FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1382977 - 01/16/13 05:08 PM Scarborough: Pass Gun Control or Lose House
Timbo Offline

Loc: CNY

FingerLakes1.com
#1382979 - 01/16/13 05:13 PM Re: Scarborough: Pass Gun Control or Lose House [Re: Timbo]
Ghosts Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Originally Posted By: Timbo

They should be speaking with Harry Reid first.

Edited by Ghosts (01/16/13 05:21 PM)

#1382981 - 01/16/13 05:22 PM Re: Scarborough: Pass Gun Control or Lose House [Re: Ghosts]
Timbo Offline

Well, I'd say Scarborough just proved his point.

#1382993 - 01/16/13 06:12 PM Re: Scarborough: Pass Gun Control or Lose House [Re: Timbo]
evilducky Offline

Loc: NY
There are some reasonable measures that can be passed to help prevent gun violence. Its put into all of these bills brought up. The background checks for gunshows, retailers, and gun shops, and possibley privte sales. The tougher penalties for criminals that use guns to commit crimes and murders, and better mental health care funding. Where it starts to become a problem for most is when they talk about bans. Bans are where all the lines get drawn. Bans only affect law abiding citizens and never really impact the criminals. That's where most of the "gun nuts" are really getting angry at. Myself included. If you inforce the first 3 points I made and the other laws already on the book already, then you will be saving the lives that they want to save while letting law abiding citizens keep and continue to get the guns that are currently legal now and should be.

We already have a fully automatic weapons of war ban unless you want the government to know when you take a shit even. That's probably about as far as a ban will ever get before people start to get all fired up.

But since the politions are pushing for more and more bans that affect not the criminals but the law abiding citizen, we are fearful for how far they will go with taking are rights away. You may not see it now, but chip the second amendment away till its gone first, then the rest will fall.

#1382996 - 01/16/13 06:18 PM Re: Scarborough: Pass Gun Control or Lose House [Re: evilducky]
Timbo Offline

Get fired up then.

I'm with the 70% 60% of Americans that are in favor of a ban on all semi-automatic assault weapons.

#1382998 - 01/16/13 06:22 PM Re: Scarborough: Pass Gun Control or Lose House [Re: Timbo]
evilducky Offline

Do you have facts to back up that 70% there. Was there a poll that every citizen in america took to give you that number or are you just throwing numbers our as you say to make you feel good?

And I'm not gonna "get fired up" at your amusement cause it won't do anything really.

#1383007 - 01/16/13 06:35 PM Re: Scarborough: Pass Gun Control or Lose House [Re: evilducky]
Timbo Offline

You might start by actually WATCHING the video. If that's too hard, feel free to look up the statistics online, as I did. You DO have a computer, don't you?

#1383012 - 01/16/13 06:54 PM Re: Scarborough: Pass Gun Control or Lose House [Re: Timbo]
evilducky Offline

Which video are you speaking of. I watched the second on there and it speaks nothing of 70% of americans wanting a ban on these apparently evil weapons.

And now I have to look up your facts for you? When someone else states something they must provide you with the facts but when you sprout out facts, we have to go look them up ourselves. I want to see your poll where every american over the age of 18 has voted on that says 70% want a ban on assault...err semi-automatic weapons.

#1383018 - 01/16/13 07:18 PM Re: Scarborough: Pass Gun Control or Lose House [Re: evilducky]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Pew Research Center results.

SUPPORT SOME OF OUR TROOPS

#1383019 - 01/16/13 07:47 PM Re: Scarborough: Pass Gun Control or Lose House [Re: twocats]
Timbo Offline

I stand corrected on the % of Americans in favor of banning semi-automatic assault weapons. The number should be aprox. 60% not 70%..

Sorry for the error.

#1383022 - 01/16/13 08:05 PM Re: Scarborough: Pass Gun Control or Lose House [Re: Timbo]
I did it! Offline

Loc: West Coast 29 Palms
well you can say you are /were sorry KUDOS for you.

I to will admit that I'm not always right but very seldom am I wrong.

"TO THE WORLD YOU MAY BE ONE PERSON, TO ONE PERSON YOU MAY BE THE WORLD"

#1383023 - 01/16/13 08:07 PM Re: Scarborough: Pass Gun Control or Lose House [Re: Timbo]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
No big deal. The great majority of Americans favor sensible gun regulations, not banning guns, a point that is very difficult for so many to understand.

SUPPORT SOME OF OUR TROOPS

#1383063 - 01/16/13 11:02 PM Re: Scarborough: Pass Gun Control or Lose House [Re: twocats]
sands Offline

Originally Posted By: twocats
The great majority of Americans favor sensible gun regulations, not banning guns, a point that is very difficult for so many to understand.

What "the great majority of Americans favor" would matter if we lived in a democracy. We don't. We live in a Constitutional Republic. A point that is very difficult for so many to understand.

#1383073 - 01/16/13 11:57 PM Re: Scarborough: Pass Gun Control or Lose House [Re: sands]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: sands
The great majority of Americans favor sensible gun regulations, not banning guns, a point that is very difficult for so many to understand.

What "the great majority of Americans favor" would matter if we lived in a democracy. We don't. We live in a Constitutional Republic. A point that is very difficult for so many to understand.

More accurately, it's a Democratic Republic.

#1383086 - 01/17/13 08:02 AM Re: Scarborough: Pass Gun Control or Lose House [Re: Ghosts]
SportsRef1 Offline

Loc: Seneca County
Originally Posted By: Ghosts

Prince Harry who has twice failed to support expanded gun regulations and has received a "B" grade by the NRA for his support and has also rec'd thousands in contributions for his support of the NRA and it's agenda.

#1383090 - 01/17/13 08:36 AM Re: Scarborough: Pass Gun Control or Lose House [Re: Timbo]
sands Offline

If we didn't have a Constitution, it might be more accurate. Our Republic is limited by the Constitution, not a vote. A law approved by the majority can still be declared unconstitutional. A point that is very difficult for so many to understand.

#1383091 - 01/17/13 08:49 AM Re: Scarborough: Pass Gun Control or Lose House [Re: SportsRef1]
Ghosts Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Originally Posted By: SportsRef1
Originally Posted By: Ghosts

Prince Harry who has twice failed to support expanded gun regulations and has received a "B" grade by the NRA for his support and has also rec'd thousands in contributions for his support of the NRA and it's agenda.

My point exactly!

#1383114 - 01/17/13 10:48 AM Re: Scarborough: Pass Gun Control or Lose House [Re: sands]
Lucinda Knotts Offline

Loc: USA
A law approved by the majority can still be declared unconstitutional. A point that is very difficult for so many to understand.[/size][/font]
Yes, and laws that are opposed by a minority can still be held to be constitutional -- a point that is very difficult for so many on the right to understand.

Edited by Lucinda Knotts (01/17/13 10:49 AM)

#1383124 - 01/17/13 11:30 AM Re: Scarborough: Pass Gun Control or Lose House [Re: Lucinda Knotts]

Originally Posted By: Lucinda Knotts
A law approved by the majority can still be declared unconstitutional. A point that is very difficult for so many to understand.[/size][/font]
Yes, and laws that are opposed by a minority can still be held to be constitutional -- a point that is very difficult for so many on the right to understand.
The same goes for the Left!

#1383129 - 01/17/13 11:42 AM Re: Scarborough: Pass Gun Control or Lose House [Re: Timbo]

More accurately, we live in a Mobocratic Republic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >