FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1382119 - 01/12/13 12:27 PM Karma or Irony?
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
http://www.examiner.com/article/mother-w...-found-murdered

In 2008 Meleanie Hain became famous for her enthusiastic support of gun rights, so much so that she carried a handgun to her children's athletic events, and she possessed an open carry permit to do so. The local police revoked her permit, which she appealed and had reversed. The judge on the case said that she "scared the devil" out of people. Then in 2009, Meleanie Hain, 31, and her husband, Scott Hain, 33, were both involved in a murder / suicide tragedy.

FingerLakes1.com
#1382139 - 01/12/13 04:48 PM Re: Karma or Irony? [Re: twocats]
SilverRose Offline

Loc: Heart of the Lakes
This is very important!!!!

Only people with guns commit murder/suicide. Be sure everyone is unarmed!!!!!

Thank you for your public service announcement!

#1382140 - 01/12/13 05:37 PM Re: Karma or Irony? [Re: twocats]
Sam the Sham Offline

Loc: USA
twocats, finding humor or pleasure in people dying simply because they don't share your political views is hardly tolerant or enlightened.

#1382146 - 01/12/13 06:18 PM Re: Karma or Irony? [Re: Sam the Sham]
Timbo Offline

Loc: CNY
Originally Posted By: Sam the Sham
twocats, finding humor or pleasure in people dying simply because they don't share your political views is hardly tolerant or enlightened.

In what conceivable way do you find humor or pleasure in that post? Rather, I feel that the major point to be devined, is that "when you lay down with dogs, you get fleas".

I wouldn't be surprised that she lived deeply within a gun culture, which ultimately led to her murder.

#1382148 - 01/12/13 06:22 PM Re: Karma or Irony? [Re: Timbo]
Sam the Sham Offline

Originally Posted By: Timbo

In what conceivable way do you find humor or pleasure in that post?

I don't. However, the original poster apparently does. Otherwise, she wouldn't be referring to a murder/suicide as Karma, ie, a form of poetic justice.

#1382153 - 01/12/13 06:42 PM Re: Karma or Irony? [Re: Sam the Sham]
Timbo Offline

Which goes back to my original point.

Pointing out the irony (or even poetic justice, as you put it) in no way indicates pleasure at the thought of someone's death.

I'd ask the poster personally, before making that assumption.

#1382159 - 01/12/13 06:56 PM Re: Karma or Irony? [Re: Timbo]
Sam the Sham Offline

Pointing out the irony (or even poetic justice, as you put it) in no way indicates pleasure at the thought of someone's death.

The intent of the original post was clear. One typically doesn't start a post to express their sorrow over "poetic justice."

Quote:

Yes, I'll be sure to personally contact the anonymous internet posters to confirm their actual meaning, prior to commenting on their writings in the future.

#1382163 - 01/12/13 07:15 PM Re: Karma or Irony? [Re: Sam the Sham]
Timbo Offline

"The intent of the original post was clear. One typically doesn't start a post to express their sorrow over "poetic justice."

Why do you automatically limit the options to pleasure and sorrow? That's simply a false choice. There could be a multitude of other possibilities such as 'emotional neutrality, as must be any proper 'student of observation' in order to make a reasoned conclusion.

Perhaps YOUR gut reactions, lead you to such limited inference, but a great many are not plagued by such limitations.

#1382164 - 01/12/13 07:37 PM Re: Karma or Irony? [Re: Timbo]
SilverRose Offline

Loc: Heart of the Lakes
I took it the same way - a kind of gleeful "HA! This is what happens when you are a gun owner (and it was deserved.)."

Maybe it was an unfortunate wording of the topic title; maybe that was the intent...

There's a lot of opportunities for misunderstandings on here. :-)

#1382182 - 01/12/13 10:34 PM Re: Karma or Irony? [Re: Timbo]

I seen were one of your other user identity's wished Bluezone would commit suicide. In my book when someone say's something like that, about suicide that's indicates pleasure in the death of others. God, I hope you aren't a school teach!

#1382188 - 01/12/13 11:24 PM Re: Karma or Irony? [Re: ]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: Chicago Jesus

I seen were one of your other user identity's wished Bluezone would commit suicide. In my book when someone say's something like that, about suicide that's indicates pleasure in the death of others. God, I hope you aren't a school teach!

Unlike YOU Harley Bob, This is the only username I've ever used.

#1382191 - 01/12/13 11:39 PM Re: Karma or Irony? [Re: twocats]
Ohithere Offline

Originally Posted By: twocats

In 2008 Meleanie Hain became famous for her enthusiastic support of gun rights, so much so that she carried a handgun to her children's athletic events, and she possessed an open carry permit to do so. The local police revoked her permit, which she appealed and had reversed. The judge on the case said that she "scared the devil" out of people. Then in 2009, Meleanie Hain, 31, and her husband, Scott Hain, 33, were both involved in a murder / suicide tragedy.

It has been statistically proven that more people have died in their home at the hands of their own gun, ie.mistaken identity,murder suicide, and not by intruders.

#1382200 - 01/13/13 12:27 AM Re: Karma or Irony? [Re: Ohithere]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: Ohithere

It has been statistically proven that more people have died in their home at the hands of their own gun, ie.mistaken identity,murder suicide, and not by intruders.

I'll say. Look at THESE stats.
http://smartgunlaws.org/gun-deaths-and-injuries-statistics/

#1382211 - 01/13/13 02:32 AM Re: Karma or Irony? [Re: Timbo]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
By now you all know I just celebrate when a person dies. I think it's just great. I even bought balloons and party streamers before I posted this.

Now, on a slightly less sarcastic note, I believe guns are extremely dangerous, just like cars and motorcycles, and they should be regulated as such. People are more likely to hurt themselves or a member of their household than defend themselves against a criminal. Too bad she didn't have a gun to protect herself.

Sands, I think you've proven the point that when guns are not in the hands of people, they are perfectly safe.

#1382214 - 01/13/13 02:49 AM Re: Karma or Irony? [Re: twocats]
Timbo Offline

Ouch!

#1382249 - 01/13/13 09:16 AM Re: Karma or Irony? [Re: Sam the Sham]
SportsRef1 Offline

Loc: Seneca County

just another great example by TC of the liberal hypocrisy running rampant in America right now.

#1382251 - 01/13/13 09:18 AM Re: Karma or Irony? [Re: twocats]
SportsRef1 Offline

Loc: Seneca County
By now you all know I just celebrate when a person dies. I think it's just great. I even bought balloons and party streamers before I posted this.

Now, on a slightly less sarcastic note, I believe guns are extremely dangerous, just like cars and motorcycles, and they should be regulated as such. People are more likely to hurt themselves or a member of their household than defend themselves against a criminal. Too bad she didn't have a gun to protect herself.

Sands, I think you've proven the point that when guns are not in the hands of people, they are perfectly safe.

yes more regulation.....because time and time again the govt. has proven they know what they're doing!

#1382271 - 01/13/13 09:46 AM Re: Karma or Irony? [Re: twocats]
cwjga Offline

Loc: NY

It's niether, it is a tragedy.

#1382286 - 01/13/13 10:04 AM Re: Karma or Irony? [Re: SportsRef1]
Ohithere Offline

Originally Posted By: SportsRef1

yes more regulation.....because time and time again the govt. has proven they know what they're doing!

Yes,more regulations,time and time again it has been proven that each one of us individually so feels entitled to our own rights and not the rights of others thus the reason(s) the GOVERNMENT must intravene to maintain a level playing for "all". Question Sport....what redeeming qualities or values places your rights above the rights or concerns of other law abiding citizens?. I'll give you an example, I was amazed that I needed only a class 5 licence to legally operate my motor home pulling a large car trailer, yet other laws dictates a CDL to operate the same overall length vehicle..... the only answer that I can summize is that more affluent people have a greater control in deciding whats is in THEIR best interest, whereas it's only then that some of us benefit.

#1382316 - 01/13/13 11:57 AM Re: Karma or Irony? [Re: Timbo]

Originally Posted By: Chicago Jesus

Unlike YOU Harley Bob, This is the only username I've ever used.

Ahahahahahahahahaha...right!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >