FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1378091 - 12/18/12 09:37 AM FOX News-Don't Talk About Gun Control
Timbo Offline

Loc: CNY

Fox News Execs Squashed Talk Of Gun Control After Newtown Massacre: Report

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/17/fox-news-gun-control-sandy-hook-newtown_n_2318431.html

FingerLakes1.com
#1378333 - 12/19/12 08:13 AM Re: FOX News-Don't Talk About Gun Control [Re: Timbo]
SportsRef1 Offline

Loc: Seneca County
it would seem to me they chose not to politicize the issue like you liberals.....there wont be anymore meaningful legislation anyways as Congress cant agree on anything......even the anointed one has avoided the issue for 4 years....

noticed last night that Pelousy has already moved off gun control and moved onto Clip control.....so rather than only carrying 1 or 2 high capacity clips the crazy SOB who wants to shoot 20 kids will have to carry extra low capacity clips and just reload several times because there is no one in the school to stop them.....you liberals like to waste money, especially where schools are concerned, how about placing armed guards in our schools to protect our children....maybe the union staff at the schools would consider taking some concessions to help fund this cause let's not forget several members of the school staff died with those children......JMO!

#1378338 - 12/19/12 09:18 AM Re: FOX News-Don't Talk About Gun Control [Re: SportsRef1]
Festus Offline

Loc: On yer nerves.
I watched "The Five" on Fox yesterday. They had an exceptional discussion of what needs to be done to prevent another incident like Sandy Hook. They addressed many issues, including gun control, and had some very good suggestions as to what should be done.

I actually agreed with 99& of what they had to say. It was fascinating to listen to a discussion on Fox that didn't promote an exclusively right-wing agenda.

#1378342 - 12/19/12 10:35 AM Re: FOX News-Don't Talk About Gun Control [Re: SportsRef1]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: SportsRef1
it would seem to me they chose not to politicize the issue like you liberals.....there wont be anymore meaningful legislation anyways as Congress cant agree on anything......even the anointed one has avoided the issue for 4 years....

noticed last night that Pelousy has already moved off gun control and moved onto Clip control.....so rather than only carrying 1 or 2 high capacity clips the crazy SOB who wants to shoot 20 kids will have to carry extra low capacity clips and just reload several times because there is no one in the school to stop them.....you liberals like to waste money, especially where schools are concerned, how about placing armed guards in our schools to protect our children....maybe the union staff at the schools would consider taking some concessions to help fund this cause let's not forget several members of the school staff died with those children......JMO!

Just look at you SR1, your posts are always replete with party talking points such as 'anointed one'. How very adult of you.

You apparently don't really know me at all. I have some very progressive opinions and some very conservative opinions which I've made well known on the forums. I take pride in my ability to think beyond party rhetoric, so before you go flinging sh!t on the walls in hopes of it sticking, you may want to research the target of your ill-conceived and plainly false accusations.

The content of the article I provided a link to, is 100% accurate. Your assumptions regarding FOX management are just that, ASSUMPTIONS.

In the future you may want to actually ask some questions instead of 'talking to an empty chair'. Then you can arm yourself with some actual FACTS. You'll be surprised by what you learn.

#1378346 - 12/19/12 10:57 AM Re: FOX News-Don't Talk About Gun Control [Re: Festus]
Timbo Offline

Originally Posted By: Festus
I watched "The Five" on Fox yesterday. They had an exceptional discussion of what needs to be done to prevent another incident like Sandy Hook. They addressed many issues, including gun control, and had some very good suggestions as to what should be done.

I actually agreed with 99& of what they had to say. It was fascinating to listen to a discussion on Fox that didn't promote an exclusively right-wing agenda.

I didn't see that broadcast and I'm certainly no fan of FOX News, but I'm always glad to have reasoned discussion. I'm more than a little suspicious of their sincerity however. The right, The NRA and FOX in particular have had made NO effort to have real dialogue, suddenly there's a genuine possibility of restrictions on guns and POW!... everyone's interested in talking about it. Yes, EVEN on the left.

So I won't light any candles in hopes of FOX 'coming home' until I see some real consistency. So far, the right has a pretty crappy track record.

I am sure of one thing though, there ARE going to be stronger firearm restrictions due to recent events. You can BANK on it.

#1378364 - 12/19/12 11:47 AM Re: FOX News-Don't Talk About Gun Control [Re: Timbo]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Originally Posted By: Timbo

In the future you may want to actually ask some questions instead of 'talking to an empty chair'.

HA! (rim shot)

#1378403 - 12/19/12 02:58 PM Re: FOX News-Don't Talk About Gun Control [Re: Timbo]
SportsRef1 Offline

Just look at you SR1, your posts are always replete with party talking points such as 'anointed one'. How very adult of you.

You apparently don't really know me at all. I have some very progressive opinions and some very conservative opinions which I've made well known on the forums. I take pride in my ability to think beyond party rhetoric, so before you go flinging sh!t on the walls in hopes of it sticking, you may want to research the target of your ill-conceived and plainly false accusations.

The content of the article I provided a link to, is 100% accurate. Your assumptions regarding FOX management are just that, ASSUMPTIONS.

In the future you may want to actually ask some questions instead of 'talking to an empty chair'. Then you can arm yourself with some actual FACTS. You'll be surprised by what you learn.

I suggested several things but atypical of those solidly sitting on the left you choose to attack rather than address.....as far as your progressive opinions go, no argument here...progressive/liberal, all the same.....conservative opinions from you, hardly.

#1378407 - 12/19/12 03:04 PM Re: FOX News-Don't Talk About Gun Control [Re: SportsRef1]
Timbo Offline

And you just keep flingin' away, don't you Sporty?

#1378410 - 12/19/12 03:07 PM Re: FOX News-Don't Talk About Gun Control [Re: SportsRef1]
Timbo Offline

"but atypical of those solidly sitting on the left you choose to attack rather than address....."

So you're saying the Left usually address the issues... that's odd, coming from you.

#1378412 - 12/19/12 03:10 PM Re: FOX News-Don't Talk About Gun Control [Re: Josephus]
SportsRef1 Offline

"I am sure of one thing though, there ARE going to be stronger firearm restrictions due to recent events. You can BANK on it."

so you say.....there are several reasons why Presidents stay away from those issues....and just as this one has for the last 4 years he will continue.....he doesn't have the support from the left in Congress you think he has, just look at the campaign contributions that some of those on the left receive from just the NRA alone, be careful of the love you place into Feinstein and Schumer, they can only scream up so much support....and speaking of those 2, where have they been the last 12 years on gun control?

it's no secret that the true liberal agenda would be to take all guns from everyone if they could but again it's political suicide to get to aggressive on guns....they should take a hard look at permitting issues and mental health issues though, done right enough red flags would pop up.....JMO.

#1378414 - 12/19/12 03:12 PM Re: FOX News-Don't Talk About Gun Control [Re: SportsRef1]
Timbo Offline

"noticed last night that Pelousy has already moved off gun control and moved onto Clip control.....so rather than only carrying 1 or 2 high capacity clips the crazy SOB who wants to shoot 20 kids will have to carry extra low capacity clips and just reload several times because there is no one in the school to stop them.....you liberals like to waste money, especially where schools are concerned, how about placing armed guards in our schools to protect our children....maybe the union staff at the schools would consider taking some concessions to help fund this cause let's not forget several members of the school staff died with those children......JMO!"

You're certainly entitled to your opinion (however fatuous), but I have to ask, what does any of this this have to do with FOX news?

#1378418 - 12/19/12 03:27 PM Re: FOX News-Don't Talk About Gun Control [Re: SportsRef1]
Timbo Offline

"I am sure of one thing though, there ARE going to be stronger firearm restrictions due to recent events. You can BANK on it."

so you say.....there are several reasons why Presidents stay away from those issues....and just as this one has for the last 4 years he will continue.....he doesn't have the support from the left in Congress you think he has, just look at the campaign contributions that some of those on the left receive from just the NRA alone, be careful of the love you place into Feinstein and Schumer, they can only scream up so much support....and speaking of those 2, where have they been the last 12 years on gun control?

it's no secret that the true liberal agenda would be to take all guns from everyone if they could but again it's political suicide to get to aggressive on guns....they should take a hard look at permitting issues and mental health issues though, done right enough red flags would pop up.....JMO.

Again. You just don't get it. You start out making several points that I agree with, then you go off all wooden-headed and make BS claims about about my beliefs on one subject or another.

You have the opportunity to have a true discussion or you can just show the world that you're just a schlemiel. Your choice.

#1378489 - 12/19/12 09:18 PM Re: FOX News-Don't Talk About Gun Control [Re: Timbo]
sands Offline

Loc: NY
I am sure of one thing though, there ARE going to be stronger firearm restrictions due to recent events. You can BANK on it.

“Care to put your money where your mouth is? I'll bet you $1000 that by the time Obama laves office in 4 or eight years the government will not have confiscated or tried to confiscate your guns.” - Reinhart Faust Post# 984700 02/24/09 08:56 PM

#1378499 - 12/19/12 09:40 PM Re: FOX News-Don't Talk About Gun Control [Re: sands]

Originally Posted By: sands

“Care to put your money where your mouth is? I'll bet you $1000 that by the time Obama laves office in 4 or eight years the government will not have confiscated or tried to confiscate your guns.” - Reinhart Faust Post# 984700 02/24/09 08:56 PM
I wonder if Reiny is still selling cars?

#1378500 - 12/19/12 09:40 PM Re: FOX News-Don't Talk About Gun Control [Re: sands]
Festus Offline

There's quite a difference between confiscation and making firearms more difficult for crazies to obtain.

#1378501 - 12/19/12 09:41 PM Re: FOX News-Don't Talk About Gun Control [Re: Festus]
Festus Offline

Just in case, though, I'm gonna stock up on 100 round mags for my AK-47.

#1378570 - 12/20/12 12:01 PM Re: FOX News-Don't Talk About Gun Control [Re: sands]
Timbo Offline

WTFaust are you TALKING about ? ? ?

#1378712 - 12/20/12 08:56 PM Re: FOX News-Don't Talk About Gun Control [Re: Timbo]
sands Offline

I simply quoted a post from a forum member.

#1378750 - 12/21/12 01:09 AM Re: FOX News-Don't Talk About Gun Control [Re: sands]
Timbo Offline

I simply quoted a post from a forum member.

Well, I kinda figured that. What I couldn't understand, was why it was linked to my post... anyway.

#1378752 - 12/21/12 01:16 AM Re: FOX News-Don't Talk About Gun Control [Re: Timbo]
sands Offline

Just pointing out while one person on the left says there is going to be more gun restrictions, the other says there won't.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >