FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1379244 - 12/24/12 11:50 AM Four Firefighters Shot Fighting Fire - Two Killed
Timbo Offline

Loc: CNY

FingerLakes1.com
#1379251 - 12/24/12 12:45 PM Re: Four Firefighters Shot Fighting Fire - Two Killed [Re: Timbo]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
How sad.

SUPPORT SOME OF OUR TROOPS

#1379255 - 12/24/12 01:30 PM Re: Four Firefighters Shot Fighting Fire - Two Killed [Re: twocats]
ProAct Offline

Loc: New York State, Seneca County
Yes, so very sad for all. My sympathies to all.

If the deer season has ended, I am afraid a new season will open up for whoever the shooter(s) are.

#1379256 - 12/24/12 01:36 PM Re: Four Firefighters Shot Fighting Fire - Two Killed [Re: Timbo]
oldmedic Offline

Loc: Seneca County
Originally Posted By: Timbo

Maybe THEY should have been Armed Too.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-5...in-upstate-n.y/

I believe your comment to be inapropiate at this time!!

#1379260 - 12/24/12 02:21 PM Re: Four Firefighters Shot Fighting Fire - Two Killed [Re: Timbo]
evilducky Offline

Loc: NY

Being armed isn't going to stop EVERY shooting ever. Seriously if you believe that and are going to start point to every story the media covers on people that are killed by a gun saying nonsense like this, then I believe you seriously need to stop posting. Its sad that this happened and obviously done by some very sick people but it still doesn't change the fact that bad people will still have the guns even if the government changes the laws.

#1379262 - 12/24/12 02:49 PM Re: Four Firefighters Shot Fighting Fire - Two Killed [Re: evilducky]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester
There are many rumors going on right now in regards to who the shooter was and what the intentions were. The one I keep hearing in the community here is that he basically set a trap for the fire department.

Regardless of what the reasons for the shooting, I feel so very sad for the families of the fire department members, the home owners who are now without homes the day before Christmas, and for all the police and firemen that are dealing with the blow of losing two members of their community.

#1379263 - 12/24/12 03:03 PM Re: Four Firefighters Shot Fighting Fire - Two Killed [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
heymom Offline

Loc: Waterloo
The latest report said the shooter was among the dead.

#1379264 - 12/24/12 03:14 PM Re: Four Firefighters Shot Fighting Fire - Two Killed [Re: evilducky]
Harley Bob Tale Offline

Loc: Mars
Originally Posted By: evilducky

Being armed isn't going to stop EVERY shooting ever. Seriously if you believe that and are going to start point to every story the media covers on people that are killed by a gun saying nonsense like this, then I believe you seriously need to stop posting. Its sad that this happened and obviously done by some very sick people but it still doesn't change the fact that bad people will still have the guns even if the government changes the laws.

Arm everyone!! Men, women, and children.
Then pray that you don't get caught in the crossfire.

#1379265 - 12/24/12 03:25 PM Re: Four Firefighters Shot Fighting Fire - Two Killed [Re: Harley Bob Tale]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Harley Bob Tale
Originally Posted By: evilducky

Arm everyone!! Men, women, and children.
Then pray that you don't get caught in the crossfire.

Considering the profession of the shooter, this comment might be one that will cause you to eat your words....

#1379266 - 12/24/12 03:26 PM Re: Four Firefighters Shot Fighting Fire - Two Killed [Re: heymom]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: heymom
The latest report said the shooter was among the dead.

Yes, the shooter is reported to have been found dead on the beach near the scene. They are not coming right out and saying if he was killed by authorities or if he did himself in.

#1379268 - 12/24/12 03:48 PM Re: Four Firefighters Shot Fighting Fire - Two Killed [Re: Timbo]
Teonan Offline

Loc: Gaia

Let's arm firefighters, teachers, mail deliverers, road workers, store clerks, movie ticket-takers, gardeners, pet groomers, babysitters....

#1379270 - 12/24/12 04:21 PM Re: Four Firefighters Shot Fighting Fire - Two Killed [Re: oldmedic]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: oldmedic

On the contrary, I believe with the unrelenting and increasing number being massacred, I can think of no better time to address this issue. and bring front and center, the ridiculous arguments being made against gun control measures.

#1379271 - 12/24/12 04:22 PM Re: Four Firefighters Shot Fighting Fire - Two Killed [Re: Teonan]
I did it! Offline

Loc: West Coast 29 Palms
. Convicted felons are not allowed to possess weapons
Why was he even out of jail because of the previous crime he had committed?

#1379272 - 12/24/12 04:48 PM Re: Four Firefighters Shot Fighting Fire - Two Killed [Re: I did it!]
ProAct Offline

Loc: New York State, Seneca County
The 1%ers of the NRA (its elite top leaders) have a mission: push and sell as many weapons as possible for their profit. God help us if nukes become available for sale. All they will see is $ signs. Their conscience is equal to criminal shooters - 0

#1379276 - 12/24/12 05:51 PM Re: Four Firefighters Shot Fighting Fire - Two Killed [Re: Timbo]
evilducky Offline

On the contrary, I believe with the unrelenting and increasing number being massacred, I can think of no better time to address this issue. and bring front and center, the ridiculous arguments being made against gun control measures.

So do tell how these criminals would of obeyed the new gun control laws and prevented this? Especially since no mention of what kind of weapon was used. What had it been a bolt action rifle with 5 rounds? Ban those now?

Edited by evilducky (12/24/12 05:53 PM)

#1379277 - 12/24/12 06:14 PM Re: Four Firefighters Shot Fighting Fire - Two Killed [Re: ProAct]

Originally Posted By: ProAct
The 1%ers of the NRA (its elite top leaders) have a mission: push and sell as many weapons as possible for their profit. God help us if nukes become available for sale. All they will see is $ signs. Their conscience is equal to criminal shooters - 0

Blahahahahahahahah...

#1379281 - 12/24/12 07:08 PM Re: Four Firefighters Shot Fighting Fire - Two Killed [Re: evilducky]
Roadtrip2nowhere Offline

Loc: No where but here
I'm thinking that since this waste of oxygen was a convicted felon, he shouldn't have had any weapons at all, assult, bolt action, handgun etc, etc....Just goes to show you,tougher gun laws have NEVER nor will they EVER prevent a nut job from gaining access to a weapon if he/she really wants one.

#1379286 - 12/24/12 07:45 PM Re: Four Firefighters Shot Fighting Fire - Two Killed [Re: oldmedic]
cwjga Online   content

I could not agree more.

#1379323 - 12/25/12 02:19 PM Re: Four Firefighters Shot Fighting Fire - Two Killed [Re: cwjga]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: cwjga

I could not agree more.

Then When?

#1379333 - 12/25/12 03:09 PM Re: Four Firefighters Shot Fighting Fire - Two Killed [Re: Timbo]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
There is not enough time between killings to 'wait to bring up the subject.'
Maybe now is the time. I believe this officer was armed. God bless first responders.

A traffic stop turned into a fatal shooting on Christmas Eve when a gunman killed a police officer and bystander in the parking lot of a Houston body shop, police said.
The confrontation followed a chase that began shortly before 9am Monday when the suspect sped off in his car rather than pull over as an officer had requested, Houston police spokesman John Cannon said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...l#ixzz2G5iqD4NP
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

SUPPORT SOME OF OUR TROOPS

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >