FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#1384735 - 01/26/13 06:48 PM Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ?
pocketmouse Offline

Loc: geneva, ny
The first person to post the correct response will get a free doughnut and coffee at DD on me.

PM

FingerLakes1.com
#1384739 - 01/26/13 07:08 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
sox fan Offline

Loc: ny, usa
So it makes it easier to smell and look at?

#1384740 - 01/26/13 07:10 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: sox fan]
pocketmouse Offline

True, but not the original reason. I like your response however.:)

PM

#1384742 - 01/26/13 07:19 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
The REAL SF HERO Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
It was the site of the original Town of Seneca Falls Dump

#1384743 - 01/26/13 07:22 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Altruism Offline

Loc: Mother Earth
Originally Posted By: pocketmouse
The first person to post the correct response will get a free doughnut and coffee at DD on me.

PM

It's over the top of a very large clay deposit.

#1384744 - 01/26/13 07:26 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: The REAL SF HERO]
pocketmouse Offline

When the decision was made for the site, it was not originally the town dump. It was owned by a private owner. We are getting warmer. Another good response. I just may have to buy three doughnuts and coffee. \:\)

PM

#1384745 - 01/26/13 07:33 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Altruism]
pocketmouse Offline

That is the rumor used to cover-up the truth that was started (not by you) years ago. Hint: it was never an evironmental decision, it was political in nature. Keep digging. We are getting closer.

PM

#1384746 - 01/26/13 07:36 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Here's Johnny Offline

Loc: New York
Back in the day it was owned by Mr. Tantillo. "Chick" Sinicropi, Seneca Falls Town Supervisor was looking for a way to pay the bills at Seneca Falls Hospital. It is my understanding that he was able to secure the property from Mr. Tantillo and begin the colossus we now see before us...

Edited by Here's Johnny (01/26/13 07:42 PM)

#1384749 - 01/26/13 08:23 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Here's Johnny]
pocketmouse Offline

You are very close. Chick may have been involved in the title changes during this time (he was never part of the problem just duped by some persuasive people), however, the actually mover and shaker was the head of the Republican Party. He owned the scrape metal business in town and the future landfill site that was filled with private toxic waste materials of various types. To sell the land for business use he would have had to clean it up. He did not have the resources to do so, however he did have an inside track on the need for a landfill in upstate NY for NYC's trash. Now, no one in the DEC or Environmental fields would ever select a landfill site at the head of a freshwater lake no matter how much clay there was. Within 50 years or less the ground water from beneath the landfill would reach the lake and our drinking water gone. However, this man had all the political power to make it happen and he did. From the beginning there has been regular changing of ownership. It helps to confuse the public. Now, I am old and no longer have to worry about protecting other people or myself. I think a little review of the real problems over the years will help more persons know why the Village had no choice but to end the underlying corruption that has been caused by a "very few greedy people".

BTW, I am an (R) and have no bones to pick with former or current members of the party.

PM

Edited by pocketmouse (01/26/13 08:26 PM)

#1384756 - 01/26/13 09:14 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Just curious... when was Seneca Meadows started?

#1384757 - 01/26/13 09:29 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Josephus]
pocketmouse Offline

The official date was during the mid 1980's. The title changes earlier. If you ever get a chance to look at the original abstract, good luck... your eyes might cross...LOL. It is a mess to say the least. How long have your been in SC?

I think it would be great fun to have a copy of the abstract available in the library for all to see and learn the history of "Mount Trashmore". Sorry, that is what many have called it back in the day. If you are trying to figure when I lived in SF, just ask. It was 1981-2000, 19 years. \:\)

PM
PM

Edited by pocketmouse (01/26/13 09:33 PM)

#1384761 - 01/26/13 10:25 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Quote:
Now, no one in the DEC or Environmental fields would ever select a landfill site at the head of a freshwater lake no matter how much clay there was.

They've had one in Ithaca, at the head of Cayuga Lake, for years.

#1384764 - 01/26/13 10:54 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: VM Smith]
pocketmouse Offline

I think the selection of that site was not made by either agency. Why do you think it was? What year are you talking about?

PM

#1384765 - 01/26/13 10:57 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
I could care less where you live. ;\) I ask because I'm not from here originally, and moved here in 1999. Mount Trashmore was well established then. And yes... many of us DO call it Mount Trashmore. \:\)

#1384767 - 01/26/13 11:07 PM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Josephus]
pocketmouse Offline

Nice try. Your have been in SC since 1999 and you have not asked that question before now. Hum, I don't buy it. You were fishing, and I know a wiggle worm when I see one. So stop acting so dramatic, it is boring. You knew the answer before you asked. You have been posting on these threads since 2000, 13 years. And no discussions about the landfill before, right.

PM

#1384774 - 01/27/13 05:52 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Sallie Offline

Loc: NY
It isn't some big secret or conspiracy.
Tantillo owned it. He offered half to my father in law but
he wasn't interested. It was later sold to a bigger company, which I don't feel anyone expected it to become what it is now.

#1384782 - 01/27/13 08:11 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: pocketmouse]
Top Dog Offline

Loc: Lap Dog
Originally Posted By: pocketmouse
You are very close. Chick may have been involved in the title changes during this time (he was never part of the problem just duped by some persuasive people), however, the actually mover and shaker was the head of the Republican Party. He owned the scrape metal business in town and the future landfill site that was filled with private toxic waste materials of various types. To sell the land for business use he would have had to clean it up. He did not have the resources to do so, however he did have an inside track on the need for a landfill in upstate NY for NYC's trash. Now, no one in the DEC or Environmental fields would ever select a landfill site at the head of a freshwater lake no matter how much clay there was. Within 50 years or less the ground water from beneath the landfill would reach the lake and our drinking water gone. However, this man had all the political power to make it happen and he did. From the beginning there has been regular changing of ownership. It helps to confuse the public. Now, I am old and no longer have to worry about protecting other people or myself. I think a little review of the real problems over the years will help more persons know why the Village had no choice but to end the underlying corruption that has been caused by a "very few greedy people".

BTW, I am an (R) and have no bones to pick with former or current members of the party.

PM

Are you referring to the toxic waste that came from the Depot via Hymie's trucks? Waived through at the gate for years.

Technically waste from Seneca County for all of those that blindly say we should have it as only ours.

#1384785 - 01/27/13 08:36 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: Top Dog]
DR. D Offline

Loc: Waterloo/Seneca Falls/Junius/T...
Oddly enough I want to ask a bigger question then anyone is asking here and make some folks privy to something bigger.

I was and I will say was a quite healthy 30 something. I lived up the road from the big pile for many years (moved away a few years back) and I realy want to know how I got a tumor on my thyroid along with Trigeminal Neuralgia(look in FL1's heath section on the forums I will post about it there). Oh... and that goes for my daughter whom also has one, the other teenaged girl down the street with a thyroid tumor, and the 11 other people that I personally know that live or have lived surrounding that place that have thyroid or other forms of cancer as well?

I believe that something enviromental is causing this and it's only the beginning....I firmly believe the company that has it now has no idea on what they are sitting on or the responsibility they now have.

#1384790 - 01/27/13 09:49 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: DR. D]
sox fan Offline

Loc: ny, usa
Sorry to learn about your health issues. Maybe that jerk that wants "FACTS" about how unsafe the landfill is will read your posts. Dump poison on top of us and think nothing will happen, just because it creates paychecks

#1384806 - 01/27/13 10:38 AM Re: Trivia:Why is Seneca Meadows located where it is ? [Re: DR. D]
pocketmouse Offline

Dr D, thank you for posting and sharing the real tragedy that this landfill has caused. I now feel it is time to share information with you and the people of Seneca County. I have an appointment, but will return in 3 hours to post information to help you and many others. More very soon.

PM

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >