FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#1384810 --- 01/27/13 10:34 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Originally Posted By: pocketmouse
Nice try. Your have been in SC since 1999 and you have not asked that question before now. Hum, I don't buy it. You were fishing, and I know a wiggle worm when I see one. So stop acting so dramatic, it is boring. You knew the answer before you asked. You have been posting on these threads since 2000, 13 years. And no discussions about the landfill before, right.

PM

OMG... I couldn't care less where you live. Why would I care? I just thought I'd ask the question, as I've never heard of when it began. It was just a idle question. BTW, I don't live in SC, but work there. I live in CC.

Forget I even asked, freak!

FingerLakes1.com
#1384815 --- 01/27/13 11:31 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Top Dog Offline

Loc: Lap Dog
The official date was during the mid 1980's. The title changes earlier. If you ever get a chance to look at the original abstract, good luck... your eyes might cross...LOL. It is a mess to say the least. How long have your been in SC?

I think it would be great fun to have a copy of the abstract available in the library for all to see and learn the history of "Mount Trashmore". Sorry, that is what many have called it back in the day. If you are trying to figure when I lived in SF, just ask. It was 1981-2000, 19 years. \:\)

PM
PM

Why are title companies working at the County Clerk's office while you state abstract reflecting ownership can be found at the library?

Since when are deeds reported to the library?

#1384816 --- 01/27/13 11:47 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
I think the selection of that site was not made by either agency. Why do you think it was? What year are you talking about?

PM

I'm talking about right now...2013. A municipal landfill cannot operate, right now, in NYS, without a NYSDEC permit. The Ithaca facility is operating, right now. It has a NYSDEC permit. It would not have NYSDEC permit if NYSDEC thought its location is a hazard.

Ithaca is at the head of the lake; SF is at the foot, to clear up your obvious confusion about that.

The Ithaca facility is located in Ithaca because the people living in Ithaca thought that would be a convenient place to locate the Ithaca facility. Does that explain, to you, why it was selected, sufficiently, or do you need more explanation?

#1384821 --- 01/27/13 12:29 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: VM Smith]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Originally Posted By: VM Smith

Ithaca is at the head of the lake; SF is at the foot, to clear up your obvious confusion about that.

What decides that? Inlets and outlets? I guess it has nothing to do with North & South, as I had thought.

#1384827 --- 01/27/13 01:01 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Josephus]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Yes...inlets and outlets, just as the head of a river is at the beginning of the flow. Cayuga Inlet is in Ithaca, and Mud Lock drops 6.5 ft at the drainage end.

Trivia; if you look at the map, you can see that Salmon Creek flows SW into Cayuga L., which is a relic of a time when Cayuga flowed south. Also, the lake used be 100s of ft higher in the past. If you look from East Hill, in Ithaca, to West Hill, you can see old beach levels on that hillside which are up to 500 ft higher than present lake level...or about 900 ft ASL, IOW.

The height of the present watersheds is in various places around Ithaca. Cayuta Lake drains to the Chesapeake, as does part of Dryden Town. Parts of DT drain to the Cayuga and Owasco watersheds, and thence to the L. Ontario/St. Lawrence outlet to the sea.

Another major height is around Rome, which is why Ft. Stanwix was located on that portage (Oneida Carrying Place) between the L. Ontario and the Mohawk R. watersheds...important trade route.

#1384829 --- 01/27/13 01:33 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: VM Smith]
Dr. Sarcassm Esq Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Originally Posted By: VM Smith

#1. It would not have NYSDEC permit if NYSDEC thought its location is a hazard.

#2 Ithaca is at the head of the lake; SF is at the foot, to clear up your obvious confusion about that.

#1 So I guess all the Seneca Meadows bashing that you have done in the past was in conflict with your statement here.

#2 Head/Foot - poor description. The real way to illustrate it is that the water flow is from South to North on Cayuga Lake. A NYDEC dump at the "mouth" of the water flow has been approved.

#1384831 --- 01/27/13 01:37 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: DR. D]
Dr. Sarcassm Esq Offline

Originally Posted By: DR. D
Oddly enough I want to ask a bigger question then anyone is asking here and make some folks privy to something bigger.

I was and I will say was a quite healthy 30 something. I lived up the road from the big pile for many years (moved away a few years back) and I realy want to know how I got a tumor on my thyroid along with Trigeminal Neuralgia(look in FL1's heath section on the forums I will post about it there). Oh... and that goes for my daughter whom also has one, the other teenaged girl down the street with a thyroid tumor, and the 11 other people that I personally know that live or have lived surrounding that place that have thyroid or other forms of cancer as well?

I believe that something enviromental is causing this and it's only the beginning....I firmly believe the company that has it now has no idea on what they are sitting on or the responsibility they now have.

I have no sympathy for people who buy next to toxic sites and then complain about tumors.

If you moved next to the lake are you going to next complain about mercury poisioning when you eat the fish?

#1384854 --- 01/27/13 03:10 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Sallie]
pocketmouse Offline

Loc: geneva, ny
Sallie, thank you for posting. You have bought up an interesting point I should have noted earlier. I am not talking about a conspiracy. A conspiracy is when people of like thinking get together and kill JFK. That is different from corruption by certain individuals to gain money through miss use of power and authority. In SF you have corruption. Stick around you can offer a great deal of information to ID the problems and maybe suggestions to solve some.

PM

Edited by pocketmouse (01/27/13 05:17 PM)

#1384856 --- 01/27/13 03:51 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
I did it! Offline

Loc: West Coast 29 Palms
Bottom line $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Three of my daughtes have had thier thyroids removed. One had a kidney removed as well as her thyroid. My wife had cancer as well as several friens of ours thet live in Seneca Falla.
Maybe that's why Chick moved out of state.

#1384858 --- 01/27/13 04:01 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Dr. Sarcassm Esq]
sox fan Offline

Loc: ny, usa
I really don't think Dr D. is asking for sympathy. Just be thankful you don't have any tumors. Our health is the most important thing we have, and if Dr. D thinks his problems are associated with the landfill, he's probably correct. If anything, I have sympathy for you. To make an analogy to living next to the landfill and fish with mercury tells me you are one ignorant, stupid fool.!

Edited by sox fan (01/27/13 04:39 PM)

#1384862 --- 01/27/13 04:48 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: sox fan]
hearallseeall Offline

Loc: nolongerunder10pilesoftrash
We should all look at the problems Lake Ontario is facing today. Lake Ontario is one of the most stressed lakes due to dumping toxins into rivers that lead to this lake and the shorelines.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/12/18/environment-great-lakes-study/1777689/

Will Cayuga Lake be the most stressed Lake in the Finger Lakes in 20-50-100 years due to the lack of ignorant decisions made by the leaders losers of SF today??

#1384863 --- 01/27/13 04:49 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Top Dog]
pocketmouse Offline

Top Dog, I never said deeds were recoreded at the Libraray. ???

#1384865 --- 01/27/13 05:00 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Dr. Sarcassm Esq]
pocketmouse Offline

Dr Sarcassm, Most people were homeowners way before all the toxic materials arrived. Keep following the posts. You will learn a great deal. I am so glad I started the Trivia question. I had no idea the people of sf and sc were ready to explore this issue and so willing to share there experiences. I think this just might be the right time to expose the corrupt and start to cleanse our community. That is my hope at this point.

PM

#1384869 --- 01/27/13 05:05 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: VM Smith]
pocketmouse Offline

VM, I think you have to post on Tomkins county thread. No comment was made that thiaca landfil is "in this discussion".
BTW, ground water from SM does flow towards the lake.

PM

Edited by pocketmouse (01/27/13 05:44 PM)

#1384870 --- 01/27/13 05:15 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Josephus]
pocketmouse Offline

Josephus, underground water flows go in many directions. SM groundwater has several flows and directions including flow towards the lake. VM likes me so much he follows my posts and challenges my info...LOL. I have more info regarding the DEC, but first I need to address another poster's question. Good question, thanks.

PM

#1384872 --- 01/27/13 05:29 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Top Dog Offline

Loc: Lap Dog
Very odd for you to want the abstract at the library. We shouldn't start operating our library for political causes.

#1384874 --- 01/27/13 05:43 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: hearallseeall]
pocketmouse Offline

hearalseeall, You are so right. We the people are the true stewards of our lakes, rivers, and streams. I think a review of the tragedy at Love Canal (goggle it for info) would help many get on board with stopping corruption of a few that destroy the health and homes of the many. I had no idea this post would result in so many caring people to post. At this point I think Seneca county people can set an example for other communities to follow in the steps necessary to take back any community from the corrupt and make positive moves to clean our lake. We need to move step by step to solve the contamination of this lake in order to help all the others as well as ourselves. I have sent one poster to a different thread because divided we will not achieve any goal. It is not to say, what is done here cannot be followed immediately by other communities however. As far as I am concerned our info and support should help any community in need. Thank you for posting and revealing the enormous problem toxic materials in water sources has and is still causing.

PM
I have lost my Internet link at home. I am currently posting from a WiFi location. Sorry for any errors or typos.

Edited by pocketmouse (01/27/13 05:57 PM)

#1384877 --- 01/27/13 05:48 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Top Dog]
pocketmouse Offline

Top Dog, I guess you do not use reference materials often. Libraries have always been used to house documents of public interest. Ask any college student.

PM

#1384883 --- 01/27/13 06:10 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Dr. Sarcassm Esq Offline

Dr Sarcassm, Most people were homeowners way before all the toxic materials arrived. Keep following the posts. You will learn a great deal. I am so glad I started the Trivia question. I had no idea the people of sf and sc were ready to explore this issue and so willing to share there experiences. I think this just might be the right time to expose the corrupt and start to cleanse our community. That is my hope at this point.

PM

You are absolutely WRONG on this one and I doubt you have any real documentation. Where is the "I will be back in 3 hours info"? Look up Tantillo and the barrells of toxicity that was buried and still is buried there.

#1384885 --- 01/27/13 06:25 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Top Dog]
Here's Johnny Offline

Loc: New York
It is sad to think how ignorance or careless disregard contributed to the troubles now found among those who lived near Klionsky's.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >