FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#1384886 --- 01/27/13 06:27 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Dr. Sarcassm Esq]
DR. D Offline

Loc: Waterloo/Seneca Falls/Junius/T...
Originally Posted By: Dr. Sarcassm Esq

I have no sympathy for people who buy next to toxic sites and then complain about tumors.

If you moved next to the lake are you going to next complain about mercury poisioning when you eat the fish?

I am not looking for sympathy not in the slightest and certinly not from some random stranger like yourself. Unlike yourself I do not hide who I am, therefore I do not say anything on here that I would not say in public.

Truth is that me and the former misses were given the land to build on by her family and prior to that my grandparents lived just down the road from my old property from the late 60's to the late 80's, so I pretty much was exposed from an early age untill a few years back daily.

I also believe that IES has tried to contain the mess that they purchased as best that they can.

FingerLakes1.com
#1384890 --- 01/27/13 06:38 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: DR. D]
pocketmouse Offline

Loc: geneva, ny
Dr D, First no owners of SM will be held responsible for clean up to my knowledge. The monies the county receives from SM should be set aside for that, which is a joke in terms of real costs for clean-up. With the several changes in ownership, the various companies would tie up the county for a 100 years in court. Who, what, when did which company cause the contamination. See the problem. It is my understanding the county property taxes are reduced and or completely eliminated by SM payments while the landfill is in operation by any company. I will address your illness questions in the next post, going to dinner.:)

pm

Edited by pocketmouse (01/27/13 06:44 PM)

#1384891 --- 01/27/13 06:39 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Originally Posted By: pocketmouse
VM, I think you have to post on Tomkins county thread. No comment was made that thiaca landfil is "in this discussion".
BTW, ground water from SM does flow towards the lake.

PM

What on earth would lead you to think I have to post in Tompkins?

Quote:
No comment was made that thiaca landfil is "in this discussion".

That was in reply to your implication that the NYSDEC thinks that landfills near lakes are hazardous. Just off the top of my head I could think of another NYSDEC permitted landfill near the same lake.

If you'd take a deep breath, and give it a second's thought, you'd realize that it's impossible NOT to locate a landfill near water in NYS. And whether it be lake, river, creek, ditch, or ground water, it all moves.

Quote:
BTW, ground water from SM does flow towards the lake.

That is true. What's your point?

#1384892 --- 01/27/13 06:39 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Dr. Sarcassm Esq Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Well you were healthy until 30, continued to live on the 'free land" and then brought your daughter up in the same environment, what is your point. You think living next to the largest landfill in NYS is a healthy environment.

And what does who someone is has to do with the posts?

#1384894 --- 01/27/13 06:47 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Dr. Sarcassm Esq]
pocketmouse Offline

Dr Sarcassm, you need to put the weed down for while. You have pocketmouse linked with someone elses post.

Sorry.

PM

#1384895 --- 01/27/13 06:47 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Dr. Sarcassm Esq]
DR. D Offline

Originally Posted By: Dr. Sarcassm Esq
Well you were healthy until 30, continued to live on the 'free land" and then brought your daughter up in the same environment, what is your point. You think living next to the largest landfill in NYS is a healthy environment.

And what does who someone is has to do with the posts?

Do you think the landfill was even visable when I first moved out there?

Just gonna ask, did you come here just to argue?

#1384896 --- 01/27/13 06:50 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Dr. Sarcassm Esq]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:
#1 So I guess all the Seneca Meadows bashing that you have done in the past was in conflict with your statement here.

Not at all; my idea of what is safe has nothing to do with what the DEC thinks is safe, and the latter is what engendered my response to PM, on that subject.

Quote:
Head/Foot - poor description. The real way to illustrate it is that the water flow is from South to North on Cayuga Lake. A NYDEC dump at the "mouth" of the water flow has been approved.

Head/foot is and apt, accurate, and time-honored way to describe the inlet and outlet of a lake, especially when those points are at extremes, as in this case. The dump is not, OTOH, at the "mouth" of any water flow. It's about 5+ miles from the Seneca River at Mud Lock.

lakehead noun

Definition of LAKEHEAD

: the part of a lake most distant from its outlet

#1384897 --- 01/27/13 06:51 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Dr. Sarcassm Esq]
pocketmouse Offline

I guess you missed my post about losing my Internet link and I am now posting from a WiFi site. You are very angry person, take it somewhere else please.

PM

#1384899 --- 01/27/13 06:58 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Sallie Offline

Loc: NY
I grew up on Lower Lake Road, second house south of the park.
The lake was clear then. Now its murky and that weed is growing in it.

#1384900 --- 01/27/13 07:00 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: VM Smith]
pocketmouse Offline

VM, you have interrupted this tread just to grandstand as you like to do. Once your off subject remarks are addressed you come up with others. I am moving on to other posters and you can post your brains out. In my training you are labeled as a "Crusader". Basically, a Crusader is a person that gets into a public discussion, and to get attention tries to take control of the information between participates with unrelated information. Have fun without me.

PM

Edited by pocketmouse (01/27/13 07:02 PM)

#1384901 --- 01/27/13 07:01 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Originally Posted By: pocketmouse
Josephus, underground water flows go in many directions. SM groundwater has several flows and directions including flow towards the lake. VM likes me so much he follows my posts and challenges my info...LOL. I have more info regarding the DEC, but first I need to address another poster's question. Good question, thanks.

PM

Some people believe that rivers generally or always flow north to south. Not sure where they get that notion, but perhaps they think gravity works on maps? ;\) About 20 years ago I worked in Concord, MA. I used to run into people who said that the Concord River is the only river in the world that flows south to north. My response was "I have three words for you. The Nile River!" \:\) Another local river that flowed to the northeast was the Charles River. They should have thought of that one. ;\)

#1384902 --- 01/27/13 07:01 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Dr. Sarcassm Esq Offline

ALL,

Here is my beef. Stop bashing the Landfill. It is what it is. The are very generous with organizations and run a very responible operation under control of the DEC.

I take issue (not to argue) with people making outrageous charges (ie Thyroid disease) without evidence.

#1384903 --- 01/27/13 07:06 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Josephus]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

And the Yukon, the Ob, the Lena, the Yenisey, the Red River in the United States and Canada, the Mackenzie, the San Joaquin, the Darwin, and the Orinoco.

#1384905 --- 01/27/13 07:06 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Dr. Sarcassm Esq]
DR. D Offline

Its not outrageous to comprehend that several folks located around it have medical issues. Its a fact.

I also am not bashing the current owners of the landfill.

#1384906 --- 01/27/13 07:09 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: VM Smith]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Originally Posted By: VM Smith
And the Yukon, the Darwin, and the Orinoco.

I actually thought of the Orinoco. \:\)

#1384907 --- 01/27/13 07:11 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Josephus]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

LOL...check edit...I went looking.

#1384908 --- 01/27/13 07:12 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Dr. Sarcassm Esq]
pocketmouse Offline

Dr Sarcassm, Point taken. I guess you will be removing yourself from this thread since you have stated your position clearly.

A position does not constitute a fact, you do realize that, right. No poster here owes you hardcopy proof of any of their medical conditions either, now do they?

Have a nice life.

MM

Edited by pocketmouse (01/27/13 10:01 PM)

#1384909 --- 01/27/13 07:16 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

[quotA position does not constitute a fact,e][/quote]

Correct, in that they don't equal each other, but that doesn't mean a position can't be based on facts.

#1384910 --- 01/27/13 07:22 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: VM Smith]
DR. D Offline

Here is a legit question, does anyone think that the current location of the dump is a good idea?

#1384913 --- 01/27/13 07:31 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: DR. D]
Dr. Sarcassm Esq Offline

Best location for Seneca Falls benefactors

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >