FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#1384914 --- 01/27/13 07:31 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Dr. Sarcassm Esq Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Originally Posted By: pocketmouse
VM, you have interrupted this tread just to grandstand as you like to do. Once your off subject remarks are addressed you come up with others. I am moving on to other posters and you can post your brains out. In my training you are labeled as a "Crusader". Basically, a Crusader is a person that gets into a public discussion, and to get attention tries to take control of the information between participates with unrelated information. Have fun without me.

PM

FingerLakes1.com
#1384915 --- 01/27/13 07:34 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: DR. D]
pocketmouse Offline

Loc: geneva, ny
I have to head home now. Great question. My response, NYS should have had the DEC and EPA pick the best location(s) for all landfills. Testing underground water flows etc, soil runoff, and soil types to mention a few important issues. More soon. I will see if my Internet link is working when I get home...

As always your Not so Lovable...Pocketmouse

#1384916 --- 01/27/13 07:34 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: DR. D]
Dr. Sarcassm Esq Offline

Originally Posted By: DR. D
Its not outrageous to comprehend that several folks located around it have medical issues. Its a fact.

I also am not bashing the current owners of the landfill.

Hardly scientific, how about the people who live around Goulds or Sylvania or the Mill? Your point is being made in a vacuum

#1384917 --- 01/27/13 07:38 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Dr. Sarcassm Esq]
DR. D Offline

Loc: Waterloo/Seneca Falls/Junius/T...
Originally Posted By: Dr. Sarcassm Esq
Your point is being made in a vacuum

Hey woah now, I believe it was you that said the Dyson ball cleaner to be a seriously misleading name.....

#1384918 --- 01/27/13 07:44 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Dr. Sarcassm Esq]
Sallie Offline

Loc: NY
My mother, my sister and an aunt by marriage all have/had thyroid issues that are extreme. All have lived long term in Waterloo.
The cause is unknown at this time. My mother had cancer in 1984. We had lived on Lower Lake Road on Cayuga Lake for years before moving to Waterloo. At that time if you had cancer you went to Rochester for treatment. When my mother went to Rochester for treatment she came home stating that a bunch of people who lived on Lower Lake Road were in the waiting room for treatment. My father had cancer, my oldest sister, many of you knew her, died a little over a year ago of a stroke, we donated her organs. When they opened her up to "harvest" her organs she was full of cancer in every organ and she didn't know it. Cause, unknown. I cannot say if the landfill, the lake or what caused my families suffering. I have heard our area has a very high cancer incidences.
My own health issues came from contamination by pesticides/herbicides which ruined my immune system and caused tumors. I unknowingly sat in my front yard weeding out a hedge and ivy bed one day and did not know the county had sprayed 10 feet from me and it had run off into my yard. Everyone in my neighborhood including their pets, became ill and thought they had the flu until tests showed what it really was.
I believe yes, the water, the landfill and any other possible cause of pollutants should be tested. What can be done about it is very little. I personally had an article written on my situation by an ecological newspaper in Albany as that got the message out to many more people than I could on my own. I was then asked to testify in Albany on what happened to me. 119 persons were poisoned that summer in NYS. On Brewer Road is a site that was on the Super Fund site but somehow became to insignificant to actually have it cleaned up. Barrels of stuff is still out in the woods that Evans dumped years ago. I feel if people really want something done, you have to hound Albany, and that will take years before they listen. The landfill may or may not be affecting peoples health. Only money seems to talk to get anything done and that is if its not to late already as what has been in the ground has been there for a long time and may be irreversible at this point.
The best thing to be done is stop electing people into office who have contributed to these issues and get the State to listen.

#1384920 --- 01/27/13 07:54 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Sallie]
Dr. Sarcassm Esq Offline

Dr. D - not me I don't know Dyson

Sallie - could it have been Evans Chemetics?

#1384922 --- 01/27/13 08:04 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Dr. Sarcassm Esq]
Sallie Offline

Dr. S no proof where these health issues came from for my family, only guesses for them. My father worked at Sylvania for 38 years.

Edited by Sallie (01/27/13 08:09 PM)

#1384923 --- 01/27/13 08:12 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Sallie]
Sallie Offline

Anyone who has lived in Waterloo has been barraged with Evens smell and orange water, the landfills smell also. Most likely toxic to our health. Can I prove it, no.

#1384928 --- 01/27/13 08:28 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Here's Johnny]
Code Red Offline

Loc: Out of my mind....
Look up Tantillo and the barrells of toxicity that was buried and still is buried there.

I'll take Barrells upon barrells of Sylvania waste for a 1000, alex.

What is sometimes the barrells were opened and dumped into a pit so the barrells could be reused?
correct.

Todays daily double.

#1384935 --- 01/27/13 08:44 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Sallie]
reds4256rose Offline

Loc: Watertown
" On Brewer Road is a site that was on the Super Fund site but somehow became to insignificant to actually have it cleaned up. Barrels of stuff is still out in the woods that Evans dumped years ago."

This past summer turning off Brewer onto Hecker I noticed for the first time the large amount of dead trees out past the fields on the side of the road headed twoards thick woods, and a large amount of them and I wondered why, now I know, thanks for sharing that info.

#1384939 --- 01/27/13 08:54 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: reds4256rose]
reds4256rose Offline

No idea if this location was in this area of this old dump site. But I'm going to guess yes, Ive never seen such a cluster of dead trees in the area or in my life

#1384945 --- 01/27/13 09:06 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: reds4256rose]
Sallie Offline

This is a list of sites plus spills:
Super Fund Sites

#1384946 --- 01/27/13 09:13 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Sallie]
reds4256rose Offline

Thank you much for sharing, indeed thats the location. Again thinking about it I have also never saw any deer on that side of the road or even in the area, only a mile or two up.

#1384951 --- 01/27/13 10:17 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Sallie]
pocketmouse Offline

Loc: geneva, ny
Sallie, I totally agree..."The best thing to be done is stop electing people into office who have contributed to these issues and get the State to listen."

That is the first step. Get the bums out. In their own self interest they will stop any action that would expose their corrupt activities. On the face of things they act caring, not. Look at the mess we are in. Come the fall, spread the word, out with the bums. Remove their center of power and let's move forward.

I am home but going to bed more Monday. It was been a great discussion and more to come. Sallie, your info is priceless, thanks.

PM

#1384953 --- 01/27/13 11:08 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Originally Posted By: pocketmouse
VM, you have interrupted this tread just to grandstand as you like to do. Once your off subject remarks are addressed you come up with others. I am moving on to other posters and you can post your brains out. In my training you are labeled as a "Crusader". Basically, a Crusader is a person that gets into a public discussion, and to get attention tries to take control of the information between participates with unrelated information. Have fun without me.

PM

I was not digressing; I was responding to your erroneous comments, and responding to Dr Sarcassm's erroneous comments.

In my experience, you are labeled a fruitcake who makes up nonsense as he goes along. Have you ever sought professional help?

You're moving on? That's the nicest thing you've said yet.

#1384961 --- 01/28/13 12:08 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: VM Smith]
Sallie Offline

Recently added to the landfill is the hurricane material.
That material molded and had molds thrown on it by the flood water.
This mold I read has been contaminated by radiation fall out from Japan and it was brought here on trucks. We have had a record flu year here. Think about it. An example of what molds stirred up by tornadoes is Joplin: http://clintonherald.com/cnhins/x2088986390/Fungal-infection-contributes-to-Joplin-tornado-deaths

#1384988 --- 01/28/13 11:26 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Sallie]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Quote:
This mold I read has been contaminated by radiation fall out from Japan and it was brought here on trucks. We have had a record flu year here. Think about it.

You're saying that radioactive mold is causing the record flu season?

#1384989 --- 01/28/13 11:33 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: VM Smith]
Triumph the Dog Offline

Does dat mean Godzilla vill rise out der canal any day now?

#1384990 --- 01/28/13 11:39 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Triumph the Dog]
Sallie Offline

Triumph that would be to cool. Tourist attraction.

#1384992 --- 01/28/13 11:48 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: VM Smith]
Sallie Offline

VM, I will explain this better. What I was reading which I would have to dig to find it now was that Japans radiation headed to the USA. It has hit the higher levels of air and passed over the Rockie Mountains and kept going up instead of down. It finally started coming down on the north east. Along comes the hurricane which stirred up the dirt with molds. The molds mixed in the air and at micron levels with the radiation. The radiation is an energy source for the mold spores. This mix all comes floating down on NYC and NYS. Some, not all scientists feel this has contributed to the extreme flu outbreak we have been experiencing this winter. The radiation levels "supposedly" should not make us glow but it is still in the air and on the debri that was caused by the hurricane which is being sent to the landfill here. Just makes me wonder why the powers that be do not think or research things before they get dumped here.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >