed decision. I also called the owner/president of this company and confronted him that we could do this on the phone or I could show up in person in 8 hours(8 hour drive to them) and have a chat. That call stopped all games as I was not going to play.

I moved back to Seneca County and am wondering why so much game playing is going on here. We elect our Boards and other officials, we pay the taxes. It is well past time Seneca County stops looking foolish with its old style games and gets into 2013.

This landfill is here to stay like it or not at this point. The only thing that can be done is get the laws enforced to protect our health if it is not to late already. Not every contamination can be "Cleaned" up.

#1385187 --- 01/29/13 08:24 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Top Dog]
pocketmouse Offline

Charlie Brown owns Snoopy. The nick name for Charlie is "Chuck". Check out your Avatar with Snoopy".

pocketmouse as in "Lennie's" pet in "Of Mice and Men" a book and a moive....:) Call me "Lennnie" if you like.

I have a very dry sense of humor. It doesn't become clear in text sometimes.

BTW, Libraries often hold many documents of public interest at their "Reference Desk". With computers many public documents can be viewed and printed and put on public display to provide hardcopy reading material. It has nothing to do with politics.

Edited by pocketmouse (01/29/13 08:47 AM)

#1385190 --- 01/29/13 08:41 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Sallie]
pocketmouse Offline

Good Morning Sallie! First to answer your question. Three of us knew what had happened. The victim, myself and the victims very close friend. To my knowledge the victim never called the village police. He never disclosed the message on the note either. He made it clear he would never discuss anything about the landfill application or any landfill issues again. I don't known if he is alive now or not. Our mutual friend is dead. With his death I lost great friend and the Village lost wonderful courageous man who made life for the seniors and less fortunate very comfortable.

Thank you for your courage to post what has happened to you. Did you report your problems to the local police or someone other agency? What happened to you happened to others with various outcomes. Because of the very high level of harassment I now live in Geneva safe and sound. If you would like more info checkout my private email address posted in my profile. I need to care for my pets, re-read your post and fully respond to it. Thanks again for sharing.

pm sorry about the typos

Edited by pocketmouse (01/29/13 09:14 AM)

#1385219 --- 01/29/13 10:46 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Sallie Offline

Loc: NY
Yes, I went to the Sheriffs and dealt with it.
I also confronted the owner of the company and told them
I was not backing down and just because they had money
didn't mean squat to me, just because they had intimidated others, it wasn't working with me. The owner stopped the games and had more respect that I was willing to stand my ground. I also stood behind my words I would take his customers and prove to be the better business person. I made a truthful and strategic plan and implemented it and shocked the owner how well I did. As I stated I took evidence to the Board they could not ignore.

Greed and corruption seem like they win but truth does win in the end. I have heard of a lot of different things that have happened and the people need to go forward in Seneca County because the past is past, cannot change it. the question is what can the people do now for their future.

#1385488 --- 01/31/13 07:50 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Hot Burrito Offline

Loc: Tiajuna Flats
Quote:
Good Morning Sallie! First to answer your question. Three of us knew what had happened. The victim, myself and the victims very close friend. To my knowledge the victim never called the village police. He never disclosed the message on the note either. He made it clear he would never discuss anything about the landfill application or any landfill issues again. I don't known if he is alive now or not. Our mutual friend is dead. With his death I lost great friend and the Village lost wonderful courageous man who made life for the seniors and less fortunate very comfortable.

Does your tinfoil hat chafe much, or is it felt lined?

#1386141 --- 02/04/13 09:34 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Hot Burrito]
I did it! Offline

Loc: West Coast 29 Palms
Top Dog. now you thinking. How much waste was from the Seneca Army Depot? How much flowed into Seneca Lake which in turn goes down hill to Cayauga lake,etc. Reederds creek was a good flow line from the ammo dump.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >